2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
Saints fans are really angry, they're now filing lawsuits! The owner and head coach have been whining and complaining so bad. Newsflash, every NFL game is going to have a few non-calls and a controversial call or 2.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25824920/angry-new-orleans-saints-fans-file-lawsuits-put-billboards

I agree their actions are silly....the Rams are 100% going to the Super Bowl no matter how loud the outrage becomes. Also, the outrage is not limited to Saints fans....it is basically all non Ram fans that are disgusted with the officials. That said, this was a little more than your typical contested call.....this was blatant and is the reason the Saints are not in the Super Bowl. There will be changes to the rules based on the missed pass interference call.....or whatever you want to call it.....missed seems too innocent since every referee must have had their eyes closed.

It is one of the reasons I am taking the Patriots in the Super Bowl....I do not know if the NFL can allow the Rams to win the Super Bowl in fear of so many fans viewing them as illegitimate.

Last edited by adkindo on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Saints fans are really angry, they're now filing lawsuits! The owner and head coach have been whining and complaining so bad. Newsflash, every NFL game is going to have a few non-calls and a controversial call or 2.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25824920/angry-new-orleans-saints-fans-file-lawsuits-put-billboards

I don't blame them.

It cost them a Super Bowl spot, literally.

This "missed call" was so obvious that it is criminal.

To me, this puts a major taint on the Super Bowl.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Oh stop with this PC crap. I’m loving it every single second of it. Suck it Nawleans, Lakers got robbed of a prime CP3 and you don’t hear us crying publicly like this.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Quote:
David William Naylor

Verified account

@TSNDaveNaylor
7h7 hours ago
More
I recall standing outside hotel in Denver the day the @Broncos signed Peyton Manning. Chatting with @peter_king and told him CFL was looking at making pass interference reviewable. He thought that was crazy, as most did then. Now, NFL appears ready to go there after Rams-Saints.

So are people going to pretend Brees didn't throw an INT?

People recognize that the interception had nothing to do with pass interference. One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I agree their actions are silly....the Rams are 100% going to the Super Bowl no matter how loud the outrage becomes. Also, the outrage is not limited to Saints fans....it is basically all non Ram fans that are disgusted with the officials. That said, this was a little more than your typical contested call.....this was blatant and is the reason the Saints are not in the Super Bowl. There will be changes to the rules based on the missed pass interference call.....or whatever you want to call it.....missed seems too innocent since every referee must have had their eyes closed.

It is one of the reasons I am taking the Patriots in the Super Bowl....I do not know if the NFL can allow the Rams to win the Super Bowl in fear of so many fans viewing them as illegitimate.

Justice would be the Rams losing the game on a blown call. That is what I am hoping for.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I absolutely despise how the NFL does OT in the playoffs. I think it's ludicrous that one team may not touch the ball on offense. Absolutely ludicrous. What other sport does that? And I really hate the logic of "well, stop them on defense, then." First off, the current rules tilt the advantage to the offense considerably, and secondly, what if it's a shootout? I've seen Aaron Rodgers not get to have the ball in OT in the NFC Championship Game, I saw Matt Ryan not get the ball in a Super Bowl in OT, and now no Mahomes getting a chance in OT in an AFC Championship Game.

I think the college rules are a bit gimmicky, but I'd still strongly prefer that because at least nobody is gaining an advantage, and it just feels fair. Personally, I'd be in favor of just playing a full 10-minute quarter. I wouldn't mind a system where both teams get a chance to possess the ball offensively, and then if the score is still tied after both teams have had the ball on offense, perhaps you go to a shootout type of thing where both teams attempt conversions from the 2-yard-line until one team scores and the other doesn't. (I would not be in favor of "next score wins", since, again, that favors the team that got the ball first.)

I just know that this has to change.

I am actually a fan of the NFL OT rules. You point out that it favors the team that wins the coin toss heavily, but it should not. A team should not be able to drive the length of the field and score a TD if you have a competent defense. Defenses have to step up and make stops. The Patriots made 3 incredible 3rd down conversions to keep that drive alive.....and I would guess the odds were less than 10% that would happen again.

That said, I would be ok with the following change. If the team that wins the coin toss scores (TD or FG), the other team receives a kickoff and a 2 Minute clock to attempt to win or tie the game. So after kickoff, the team would have 2 minutes or less and their one timeout to drive down the field and attempt to score. I am absolutely against any changes that are similar to college....even though I do not hate college rules for college. Nobody wants a 7 OT NFL game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Oh stop with this PC crap. I’m loving it every single second of it. Suck it Nawleans, Lakers got robbed of a prime CP3 and you don’t hear us crying publicly like this.

You’re still crying 5 years later
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:

good point on "gifting" Patriots the title. Rams should use this as extra fuel heading into the game.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

You’re still crying 5 years later

not publicly
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

bs, we have been crying about CP3 for nearly a decade....we have used that as an excuse for almost everything that has went wrong with the Lakers since that day.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

This has nothing to do with the Rams.

Don't disparage them

What would you do if in their shoes?

Human minds... dangerous things

OT
NFL is now reviewing whether Brady had a laser
pointed into his eye at key points during the game
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
This has nothing to do with the Rams.

Don't disparage them

What would you do if in their shoes?

Human minds... dangerous things

OT
NFL is now reviewing whether Brady had a laser
pointed into his eye at key points during the game

I am not disparaging them....I feel bad for them....it is not fair to them to have to answer for the officials and it has to taint their SB experience to a degree when the media is focused on why they should not be there.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Seems like Sean McVay is getting tired of the PI non-call controversy and is fighting back and pointing out that the Saints also benefited from non-calls.

Quote:
Specifically, the Rams couldn’t understand how the refs didn’t call Saints linebacker A.J. Klein’s apparent grab of Jared Goff’s facemask on the Rams’ previous drive. A penalty would have given a first down to the Rams at the New Orleans 1, putting them in prime position to take a 24-20 lead with a touchdown with 5:03 to play.

“When you slow it down, clearly you can see some of the things that took place. If you want to do that on every single play, though, there’s a lot of instances. You want to slow some things down with a facemask on Goff, some different things,” McVay said. “What we try to do a good job of understanding is that it is an imperfect game.”
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

People act like their were no bad calls in the Saint's favor. Bad calls happen, it's part of the game. There is no great conspiracy behind any of this. It was just a bad call and it does suck for New Orleans because the timing of the call was at a point where the game was theirs to win.

While the overtime cointoss win is separate and they/their fans may (rightfully) view it as they now had to win the game a 2nd time, they didn't convert. Brees threw an interception and cost them their shot to win. Who's to say there wasn't a turnover afterwards if that PI was called? Yes it was very likely the Saints won but it was also likely the Seahawks were going to beat the Pats and we all saw what happened.

The only thing guaranteed is that the refs suck sometimes and luck often plays a part in close games.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Chiefs fire the DC
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I don't blame them.

Actually the only reason is that the Saints fans and Rams haters are more vocal. Its too bad the Rams didn't raise a stink about all the obvious home cooking that was going for the Saints with all those non-calls that went in favor of the Saints like that critical face mask near the end of the 4th quarter that would've penalized the Saints and gave the Rams another 4 downs to work with instead of kicking a FG to tie it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Justice would be the Rams losing the game on a blown call. That is what I am hoping for.

Justice would be the Rams winning the Super Bowl and all the haters crying like those sore loser Kings fans still crying about the 2002 Western Conference Finals almost 20 years later....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Stop with this Gurley is hurt nonsense. He dropped two key passes, dude just wasn't ready to play yesterday and the Ramd went with the guy that was. Hopefully he comes back strong in two weeks.

He said as much. Until I read this I thought he wasn't 100%

Todd Gurley wasn't hurt Sunday, just played 'sorry'

LINK

Quote:
Quote:
"I was sorry. I was sorry as hell today," Gurley said. "I was sorry. So, C.J. (Anderson) did his thing. The whole team did its thing. Everybody kept me up during the game. That's why it's a team sport. This is the greatest team sport in America. It takes everybody, everybody on the team and that's what we did."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I don't blame them.

Actually the only reason is that the Saints fans and Rams haters are more vocal. Its too bad the Rams didn't raise a stink about all the obvious home cooking that was going for the Saints with all those non-calls that went in favor of the Saints like that critical face mask near the end of the 4th quarter that would've penalized the Saints and gave the Rams another 4 downs to work with instead of kicking a FG to tie it.

How about the critical sack on Brees where not one but two Rams players grabbed his helmet? No call and Saints fans aren’t crying about it because stuff like that gets missed all the time. Pass interference with head to head contact isn’t missed very often.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I don't blame them.

How about the critical sack on Brees where not one but two Rams players grabbed his helmet? No call and Saints fans aren’t crying about it because stuff like that gets missed all the time. Pass interference with head to head contact isn’t missed very often.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50823687_2045866942133571_9126728194588672000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=733d7ade5b65ed6c36917822c4da9902&oe=5CC9EF34
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

There are missed calls in EVERY NFL game. Some are more egregious than others, some change the outcome of games. these are known's. There's no changing what happened. C'est la vie

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

with Gurley i think it's combination of unknown health issue and ego. he sees how CJ Anderson has been producing and the increase in carries, maybe his ego is hurting on top of he's not 100% healthy. either way, Rams should not play the personnel based on the name on back of the jerseys, whoever's producing should get the bulk snaps.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Saints should find a way to trade for Philips Rivers, so he can cry them a river for this non-call.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

If the same non call had happened against the Pats people would be applauding it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
I absolutely despise how the NFL does OT in the playoffs. I think it's ludicrous that one team may not touch the ball on offense. Absolutely ludicrous. What other sport does that? And I really hate the logic of "well, stop them on defense, then." First off, the current rules tilt the advantage to the offense considerably, and secondly, what if it's a shootout? I've seen Aaron Rodgers not get to have the ball in OT in the NFC Championship Game, I saw Matt Ryan not get the ball in a Super Bowl in OT, and now no Mahomes getting a chance in OT in an AFC Championship Game.

I think the college rules are a bit gimmicky, but I'd still strongly prefer that because at least nobody is gaining an advantage, and it just feels fair. Personally, I'd be in favor of just playing a full 10-minute quarter. I wouldn't mind a system where both teams get a chance to possess the ball offensively, and then if the score is still tied after both teams have had the ball on offense, perhaps you go to a shootout type of thing where both teams attempt conversions from the 2-yard-line until one team scores and the other doesn't. (I would not be in favor of "next score wins", since, again, that favors the team that got the ball first.)

I just know that this has to change.

I am actually a fan of the NFL OT rules. You point out that it favors the team that wins the coin toss heavily, but it should not. A team should not be able to drive the length of the field and score a TD if you have a competent defense. Defenses have to step up and make stops. The Patriots made 3 incredible 3rd down conversions to keep that drive alive.....and I would guess the odds were less than 10% that would happen again.

That said, I would be ok with the following change. If the team that wins the coin toss scores (TD or FG), the other team receives a kickoff and a 2 Minute clock to attempt to win or tie the game. So after kickoff, the team would have 2 minutes or less and their one timeout to drive down the field and attempt to score. I am absolutely against any changes that are similar to college....even though I do not hate college rules for college. Nobody wants a 7 OT NFL game.

I don't agree with this line of thinking. The fact is that the Chiefs do not have a good defense. They just don't. But why does that mean that they have an inferior football team? The object is to score more points than your opponent, at the end of the day. Whether that means 17-16 or 50-49, it shouldn't matter. Nothing is "better." It's just about who has the higher point total at the end. The Chiefs don't have a good defense, but their equalizer is that they have a magical QB who can will them. After 60 minutes of football, the two teams were tied in points. So how is it fair that a team with a clearly inferior defense has to put its defense on the field just because of a random coin toss, and the strength of the team, the offense, doesn't get to take the field? I find it ridiculous. Any format where both teams don't play both sides of the ball is unfair IMO. And I haven't even mentioned yet that the rules in today's football clearly favor the offense. Put it this way: the team that wins the coin toss is taking the football, 100%. Is that not telling?

Imagine it's the World Series. It's Game 7. The score is tied after 9 innings. They toss a coin and one team wins the toss and comes up to bat first. They score a run...and it's over! Game over! How fair is that? Would the argument be "well, the pitcher (the defense) shouldn't have allowed them to score, so tough cookies!" Really? Doesn't that sound crazy? I mean, this is essentially what football does.

I don't care what different format the NFL goes to, as long as both teams get the opportunity to play both offense and defense. (You know, barring a defensive TD/safety, something like that.) And I believe that the rule will change fairly soon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 102 of 106
Jump to: