***Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns (11/17/17)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
lakerfan2012 wrote:
I still feel Ingram needed more touches in the second half. He always dominates early and then for some reason only gets sporadic touches in the second half which throws off his rhythm

This. Also he should trust his mid-range jumper if it's there.

That is the problem, its rarely there. When its there it opens up the game for him.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
12 wrote:
Talent only gets you so far... We have talent.. there's no doubt. We need a freaking offense.

we don't have talent. we have dumb players like KCP or players who are just as bad on defense like lopez

I'm not arguing that.

But we do have talent, that's why we're in every game. We're not getting blown out. Thats talent doing its work. But we seriously need an offense. Not having one is killing us with turnovers.

Let’s bring back mike d Antonio lol? Lakers fans all experts...

Was never a fan of Mike D'Antoni. You're barking up the wrong tree.
I'm a fan of Luke. I want to see him succeed. I just think he needs to hire a shooting coach and someone who REALLY knows his x's and o's. There are several brilliant minds out there. Find one who can help.

Yaa too many bright mind .... like the fans on this forum lol
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to see why KCP didn't get that big multi year contract he was looking for.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
12 wrote:
Look at Brad Stevens... that dude got those guys playing ridiculous.. They're not more talented than the Lakers.. They just have a ridiculous offense.

at bolded.

Other than Kyrie.. That team isnt more talented. They're playing in a good offense. That's why it worked last year too. That guy is a system implementer like Pop.

Horford>Lopez & Randle
Morris = Kuzma
Tatum = Ingram (but Tatum has a better shot)
Kyrie is the best backcourt player and by far the best on both squads so that tips the scales.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
Luke's out of excuses, and I'm all out of patience for him.

If his coaching IQ is so terrible he's essentially learning on the job, then here isn't the place to do it, because it's just a waste of all the young talent we have's time while he consistently holds them back with his incompetence.

Didn't get to see much of this game live, was following espn game cast and occasional live...what did our coach screw up this game? More of his rigid auto subbing?

Nah, what killed us was stupid decision making and unforced turnovers and unforced errors. We killed ourselves with stupid ass shots.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

VujacicForThree wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
zo w that 6-6-6 line plus 5 steals and a block.

Champloo was amazing.

He could have had 10 points, he missed a couple of easy ones.

Lonzo would be one of the top candidates for ROY if he made just a couple more shots per game. Hope he gets over this slump.

Nice to see another Samurai Champloo fan on board
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good: We have a star in the making in Kuzma. Can’t believe how good he is, he has a tremendous feel for the game. He will be so tough to defend with a year or two under his belt. STUD.

Bad: The defense was extra bad tonight. This is the type of game where you notice certain guys won’t be here when the lakers are relevant again.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tnell wrote:
I'm starting to see why KCP didn't get that big multi year contract he was looking for.

He's going to regret not taking that 5 yr/80 million dollar deal. Unless his agent makes him a contingency for signing Lebron.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

diando wrote:
12 wrote:
12 wrote:
Look at Brad Stevens... that dude got those guys playing ridiculous.. They're not more talented than the Lakers.. They just have a ridiculous offense.

at bolded.

Other than Kyrie.. That team isnt more talented. They're playing in a good offense. That's why it worked last year too. That guy is a system implementer like Pop.

Horford>Lopez & Randle
Morris = Kuzma
Tatum = Ingram (but Tatum has a better shot)
Kyrie is the best backcourt player and by far the best on both squads so that tips the scales.

They are in the east smarty’s
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
12 wrote:
Talent only gets you so far... We have talent.. there's no doubt. We need a freaking offense.

we don't have talent. we have dumb players like KCP or players who are just as bad on defense like lopez

I'm not arguing that.

But we do have talent, that's why we're in every game. We're not getting blown out. Thats talent doing its work. But we seriously need an offense. Not having one is killing us with turnovers.

Well, to be fair we miss open 3's, miss free throws and just simply throw the ball away repeatedly out of the context of the offense. I'm not really sure Luke has much control over any of those things. Lopez is supposed to be a good 3 point shooter, bricks open 3's....that's not a coaching thing, that's a player underperforming.

I'm shocked we have 6 wins based on how we shoot. Our defense and general effort is greatly improved, that's due to Luke and our personnel changes. Dude can't hit the shots for these guys...it's not coaching, it's poor performance.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

12 wrote:
12 wrote:

at bolded.

Horford ain't no slouch either...

But I agree that Stevens has that team playing better than the sum of their parts.
GrowrPrstne_MatthewMalone
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

calistrtballr wrote:
why is zubac not even playing?

zubac was sent down when they called bryant up ,, bryant had a 30pt game then a 22pt game in the g league and they called him up soon after
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
12 wrote:

I'm not arguing that.

I'm a fan of Luke. I want to see him succeed. I just think he needs to hire a shooting coach and someone who REALLY knows his x's and o's. There are several brilliant minds out there. Find one who can help.

Okay, so we'll all just be pessimists. Good plan.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

GrowrPrstne_MatthewMalone wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
why is zubac not even playing?

zubac was sent down when they called bryant up ,, bryant had a 30pt game then a 22pt game in the g league and they called him up soon after

Anyone ask why zubac not playing, he is clueless.....
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Relax everybody, yes, we were definitely supposed to beat the crappy Suns, but this is still just an audition year.

We have a nice young nucleus to build around including a surprise in Kyle Kuzma who has turned out to be our best prospect.

Enjoy watching these kids play. We will get an FA or two next season and be back in the playoffs.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Dumb Luke wore them out in shootaround. He created his own back to back condition.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
12 wrote:

I'm not arguing that.

The comments on this forum hasn’t changed in 5 years . Piss and mon about coach’s and trade ideas . It get old
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
tnell wrote:

He's going to regret not taking that 5 yr/80 million dollar deal. Unless his agent makes him a contingency for signing Lebron.

He got $18 mil from Lakers this yr. He only needs 4 yrs $62 mil to match the 5 yr $80 mil he turned down.

You don't think he can get 4 yrs $62 mil next yr somewhere?
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Relax everybody, yes, we were definitely supposed to beat the crappy Suns, but this is still just an audition year.

We have a nice young nucleus to build around including a surprise in Kyle Kuzma who has turned out to be our best prospect.

Enjoy watching these kids play. We will get an FA or two next season and be back in the playoffs.

Well said my friend.....
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
12 wrote:

I'm not arguing that.

The comments on this forum hasn’t changed in 5 years . Piss and mon about coach’s and trade ideas . It get old

Well, it's an online forum. You're not gonna find NBA minds in here. If you're looking for brilliant analysis of the game, I wouldnt suggest an online forum.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

Lonzo was fine tonight

Not enough 2H touches for Ingram

KCP was AWFUL tonight. Drove me nuts.

Kuzma is insane
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

If ingram didnt get in early foul trouble. Dude was ballin before that. In addition he was flustered after those arrays of nocalls in the 3rd quarter. He shouldve just kept playing instead he let those get in his head.

If kcp didnt touch the ball on those fastbreaks. He shot a 3 on a 2 for 1 wth
If brewer didnt shoot that 3 just as we were getting back in the game.

If lopez made a few more open threes. Those were there all night long.

If lonzo made that UNCONTESTED transition layup just as we were catching up. To me that was it. Think we were down 8 couldve been 6 unfortunately suns hit a 3 after that miss.

Lastly if kuzma made that technical foul ft 3 mins left.

Cant decide who i hate the most between kcp, brolo, jc and jr when he’s playing bully ball. Those 4 guys need to go.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
12 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
12 wrote:

I'm not arguing that.

Well, it's an online forum. You're not gonna find NBA minds in here. If you're looking for brilliant analysis of the game, I wouldnt suggest an online forum.

So it’s like fake news......
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

JAN24/2/14 wrote:
If ingram didnt get in early foul trouble. Dude was ballin before that. In addition he was flustered after those arrays of nocalls in the 3rd quarter. He shouldve just kept playing instead he let those get in his head.

If lonzo made that UNCONTESTED transition layup just as we were catching up. To me that was it. Think we were down 8 couldve been 6 unfortunately suns hit a 3 after that miss.

Cant decide who i hate the most between kcp, brolo, jc and jr when he’s playing bully ball. Those 4 guys need to go.

Pretty damn accurate.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

JAN24/2/14 wrote:

Good job you are the craziest guy on this forum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40
Jump to: