The Film Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Apr 2001
Posts: 7029

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Anything new good on netflix?


If you haven't seen them yet, I enjoyed "News of the World" and "The Dig".
_________________
“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19741

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Baron or anyone, have you seen Annihilation (2018) feat JJ Leigh and Natalie Portman? Weird flick, but an interesting concept. One of those movies that had me thinking while watching it, "I wonder why they never thought of this concept before". Seems to me they could've made a better movie out of it if it was a bigger-budget affair, but still.

Watched it twice, and it would've benefited from a Disney-level CGI budget, but I appreciate a digital effects heavy film that embraced color and light rather than bathing everything in sludgy hues.

The exposition/character development breaks inbetween the impressive set pieces were where the movie was weakest, which surprised me given Garland's background. The muted tone the film was going for didn't lend itself to the theatrics of other ensemble descent into hell genre movies like The Warriors or Aliens, but I thought the character beats were pretty perfunctory and performances a bit too robotic.

The CGI bear monster and ending sequence were very innovative and haunting, though, and elevated the film along with the themes it was attempting to explore. Overall I thought it was good, ambitious, and idiosyncratic, but fell short of potential greatness, which maybe colors my perception of it too much.


Unfortunately, it was reliant by its own nature on mucho CGI no matter how you slice it and CGI can look like garbage very easily. I would like to understand more about the ET force/entity that was responsible for "The Glimmer", but I guess the open-ended nature of the ending made it a better movie because it plays on the viewers' mind instead of giving them the answers. Portman kept knocking back the attitudes of the scientists at the end of the being being malevolent despite it creating chaos. I dunno. I chalked it up as a personal success in keeping this viewers' attention and making me wonder a time or two because I'm probably more cynical about CGI than you and I'm not a sci-fi fan by any stretch. Depends on the movie. I do like the Alien franchise, tho, no matter how Jason Voorheesy it is now. It needs to be killed off at this point. You're right re: the characters. A bland lot and I don't think they conveyed the idea that they were disintegrating mentally and physically while in The Glimmer, which was supposed to be one of the major themes in the book.

I saw it as an Alien-The Thing hybrid. Group on a trek to find out what is causing something bad/hostile somewhere. Aliens, plural 1986, had the same format. Paxton: "GAME OVER!...GAME OOOVER! WE'RE F'D!1..."
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29506

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

The Flight of the Eagle (1982) - Jan Troell's visual genius shines through at almost every moment without overshadowing the narrative of the doomed arctic exploration lead by Max Von Sydow.

ETA: search R*ref*ilmm.com for this essential movie.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk


Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29506

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:13 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

And I guess I wonder, does this pop cinema that says nothing to you about your adult life satisfy you?


Would you say the Lord of the Rings trilogy is pop cinema? Cause there are some quotes and themes in there that satisfied me as an adult.
Same goes for some Nolan blockbusters including the Batman films.

How old were you when you first saw the LOTR trilogy? Or when you read the books?

Damn Dark Knight was 13 years ago. LOTR 18 years ago. I wasn't an adult.

I think the only acceptable middle ground is for AT&T Time Warner to turn the DCEU over to Paul Verhoeven in order to crush the MCU in sheer awesome sexiness.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19741

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Modern blockbusters have been infantilizing since their inception (thank you, Lucas and Spielberg), but it seems like the Hollywood super hero genre has accelerated that process over the past decade or so.

I respect that Snyder has a more mature vision for the spandex clad ubermenschen that he wishes to express through his own stylized genre tropes, but at the end of the day CGI'd robot men and lasso women and spiky silver demons from wherever planet or dimension are stupid, stupid (bleep) - just dumb childish nonsense.

I think of how Taxi Driver in the very "difficult cinema" lauding 70s was only the 17th highest grossing film the year it was released while Joker (2019) made a billion dollars and earned the same number of Oscars and I'm blown away. I re-watched Taxi Driver last week and it still feels vital and dangerous and horrific and human whereas Joker feels like trite, safe, poseur nonsense.

And I guess I wonder, does this pop cinema that says nothing to you about your adult life satisfy you?


I love the naturalistic street scenes here and there. Marty would have much less license today to make the same movie. The grit and grime of the 70s, including the grubby aesthetic look of the film itself are excellent. You can see bubbles/grain and a shift in coloration that takes place right as Travis pulls up to do his assault -- I've read they did that on purpose to give all the blood a more orangey tint to it. All of that adds to the artistry. The NY cityscape and the porno theater scenes, the dialogue, and a very intimate grooming scene between Keitel and a young teen probably wouldn't fly now. The exploitative depictions of ethnic and black characters on the whole. Marty's description (as a character in the movie) of violent acts he wants to commit to his wife would be called out for sure. It's amazing that it's still often the first example most people cite when discussing the brilliance of 70s moviemaking considering how much of it would be picked apart sociologically today. I wonder what happened after Taxi Driver, etc, that studios were shying away from "grittier" faire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDgXeYlpbOE
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29506

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Go West (1925; Keaton) - if this is your worst film in a 12-year stretch, you're doing super great. Buster in a devil costume leotard riding a cow leading a herd of steer through 1920s downtown LA is what American movies are all about.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29506

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Modern blockbusters have been infantilizing since their inception (thank you, Lucas and Spielberg), but it seems like the Hollywood super hero genre has accelerated that process over the past decade or so.

I respect that Snyder has a more mature vision for the spandex clad ubermenschen that he wishes to express through his own stylized genre tropes, but at the end of the day CGI'd robot men and lasso women and spiky silver demons from wherever planet or dimension are stupid, stupid (bleep) - just dumb childish nonsense.

I think of how Taxi Driver in the very "difficult cinema" lauding 70s was only the 17th highest grossing film the year it was released while Joker (2019) made a billion dollars and earned the same number of Oscars and I'm blown away. I re-watched Taxi Driver last week and it still feels vital and dangerous and horrific and human whereas Joker feels like trite, safe, poseur nonsense.

And I guess I wonder, does this pop cinema that says nothing to you about your adult life satisfy you?


I love the naturalistic street scenes here and there. Marty would have much less license today to make the same movie. The grit and grime of the 70s, including the grubby aesthetic look of the film itself are excellent. You can see bubbles/grain and a shift in coloration that takes place right as Travis pulls up to do his assault -- I've read they did that on purpose to give all the blood a more orangey tint to it. All of that adds to the artistry. The NY cityscape and the porno theater scenes, the dialogue, and a very intimate grooming scene between Keitel and a young teen probably wouldn't fly now. The exploitative depictions of ethnic and black characters on the whole. Marty's description (as a character in the movie) of violent acts he wants to commit to his wife would be called out for sure. It's amazing that it's still often the first example most people cite when discussing the brilliance of 70s moviemaking considering how much of it would be picked apart sociologically today. I wonder what happened after Taxi Driver, etc, that studios were shying away from "grittier" faire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDgXeYlpbOE

I need to relisten to Scorsese's commentary track for the exact specifics, but they didn't use the film negative for the movie's conclusion because the studio pushed back against the violence - the desaturated version Scorsese gave them was the compromise because the studio wouldn't have greenlit the film's release otherwise.

Speaking of Travis Bickle's latent racism, the ending bloodbath was supposed to be De Niro's Travis killing all African American pimps according to Schrader's original script, but the producers pulled Schrader back from it. I think the movie benefits from making "Sport", Keitel's character, be white while Scrorsese plays a cuckold to a black man and Travis kills a black stickup man to push home the underlying racism of Bickle's vigilantism without hitting you in the face during the climactic shootout.

I bring up Taxi Driver because a neutered homage/knockoff with a superhero bent made a godless amount of money and Oscar nominations roughly 18 months ago. I thought Tarantino's Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood was controversial vis-a-vis race and gender in fascinating ways but it's rare enough to see good adult-oriented movies out of Hollywood let alone a challenging, provocative one - I love what James Gray was attempting with Ad Astra but his ambition wasn't about making its audience feel uncomfortable.

I also bring it up because I see grown ass adults attempting to eke out some adult meaning from Disney-fied/superhero-fied pop culture when caped spandex heroism has always been a lightheaded storytelling medium for kids, while Hollywood produces painfully inoffensive, slightly nostalgic, predominantly comic book based, pop culture fare to draw in the broadest audiences possible. More challenging adult fare is relegated to television and big studio filmmaking is neutered to appease our perpetual inner child who happens to conveniently not alienate Chinese domestic audiences. And so more than Taxi Driver, which was always a rare Hollywood beast, I wonder if we can ever have another Clueless or Gattaca on the big screen again without a Marvel or DC Comics tie-in.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19741

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Speaking of Travis Bickle's latent racism, the ending bloodbath was supposed to be De Niro's Travis killing all African American pimps according to Schrader's original script, but the producers pulled Schrader back from it. I think the movie benefits from making "Sport", Keitel's character, be white while Scrorsese plays a cuckold to a black man and Travis kills a black stickup man to push home the underlying racism of Bickle's vigilantism without hitting you in the face during the climactic shootout.

I bring up Taxi Driver because a neutered homage/knockoff with a superhero bent made a godless amount of money and Oscar nominations roughly 18 months ago. I thought Tarantino's Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood was controversial vis-a-vis race and gender in fascinating ways but it's rare enough to see good adult-oriented movies out of Hollywood let alone a challenging, provocative one - I love what James Gray was attempting with Ad Astra but his ambition wasn't about making its audience feel uncomfortable.

I also bring it up because I see grown ass adults attempting to eke out some adult meaning from Disney-fied/superhero-fied pop culture when caped spandex heroism has always been a lightheaded storytelling medium for kids, while Hollywood produces painfully inoffensive, slightly nostalgic, predominantly comic book based, pop culture fare to draw in the broadest audiences possible. More challenging adult fare is relegated to television and big studio filmmaking is neutered to appease our perpetual inner child who happens to conveniently not alienate Chinese domestic audiences. And so more than Taxi Driver, which was always a rare Hollywood beast, I wonder if we can ever have another Clueless or Gattaca on the big screen again without a Marvel or DC Comics tie-in.


Yer preaching to the choir re: Marvelization of movies, I hate all that stuff in general save for the Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman flicks. I agree w/ Marty that it's not cinema and I'm positive it's not holding a bunch of clever/timely commentaries on race, sex, self, society, etc etc.

True re: Keitel's character originally being meant for a black actor. I think the suggestion that Travis was racist towards blacks was more than subtle, tho. Most people got it. Also in the Easy Andy scene, he also offers Travis a Walther and his selling point is that it replaced the P38 and was given out to SS officers. Minor, but maybe not a coincidence. That's the gun he uses to kill the store robber.

Weird you brought up QT's "Once Upon A Time..." because I was just looking back in this thread yesterday to see if it was discussed. Watched a bit of it on telly yesterday. I've seen it numerous times already, tho. I remember a NYT editorial about that movie and a couple others that year of positively depicting eras where white men had even more power than they do now. The, "Don't cry in front of the Mexicans," line was the most obvious. And while Leo was floating in the pool practicing his lines, he effected a stereotypical Mexican accent. There was also a heavy class theme re: "mother bleepin hippehz!". They were depicted as predatory and animalistic on the whole despite what the Mansonites did. There was the Playboy Mansion scene -- a nod to when guys like Hef were captains of industry and role models for men. Not saying he isn't now, even in repose, but Playboy was a bigger thing in the day than it is now. A place where hot chics where the preferred female guest. I still think QT was much more subtle than he usually is.

I think what I love most about that movie are the driving scenes because they have the same chemical effect on my brain as Danny on his big wheel in The Shining, maybe. The music and pop culture and a million close ups of things like pulling beer tabs, mixing Kraft mac n cheese, and dog food plopping from cans. Restaurants and LA cities and names and streets and all that, lot of LA vibes which I appreciate. I liked that he even found or crafted an older style Taco Bell and an A-frame Der Weinerschnizel during the neon signs scene. That scene I thought was probably inspired by a similar one in Valley Girl. I love Marty's knack for that stuff already, so I appreciate when other directors pull it off to a very precise degree. "No Country" was good in that regard. QT is really a devotee of Scorsese's habits and he's about as good at re-creating sets for period pieces. Flawless for the most part tho he did live in LA in the 69-70s era.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 25653
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Was First Blood (the original Rambo movie) good back in the day?
I've never seen it. I just figure it would be a corny watch.
But I know its target demographic loves it.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55660
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Was First Blood (the original Rambo movie) good back in the day?
I've never seen it. I just figure it would be a corny watch.
But I know its target demographic loves it.

I liked it. If you like bass asses you'll like it too. Stalone is Stalone so don't look for good acting. The sequels are not as good so watch it first if you haven't already seen them.

I recommend The Marksman (2021) starring Liam Neeson. It's a feel good, action, movie. Not gonna post a spoiler. If you watch it let me know what you think about the ending.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17922

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Anything new good on netflix?


If you haven't seen them yet, I enjoyed "News of the World" and "The Dig".


Cool! I’ll check it out... there’s this jiu jitsu movie that I’m scared to check out, can’t take a white knight saving Asian culture theme right now, lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55660
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55660
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17922

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

Just saw Thor guy on netflix rescuing biggest Indian drug lord son from biggest Bangladesh drug lord army... non stop action, not bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88358
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.


Both the fact that you said this and the fact that you repeated it immediately after tell us that you might need a dementia test. Man, woman, person, never watch Pluto nash.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55660
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.


Both the fact that you said this and the fact that you repeated it immediately after tell us that you might need a dementia test. Man, woman, person, never watch Pluto nash.

Damn!! When is it going to bless me with forgetting you.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88358
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.


Both the fact that you said this and the fact that you repeated it immediately after tell us that you might need a dementia test. Man, woman, person, never watch Pluto nash.

Damn!! When is it going to bless me with forgetting you.


It sucks, right? Can’t remember your name, don’t know where you are, trying to read your cereal and eat your newspaper in peace, and the words “Omar, Omar, Omar” keep rattling around in the there.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55660
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.


Both the fact that you said this and the fact that you repeated it immediately after tell us that you might need a dementia test. Man, woman, person, never watch Pluto nash.

Damn!! When is it going to bless me with forgetting you.


It sucks, right? Can’t remember your name, don’t know where you are, trying to read your cereal and eat your newspaper in peace, and the words “Omar, Omar, Omar” keep rattling around in the there.


LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 25653
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.


Both the fact that you said this and the fact that you repeated it immediately after tell us that you might need a dementia test. Man, woman, person, never watch Pluto nash.


When Eddie started doing PG-13 movies. It was the beginning of the end.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55660
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I watched The Adventures of Pluto Nash last night. It's an old Eddie Murphy offering. A comedy drama. It's entertaining.


Both the fact that you said this and the fact that you repeated it immediately after tell us that you might need a dementia test. Man, woman, person, never watch Pluto nash.


When Eddie started doing PG-13 movies. It was the beginning of the end.


If this is the beginning of the end. I wonder what the end will look like?

Throughout the late 80s, 90s and 2000s, Eddie has consistently been one of the highest-paid actors in the world, routinely earning $20 million per movie. During his career to date, Eddie has easily earned over $300 million in salaries and backend royalties.

Wiki
His latest offering Coming 2 America was released by Prime Video on March 4, 2021, one day earlier than was announced. The film was initially scheduled to be theatrically released by Paramount Pictures on August 7, 2020, but was pushed back to December 18, 2020, before the COVID-19 pandemic began. On November 20, 2020, Amazon Studios acquired the distribution rights to the film for $125 million.[1] Following its release, Amazon claimed the film had the best opening weekend of any streaming film since March 2020.

I'm not sure but I think the 125 million was paid to Eddie Murphy.


Beverly Hills Cop 4 is in the works.

Eddie Murphy Says 'Beverly Hills Cop 4' Is Still In Development But Won't Do It “Until The Script Is Right”
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 25653
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Jo, Eddie gets paid. And he deserves it. I was never questioning the viability of his movies. He got backend points on some of those Shrek movies, he'll be getting fat checks till the day he dies.
I'm just saying I liked his earlier in his career, R-movie stuff more.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55660
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Jo, Eddie gets paid. And he deserves it. I was never questioning the viability of his movies. He got backend points on some of those Shrek movies, he'll be getting fat checks till the day he dies.
I'm just saying I liked his earlier in his career, R-movie stuff more.

If you mean stuff like 48 hours, Harlem Nights, Metro, I'm with you. He's gonna have to keep getting paid to support his 10 children. JK, he only has 3 in support age range.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4934

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I don’t know if it should be called a film but I thought Bad Trip had some funny moment. Tiffany Haddish is hilarious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 19900

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Finally watched Justice League...Loved it. Maybe even more than Infinity War.

Watched it in like 3 different sittings though. As I've grown older, I've become more reluctant to sit through very long movies (this being over 4 hours), would rather break them into "parts."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2951

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Finally watched Justice League...Loved it. Maybe even more than Infinity War.

Watched it in like 3 different sittings though. As I've grown older, I've become more reluctant to sit through very long movies (this being over 4 hours), would rather break them into "parts."


If you never saw the theatrical cut, you saw the best version of Justice League imo. The theatrical cut was borderline garbage with how much backstory they left out to the point where it hardly made any sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 103 of 106
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB