Motor Trend First Review of Tesla Model 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/discovered-2021-mustang-mach-e-official-page-w-pricing-models-specs-video-etc.49/

Pricing and spec leaks on the Mustang Mach E before it’s debut tomorrow

First Chevy and now Ford. Bastards are actually making me think about buying American.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/discovered-2021-mustang-mach-e-official-page-w-pricing-models-specs-video-etc.49/

I will reserve judgment until I can see it in person. I want more people driving electric, so it’s a good thing that Ford is coming out with a decent looking EV. The scroll wheel on the monitor seems silly to me, but what do I know, maybe it’s fantastic.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

By the way, the last software update for my Model 3 supposedly improved my 0-60 times by 5-10%. Definitely the only car I’ve ever owned that automatically gets better over time.

Oh yeah, and I can see traffic cones on the traffic visualization now.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

First Chevy and now Ford. Bastards are actually making me think about buying American.

Well I can’t speak for Chevy, but on the Ford side JOIN US JB!!

Next gen Mustang and Bronco will probably have hybrid versions if not full EV versions
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
By the way, the last software update for my Model 3 supposedly improved my 0-60 times by 5-10%. Definitely the only car I’ve ever owned that automatically gets better over time.

The updates is one of the coolest things about Teslas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

FYI, it doesn’t improve 0-60 5%, it increases power, which doesn’t scale linearly with 0-60 times. The 0-60 time should be a little faster, but most of the increased power comes in during later parts of the acceleration which affects the 0-60 time less but helps out acceleration at faster speeds.

And it’s also the second 5% increase in power they’ve released via update to the Model 3s since I’ve had mine, which is really cool. I doubt they can do it again after this, but I also didn’t think they’d do the second increase either, so maybe as they get more info on motor and battery longevity they’ll see there is more slack in their tolerances that they can provide.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/copterpilotla/status/1196236028102602752?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

The narrator in the video is kind of annoying. No one is beating Tesla in EVs until they match the charging network
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
The narrator in the video is kind of annoying. No one is beating Tesla in EVs until they match the charging network

The other thing is Tesla’s autopilot is light years ahead of any other driver assist feature from any other manufacturer, and I’ve driven a bunch of them. I can’t overstate what a game changer autopilot is for the car driving experience. For those who haven’t driven it, it’s far better than you realize.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

FYI, it doesn’t improve 0-60 5%, it increases power, which doesn’t scale linearly with 0-60 times. The 0-60 time should be a little faster, but most of the increased power comes in during later parts of the acceleration which affects the 0-60 time less but helps out acceleration at faster speeds.

And it’s also the second 5% increase in power they’ve released via update to the Model 3s since I’ve had mine, which is really cool. I doubt they can do it again after this, but I also didn’t think they’d do the second increase either, so maybe as they get more info on motor and battery longevity they’ll see there is more slack in their tolerances that they can provide.

Here is a breakdown of the actual increased times:

https://electrek.co/2019/11/17/tesla-model-3-0-60mph-times-then-and-now-all-trims-compared/
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Pretty surreal and awesome to be sitting in my car in a parking lot waiting to pick up a friend and just watching Atypical on Netflix on my car’s Infotainment screen while I’m doing it. I know they’re eventually going to only allow video streaming via Wifi only since I’m sure the data costs aren’t cheap, but until they do I’m going to take advantage.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Several updates on my 10/31 order:

Don't have my vin yet but everything else is done. My SA might be the most useless SA at Tesla. I've pretty much done all the homework as to when I'm getting my car which looks to be early to mid December. I texted him twice after his initial greeting and he seemed annoyed me with so I haven't bothered him since.

I've already asked a friend of mine to quote me on PPF, chrome delete and custom caliper paint and I've already bought about 1500 worth of accessories for it. The wait is killing me. UGH
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

I heard the LR AWDs are now sub 4 0-60 which is the one I ordered. I considered upgrading to the P3D but I'm not used to fast acceleration vehicles. With the updates now the the P3D is like 2.8-2.9 0-60 which sounds dangerous for a newbie like me.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Don't have my vin yet but everything else is done. My SA might be the most useless SA at Tesla. I've pretty much done all the homework as to when I'm getting my car which looks to be early to mid December. I texted him twice after his initial greeting and he seemed annoyed me with so I haven't bothered him since.

I've already asked a friend of mine to quote me on PPF, chrome delete and custom caliper paint and I've already bought about 1500 worth of accessories for it. The wait is killing me. UGH

Link to the accessories that you have?
I got PPF on the front of the car, to deal with rocks and ish.
Hemmed and hawed about chrome delete and then decided to forget it.
Still thinking about the internal wrap to get a carbon fiber look for parts of the interior.

Probably best thing I got were the sun shades for the top and back windows. That thing gets really hot and this is SoCal after all.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Link to the accessories that you have?
I got PPF on the front of the car, to deal with rocks and ish.
Hemmed and hawed about chrome delete and then decided to forget it.
Still thinking about the internal wrap to get a carbon fiber look for parts of the interior.

Probably best thing I got were the sun shades for the top and back windows. That thing gets really hot and this is SoCal after all.

I was quoted 450 for the chrome delete, 1450 for the PPF, 350 for custom calipers and 300 for a full exterior ceramic coating. I might do all of them. Based on my research these are extremely cheap prices and done by a trusted acquaintance of a close friend with 10 years experience in the industry doing work for major companies.

These are all the things I've gotten so far and I'm planning to get more. I'm going with satin since I don't like a random piece of carbon fiber in a car that has very little or none.

https://www.taptes.com/products/taptes-3d-all-weather-floor-mats-for-tesla-model-3

https://dreamcase.eu/configurator-3-0/?brand=tesla&model=3

https://www.abstractocean.com/model-3-center-console-vinyl-wrap/

https://www.abstractocean.com/M3-Nomad-Qi/

Can you link me to the sun shade? I have mild concerns about that actually.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I haven’t had any issues with my glass roof in SoCal for my 3, but I also tend to have my AC going at around 65 or lower year round, so maybe that’s why.

The center console wrap is essential for the 3, IMO, so that’s a great purchase. I HATE how many companies love doing gloss finishes that are just magnets for fingerprints, dust, and scratches and was disappointed Tesla did it with the center console. I got the brushed metal black vinyl wrap for it, and I really like the look.

I also got a matte screen protector for my center screen. Dunno how necessary it is since I haven’t heard of many people who have scratched up their screen, but better safe than sorry. It’s also supposed to help with glare, but since I haven’t driven the car without it I have no idea if it does or not.

I replaced the LED lighting under the doors with the logo lights, which are brighter and look better than the OEM lights, IMO.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I have the white interior and got the white vinyl wrap for the center console from Kenriko and it’s perfect. Looks much better in my opinion and no fingerprints or scratches to worry about.

I also don’t have an issue with sunlight and heat, but maybe that’s because I got the white interior. You can also always preconditions n the interior so it’s never hot before you actually get in the car, it will always be perfect.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Cyber truck reveal tomorrow, iirc. I’m very curious to see what they’ve come up with. Some of the renders based on the shadowed teaser images make the thing look like an armored ATV. If Tesla can actually come up with something that credibly breaks into the pickup sales market, that would be insanely huge for the US.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Cyber truck reveal tomorrow, iirc. I’m very curious to see what they’ve come up with. Some of the renders based on the shadowed teaser images make the thing look like an armored ATV. If Tesla can actually come up with something that credibly breaks into the pickup sales market, that would be insanely huge for the US.

I can see ICEing incidents becoming worse if Tesla comes out with a great pickup truck option.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of trucks.

Thoughts?

https://bollingermotors.com/

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Depends on far out from production it is IMO. The F-150 EV is already in development.

I'm super excited to see the cyber truck tomorrow. Any word whether it's full-size or mid-size truck?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Speaking of trucks.

Thoughts?

Haven’t heard of these guys before. I have been impressed with the Rivian electric pickup and am looking forward to seeing some out in the wild.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/mustang6g/status/1197255696036839426?s=21

There’s a Shelby version coming!! I used to not give much of a crap about EVs but I may be turning the corner...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Anything Tesla, my friend is the best in the business:

https://tsportline.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cui_5_65QIVxB6tBh2eqQQhEAAYASAAEgLoU_D_BwE
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Speaking of trucks.

Thoughts?

Bollinger said they had 32k hand raisers as of 2 months ago.

They are in the middle of a Series A $100M fundraising round.

Bollinger is an extremely small outfit of maybe 20 engineers.

They are outsourcing producing engineering and manufacturing of the vehicle itself.

Reminds me of tiny British Boutique car manufactures.

Their ultimate goal is selling 10k/year through a traditional dealership network.

I wish them all the best.

The trucks/SUVs are extremely cool and capable.

But at $125k a pop it is going to be an uphill climb.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: