OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Bradley at his best was an elite on ball defender. He was always undersized however. If he doesn't need to be a traditional PG he can make a big difference for the Lakers if healthy.

Hopefully so. A rejuvenated Bradley with Caruso and Green would be a respectable trio with KCP and Cook ready to fill in.

And Rondo leading them all.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Bradley at his best was an elite on ball defender. He was always undersized however. If he doesn't need to be a traditional PG he can make a big difference for the Lakers if healthy.

Hopefully so. A rejuvenated Bradley with Caruso and Green would be a respectable trio with KCP and Cook ready to fill in.

Quien?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Quien?

Mike Jones!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Start this bald man.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject:

The play where he picked off the backdoor was awesome. Kawhi had a play exactly like that last year and it seems like Caruso actually studied it and put it into his game.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

Definitely want to see him with the starters more. I like his potential chemistry with Lebron.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Very strong game from Caruso, even if he was relegated to leading the third string squad. He still got them cohesive, and got Cacok on a roll, played solid defense, good steal on the backdoor pass, went aggressive to the rim over and over to set up scores and assists, and ended up with an efficient scoring night and more points than Rondo on fewer shots, 6 assists as well in 19 minutes.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Caruso could well end up being the best bargain the Lakers have this year, dollar for dollar.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

Pels gonna be like ‘should’ve asked for Caruso instead of...’
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Very strong game from Caruso, even if he was relegated to leading the third string squad. He still got them cohesive, and got Cacok on a roll, played solid defense, good steal on the backdoor pass, went aggressive to the rim over and over to set up scores and assists, and ended up with an efficient scoring night and more points than Rondo on fewer shots, 6 assists as well in 19 minutes.

I also liked the way that he was trying to get Howard involved offensively.

--Anonymous
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

^Yes, Caruso did a good job orchestrating once he got aggressive. They ran that mover-blocker motion to start the second half and he passed up an open three, then didn’t attack hard. But after that he got into rhythm and when Dwight came in, he had some flow going because he was aggressive. Their best sequences were in early offense when Dwight would set a screen or slip and Caruso would go hard.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
^Yes, Caruso did a good job orchestrating once he got aggressive. They ran that mover-blocker motion to start the second half and he passed up an open three, then didn’t attack hard. But after that he got into rhythm and when Dwight came in, he had some flow going because he was aggressive. Their best sequences were in early offense when Dwight would set a screen or slip and Caruso would go hard.

It kinda makes you want to see what he could do with AD in those same motion sequences.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

If Caruso can put pressure on the rim (he can), AD will feast off that.

I do like that Rondo has more of that finesse, passing game and chemistry with AD. I think Caruso will learn off that just watching and being around that. Going to be fun watching the chemistry with Caruso grow when he gets his minutes.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

Caruso looked pretty solid the other night. My hopes continue to grow that what we've seen from him is real.

Do you guys feel like he'll become that guard we need who's an offensive threat when we need him to be? Not talking about averaging lots of points, but just forcing the issue and calling his own number in short spurts to balance out our offensive attack.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject:

Caruso-Howard seem to be developing some chemistry together.
This will be a fun season. Go LA!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

Lot of guys to root for this season. I think its going to be a guard/shooter by committee, where different nights, one of the guard mob gets hot, and that's who we run with.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Hopefully he can dominate the other team's backups. I like how he's big enough that you can have him play both guard positions as well.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

If rondo had a game like caruso's LG would be roasting him right now.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

11 points (4-12, 3-4 from 3), 8 assists (4 tovs), 3 steals, and 2 blocks is roast-worthy? Is that line that bad?

And did you watch the game? Kind of tough to score at the rim when Jarrett Allen and DeAndre Jordan completely ignore your roll man.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

11 points (4-12, 3-4 from 3), 8 assists (4 tovs), 3 steals, and 2 blocks is roast-worthy? Is that line that bad?

And did you watch the game? Kind of tough to score at the rim when Jarrett Allen and DeAndre Jordan completely ignore your roll man.

People were roasting Rondo game 1, and he played well. That's kinda my point.
Watched the 2nd half. Liked his defense. 3 steal and 1 block is good. Hit some nice catch and shoot 3s. Just didn't like the turnovers and his finishing around the hoop. There were some drop passes to the big that were available.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Paging every Lakers Podcast known to man... 😝
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Watched the 2nd half. Liked his defense. 3 steal and 1 block is good. Hit some nice catch and shoot 3s. Just didn't like the turnovers and his finishing around the hoop. There were some drop passes to the big that were available.

Did Rondo play well in game 1?

Having Cacock get blocked instead would've improved Caruso's statline, I agree.

The two late turnovers were poor, but he finished with a non-roast-worthy 2:1 ATR. I question how much better the outcome would've been with Rondo surrounded by KCP, Norvell, Jackson, and Cacock.

I feel like yours would've been a better snarky post for the Avery Bradley thread because as of this point he looks like he should be third on the depth chart behind Rondo and Caruso in some order.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The two late turnovers were poor, but he finished with a non-roast-worthy 2:1 ATR. I question how much better the outcome would've been with Rondo surrounded by KCP, Norvell, Jackson, and Cacock.

I feel like yours would've been a better snarky post for the Avery Bradley thread because as of this point he looks like he should be third on the depth chart behind Rondo and Caruso in some order.

Did Rondo have a good game 1? He was one of the few bench players who did play well in the 1st half. KCP and Dwight had rough game 1s.

I think Caruso should've made the right read. Instead of going up against a squared up DeAndre or Allen.

Hopefully Vogel gives Caruso a shot starting, wanna see what it looks like. Especially if he keeps knocking down those catch and shoot 3s. Wonder how he'll do guarding smaller guards, that's what Bradley is supposed to bring to the table.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Did Rondo have a good game 1? He was one of the few bench players who did play well in the 1st half. KCP and Dwight had rough game 1s.

I think Caruso should've made the right read. Instead of going up against a squared up DeAndre or Allen.

Hopefully Vogel gives Caruso a shot starting, wanna see what it looks like. Especially if he keeps knocking down those catch and shoot 3s. Wonder how he'll do guarding smaller guards, that's what Bradley is supposed to bring to the table.

I did not see the passing windows available that you did and the Nets defense was geared toward creating a Caruso v. Allen/Jordan 1:1 because he's not capable most nights of taking that on. Hopefully there's a video breakdown that'll show up on YouTube that demonstrates the missed dump-off windows you're referencing because that would be a manageable fix to make.

Did he miss reads that you saw when Caruso was out there with AD/McGee as roll men?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

I did not see the passing windows available that you did and the Nets defense was geared toward creating a Caruso v. Allen/Jordan 1:1 because he's not capable most nights of taking that on. Hopefully there's a video breakdown that'll show up on YouTube that demonstrates the missed dump-off windows you're referencing because that would be a manageable fix to make.

Did he miss reads that you saw when Caruso was out there with AD/McGee as roll men?

This will show you all his shot attempts.
https://on.nba.com/2MvO2fN

It's not like I hate Caruso. He did some things well. Liked the steals and the block. And the catch and shoot 3s. Just highlighting that he's treated a little differently than Rondo on LG.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 48 of 132
Jump to: