2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

If we sent Dave Roberts back in time and he was the manager of the 88 team, we'd be reminiscing about the 81 Dodgers...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I heard the Sox fans there cheering, "Yankees suck! Yankees suck!" lol
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If we sent Dave Roberts back in time and he was the manager of the 88 team, we'd be reminiscing about the 81 Dodgers...

Hed bring back grandal and kike with him and have them pinch hit instead of gibson
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Now you know what it's feels like when the Lakers are on the road and Laker fans take over the opposing arena.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Honestly LA fans. If it comes down to Rams/Patriots, you might get us back there and the Rams look so good now, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the Superbowl.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

So, excuse my baseball ignorance but the Dodgers go to the World Series back to back years and lose at home both times. That sucks for them.

If you were the owner, what changes would you make? They couldn't hit or pitch well for the series. Seems like the Red Sox could do both well.

I felt the Dodger hitters were spotty at best.

If you could make some moves, what would you do?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Did Byron get fired after his two finals losses?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
So, excuse my baseball ignorance but the Dodgers go to the World Series back to back years and lose at home both times. That sucks for them.

If you were the owner, what changes would you make? They couldn't hit or pitch well for the series. Seems like the Red Sox could do both well.

Fire Dave Roberts. Hope Kershaw opts out and let him walk, then use that money to sign Bryce Harper and Familia for the bullpen. Re-sign Machado and move one of him or Seager to second. Trade position player depth for a #2 behind Buehler or sign Corbin if the price is right.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Well, I would trade for a legit closer...
Then I would trade for a legit starting pitcher. Face it Kershaw is not the ace anymore and he is probably just average now with a tendency to choke in big moments.
I would reshape the team where our offense isn't centered on home runs but on guys who can hit....We need scrappers in the World Series. What the Red Sox did is nothing new, its the same game plan that most world series champs adhere to.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Was thinking about the time when the Dodgers faced the Yankees in 77-78, lost to them both times. Can't imagine the fallout had there been social media. In 81, Dodgers fell behind 2-0 to Yanks before coming back home to win 3 and winning it all in NY.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Pierce Boston MVP in 2008. Pearce Boston MVP in 2018.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Did Byron get fired after his two finals losses?

Well, he was eventually fired in the middle of the following season for having a lackluster 22-20 record.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I saw an LA fan say that Dave Roberts might accidently run out with the Red Sox team when they won,

He left in Kershaw this game and you blast him but he took Hill out too early yesterday and you also hate that too? Hmm
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Pierce Boston MVP in 2008. Pearce Boston MVP in 2018.

Not a big surprise....won games 4 and 5 with his HRs.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure why people are blaming Roberts. The Red Sox are just a vastly superior team. They're like the Warriors of the MLB.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
I'm not sure why people are blaming Roberts. The Red Sox are just a vastly superior team. They're like the Warriors of the MLB.

Because they were such a better team we had less room for error. This is why managerial mistakes resulted in games being blown wide open.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Fire Dave Roberts. Hope Kershaw opts out and let him walk, then use that money to sign Bryce Harper and Familia for the bullpen. Re-sign Machado and move one of him or Seager to second. Trade position player depth for a #2 behind Buehler or sign Corbin if the price is right.

Yes, very possible... maybe 0.00002%
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
I saw an LA fan say that Dave Roberts might accidently run out with the Red Sox team when they won,

He left in Kershaw this game and you blast him but he took Hill out too early yesterday and you also hate that too? Hmm

One guy was throwing a 1 hitter and the other guy has a 7.36 era in this World Series.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't even really hurt tonight because all of my energy towards that was spent after last night's game. It was like I was prepared for it tonight. I will just leave my last post in this thread (with the next one to come in the '19 edition) with this: Dave Roberts took out Rich Hill in the 7th inning of Game 4 after he had allowed a leadoff walk and then struck out the next batter, in a spot where he had allowed 1 hit all game and no runs. Tonight, Clayton Kershaw allowed a leadoff HR and then a base hit to begin the 7th, had given up a few hits and homers and 4 runs up to that point, but, oh yeah, he's good enough to be left in to get through that inning. That was the 2018 LA Dodgers. No logic from the manager, flailing away and striking out, leaving me on 3rd with less than 2 outs, and following some flawed interpretation of analytics that tell you to bat Kike Hernandez third in your lineup just because a lefty is on the mound.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

One guy was throwing a 1 hitter and the other guy has a 7.36 era in this World Series.

Kershaw is a multiple Cy Young winner and your ace pitcher like Sale is for us. Hill is this old horse at 38 years old and said to Roberts to "look out for him" because he knew he didn't have much left. Joe Buck even mentioned it on TV that Hill was ready to come out and gave Roberts the ball right away when he came to the mound. You have the national MLB commentators defending Roberts and the president who probably barely watches baseball commenting on something he knows little about.

Beat LA
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Kershaw is a multiple Cy Young winner and your ace pitcher like Sale is for us. Hill is this old horse at 38 years old and said to Roberts to "look out for him" because he knew he didn't have much left. Joe Buck even mentioned it on TV that Hill was ready to come out and gave Roberts the ball right away when he came to the mound. You have the national MLB commentators defending Roberts and the president who probably barely watches baseball commenting on something he knows little about.

Beat LA

well i think most MLB fans were not against pulling Hill, it was more with who he had relieve him.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Beat LA

well i think most MLB fans were not against pulling Hill, it was more with who he had relieve him.

Exactly — he put in shaky relievers and they got torched
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Beat LA

That's not what their conclusion was you don't have to lie. Hill told Verducci that he wasn't tired and could keep pitching but he gave Roberts the ball because he had never ever come to the mound and not pulled him.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

All i can say is Roberts better not having a job by November.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Beat LA

I’m not sure I believe that Hill was done. He had a long break in the 6th when the Dodgers scored 4 runs (Hill didn’t even have to bat that inning). He looked great against the last hitter he faced. And his team had played 6 games in a row without him starting a game (he only pitched an inning in relief). He hadn’t started a game since game 4 of the NLCS.

But I guess we’ll never know for sure because of how quickly he was pulled. Anyone could see that Kershaw was losing it because he wasn’t pulled quickly at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 333 of 334
Jump to: