OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

I’m hoping KCP has a great year but I’ve been disappointed before 😝
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
lol yea right. were trying to make playoffs and risk not getting AD. no way in hell.

There is no way to reform you.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
what a narrative yinoma...
when lbj went down with the fake groin injury?? the team needed him ? really? like...we were trying to win and not tanking? so we make the playoffs and miss out on AD? ok....

he started playing well when playoff hopes were gone? you mean after they had successfully tanked? he did better? you dont say. looks to me like he did the right thing and tanked properly, achieving that team goal. then after that, he played well because as long as we have tanked now we can at least play well the remainder of the season. sounds to me like a good player.

if a team is tanking...stats are not going to be good. thats the point. i never understood all the flac the fans gave the coaches or players when we were tanking. like what do you expect?

So he faked a groin injury so the team could tank and get AD? That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

i just want to say this was and will be my favorite thread in this forum this year.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
when lbj went down with the fake groin injury?? the team needed him ? really? like...we were trying to win and not tanking? so we make the playoffs and miss out on AD? ok....

he started playing well when playoff hopes were gone? you mean after they had successfully tanked? he did better? you dont say. looks to me like he did the right thing and tanked properly, achieving that team goal. then after that, he played well because as long as we have tanked now we can at least play well the remainder of the season. sounds to me like a good player.

if a team is tanking...stats are not going to be good. thats the point. i never understood all the flac the fans gave the coaches or players when we were tanking. like what do you expect?

So he faked a groin injury so the team could tank and get AD? That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

something like that yes. weve been doing it for several years now. and so are many other teams. its called tanking. i love how everyone knows that we tanked all those years, yet when i point out specific things regarding the mechanism of tanking, everyone is like BAH NO WAY! lol. how do you think tanking works?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Judah wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

something like that yes. weve been doing it for several years now. and so are many other teams. its called tanking. i love how everyone knows that we tanked all those years, yet when i point out specific things regarding the mechanism of tanking, everyone is like BAH NO WAY! lol. how do you think tanking works?

Makes sense.
He knew he couldnt win this year with the kids.
So he helped tank to get a better draft pick. And it worked!

By the way, do you have any fliers? I would love to read more about your theories.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
I’m hoping KCP has a great year but I’ve been disappointed before 😝

ditto
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

I want him to do well but that preseason game wasnt a good sign.
I really hope Vogel is not afraid to give his minutes to Caruso,Cook,Daniels if they outplay him.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

The problem with KCP that some don't realize is that the guy is dumb, like really dumb. Not smart, doesn't seem to have a very high IQ. Wonder how he even finished high school. Just seems a little slow. When he is interviewed, he struggles. So, without a high IQ, he will struggle on this team.
Wish he had not been re-signed.....
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

For $8mil I was not impressed but it was only an exhibition game. We'll see as the season progresses.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

i hope you guys are this critical about green, who is basically the same player.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
i hope you guys are this critical about green, who is basically the same player.

Umm not really at all...

Green is what we wish KCP was
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Umm not really at all...

exactly... much better shooter, longer better defender, SMARTER player who is not going to go outside his limits
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
2019 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Umm not really at all...

exactly... much better shooter, longer better defender, SMARTER player who is not going to go outside his limits

Green is BBALLIQ galore. KCP? Not so much.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

the point is not that green is better. the point is you guys are unusually critical with kcp. green is not that much better. you will see. and then when the numbers come in and green shoots 2% better on threes, then what?

my point is, this guy kcp gets so much s--- for no reason and the rest of the team is not playing any better (before this year). kcp misses a three, everyone loses their minds. lbj misses even more threes and fts, but its ok. or lonzo or bi or etc. kcp has fallen into the cateogry of clarkson, nick young, and lou to you guys where you just hate for no reason. this is a good solid player. ive questioned people in detail what specifically bothers you so much about him, and the answers are:
he shot 34% instead of 38% from three. big whoop
he got paid too much. so what. not your money.
green gets paid more, but he is not in the category so he is forgiven.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
the point is not that green is better. the point is you guys are unusually critical with kcp. green is not that much better. you will see. and then when the numbers come in and green shoots 2% better on threes, then what?

my point is, this guy kcp gets so much s--- for no reason and the rest of the team is not playing any better (before this year). kcp misses a three, everyone loses their minds. lbj misses even more threes and fts, but its ok. or lonzo or bi or etc. kcp has fallen into the cateogry of clarkson, nick young, and lou to you guys where you just hate for no reason. this is a good solid player. ive questioned people in detail what specifically bothers you so much about him, and the answers are:
he shot 34% instead of 38% from three. big whoop
he got paid too much. so what. not your money.
green gets paid more, but he is not in the category so he is forgiven.

When LBJ (according to you) was “faking” his groin injury we needed KCP to step up. He utterly failed and when the season was over he started stepping up. Shows he’s not a top level player. Without KLUTCH he’s making 5m or less a year.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

The main reason KCP gets so much s--- is because the offense lose it's flow with him out there, and either he does something great individually or the whole team sucks. More often the latter. He can thrive in set plays, but doesn't think on his feet when a set play goes wrong. He has some physical gifts, but I don't see him making other players better.

When Green was on the floor, we destroyed GS. That unit had cohesion right out of the gates. That's what happens when smart veterans take the floor together, they figure it out quickly. When KCP was on the floor, we let GS and the Warrior crowd back into the game. Hearing that crowd come to life, after the throttling our starters laid on them, was a bit infuriating. Then, thankfully, Vogel sat KCP, we pulled away, even with the same four players KCP was paired with on the floor again. Absent KCP. We pulled away even more so when several of the guards KCP stands in front of in our rotation took the floor at the same time.

Box score in this case backs up the eye test. He sucked.

Is he capable of changing these things? We've heard him talk; is he even capable of communicating quickly on the basketball floor?

It's not paying him too much that worries me, it's playing him too much.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
The main reason KCP gets so much s--- is because the offense lose it's flow with him out there, and either he does something great individually or the whole team sucks. More often the latter.

i disagree with most of this. im almost like where are you even seeing this? but regardless...maybe the team sucks often because the team sucks. its not kcp. the team sucked with lebron too. and lebron sucked lol. kcp is singled out so much more. just the fact that he shoots 87% on ft is enough for me to never criticize this guy.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
The main reason KCP gets so much s--- is because the offense lose it's flow with him out there, and either he does something great individually or the whole team sucks. More often the latter.

i disagree with most of this. im almost like where are you even seeing this? but regardless...maybe the team sucks often because the team sucks. its not kcp. the team sucked with lebron too. and lebron sucked lol. kcp is singled out so much more. just the fact that he shoots 87% on ft is enough for me to never criticize this guy.

Like the team sucked with LeBron the other day? Yeah, LeBron looked awful setting up Javale and Anthony Davis repeatedly. Caruso and Daniels sucked out there, Daniels with his sucky made 3's and AC setting up drive after drive to the basket, dishing when he wasn't open and creating shots for others. I'm pissed he didn't stop the offensive flow and try a rushed and contested mid-range jumper in early offense. Sucks that Caruso thinks on his feet. Why can't he be monolithic and slow thinking, and fall apart when the defense throws him a surprise? Dammit Alex.

Lebron James and KCP though. Almost the same player. I get it now. Thank you.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

Remember when he forgot he was a 3&D player?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

The Awful Take Factory just keeps reaching new levels of output.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Yeah. Sometimes I forget that, too.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I think once the team gets into a rhythm, he will, too. He’s out there pointing where guys should go. As soon as they get a little more organized and he can focus on the 3 and D, the better I think he’ll look. He can’t have a repeat of last year horrible start and he knows it.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

The Awful Take Factory just keeps reaching new levels of output.

you realize who you're talking to? lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 112 of 182
Jump to: