Possible Plan for 2018: keep IT and bring PG.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
IT is as good as gone. He's a short, ball dominant point guard and a massive defensive liability. And that's not even bringing up the hip issue.

When management hardly mentions your name after getting you in a trade, and instead talks about the flexibility the move brings, that's a pretty sure sign you're not in the long-term plans. Even Brook Lopez got more credit from Magic and Rob.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

Everybody want PG and LB but really I’m not feeling that nor making cap space the mvp smh......I rather step out the box and target a nerlens Noel or kwahi Lenard or aketempo from bucks. Stars? Pffft the team needs defense and rebounding....that’s just me though. Trying to hit home runs when the wins can be on doubles and singles...just don’t know.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Actually, I like this plan just fine...IF Thomas returns to form and FITS in...

Lopez is a decent center a huge upgrade over Zubac!

having a team with PG and Lebron, WITHOUT Lopez and Randle would NOT be very strong in the middle...

It's a good problem to have.

If ypou were only able to bring in PG and gave IT, Lopez and Randle one year deals, they would have the flexibility of being it the 2019 Free Agent race...

I like the plan too and what I was also thinking about is using the first to trade away Deng. Then we have some cash to throw a one year deal to Boogie

That we offered boogie a deal would build Goodwill and he'd resign if healthy.

Then a couple years from now you're talking about fully healthy IT and Boogie to go with PG along with fully blossoming Lonzo, Ingram, Julius, and Kuz. That's the right mix of late 20 year olds and early 20 year olds to go on a little run of dominance
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

With the way his agent has been screaming that he's not going to be a backup, I'll be surprised if the Lakers don't show him the door as soon as Ball is ready to play. That's presuming IT doesn't end up bought out before he even steps on the floor.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

If we’re only signing 1 max contract then stretching Deng this year is dumb. Keep him for another year and try to move him or stretch him with only one year on his contract.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

He wants to start, so he's gone anyway.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

There's already speculation that he wants a buyout since his agent said that IT won't come off the bench. As per Laker Nation and Slam.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Lakers are NOT gonna buy IT out, no way, he will sit with Deng before that happens.

I'm pretty sure Magic or Rob spoke with him and told him something like:

Hey Isaiah, we loved your play in Boston and last year and that's why we traded for you, we are hoping "that" IT can get back on the court and if you can do it, then of course you'll be a starter. Also being this is the expiring year of your current contract, it makes sense to both of us that you truly shine and we will support you in every way we can. You've seen the Lakers this year you know we want to run, drive and push the ball up court and that is exactly what you can help bring to this young team, your veteran experience will be a great help in getting our guys to the next level, so you can be a leader here as well!

We need him to come in here and perform and setting a positive environment is extremely important, he always felt like he was second fiddle to LeBron and the fans disliked him because he replaced their beloved Irving. Here he only replaces Clarkson and no fans are gonna lose much sleep over that.

So let's give him a chance, huh?
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject:

I'm sold on Isaiah Thomas playing with the Laker, he has been clutch. We need his game in the fourth quarter to win in the playoffs.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I think keeping IT instead of trying for Lebron or Kawhi is just a super idea!!

I would bet that PG13, knowing he could be a second option to IT would be a great enticement for him to sign with us!!

What a super concept!!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Yeah I think keeping IT instead of trying for Lebron or Kawhi is just a super idea!!

I would bet that PG13, knowing he could be a second option to IT would be a great enticement for him to sign with us!!

What a super concept!!

LOL, you have to know that most all these posts were made before IT's latest injury.

I think IT would be lucky to get even $10mil for next season. He would be a great fit for the Thunder (LOL).

Also, I like the idea of offering Boogie a one year (approx.) $20mil contract to see if he recovers - but ONLY if the Lakers can't bring in two max stars...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: