***Los Angeles Lakers @ Utah Jazz Game Thread (10/28/17; 6PM PST)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
Lonzo not looking like a 2nd rd pick. Kuz outplaying him.

It was a mistake for Lonzo and the coaching staff not to have tweaked his shot last summer. Kuz needs to be in the starting lineup.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

wow yall have to give lonzo slack. PG is the toughest position and he just a week or 2 into the season. he is doing fine. i see progress. actually his defense isn't as bad as i thought and he's good at denying the ball and steals...his shot will do. he hit more 3's tonight than most lakers. as time goes on he'll be more consistent.

Last edited by autoprt on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I think we'll benefit from a coaching change. Look at the suns. Those guys are competing now.

As long as it's the right coach though.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

LakerLand247 wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Lonzo not looking like a 2nd rd pick. Kuz outplaying him.

It was a mistake for Lonzo and the coaching staff not to have tweaked his shot last summer. Kuz needs to be in the starting lineup.

Basically a Rondo.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

3peat_pete wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
autoprt wrote:
are there any possible easy wins soon?

Brooklyn at home.

I know you've been watching BKN games based on your posts in the Russell thread. You should know better that we'll have a hard time against those guys. Demare + RHJ are defensive beasts and Russell, as much as I dislike him, will probably roast us.

I wouldn't be surprised at a loss, but a young, under-talented Eastern Conference team on a long road trip is ripe for a couple stinker games. Hopefully they have a letdown against the Lakers with DLo playing tight.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

3peat_pete wrote:
autoprt wrote:
luke was like COY when he took over for Kerr on the Warriors. But that was the Warriors..

I'll probably win COY just sitting there on the bench watching Klay, Steph and Dray ball out each night.

The Walton hiring looks so stupid now.

Even Mike Brown is Red Auerbach-esque when coaching the Warriors.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo isn't being given a chance to succeed. Nobody he plays with in the starting lineup have shown they can consistently hit open shots. KCP missing those wide open threes were back breakers in the first quarter.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
autoprt wrote:

Brooklyn at home.

I know you've been watching BKN games based on your posts in the Russell thread. You should know better that we'll have a hard time against those guys. Demare + RHJ are defensive beasts and Russell, as much as I dislike him, will probably roast us.

I wouldn't be surprised at a loss, but a young, under-talented Eastern Conference team on a long road trip is ripe for a couple stinker games. Hopefully they have a letdown against the Lakers with DLo playing tight.

it will be interesting to see if the Nets team rallies around DLo...and are all up wanting to win it for him? That will tell you a lot about how he is viewed in the locker room.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

Luke saying our issues on offense are mostly because we're not playing fast enough. Even though we lead the league in turnovers and most of those come from us trying to force transition. Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm".
Star Player
Star Player

LakerLand247 wrote:
12 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Why are people blaming BI?

He was our best player tonight.

The people complaining about BI are blithering idiots. But if I reply to them directly, then I get suspended.

Freaking idiots tho

Maybe you got suspended because you were calling fellow LGers idiots?

Yeah, before I made the comment that got me suspended, I knew it was gonna happen... But it was totally worth it.

Wasnt mad at GT for suspending my account. I stood behind what I said. I've been an advocate of a common sense test requirement prior to making an LG account.

A lot of people here wouldnt have accounts.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we please start kuz btw?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

Treble Clef wrote:
MJST wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
MJST wrote:
When Randle's in and switched on Mitchell, he doesn't diddily, and they started moving the offense away from him.

Luke then decides to bench Randle for whatever reason and Mitchell immediately gets the ball and scores twice, icing the game.

Does anyone STILL wanna defend Walton? Anyone at all? Or we finally done with it?

I'm done - don't necessarily want Luke to be fired but at the least we need some good assistants

Like I said, Luke sucks as an X's and O's guy and has no flipping clue about cause and effect.

Randle's in and on Mitchell, Mitchell can't do anythign and they move the offense away from him.

The moment Luke benches Randle for no reason Utah immediately goes to Mitchell and he gets an easy lay up and an open three...

Luke continues to look like the terrible coach he is. He probably can't even connect why it happened.

Luke can get out for all I care.

One word: rigid

I bet if you ask him he will talk about minutes or something else not terribly relevant with a few minutes left in the game

Am awaiting someone in the post game or at practice to bring up Luke's rotations, or bring up the fact that Randle seemed to lock down Mitchell when he was in and the moment Luke took him out the offense went back to Mitchell and he scored and ask him if he feels he should have kept Randle in as it seemed he was the guy having the most success against Mitchell and seems to be their best defender.

Reporters nowadays just ask the most sensational questions but don't even challenge coaches anymore. I sat through an arrogant media that pushed Mike Brown every chance they got, but with Luke they aren't doing it at all. It's frustrating because HE is a coach that SHOULD be pressed and questioned. Especially when he pulls dumb crap like tonight.

I don't think anyone will be asking Luke why Randle wasn't used to guard a point guard.

Randle's our best defender, and was shutting down Mitchell when he was on him. Luke took Randle out of the game and Mitchell went off again. It's a valid question.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
autoprt wrote:

Brooklyn at home.

yes i do like russell and it's going to be hard for me to watch him playing against the lakers.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
MJST wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
MJST wrote:
When Randle's in and switched on Mitchell, he doesn't diddily, and they started moving the offense away from him.

Luke then decides to bench Randle for whatever reason and Mitchell immediately gets the ball and scores twice, icing the game.

Does anyone STILL wanna defend Walton? Anyone at all? Or we finally done with it?

I'm done - don't necessarily want Luke to be fired but at the least we need some good assistants

Like I said, Luke sucks as an X's and O's guy and has no flipping clue about cause and effect.

Randle's in and on Mitchell, Mitchell can't do anythign and they move the offense away from him.

The moment Luke benches Randle for no reason Utah immediately goes to Mitchell and he gets an easy lay up and an open three...

Luke continues to look like the terrible coach he is. He probably can't even connect why it happened.

I bet if you ask him he will talk about minutes or something else not terribly relevant with a few minutes left in the game

Am awaiting someone in the post game or at practice to bring up Luke's rotations, or bring up the fact that Randle seemed to lock down Mitchell when he was in and the moment Luke took him out the offense went back to Mitchell and he scored and ask him if he feels he should have kept Randle in as it seemed he was the guy having the most success against Mitchell and seems to be their best defender.

Reporters nowadays just ask the most sensational questions but don't even challenge coaches anymore. I sat through an arrogant media that pushed Mike Brown every chance they got, but with Luke they aren't doing it at all. It's frustrating because HE is a coach that SHOULD be pressed and questioned. Especially when he pulls dumb crap like tonight.

I don't think anyone will be asking Luke why Randle wasn't used to guard a point guard.

Randle's our best defender, and was shutting down Mitchell when he was on him. Luke took Randle out of the game and Mitchell went off again. It's a valid question.

This. Damn Luke and his stunted rotation. Eff this loser coach
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

please...MJST has already DM'd Luke 12 times wanting a response....
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
wow yall have to give lonzo slack. PG is the toughest position and he just a week or 2 into the season. he is doing fine. i see progress. actually his defense isn't as bad as i thought and he's good at denying the ball and steals.

He can't shoot at a reliable rate. He passes up a uncontested layups for a pass to for a corner three. Its frustrating. He rebounds well and gets assists but he needs to absolutely nail that outside J or he won't won ROY.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

It's actually a little depressing hearing the Spectrum announcers trying desperately to spin Lonzo's horrific game into something good. Just say he sucked. It's not a big deal. Every rookie, hell, every player, has games where they just suck. Tonight was that for Lonzo.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
autoprt wrote:
wow yall have to give lonzo slack. PG is the toughest position and he just a week or 2 into the season. he is doing fine. i see progress. actually his defense isn't as bad as i thought and he's good at denying the ball and steals.

He can't shoot at a reliable rate. He passes up a uncontested layups for a pass to for a corner three. Its frustrating. He rebounds well and gets assists but he needs to absolutely nail that outside J or he won't won ROY.
agreed it's frustrating. hopefully with the time off he can watch film and figure it out.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
MJST wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
MJST wrote:

I don't remember Randle switching on to Mitchell much and I didn't really think he was the Mitchell stopper. Maybe he was, I wasn't really focusing on that matchup but it definitely didn't stand out to me. It seemed to me that Mitchell got several points when Randle was on the floor. He can't always be in position to switch on to every player.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
MJST wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
MJST wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
MJST wrote:

I don't remember Randle switching on to Mitchell much and I didn't really think he was the Mitchell stopper. Maybe he was, I wasn't really focusing on that matchup but it definitely didn't stand out to me. It seemed to me that Mitchell got several points when Randle was on the floor. He can't always be in position to switch on to every player.
mitchell was struggling. looks like the light bulb came on for him tonight unfortunately against us.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Luke saying our issues on offense are mostly because we're not playing fast enough. Even though we lead the league in turnovers and most of those come from us trying to force transition. Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm".

our starting lineup is also not set up to play fast
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
MJST wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
MJST wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
MJST wrote:

mitchell was struggling. looks like the light bulb came on for him tonight unfortunately against us.

if you are a player going through a slump, playing against the Lakers is the best ever cure for that.

___

btw, to those defending Ingram and are claiming he was the best player today. Guess what? he had the worst +/- at -24. Most points = best player? Nope. No sir. He sucked. His lack of defense and court awareness combined with his ugly jumper does not make him the best player tonight.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
luke was like COY when he took over for Kerr on the Warriors. But that was the Warriors..

Rosters don’t compare, the coaching staff dont compare.
There’s not one assistant on Luke’s staff that can hold a light to Ron Adam of GSW when it comes to defensive schemes, and they added Brown on top of that.

Comparing night to day.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
It's actually a little depressing hearing the Spectrum announcers trying desperately to spin Lonzo's horrific game into something good. Just say he sucked. It's not a big deal. Every rookie, hell, every player, has games where they just suck. Tonight was that for Lonzo.

I can't take them seriously. Most of what they say is fluff, especially Trudell.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

So he hits 3/6 from 3 this game and now he is Rondo.

If he got the same looks as the Jazz players tonight, his 3-pt shooting would look much better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48
Jump to: