Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
For an informed Lakers fan, I’m not sure why you keep on trying to push the false narrative that Kuzma is not part of the Russell trade with the Nets. I’m swear some of you suffer from the Mandela Effect. Here’s the actual footage of the draft. Stick to the facts please.

https://youtu.be/hsnjU9jp-uE

Here is the NBA press release saying we got Kuzma in the DLO trade.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/06/23/brooklyn-nets-acquire-dangelo-russell-and-timofey-mozgov-los-angeles-lakers

I have seen GT and other moderators come in here multiple times and explain it to the few that still pretend Kuzma is not a Laker if not for the DLo trade. If you still do not accept of understand that Kuzma would have been drafted by the Lakers with or without the DLo trade, then I feel you are a lost cause with an agenda on this subject.

I’m not saying the Nets (who Kuzma said was interested in him on Mason and Ireland) would have drafted him at 27. I’ll even pretend in this imaginary world that Kuzma was still there at 28th and still had DLO. That would have been great. What I am saying that when you write that Kuzma was the 28th pick who came with the LouWill trade, you are flat out lying. And I’ll argue this with anyone, mod or no mod. Yes, we maybe could have gotten him at 28th, but that’s not my argument. I’m saying the facts are he came in the DLO trade, and it saved the front office some face. They had no idea how good Kuzma would be.

I am lying? wow. If you want to hang onto semantics to feel better about the trade....by all means, go for it. Almost all Laker fans that do not have an anti Russell slant know the trade did not alter who we draft with that initial selection. Again, it does not bother me if you want to pretend we needed to trade DLo to draft Kuzma.....just not sure why it bothers you so much with me believing the Russell trade had zero impact on the Lakers drafting Kuzma.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
League moved on that comment in less than 24 hours but nothing on the bucks owner yet?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25974152/milwaukee-bucks-co-owner-marc-lasry-fined-tampering
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Magic didn't do anything wrong.. He hasn't been perfect by any stretch, but let's not pile on for the sake of piling on.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

It's so sad to see my favorite athlete (let alone Laker) go through something like this.

Lakers could use a sherpa to help these guys through as they are showing themselves to be pretty unseasoned at this.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

The league hates the Lakers. Lakers need to start snitching as well.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Magic didn't do anything wrong.. He hasn't been perfect by any stretch, but let's not pile on for the sake of piling on.

it is just amateurish at this point....or it is purposeful....either way, it does not make our FO look professional and plays into the current memes/narrative about Magic and our FO.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Arrogant or gullible?

Magic simply does not care. He's going to do and say what he wants. It's who he is.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

it is just amateurish at this point....or it is purposeful....either way, it does not make our FO look professional and plays into the current memes/narrative about Magic and our FO.

He just comes off as narcissistic or gullible? Either is not a good look.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Bottom line.. He did nothing wrong. I'm not going to characterize it as amateurish when he did absolutely nothing wrong.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
Arrogant or gullible?

Magic simply does not care. He's going to do and say what he wants. It's who he is.

Yep, and for that the franchise is and will continue to pay.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Can you explain to me how Magic comes off as a narcissist based on Ben wanting to work with him?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
For an informed Lakers fan, I’m not sure why you keep on trying to push the false narrative that Kuzma is not part of the Russell trade with the Nets. I’m swear some of you suffer from the Mandela Effect. Here’s the actual footage of the draft. Stick to the facts please.

https://youtu.be/hsnjU9jp-uE

Here is the NBA press release saying we got Kuzma in the DLO trade.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/06/23/brooklyn-nets-acquire-dangelo-russell-and-timofey-mozgov-los-angeles-lakers

I have seen GT and other moderators come in here multiple times and explain it to the few that still pretend Kuzma is not a Laker if not for the DLo trade. If you still do not accept of understand that Kuzma would have been drafted by the Lakers with or without the DLo trade, then I feel you are a lost cause with an agenda on this subject.

I’m not saying the Nets (who Kuzma said was interested in him on Mason and Ireland) would have drafted him at 27. I’ll even pretend in this imaginary world that Kuzma was still there at 28th and still had DLO. That would have been great. What I am saying that when you write that Kuzma was the 28th pick who came with the LouWill trade, you are flat out lying. And I’ll argue this with anyone, mod or no mod. Yes, we maybe could have gotten him at 28th, but that’s not my argument. I’m saying the facts are he came in the DLO trade, and it saved the front office some face. They had no idea how good Kuzma would be.

I am lying? wow. If you want to hang onto semantics to feel better about the trade....by all means, go for it. Almost all Laker fans that do not have an anti Russell slant know the trade did not alter who we draft with that initial selection. Again, it does not bother me if you want to pretend we needed to trade DLo to draft Kuzma.....just not sure why it bothers you so much with me believing the Russell trade had zero impact on the Lakers drafting Kuzma.

Listen dude. The trade sucked and it was absolutely stupid. I’ll even agree we could have gotten Kuzma with the LouWill trade (28th pick). But when you make a list and inaccurately say we got Kuzma with the 28th pick instead of the 27th, you start building a false narrative around here. He was the 27th pick. There is evidence everywhere. Could we have gotten Kuzma a pick later. Probably. Did we get him at 28th. No. That’s all I’m saying. The the list is inaccurate for someone as well informed about the Lakers as you are. And yes, the DLO trade was stupid. Hope you can see where I’m coming from with this.

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Magic was never cut out for this, and that's not necessarily a slight against him. Too big a personality and too open with his thoughts, almost completely inexperienced in the world of FOs where he has to compete against people who especially want to see the Lakers fail, and poor player evaluation skills on top of it all. I feel bad for him at this point, mostly because he had good intentions but was put in a bad position that he was likely going to fail in.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Can you explain to me how Magic comes off as a narcissist based on Ben wanting to work with him?

Gullible is a much more appropriate word to describe him right now, especially after the whole AD fiasco.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
League moved on that comment in less than 24 hours but nothing on the bucks owner yet?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25974152/milwaukee-bucks-co-owner-marc-lasry-fined-tampering

He got fined $25K
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

When you put yourself in the same position time and time again, and keep getting reprimanded for it that is being either extremely gullible and baited or narcissistic.
Either of them is not a good look for the lakers.
At some point no comment is the only thing that needs to come out of his mouth.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Gullible is a much more appropriate word to describe him right now, especially after the whole AD fiasco.

You might be able to make a better argument for gullible, but in what way did he make himself appear gullible?

He did what any other GM would have done, he tried to get a deal done to acquire one of the best players in the league. Who expressed interest in playing with his franchise. I don't agree with the all in package he was willing to part with. But I don't see gullible either.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

When you put yourself in the same position time and time again, and keep getting reprimanded for it that is being either extremely gullible and baited or narcissistic.

Narcissist.. a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.

I don't see it..
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Everybody mad at Magic and Rob Lowe for trading DLO.
I'm mad at our past FO for signing Mozgov to one of the worst contracts ever. So we had to give up such a valuable asset just to get rid of that useless 7 footer.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Unless there is something drastic that needs to be handled ASAP, the league office tends to not do much over the weekend. The stuff with the Bucks co-owner could wait until this week.

Last edited by Bard207 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Unless there is something drastic that needed to be handled ASAP, the league office tends to not do much over the weekend. The stuff with the Bucks co-owner could wait until this week.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I think Magic sort of waded into this thinking that he could bend the collective will and arc of the NBA, because he's Magic.

He's had unthinkable success on/off the court, but there are the "Magic Johnsons" of the GM/FO world and he's just too inexperienced and untrained in that realm. It's really a cold hard world that is competitive and you have teams relying on advanced mathematics to gain every conceivable edge.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Bucks owner was fined 25K..
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Bucks owner was fined 25K..

Thank God.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

As long as he keeps talking, the press/media will keep asking him questions. Once he becomes more like Jim & Mitch, the media will get bored and focus on somebody else.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 84 of 174
Jump to: