best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Fultz gets hurt, summer league is dangerous Dogs

Especially if you are wearing a 6ers jersey.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Tatum is good, Brown and Zizic NOT!

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

hope so, with Ball. I just think Ainge is in a different league.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

loved Kuzma's effort tonight. Real nice stroke with the 3 and active feet on d.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

Why? I don't think his drafting has been great or bad. Seems like middle of the pack.

Last edited by eureca on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

Yeah, the G-league. Boston's draft picks under Ainge stink outloud most of the time.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Magic's in game interview was cringeworthy.

Justifying trading Dlo because he was a scoring PG and we need a pass first PG.

Out of all people, he should realize that last pass first PG to win anything significant was 30 years ago when he led the Lakers to a championship.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

KungPau wrote:
paymonM wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

Yeah, the G-league. Boston's draft picks under Ainge stink outloud most of the time.

Smart, Brown & Zizic are unremarkable and the other picks are either no-names or out of the league.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Honestly? Ainge missed the boat for his team IMO. I would have drafted Ball and watched him feed IT Horford and Hayward highlights all night. Not only would it have it ruined magics plan, but I honestly think it would make Boston a much more appealing FA destination.

I also think that squad topples the cavs.

I'll put my Teflon suit on now 😜
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Boston killed us when Caruso and Wear were on the court. Our starters played really well.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

Out of all people, he should realize that last pass first PG to win anything significant was 30 years ago when he led the Lakers to a championship.
Kidd won a title. And really Lebron is basically a pass first player for the most part he scores but he defers a lot of time
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Honestly? Ainge missed the boat for his team IMO. I would have drafted Ball and watched him feed IT Horford and Hayward highlights all night. Not only would it have it ruined magics plan, but I honestly think it would make Boston a much more appealing FA destination.

Prolly
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

I mean, I guess he'd rather go with the worst defender in the league and the worst shooter in the league than strengthening his backcourt with Fultz or Ball.

Last edited by KungPau on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Boston killed us when Caruso and Wear were on the court. Our starters played really well.

Wear -12
Caruso -11
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Fultz gets hurt, summer league is dangerous Dogs

Another setback for Philly....just something to remember when our own fans trash our players because they aren't progressing fast enough in their eyes....at least they aren't getting hurt and getting valuable court time experience.
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Wear -12
Caruso -11

any combination of Caruso/Wear/Thomas on the floor at the same time =

Our "Jud Buechler" line-up

LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Kidd won a title. And really Lebron is basically a pass first player for the most part he scores but he defers a lot of time

Seriously?

Lebron James is just an all around great player. No player that can average over 30 PPG is a pass-first player. No player with a career average of 27 PPG is a pass-first player. He is a great passer, but he is a go-to scorer first and foremost.

Jason Kidd was a role player on that Dallas team. He was basically a spot up shooter. It's like saying Boston won their championship because of Rajon Rondo.
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
vicman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Seriously?

Lebron James is just an all around great player. No player that can average over 30 PPG is a pass-first player. No player with a career average of 27 PPG is a pass-first player. He is a great passer, but he is a go-to scorer first and foremost.

Jason Kidd was a role player on that Dallas team. He was basically a spot up shooter. It's like saying Boston won their championship because of Rajon Rondo.

Jason Kidd went to 2 straight finals appearances with a team that had some borderline all-stars in Jefferson and Martin but not much else... Keith Van Horn? Kittles? give him a slightly better supporting cast and maybe he wins a championship.

Also had either one of the trades to the lakers materialized I think he helps us win a ring.

I like what I'm seeing with Lonzo so far. And the fact that we haven't seen a passer like him since Kidd... and the last time before that was Magic is encouraging, not discouraging.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

DanielKetch wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
vicman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Seriously?

Jason Kidd went to 2 straight finals appearances with a team that had some borderline all-stars in Jefferson and Martin but not much else... Keith Van Horn? Kittles? give him a slightly better supporting cast and maybe he wins a championship.

Also had either one of the trades to the lakers materialized I think he helps us win a ring.

I like what I'm seeing with Lonzo so far. And the fact that we haven't seen a passer like him since Kidd... and the last time before that was Magic is encouraging, not discouraging.

Those Net's team had the 5th and 7th best record in the NBA. Jason Kidd couldn't get his team out the 2nd round when in the West, and then makes 2 NBA finals when he gets traded to the East and then those teams fall off a cliff pretty fast. It says more about how bad the East was than anything about winning with a pass-first PG.

According the Magic, the last player that was like Jason Kidd was Michael Carter Williams.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Tatum reminds me a lot of Melo. Great midrange ISO scorers that don't pass or play defense. These kind of players dominate summer league. If he can do this against NBA defenders, he will be the next Melo.

Not to be a downer but Zo's defense tonight looked worse than Tatum's and I don't exactly blame Tatum for not passing. Brown who was supposed to be the vet of the group was flat out terrible

I don't think so. Tatum was letting Kuzma flare out to open threes the whole game. He also let Kuzma have a career game. He didn't move well on defense tonight. Im not saying Lonzo was a shutdown defender either tonight but his man didn't go for 30 plus on efficient shooting. Not trying to knock Tatum but there's so many flaws to his game that will show up when the regular season starts. I guess the first thing many fans want to see is how a player can score in summer league and forget the other facets of the game.
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
vicman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Seriously?

Those Net's team had the 5th and 7th best record in the NBA. Jason Kidd couldn't get his team out the 2nd round when in the West, and then makes 2 NBA finals when he gets traded to the East and then those teams fall off a cliff pretty fast. It says more about how bad the East was than anything about winning with a pass-first PG.

According the Magic, the last player that was like Jason Kidd was Michael Carter Williams.

touché - the inbalance of power in the East and The West was worse than it is currently.

In Magic's defense, MCW looked like a baller his rookie year.

and I guess we are also leaving Penny Hardaway out of this discussion who was the other player compared to Magic.

Anyhow, it's two SL games... it's apparent to me at least that Lonzo is no Magic, but a triple double is encouraging nonetheless... still a lot of basketball to be played before we can see what he becomes and what he helps this team become.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

DanielKetch wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Wear -12
Caruso -11

any combination of Caruso/Wear/Thomas on the floor at the same time =

Our "Jud Buechler" line-up

I thought TLC was gonna make a "Scrubs" revival with that lineup of Vander, Travis, Caruso and Thomas. Particularly Ware and Caruso getting a lot of burn with Jed Buechler. I guess a white coach who was a scrub as a player needs to stick out for his fellow white scrub. Caruso even gets more playing time that Dozier.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I know its summer league but its crazy how bad our bench is
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51
Jump to: