2018-19 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Uh Oh... INT...That might be the dagger....

Might? Game over.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

NOW its over....
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Foles magic finally comes to an end in New Orleans... wow...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Saints vs Rams in the NFC championship.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

@numero-ocho Made a hellofa come back. Went 0 4 last week, 4 0 this week.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

Going to be fun... the top 2 seeds in both conferences are playing each other..

Got some really fun potential SB games and story lines..
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

Eagles were able to get the Saints to play the type of game that they could win, they just couldn't close it out.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

That may have been Foles' last game as an Eagle.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

There will be a couple of teams that will break open the checkbook for Foles.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

3-1 again this week, as I foolishly picked the Chargers. The Charger coaching staff's lack of adjusting on defense to what was clearly happening is mind-boggling to me, but they just weren't the better team out there. (Still, I have no idea how you continue to stay in a soft zone against a passer like Tom Brady. It was so easy it was genuinely shocking.)

I thought the Eagles were going to pull the upset after Lutz missed the FG. Oh, Alshon.

If the Jaguars call the Eagles and offer Jalen Ramsey and the #7 overall pick, are you tempted if you're Howie Roseman? What if it's #7 overall and at least 1 other 1st round pick, and perhaps another 2nd or a 3rd thrown in? I think it would be at least something to strongly consider. This is assuming that Foles would sign back as a free agent. I think that it's not just as simple as thinking that Wentz will get back and be fine. Does he not have a durability question, at this point?
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject:

Who's winning the SB? I'd love to see a Rams vs Chiefs Super Bowl. And also who is the favorite to win the regular season MVP?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I don't think anyone really believed the Chargers were going to win this game if they had HFA I'd see the disappointment like during the 2006 season(BTW thanks for blowing that game the Colts wouldn't have gotten to the SB and won it otherwise) a game they should've won almost did and literally gave it away.

We all knew how this was going to end.

I thought the Chargers had a real shot at winning and thought it was 50-50. And I saw plenty of people pick the Chargers to win. The Patriots looked much more beatable this season and I thought the Chargers were the better, more talented team coming into this. The Chargers didn’t look like chokers this season and I had never seen the Patriots offense get dominated as often as they had this season (unless you go back to literally at least a decade). This wasn’t the same, consistent Patriots team that was 14-2 and 13-3 the last couple of seasons.

And I’m still confused by the Chargers defensive game plan. They just let New England continue to pick them apart. Maybe the Chargers did them a favor by beating the Ravens; they had a better defense and would have been better prepared to deal with the cold.

I am shocked the Chargers put up that weak of a performance. I thought they would at least look tougher in a loss.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
I don't think anyone really believed the Chargers were going to win this game if they had HFA I'd see the disappointment like during the 2006 season(BTW thanks for blowing that game the Colts wouldn't have gotten to the SB and won it otherwise) a game they should've won almost did and literally gave it away.

I thought the Chargers had a real shot at winning and thought it was 50-50. And I saw plenty of people pick the Chargers to win. The Patriots looked much more beatable this season and I thought the Chargers were the better, more talented team coming into this. The Chargers didn’t look like chokers this season and I had never seen the Patriots offense get dominated as often as they had this season (unless you go back to literally at least a decade). This wasn’t the same, consistent Patriots team that was 14-2 and 13-3 the last couple of seasons.

And I’m still confused by the Chargers defensive game plan. They just let New England continue to pick them apart. Maybe the Chargers did them a favor by beating the Ravens; they had a better defense and would have been better prepared to deal with the cold.

I am shocked the Chargers put up that weak of a performance. I thought they would at least look tougher in a loss.

Chargers coaches did their gameplan on what they saw in the regular season from the Pats. Since the Pats got a bye week, that allowed them to implement new schemes and plays the defense has never seen before also with some rest. In other words, its a testament on how good and smart the NE coaches are. The in-game adjustments were pitiful however. The Chargers had no answer to Brady. Still a great season for the Chargers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
That may have been Foles' last game as an Eagle.

If you were the Eagles GM would you try to keep Foles as a backup QB or would you move him while he has some trade value. Do you think he's a franchise QB?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If you were the Eagles GM would you try to keep Foles as a backup QB or would you move him while he has some trade value. Do you think he's a franchise QB?

I doubt it....but I do think there is a chance he may be. At a minimum, I think he is better than many starting QB's in the NFL, and would be a real upgrade for several teams.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I doubt it....but I do think there is a chance he may be. At a minimum, I think he is better than many starting QB's in the NFL, and would be a real upgrade for several teams.

Where would he fit best? How about staying in the division, Washington (don't like the Redskins moniker and I'm not going to debate the reason) or Giants?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Kyler Murray enters name into NFL draft, but A's still have 72 hours to change Heisman winner's mind
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

The Saints won the 2009 Super Bowl with a 13-3 record, losing to Tampa Bay, Dallas and Carolina. This year the Saints have a 13-3 record losing to Tampa Bay, Dallas and Carolina. History repeating itself?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Kyler Murray enters name into NFL draft, but A's still have 72 hours to change Heisman winner's mind

Sage advice from Deion, somebody who has actually done both...
Quote:
"If I was in his shoes, I'm picking up the baseball bat and I'm not looking back," Sanders told ESPN.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:
"If I was in his shoes, I'm picking up the baseball bat and I'm not looking back," Sanders told ESPN.
If he "picks up the baseball bat" wouldn't he have to go into the farm system?

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Saints won the 2009 Super Bowl with a 13-3 record, losing to Tampa Bay, Dallas and Carolina. This year the Saints have a 13-3 record losing to Tampa Bay, Dallas and Carolina. History repeating itself?

dropped my car off last week at the dealer for service....and the near elderly woman at the counter dropped this knowledge on me then.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:
If he "picks up the baseball bat" would he have to go into the farm system?

and that is the issue....go to the NFL and get drafted in the 1st Round....guaranteed millions and he is in the league next season. Take the baseball route, and he is riding buses and staying at economy hotels for at least 2-4 years hoping to not get injured and get a call up.....with literally none of it within his control.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I thought the Chargers would beat the Patriots and then collapse in the AFC title game. That would be the most excruciating scenario for Chargers fans. That’s what the Chargers do, right?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
and that is the issue....go to the NFL and get drafted in the 1st Round....guaranteed millions and he is in the league next season. Take the baseball route, and he is riding buses and staying at economy hotels for at least 2-4 years hoping to not get injured and get a call up.....with literally none of it within his control.

He’d get a load of money upfront from the A’s, too. I guess this makes sense if it’s what he wants to do, but I’d pick the option that didn’t involve getting drilled by pass rushers.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

At least it won't be at the expense of my Colts
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 89 of 106
Jump to: