The Film Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52506
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Just watched Da 5 Bloods. It was simple complicated. It came together in the end. Storming Norman's wish came to fruition, the money went to the people. All for one and one for all. Paul's demons were unveiled. I wondered all through the showing, what the hell is wrong with him? Have to admit the end had me misting, I'm an ol softy. I enjoyed the movie.

It's a good movie!

Yeah. It was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. Some LG critiques weren't favorable.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 1408
Location: 92113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

I've Got Milk, with Tabitha Stevens
(yes, it's pr0n)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
also has anyone seen palm springs yet?

Hopefully next month. There's too much (bleep) to watch.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52506
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Watched Old Guard on Netlix. Good premise. Good acting. But the dialogue, soundtrack, and a shallow antagonist held it back.. Poor execution really made a movie that should of been great just mediocre. Maybe they'll do a better job if a sequel is greenlit.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get that I watched it at all. It's an expensive tv pilot for an adult oriented CW show.

That's a fair description. Can you think of any action movies you enjoy?

Quite a few!

We could just start with some train/subway movies like The Train, The Taking of Pelham 123, Runaway Train, Unstoppable, and The Commuter.

More?


Heist movies, go.

Action packed heist movies are a little harder to come by. But a quick list of heist movie favorites:

Bob le Flambeur
The Killing
The Lavender Hill Mob
Rafifi
Bonnie and Clyde
The Getaway
Le Circle Rouge
The Friends of Eddie Coyle
Dog Day Afternoon
Thief
Die Hard
Point Break
Sneakers
Heat
Bottle Rocket
Dead Presidents
Hana-bi
Out of Sight
Ronin
Sexy Beast

I'm trying to think of a great, non-Oceans 11 heist movie since 2000 and I'm struggling. Public Enemies? Inside Man?


Heist (the Hackman/Mamet film), The Score

Den of Thieves, Gerard Butler, Fiddy Cent


That one is actually pretty good in the times that Butler is not on the screen.


Add 21 Bridges to the list of heist movies. J K Simmons is a versatile actor. He's not just a J Jonah Jameson. He wasn't the focus but his character turned out to be a surprise.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Den of Thieves I'm good with as a competent Michael Mann rip-off (and Mann lifted heavily from Melville before him, anyway), but watching and liking 21 Bridges is a bridge too far.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Just watched Da 5 Bloods. It was simple complicated. It came together in the end. Storming Norman's wish came to fruition, the money went to the people. All for one and one for all. Paul's demons were unveiled. I wondered all through the showing, what the hell is wrong with him? Have to admit the end had me misting, I'm an ol softy. I enjoyed the movie.

It's a good movie!

Yeah. It was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. Some LG critiques weren't favorable.

You talked about being emotional at the end and I think Spike films hugs in a fascinating way. Hugs/embraces are special moments in Spije Lee's movies and he films them in a unique way (multiple cuts, breaking the 180° rule, etc.) to emphasize when hugs really matter and why they matter. It's not subtle because Lee isn't subtle, but it's still powerful, beautiful, and moving when Chadwick Boseman's character and Delroy Lindo's character embrace in the jungle.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52506
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Den of Thieves I'm good with as a competent Michael Mann rip-off (and Mann lifted heavily from Melville before him, anyway), but watching and liking 21 Bridges is a bridge too far.

Different strokes.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject:

The Assistant (2020) and Luce (2019) are streaming on Hulu.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

The Tenet release is now delayed indefinitely. British people are even angrier at Americans.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 8702
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Godard's Film Socialisme (2010), Goodbye to Language (2014), and The Image Book (2018): https://youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc

All leaving Criterion Channel at the end of July. Calm down, calm down, don't everybody rush out all at once.


Far more than just that. A woman is a woman, made in usa, contempt -- all being pulled. It's like they put up the Godard collection a few months ago and it's already gone. That's my one issue with CC streaming, it seems like nothing lasts on the platform. Well, that and the UX is abysmal.


I definitely share some of your frustrations, but CC ultimately has a finite product and will have to recycle content year to year like they did with the (excellent) Columbia Noir series. Some of those Buñuel and Godard movies are good bets to cycle back at some point in the next 12 months, especially films already in the Collection like Contempt.

I don't have as much of an issue with their UX vis-a-vis other streaming services outside of the craptacular search function, but that's more a condemnation of the UI of every major streaming platform than praise for CC's. Letterboxd has its own issues, but my kingdom for the ability to look up movies by decade and country on every streaming service.


True, no doubt Godard will be back. As to CC's search. . . do you ever use the browser version? The "all films" tab allows you to filter by genre, decade, countries, and director. I tend to use that before firing up the (awful) TV version of their app. Or I just pop in here and see what your going on about and check that out if it seems interesting


Thank you very much for that rec. There are so many random odds and ends on the CC platform that don't fit into any of their curated categories.

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (1970) by Petrie and Frankenheimer's Seconds (1966) have stood out to me in recent weeks and are leaving Criterion on 7/31.


Of course, happy to help.

Appreciate the recommendations. Recently I caught Mikey and Nicky by Elaine May, starring Peter Falk and John Cassavetes, and Gloria by Cassavetes. Honestly felt like a nice double feature, with the heavier Mikey and Nicky up front, and Gloria coming in second to clean up the feels. Fun, gritty character studies, typical of the time and the director. For fans of the brothers Safdie, it's an interesting peek into a director that they are clearly trying to ape (with great success, I might add).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
golden armor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 822

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon - You mentioned that the "TV version" of the Criterion Channel app was awful. Can you and others explain? I currently have a trial of Mubi and their app on Roku as well as on Android TV is unwatchable due to streaming problems. I refuse to watch films on my 24 inch computer screen let alone a phone. I was thinking of signing up for Criterion when my Mubi free trial ends, but, if they have the same issues, I'm not sure if it would be worthwhile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 8702
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

golden armor wrote:
Cutheon - You mentioned that the "TV version" of the Criterion Channel app was awful. Can you and others explain? I currently have a trial of Mubi and their app on Roku as well as on Android TV is unwatchable due to streaming problems. I refuse to watch films on my 24 inch computer screen let alone a phone. I was thinking of signing up for Criterion when my Mubi free trial ends, but, if they have the same issues, I'm not sure if it would be worthwhile.


The interface and search functionality on the TV app aren't very user friendly. Never encountered any streaming issues, no choppy playback, etc. Easy rewind/fast forward system.

Elaborating . . . as to the interface, there are only limited options - search, explore (main page with various recommended flicks/collections), library (your list, basically), and settings. In your library is your history/continue watching - I wish that was on the main page, as opposed to buried.

The search function on the TV isn't that great - if you don't already know what you are looking for, it can be tough to find. Unlike Netflix, it won't recommend to you genres, directors, etc. With that said, if you use the browser version, the search bar allows you to filter by director, genre, country, and decade. So I would recommend using that in tandem with the app.

Given your post, I surmise your issue is with playback, audio/video quality, etc. I personally haven't had a problem. If your internet connection is strong, you shouldn't have one either. As for the problems I did have (clunky app/design/search), like I said, using the browser clears most of that up. If you are only concerned with audio/video quality, you shouldn't have a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
golden armor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 822

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Cutheon. I can live with some interface problems so long as my movie streams in HD with no interruptions. I wish I could say the same about Mubi. It's got an incredible selection and now its extensive Library is available on the Android TV app. However, more than half of the movies I tried to watch on my Roku or Android TV had serious streaming issues. Just to test it out, I watched the latest Luca Guadagnino short film (not really one of his essential works) on the desktop app. While the movie did play without stopping even there it would switch from HD to SD constantly. My internet speed is fast and I have had no issues with all my other streaming apps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 9453
Location: LA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Assistant (2020) and Luce (2019) are streaming on Hulu.


Both are extremely relevant in today’s world. And solid performances by both leads. The only thing that threw me off with Luce is that the parents are the same from Funny People so I kept thinking of that movie throughout lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137374
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I got my Brad Pitt on over the weekend and watched Legends of the Fall and A River Runs Through It. Though Pitt is listed as the star, the real star of those movies was Montana.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86695
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I got my Brad Pitt on over the weekend and watched Legends of the Fall and A River Runs Through It. Though Pitt is listed as the star, the real star of those movies was Montana.


And Wyoming in the case of the latter. Legends was filmed almost entirely in Alberta and British Columbia.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Godard's Film Socialisme (2010), Goodbye to Language (2014), and The Image Book (2018): https://youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc

All leaving Criterion Channel at the end of July. Calm down, calm down, don't everybody rush out all at once.


Far more than just that. A woman is a woman, made in usa, contempt -- all being pulled. It's like they put up the Godard collection a few months ago and it's already gone. That's my one issue with CC streaming, it seems like nothing lasts on the platform. Well, that and the UX is abysmal.


I definitely share some of your frustrations, but CC ultimately has a finite product and will have to recycle content year to year like they did with the (excellent) Columbia Noir series. Some of those Buñuel and Godard movies are good bets to cycle back at some point in the next 12 months, especially films already in the Collection like Contempt.

I don't have as much of an issue with their UX vis-a-vis other streaming services outside of the craptacular search function, but that's more a condemnation of the UI of every major streaming platform than praise for CC's. Letterboxd has its own issues, but my kingdom for the ability to look up movies by decade and country on every streaming service.


True, no doubt Godard will be back. As to CC's search. . . do you ever use the browser version? The "all films" tab allows you to filter by genre, decade, countries, and director. I tend to use that before firing up the (awful) TV version of their app. Or I just pop in here and see what your going on about and check that out if it seems interesting


Thank you very much for that rec. There are so many random odds and ends on the CC platform that don't fit into any of their curated categories.

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (1970) by Petrie and Frankenheimer's Seconds (1966) have stood out to me in recent weeks and are leaving Criterion on 7/31.


Of course, happy to help.

Appreciate the recommendations. Recently I caught Mikey and Nicky by Elaine May, starring Peter Falk and John Cassavetes, and Gloria by Cassavetes. Honestly felt like a nice double feature, with the heavier Mikey and Nicky up front, and Gloria coming in second to clean up the feels. Fun, gritty character studies, typical of the time and the director. For fans of the brothers Safdie, it's an interesting peek into a director that they are clearly trying to ape (with great success, I might add).

Mikey and Nicky is one of my favorite films and boy does Elaine May's black comedy make me squirm watching it as a dude. The "girlfriend" apartment scene makes my blood run cold just thinking about it.

I own Cassavetes' wonderful Gloria and you've reminded me that I want to do a movie night pairing that film with Sidney Lumet's 1990s remake/homage with Sharon Stone.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
golden armor wrote:
Cutheon - You mentioned that the "TV version" of the Criterion Channel app was awful. Can you and others explain? I currently have a trial of Mubi and their app on Roku as well as on Android TV is unwatchable due to streaming problems. I refuse to watch films on my 24 inch computer screen let alone a phone. I was thinking of signing up for Criterion when my Mubi free trial ends, but, if they have the same issues, I'm not sure if it would be worthwhile.


The interface and search functionality on the TV app aren't very user friendly. Never encountered any streaming issues, no choppy playback, etc. Easy rewind/fast forward system.

Elaborating . . . as to the interface, there are only limited options - search, explore (main page with various recommended flicks/collections), library (your list, basically), and settings. In your library is your history/continue watching - I wish that was on the main page, as opposed to buried.

The search function on the TV isn't that great - if you don't already know what you are looking for, it can be tough to find. Unlike Netflix, it won't recommend to you genres, directors, etc. With that said, if you use the browser version, the search bar allows you to filter by director, genre, country, and decade. So I would recommend using that in tandem with the app.

Given your post, I surmise your issue is with playback, audio/video quality, etc. I personally haven't had a problem. If your internet connection is strong, you shouldn't have one either. As for the problems I did have (clunky app/design/search), like I said, using the browser clears most of that up. If you are only concerned with audio/video quality, you shouldn't have a problem.

A well-timed article about streaming service interfaces from Alan Sepinwall: Rolling Stone

There are some good points made, but it's very centric to tv streamers (which makes sense given that Sepinwall is a tv critic, but still...)
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

To kikanga's earlier question about action movies vis-a-vis The Old Guard, the Charlize Theron produced Atomic Blonde (2017) is the much better movie because it doesn't really give a crap about its spy vs. spy plot twists and just wants to show us Theron kicking ass and the bruises, cuts, and broken bones she accrues in the process. That movie's extended climactic close quarters fight sequence is an impressively executed piece of action filmmaking that manages to be fun, painful, exhilarating, and exhausting.

The rest of Atomic Blonde can't live up to that action set piece, but it almost makes the movie.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 9546
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
To kikanga's earlier question about action movies vis-a-vis The Old Guard, the Charlize Theron produced Atomic Blonde (2017) is the much better movie because it doesn't really give a crap about its spy vs. spy plot twists and just wants to show us Theron kicking ass and the bruises, cuts, and broken bones she accrues in the process. That movie's extended climactic close quarters fight sequence is an impressively executed piece of action filmmaking that manages to be fun, painful, exhilarating, and exhausting.

The rest of Atomic Blonde can't live up to that action set piece, but it almost makes the movie.


Atomic Blonde was a good time. Its recreation of late 80s East Berlin really adds to the immersion. The plot is kind of fantastical though; the CIA outwitting both the Stasi AND MI6.. C'mon. But it's all part of the fun; following the main character around as she wreaks havoc on Stasi goons is quite rewarding, in a popcorn sort of way. The scene where Charlize is raising hell to the (literal) tune of George Michael is great pop art. That's the type of atmosphere and aesthetic female-led Marvel movies ought to shoot for, imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
To kikanga's earlier question about action movies vis-a-vis The Old Guard, the Charlize Theron produced Atomic Blonde (2017) is the much better movie because it doesn't really give a crap about its spy vs. spy plot twists and just wants to show us Theron kicking ass and the bruises, cuts, and broken bones she accrues in the process. That movie's extended climactic close quarters fight sequence is an impressively executed piece of action filmmaking that manages to be fun, painful, exhilarating, and exhausting.

The rest of Atomic Blonde can't live up to that action set piece, but it almost makes the movie.


Atomic Blonde was a good time. Its recreation of late 80s East Berlin really adds to the immersion. The plot is kind of fantastical though; the CIA outwitting both the Stasi AND MI6.. C'mon. But it's all part of the fun; following the main character around as she wreaks havoc on Stasi goons is quite rewarding, in a popcorn sort of way. The scene where Charlize is raising hell to the (literal) tune of George Michael is great pop art. That's the type of atmosphere and aesthetic female-led Marvel movies ought to shoot for, imo.

Agreed, and honestly if the MCU took more from a movie like Atomic Blonde it would be better off for it.

As an aside, I think every fictional movie ever made (and many non-fiction films, as well) are fundamentally fantastical because human experience can never be recreated faithfully on screen - certainly not at 24 fps - and I don't know that pure verisimilitude should be the goal of the medium even if some are pushing for such. I'm thinking of Ang Lee experimenting with 120 fps in Billy Lynn and Gemini Man. I think his technical experimentation is more meaningful long-term than Cameron's was with 3-D, but I do fundamentally think the movie screen should be a transportation to a distorted alt-reality rather than a pane of glass.

But maybe I'm wrong as I often am. Maybe the fantastical pane of glass style filmmaking is the true next step in the cinematic arts.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

A new short film from Jonathan Glazer, Strasbourg 1518 is free to stream: Link

And here's a good piece from Variety critic Jessica Kiang providing context for the film while tying it into Glazer's work from music videos to Under the Skin: Variety
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52506
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if this has been offered. I watched The Shawshank Redemption again tonight. Takes a solid film for me to sit through it without getting bored. The movie was great. I believe Morgan Freeman won the Academy Award for best actor.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26981

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't know if this has been offered. I watched The Shawshank Redemption again tonight. Takes a solid film for me to sit through it without getting bored. The movie was great. I believe Morgan Freeman won the Academy Award for best actor.

It's one of my kryptonite movies. If it pops up on cable, no matter where it is in the movie, I can't help but sit down and finish it. Same with The Fugitive.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 8702
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't know if this has been offered. I watched The Shawshank Redemption again tonight. Takes a solid film for me to sit through it without getting bored. The movie was great. I believe Morgan Freeman won the Academy Award for best actor.

It's one of my kryptonite movies. If it pops up on cable, no matter where it is in the movie, I can't help but sit down and finish it. Same with The Fugitive.


Con Air
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 80 of 81
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB