Unpopular / Un-PC opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Got so many of these lol. Washing your hands to much and especially with the antibacterial soap will eventually make you sicker and starting to create super germs that are morphing into stronger strains and less harder to kill with antibiotics. Dirt is great for you lol
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I hate the "Happy Birthday" song and I refuse to sing it.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

I saw a tweet that said, "everyone hates singing Happy Birthday and everyone hates being sang Happy Birthday so what the hell are we doing?"
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ocho wrote:

I saw a tweet that said, "everyone hates singing Happy Birthday and everyone hates being sang Happy Birthday so what the hell are we doing?"

"It's your big day! To honor you we'd like you to stand there awkwardly for about a minute while a group of us drops to a low, robotic tone to recite this old ditty that sounds more like creepy chanting than singing."
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

IPA beers are just nasty. Give me a Scottish Red, Nut Brown or Stout.

And here's the kicker: I like sours.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
IPA beers are just nasty. Give me a Scottish Red, Nut Brown or Stout.

And here's the kicker: I like sours.

IPA back lash is popular now though.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject:

Since we're on the subject...beer sucks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject:

And so does wine.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
And so does wine.

Next you'll tell us coffee is overrated...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
And so does wine.

Next you'll tell us coffee is overrated...

OMG I actually hate coffee too. No joke! I love chocolate, but not coffee.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject:

If you fall for what Trump's selling. It's a testament to a lack of development. Maybe it's social. Maybe it's educational.

It's an unpopular/controversial opinion, but I mean no ill will or condescension toward Trump voters. Trump is a con artist who can never admit when he's wrong (under any circumstance). Alot of very smart people have fallen for cons throughout history. He's just the 1st to con his way to the Oval Office.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
If you fall for what Trump's selling. It's a testament to a lack of development. Maybe it's social. Maybe it's educational.

It's an unpopular/controversial opinion, but I mean no ill will or condescension toward Trump voters. Trump is a con artist who can never admit when he's wrong (under any circumstance). Alot of very smart people have fallen for cons throughout history. He's just the 1st to con his way to the Oval Office.

If you honestly believe that bolded line, then I would reserve passing judgement on anyone. This is American politics at the highest level, every single person that runs for that office is in some way being dishonest about who they are and what they have accomplished in an attempt to persuade you and I to give them power (and subsequent wealth). I am not going to go into specific candidates because I do not want to make it partisan, but I will tell you that every single person that has held that office in my lifetime ran a high level 2 year con job on America to some degree to get there.

The only question is who is at fault, them (politicians) or us (voters)? The last time I looked we avoid flawed individuals for those offices as much as possible which is screaming we want the con job....we need the con job.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject:

It is NBA stars moral obligation (to country and game) to represent USA Basketball in international play. Yeah, I said it. I am not suggesting the 30+ guys should have to go do it, or even the guys that have already "served". Guys like Kawhi Leonard, Bradly Beal, Blake Griffin, and Damian Lillard should be headlining this team. I think if not injured, everyone that is asked should commit to at least one World Cup and one Olympics to ensure we protect our status in international basketball as unbeatable.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
It is NBA stars moral obligation (to country and game) to represent USA Basketball in international play. Yeah, I said it. I am not suggesting the 30+ guys should have to go do it, or even the guys that have already "served". Guys like Kawhi Leonard, Bradly Beal, Blake Griffin, and Damian Lillard should be headlining this team. I think if not injured, everyone that is asked should commit to at least one World Cup and one Olympics to ensure we protect our status in international basketball as unbeatable.

I can only speak for myself, but I have practically zero interest in this event. We took our E team. Just doesn't appeal to me. I hope we win, but I'm not expecting us to, and it won't feel like a blow to me if we don't.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but I have practically zero interest in this event. We took our E team. Just doesn't appeal to me. I hope we win, but I'm not expecting us to, and it won't feel like a blow to me if we don't.

I am not sure if it is 10 years or 30 years, but I do think the World Cup has a chance to explode at some point and take basketballs popularity around the globe to new levels. That said, until the players view it as important, the public will not value it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I'll go the opposite direction. I think we let ourselves get suckered by mindless nationalism into caring about pointless international competitions that provide no benefit to us, and then we expect athletes to "volunteer" to fulfill our mindless sense of national pride. Why should anyone care about international basketball events, even the Olympics? Is the United States diminished if we don't win the gold medal in basketball? Of course not. I can't blame players for skipping these garbage events.

If the international event is really important in the context of the sport -- such as track and field, swimming, and the like -- it's a different matter. The World Cup really means something in soccer (not so much for the Olympics). The Olympics mean nothing in golf (which has the Ryder Cup and the like) and tennis (Davis Cup). We probably wouldn't care that much about basketball in the Olympics if not for 1972. So what's the point of all of these expansive international tournaments? Making money for the corrupt people who run the IOOC, FIFA, FIBA, and the like.

We need to quit being such suckers about this stuff.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I actually agree. This is shocking.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I actually agree. This is shocking.

Most don't and I get it....and I am in no way suggesting it become anything more than a personal choice....but I think they should choose to do their part in continuing the USA's status in the sport and continue to grow the sport globally.

I think it is widely accepted at this point that the 1992 Dream Team did wonders for subsequently growing the sport around the globe, and opening up limitless revenue opportunities across the world for NBA stars. It is complicated and there is a lot of indirect trickle down, but I think it is beneficial to the NBA players and the ones that follow. Does Klay Thompson make millions selling shoes in China in 2019 if not for that 1992 team? Not sure...maybe it would not have been until 2030 before that market developed...maybe not. The growth of basketball in Africa and South America in recent decades is crazy...and at the same time only scratched the surface.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If you honestly believe that bolded line, then I would reserve passing judgement on anyone. This is American politics at the highest level, every single person that runs for that office is in some way being dishonest about who they are and what they have accomplished in an attempt to persuade you and I to give them power (and subsequent wealth). I am not going to go into specific candidates because I do not want to make it partisan, but I will tell you that every single person that has held that office in my lifetime ran a high level 2 year con job on America to some degree to get there.

The only question is who is at fault, them (politicians) or us (voters)? The last time I looked we avoid flawed individuals for those offices as much as possible which is screaming we want the con job....we need the con job.

If you convince poeple you should be the most powerful person in the world and you want to nuke hurricanes and think the national weather service is "fake news". You are a con artist beyond comparison. The fact that you are making that false equivalency is the con job in full effect.

He's beyond unqualified. Leagues beyond any of his predecessors. The fact that 35-40% of Americans support him/ minimize his flagrant idiocracy says just as much about our country as it says about him. He's the most successful con artist of our generation. Arguably the most successful con artist ever.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:33 am; edited 5 times in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Why should anyone care about international basketball events, even the Olympics?

I've always tried to understand the appeal of the Olympics and never got there. Nationalism is probably the best bet. Not sure how else to explain how every 4 years the masses become rabid fans of ultra fringe sports they couldn't care less about until the flags start waving.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If you convince poeple you should be the most powerful person in the world and you want to nuke hurricanes and think the national weather service is "fake news". You are a con artist beyond comparison. The fact that you are making that false equivalency is the con job in full effect.

He's beyond unqualified. Leagues beyond any of his predecessors. The fact that 35-40% of Americans support him/ minimize his flagrant idiocracy says just as much about our country as it says about him. He's the most successful con artist of our generation. Arguably the most successful con artist ever.

Right, because if we were just all as intelligent as you, we would not fall for this "con job". If he wins in 2020, it will be 100% because of people just like you that believe this and actually espouse it.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Right, because if we were just all as intelligent as you, we would not fall for this "con job". If he wins in 2020, it will be 100% because of people just like you that believe this and actually espouse it.

You don't think Trump is different than any other US president in regards to lying?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Why should anyone care about international basketball events, even the Olympics?

I've always tried to understand the appeal of the Olympics and never got there. Nationalism is probably the best bet. Not sure how else to explain how every 4 years the masses become rabid fans of ultra fringe sports they couldn't care less about until the flags start waving.

Well, being an irredeemable pig, I understand the appeal of women's curling. It think it's great that they have added all of those side events to the quadrennial women's curling tournament.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

Popular opinion: Hey guys, there's a political thread for this stuff.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Popular opinion: Hey guys, there's a political thread for this stuff.

lol, I thought this was, my bad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15
Jump to: