Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Pats lose!

Turning point of the Pats season. I'm not sure if they can recover from this.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject:

Massive Sunday night game next week with the Chiefs at the Seahawks. If the Chargers beat the Ravens at home, then KC will be playing to stay as the #1 seed, with the knowledge that they would drop all the way down to the #5 seed if they lose. And on the other side, with their loss yesterday to the 49ers, the Seahawks are in danger of heading to Week 17 without clinching a playoff spot. It should be noted that the Seahawks get the Cardinals at home in Week 17, so they will almost certainly still get into the playoffs, but if they lose next week to the Chiefs, they could fall to the #6 seed if Minnesota won their final two. The Vikings are at the Lions and then host the Bears in Week 17. Nothing should really be considered a gimme for the Vikings, but if they beat the Lions next week, there's a very realistic chance that the Bears won't go all-out in Week 17, at least not for 4 quarters. (Unless the Rams lost next week at Arizona, the Bears would need a Rams loss in Week 17 at home vs. the 49ers to have a chance to move up to the #2 seed.) Seattle has to know that the Bears are likely to finish as the #3 seed, which would mean that Seattle could have to play a Wild Card game in Chicago again, where they got blitzed earlier in the season (the final score wasn't close to indicative of how the game was played, with the Bears dominating). I'm sure that Seattle would rather finish as the #5 and go play at Dallas or Washington or Philly in the Wild Card round.

In other words, both KC and Seattle are going to be highly, highly motivated to win that game. Had Seattle won yesterday to clinch a playoff spot, they would've been essentially locked into the #5 seed, and we may not have seen their highest level of motivation. I'm sure the Chargers are glad that Seattle lost yesterday.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Payton gets too cute running that play for Lewis. You got studs all around your roster. Kamara should have been doing that play.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I recall many experts thought the NFC South may be the toughest conference this season.....they really missed on that one.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
Pats lose!

You're kidding right?

The league will make sure the Pats can advance as far as they can possibly justify.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
Pats lose!

You're kidding right?

The league will make sure the Pats can advance as far as they can possibly justify.

Brady may not be playing well enough for them to overcome having to play in the Wild Card round (which means needing to win 4 playoff games). Of course, they could still end up getting a bye. But yeah, Brady has slipped a little bit, and next year, he may fall off the cliff entirely. When it happens, it happens fast, a la Peyton Manning.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

Jared Goff gets the Pro Bowl Nod:

Quote:
Russell Wilson (selected as an alternate) has thrown four more touchdowns (31 to 27) and seven fewer interceptions (six to 13) than Jared Goff, and his passer rating is 14 points higher (111.6 to 97.6).

Goff playing in the supposed greatest show on turf, tossing the ballto the likes of Kupps, Woods, & Cooks in a pass happy offense, and he still put up inferior numbers to Wilson who plays in a run happy offense with weapons like a season long injured Baldwin, Moore, Brown & Lockett. Clearly Wilson has done more with a LOT less. Wilson had more TD tosses than Goff, Brady, Rothlisberger, Ryan & is tied with Drew Brees & Phillip Rivers for 3rd?

It really sucks to see the lack of credit Wilsin get's since he's been in the league.

Quick facts: Since entering the league in 2012, Wilson has tossed more TD's than every other QB in the league. More than Brees. More than Brady. More than Rivers, Rothlisberger, & Luck. He's accomplished that without the benefit of weapons like Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Michel Tomas, Edelman, Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, and the like.

Wilson has the highest 4th qtr QB rating since he entered the league.

Wilson has the 2nd highest # of 4th qtr comeback victories since he entered the league.

When he makes the playoffs this year, he will become the 1st QB in NFL history to make the playoffs in each of his 1st 7 seasons.

His career 110 passer rating is only second to Aaron Rodgers out of every QB to ever lace em up.

His 4th qtr QBR of 124 is #1 in league history.

In 2017, Wilson set an all time Offensive record by accounting for a mid boggling 86 percent of his team’s yards.

How on Earth is this guy still not getting his due???

He's more the definition of a winner than any other single player that's ever played in the league. The stats completely back up that fact (and from a statistical metric, nobody else is even close)
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject:

^
I hate the Seahawks, but Wilson not making it at the expense of both Goff and especially Rodgers is a joke. Aaron Rodgers has not played well this season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

Josh Gordon facing indefinite suspension yet again and will step away from the Patriots. Hope this guy gets the help he needs.

Quote:
#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1075761886954749953?s=21
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Josh Gordon facing indefinite suspension yet again and will step away from the Patriots. Hope this guy gets the help he needs.

Quote:
#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1075761886954749953?s=21

Not the Patriots year. Opening for the Chargers to get far in the playoffs....with the Patriots looking like things aren't going their way, the AFC is wide open this year.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

i dont get why tanking isnt a big thing in the NFL especially since there is no lottery to throw off the draft order. Im so mad my 49ers have yet again won meaningless games to push themselves down the draft chart for yet another season.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
i dont get why tanking isnt a big thing in the NFL especially since there is no lottery to throw off the draft order. Im so mad my 49ers have yet again won meaningless games to push themselves down the draft chart for yet another season.

San Francisco is building towards fielding a better team next season and I think they are doing very well in that regard. I like that they are playing their hearts out to close, and I think that bodes better for them going into next season. Unlike the NBA, a single player isn't going to be a gamechanger for them coming out of the next draft imo. Teams that draft better overall find the best path to success. That 1st player taken isn't as important as their overall draft strategy. Teams get 17 games to build upon a succesful culture and a lot of winning in the NFL is about the right team mindset. I'm proud that they are choosing to build that culture instead of tanking for 1st round positioning. And I like what I'm seeing in that regard. Mullens is growing up into a nice young QB right before our eyes and Ithinkit's safe to say that they've now got a nice quandry at the QB position going into next season and have developed a new asset that they have more options in just what direction they desire to go. Mullens or Garrapolo will serve that team well, and the other can now be used as an asset to strengthen their ballclub if they choose. Had they chose tanking instead, they'd not been in that enviable position.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

San Francisco is building towards fielding a better team next season and I think they are doing very well in that regard. I like that they are playing their hearts out to close, and I think that bodes better for them going into next season. Unlike the NBA, a single player isn't going to be a gamechanger for them coming out of the next draft imo. Teams that draft better overall find the best path to success. That 1st player taken isn't as important as their overall draft strategy. Teams get 17 games to build upon a succesful culture and a lot of winning in the NFL is about the right team mindset. I'm proud that they are choosing to build that culture instead of tanking for 1st round positioning. And I like what I'm seeing in that regard. Mullens is growing up into a nice young QB right before our eyes and Ithinkit's safe to say that they've now got a nice quandry at the QB position going into next season and have developed a new asset that they have more options in just what direction they desire to go. Mullens or Garrapolo will serve that team well, and the other can now be used as an asset to strengthen their ballclub if they choose. Had they chose tanking instead, they'd not been in that enviable position.

Also unlike the NBA, you can get a Pro Bowler or even a future HOFer with a low draft pick. NFL is a whole different animal.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject:

Jimmy G is the 49ers' QB. Not a doubt in my mind about that, if he's healthy. They are just too pot committed with that contract. Mullens gives them a nice insurance policy, or, if Jimmy G is looking fully healthy during OTA's or the preseason next year, they could look to flip Mullens. They still have Beathard as a backup, and if Mullens can get them a decent draft pick, that's the route I'd take.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Massive Sunday night game next week with the Chiefs at the Seahawks.

LakerLanny likes the Seahawks as a 2.5 point home underdog in that game.

Chiefs Offensive Line looked atrocious against the Chargers, look for Seattle to terrorize them.

I love Mahomes, but he is taking a lot of big hits....KC better be careful or he could end up like RG3.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Chiefs Offensive Line looked atrocious against the Chargers, look for Seattle to terrorize them.

I love Mahomes, but he is taking a lot of big hits....KC better be careful or he could end up like RG3.

how much you going to throw down on that one?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I don't bet huge amounts because I don't like the pain.

I already have $25 on the moneyline on Seattle +125 and will probably raise it before kickoff because I can't help myself!
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I already have $25 on the moneyline on Seattle +125 and will probably raise it before kickoff because I can't help myself!

it's a tempting line for sure

I also like the Philly line a lot
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Raiders to AT&T Park for 2019 season? Probably makes the most sense if they don't want to play at the Oakland Alameda Coliseum due to the lawsuit.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25590023/oakland-raiders-show-interest-playing-san-francisco-att-park-2019
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

it's a tempting line for sure

I also like the Philly line a lot

Like LL, I usually don't risk too much when I'm in Vegas, as I am right now. Here's what I kind of like:

--Rams/Cardinals Under
--Dolphins minus the points
--49ers plus the points, and maybe even money line
--Bills plus the points

Those are my 4 favorite bets at the moment. Also considering Jets plus the points.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Redskins took a chance on Kaepernick and then he rips their hearts out by throwing that Pick 6 to keep them out of the playoffs. Skins should have went a different direction and chose a more steady veteran like Josh Johnson or Kyle Orton. Can't believe Kaepernick got beat by Blaine Gabbert. Geese...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Just hit a small $50 (profit) win on the Ravens-Chargers 2nd half. After the lack of points in the first half, I took the Ravens and the Over in the second half, and put $20 on it. With the defensive TD by Baltimore, it sealed it for me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jimmy G is the 49ers' QB. Not a doubt in my mind about that, if he's healthy. They are just too pot committed with that contract. Mullens gives them a nice insurance policy, or, if Jimmy G is looking fully healthy during OTA's or the preseason next year, they could look to flip Mullens. They still have Beathard as a backup, and if Mullens can get them a decent draft pick, that's the route I'd take.

Those Eastern Illinois University QBs are golden.

Sorry, just a chance to rep my Panthers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Raiders to AT&T Park for 2019 season? Probably makes the most sense if they don't want to play at the Oakland Alameda Coliseum due to the lawsuit.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25590023/oakland-raiders-show-interest-playing-san-francisco-att-park-2019

I wondered why they weren’t there, supposedly it was designed for two teams.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

I still think the Colts comeback and win this but in the event they don't it would figure that Peyton's lil bro would end our season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 62 of 106
Jump to: