Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
adkindo wrote:
"Peter, Peter, Peter"....the Saints returner screams to let his guys know to get away from incoming punt. It has been the universal call since I was a little kid to get away from live ball. I would love to know how and when it started....I mean it had to be some dude named Peter that kept getting in the way and hitting the live ball on punts?

I can't believe your coach never explained it. "Peter" is an old school term for "Penis", kinda like "Johnson". You yell Peter Peter Peter to alert the guys that it's something they don't want to touch in a million years. Some teams have gotten sucked up into the current PC climate and have started to use another term so that something so silly doesn't end up offending folks who hadn't ginned up a reason to be offended with it over the past 70 years.

I guess I was not the only one....but it appears your answer has some merit...

LINK
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I have an uneasy feeling Patriot haters are gonna be mad as hell cause they have to take it some more.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Ford cost his team the Super Bowl by lining up off sides. Lol, I’m guessing he’s savaged by fans on Sports radio in Kansas City tomorrow.

Yup

What a dumb play

Why Patriots always benefit from opposing teams making really dumb plays

Because beating them is incredibly difficult as you've witnessed

Lakers fan and Patriots fan?

That doesn't go together.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Rams Say Todd Gurley Isn't Injured Despite Limited Touches vs. Saints

LINK

Quote:
Gurley had only three carries for four yards through the first three quarters and was seen riding the stationary bike on the sideline in the fourth on Fox's broadcast. However, the Rams said there was nothing physically wrong with him, per Jeff Schultz of The Athletic.

Schultz added, "I'm finding that difficult to believe."

I am too.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

CJ Anderson is a better option this is a blessing in disguise.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
CJ Anderson is a better option this is a blessing in disguise.

If Gurley's not hurt we have a batter Ram. Rams vs Dallas C.J. Anderson (123 yards) and Todd Gurley (115) That game is the reason I think he's not 100%

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Regardless CJ Anderson plays very well vs the Pats I'd trust him a lot more than Gurley.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
adkindo wrote:
"Peter, Peter, Peter"....the Saints returner screams to let his guys know to get away from incoming punt. It has been the universal call since I was a little kid to get away from live ball. I would love to know how and when it started....I mean it had to be some dude named Peter that kept getting in the way and hitting the live ball on punts?

I can't believe your coach never explained it. "Peter" is an old school term for "Penis", kinda like "Johnson". You yell Peter Peter Peter to alert the guys that it's something they don't want to touch in a million years. Some teams have gotten sucked up into the current PC climate and have started to use another term so that something so silly doesn't end up offending folks who hadn't ginned up a reason to be offended with it over the past 70 years.

I guess I was not the only one....but it appears your answer has some merit...

LINK

There is an old Video of Mike Ditka explaining it back in the 80's. His explanation was even less politically correct. Not only was it to "get away" from the ball, but players were instructed to never take their eyes off the ball as they were running away from it because you never wanted to turn your arse towards a Peter. Clearly you couldn't fully explain the origins today, hence all those old school coaches feigning ignorance and avoiding answering something that's been widely known amongst old schoolers. Our high school coach took it a step furthur and I'm definitely not repeating his even more explicit description.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I want both.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Ford cost his team the Super Bowl by lining up off sides. Lol, I’m guessing he’s savaged by fans on Sports radio in Kansas City tomorrow.

This guy is their Steve Bartman/Bill Buckner.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Not surprised pats advanced, the other teams in the AFC usually can't stop them unless it's Peyton manning on the opposing team.

Yup, three straight Super Bowl appearances since Manning retired. If it wasn’t for the Manning family how many Super Bowl appearances and rings would Belichick/Brady have?

I miss the Brady/Peyton rivalry. Mahomes emergence made the AFC much more interesting.

Last edited by Steve007 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

How come the Rams won with a field goal in OT while the Pats needed a touchdown to win in OT also? I have seen a regular season OT game and both teams got a chance to score. Can someone explain? Thanks!

Last edited by ksmgf on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I feels weird that so many of you guys are Rams fans, and are complaining about the refs in the Chiefs/Pats game....I mean you did watch what took place in the Saints/Rams game, right?

I agree the refs were horrible. Missing the facemask penalty probably cost the Rams a td. Fortunately the Rams overcame that when the refs made a huge mistake later.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
How come the Rams won with a field goal in OT while the Pats needed a touchdown to win in OT also? I could have sworn that I seen a regular season OT game and both teams got a chance to score.

Saints got the ball first in OT and Brees had a pass intercepted.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Rams vs Patriots

Between the GSW and Patriots sports are getting kinda boring

At least the Patriots have lost though. Golden State just destroys everybody (except the Rockets but then CP3 got hurt so GS had a huge edge there).

Thankfully nobody can team up with Brady and make the kind of impact that Durant made with the Warriors. The Patriots did get Moss once but ironically they never won with him.

And thankfully the NFC doesn’t have its version of the Cavs teams that kept losing to the Warriors.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
How come the Rams won with a field goal in OT while the Pats needed a touchdown to win in OT also? I have seen a regular season OT game and both teams got a chance to score. Can someone explain? Thanks!

NFL overtime rules is this....the first team that scores a TD wins...
If the team that first receives the ball fails to score on their possession, the opposing team can win with a field goal. If the team that receives the ball kicks a field goal, the other team must match with a field goal to keep the overtime going or they can win with a TD.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject:

^
I absolutely despise how the NFL does OT in the playoffs. I think it's ludicrous that one team may not touch the ball on offense. Absolutely ludicrous. What other sport does that? And I really hate the logic of "well, stop them on defense, then." First off, the current rules tilt the advantage to the offense considerably, and secondly, what if it's a shootout? I've seen Aaron Rodgers not get to have the ball in OT in the NFC Championship Game, I saw Matt Ryan not get the ball in a Super Bowl in OT, and now no Mahomes getting a chance in OT in an AFC Championship Game.

I think the college rules are a bit gimmicky, but I'd still strongly prefer that because at least nobody is gaining an advantage, and it just feels fair. Personally, I'd be in favor of just playing a full 10-minute quarter. I wouldn't mind a system where both teams get a chance to possess the ball offensively, and then if the score is still tied after both teams have had the ball on offense, perhaps you go to a shootout type of thing where both teams attempt conversions from the 2-yard-line until one team scores and the other doesn't. (I would not be in favor of "next score wins", since, again, that favors the team that got the ball first.)

I just know that this has to change.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

This guy is their Steve Bartman/Bill Buckner.

I hope not

The way they crucified Buckner n Bartman was wrong
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I hate Boston.
I hate the Celtics, I hate the Pats, I hate the Red Sox. And whoever their hockey team is.

I'm a big fan of the Pats but LA and CA is home, so don't mind if the Rams win too.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Rams vs Patriots

Between the GSW and Patriots sports are getting kinda boring

At least the Patriots have lost though. Golden State just destroys everybody (except the Rockets but then CP3 got hurt so GS had a huge edge there).

Thankfully nobody can team up with Brady and make the kind of impact that Durant made with the Warriors. The Patriots did get Moss once but ironically they never won with him.

And thankfully the NFC doesn’t have its version of the Cavs teams that kept losing to the Warriors.

The Warriors lost to the Cavs in 2016
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Not surprised pats advanced, the other teams in the AFC usually can't stop them unless it's Peyton manning on the opposing team.

Yup, three straight Super Bowl appearances since Manning retired. If it wasn’t for the Manning family how many Super Bowl appearances and rings would Belichick/Brady have?

I miss the Brady/Peyton rivalry. Mahomes emergence made the AFC much more interesting.

3 more appearances and at least two more rings. *shudder*
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
David William Naylor

Verified account

@TSNDaveNaylor
7h7 hours ago
More
I recall standing outside hotel in Denver the day the @Broncos signed Peyton Manning. Chatting with @peter_king and told him CFL was looking at making pass interference reviewable. He thought that was crazy, as most did then. Now, NFL appears ready to go there after Rams-Saints.

So are people going to pretend Brees didn't throw an INT?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Quote:
David William Naylor

Verified account

@TSNDaveNaylor
7h7 hours ago
More
I recall standing outside hotel in Denver the day the @Broncos signed Peyton Manning. Chatting with @peter_king and told him CFL was looking at making pass interference reviewable. He thought that was crazy, as most did then. Now, NFL appears ready to go there after Rams-Saints.

So are people going to pretend Brees didn't throw an INT?

They pretend that the Red Sox didn't have a game 7 after the Buckner play. Losers tend to hold on to the one thing that didn't go their way and ignore everything else.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

Saints fans are really angry, they're now filing lawsuits! The owner and head coach have been whining and complaining so bad. Newsflash, every NFL game is going to have a few non-calls and a controversial call or 2.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25824920/angry-new-orleans-saints-fans-file-lawsuits-put-billboards
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Stop with this Gurley is hurt nonsense. He dropped two key passes, dude just wasn't ready to play yesterday and the Ramd went with the guy that was. Hopefully he comes back strong in two weeks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 101 of 106
Jump to: