OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Trade him while his value is high.

And then he says no thanks
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Killing Criticism Proficiently
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
In a different situation, Pope could still do quite well. He's not worthless by any stretch of the imagination. That being said, he's not a championship level player. He's not bright.

To get him to accept a trade, he should get far less thst eight or four minutes; he needs to not play at all. I've been saying it for a month: I'd put him in street clothes until December and give his 4-8 minutes to Daniels or Tucker.

Sitting a guy as you are trying to circumvent the CBA by trying to get him to waive his trade denial rights (given to him by that same CBA) would have the Players Union and league office on you so fast you wouldn’t know what happened. With the Laker’s history, $5 mil fine? Loss of draft picks?

Anything under 12 mins a game would get him to seriously consider accepting a trade.

KCP knows if he plays fewer than 15mpg, he probably won't be a Laker next season, and would have to take the vet min somewhere if he doesn't prove himself in the next 8 months.

He has a player option next season, he will be a Laker if he wants.

Anyone can be bought out and stretched. But the open-court athleticism and tenacity he's shown the past two games should shut me and most of LG up for at least...two more games.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
KCP reposted this on his IG

https://i.redd.it/2u133j56t2z31.jpg

We gotta support everyone!!

Yes, no more booing the man please

I'm looking forward to the resurgence of KCP
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Courtesy of Reddit - Dwight, Lebron, and AD have nice uplifting comments for KCP on instagram

https://i.redd.it/9z8obd75r0z31.png
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

As a public figure, especially as a Laker player, he's not immune to criticism. Especially more if he bricks wide open layups.

However, KCP is a solid role player who just hasn't been hitting his shots. He still gives great effort on defense. The 4th quarter vs the Kings will hopefully knock him out of his slump and give him a confidence boost.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
In a different situation, Pope could still do quite well. He's not worthless by any stretch of the imagination. That being said, he's not a championship level player. He's not bright.

To get him to accept a trade, he should get far less thst eight or four minutes; he needs to not play at all. I've been saying it for a month: I'd put him in street clothes until December and give his 4-8 minutes to Daniels or Tucker.

Sitting a guy as you are trying to circumvent the CBA by trying to get him to waive his trade denial rights (given to him by that same CBA) would have the Players Union and league office on you so fast you wouldn’t know what happened. With the Laker’s history, $5 mil fine? Loss of draft picks?

Anything under 12 mins a game would get him to seriously consider accepting a trade.

KCP knows if he plays fewer than 15mpg, he probably won't be a Laker next season, and would have to take the vet min somewhere if he doesn't prove himself in the next 8 months.

Anyone can be bought out and stretched. But the open-court athleticism and tenacity he's shown the past two games should shut me and most of LG up for at least...two more games.

They can agree to be bought out and stretched. Still the player has to agree.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

If KCP ever plays up to his contract we will be in great shape.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

If he ever plays up to his potential we're going to be clear favorites

It'd be like having a second Danny Green
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I used the wrong terminology. But even if he didn't take less in a buyout, there is one option.

Any player can be waived between July 1st/August 31st, and it effectively works as a stretch. Would still get full salary, and whatever the next team pays him does not count against the $8.5M the Lakers would pay him over 3 years.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

It was nice seeing KDP break out for one game. He was huge in that 4th quarter. Hopefully all this positive energy from his teammates will lift him up.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

He will have to if we come out of the West. The Clippers will beat us because we have no answer for Sweet Lou Williams. KCP could at least offset some of Lou's scoring, if KCP can just hit his shots.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
pio2u wrote:

He will have to if we come out of the West. The Clippers will beat us because we have no answer for Sweet Lou Williams. KCP could at least offset some of Lou's scoring, if KCP can just hit his shots.

Bradley
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

KCP is not a "bad" player its just madly frustrating seeing him get paid so much and given such a prominent role on this team at the expense of better players.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I used the wrong terminology. But even if he didn't take less in a buyout, there is one option.

Any player can be waived between July 1st/August 31st, and it effectively works as a stretch. Would still get full salary, and whatever the next team pays him does not count against the $8.5M the Lakers would pay him over 3 years.

And since he would no longer have an option year at that time, he couldn’t turn down a trade.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
troy wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Bradley

It's funny, go to the Clippers sub reddit and they say they won't win the championship if Lou plays significant minutes
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

And since he would no longer have an option year at that time, he couldn’t turn down a trade.

Good point, he could be used as ballast in a trade that would include our 1st rounder and possibly Kuzma, if it comes to that.

Of course this hypothetical is based on him not having a good '19-'20, and the Lakers being better off with the $5.67M extra capspace that would be created by waiving him, assuming a trade isn't feasable.

If his season is going badly and his minutes sporadic by the trade deadline, he may waive the NTC for a chance to turn it around in a better situation for him, and have a good shot at a long term contract next summer.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

13 points, good game today

Last game might have been a turning point for him
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
We'll need games like this every once in a while
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

KCP played solid defense tonight.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Another solid game at both ends. His trade value looks favorable .
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Another solid game at both ends. His trade value looks favorable .

Unless he gives the Lakers a team of his preference he will waive his no trade clause for, then he isn’t increasing anything for other teams, but I am fine if he’s here this season because if he plays well we are a much better team.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

The only times I think a Laker player should be booed or trashed on social media is if he either (a) has a very bad attitude, harming team unity, or (b) is really lazy. In both those cases the booing has a purpose — to try to deter negative behavior and encourage more positive behavior.

But I see no purpose in booing a player who tries hard and is simply missing his shots, or even making some bonehead plays. Since he is not doing it on purpose, what can booing achieve? Better to support and encourage our players and encourage them to succeed.

All this is from a selfish perspective for me. i WANT the Lakers to succeed, and, for that, I want them to play their best. I think it's the rare player who gains confidence and is more successful by getting booed by the home fans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
The only times I think a Laker player should be booed or trashed on social media is if he either (a) has a very bad attitude, harming team unity, or (b) is really lazy. In both those cases the booing has a purpose — to try to deter negative behavior and encourage more positive behavior.

But I see no purpose in booing a player who tries hard and is simply missing his shots, or even making some bonehead plays. Since he is not doing it on purpose, what can booing achieve? Better to support and encourage our players and encourage them to succeed.

All this is from a selfish perspective for me. i WANT the Lakers to succeed, and, for that, I want them to play their best. I think it's the rare player who gains confidence and is more successful by getting booed by the home fans.

Great post markjay.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Killing Criticism Proficiently

Keep it going KCP
Nice to see him looking like an actual ball player
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 137 of 182
Jump to: