OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 344, 345, 346 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
I don't really think Kuzma's issues have much to do with his position. He's missing shots he made last year, both from deep and at the rim, and the improvements everyone was trying to sell us on haven't shown up yet.

Exactly. His shot selection has nothing to do with what position he's playing or who he's covering on defense. It's just an excuse people are using.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

4OnTheFloor wrote:
Practice wrote:
I don't really think Kuzma's issues have much to do with his position. He's missing shots he made last year, both from deep and at the rim, and the improvements everyone was trying to sell us on haven't shown up yet.

Exactly. His shot selection has nothing to do with what position he's playing or who he's covering on defense. It's just an excuse people are using.

Shooting 42% from the field and 35% from 3 this preseason...not bad for a player who's trying out new positions and playing with different teammates.

Kuzma only shot 24% from 3 last preseason.

A lot of his shots have looked good too...just not falling but they will.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject:

4OnTheFloor wrote:
Practice wrote:

I'm not ready to panic yet but something is not right with the shot I don't know if all the weight lifting adding the extra weight or what but he's not stroking it like last year Maybe he's still adjusting to the changes to his body in the off season
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
4OnTheFloor wrote:
Practice wrote:

I'm not ready to panic yet but something is not right with the shot I don't know if all the weight lifting adding the extra weight or what but he's not stroking it like last year Maybe he's still adjusting to the changes to his body in the off season

Most players who aren’t absolute marksmen shoot bad-below avg in the preseason... he’s at 35% now, compared to like 24% last preseason... and it’s not like he didn’t have a month last year where he only shot 30%..
Shooting can be streaky when you’re not an absolute marksmen, especially in preaseason.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject:

Everything with Kuz seems to be just a little off. His 3 point shooting and how he gets into his shot is off, when he drives to the hoop he is off. At times he seems too passive while other times he seems to force it. He still seem to get muscled especially at the 5. If anything he seems a step slower than last year as he seems to have lost quickness.

I think is real issues are more that he has not yet gotten to that place where he is comfortable yet. He is thinking about playmaking and defense and has lost that aggressive edge I saw last year. I think he just needs to keep fighting through and being confident until things click into place and he finds his rhythm.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Everything with Kuz seems to be just a little off. His 3 point shooting and how he gets into his shot is off, when he drives to the hoop he is off. At times he seems too passive while other times he seems to force it. He still seem to get muscled especially at the 5. If anything he seems a step slower than last year as he seems to have lost quickness.

I think is real issues are more that he has not yet gotten to that place where he is comfortable yet. He is thinking about playmaking and defense and has lost that aggressive edge I saw last year. I think he just needs to keep fighting through and being confident until things click into place and he finds his rhythm.

no, this point bugs me. he said he's quicker cuz he got stronger..and I've seen it. probly more bouncy too

I don't think he looks like this play or the play after, last year

don't think he was quite this fluid/quick

this is as good of dusting a guy on a closeout as you can ask, he had no chance to even catch him on the drive

I don't think he dunks it like this off 2 steps last year..

kinda gives me hope that Ingram can still improve athletically too.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

I think people is kind of disappointed with Kuzma after this preseason because of all the hype regarding his evolution during summer.

He's probably gonna settle down now and let his game flow a little bit more. He's going to be fine.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I think people is kind of disappointed with Kuzma after this preseason because of all the hype regarding his evolution during summer.

He's probably gonna settle down now and let his game flow a little bit more. He's going to be fine.

yeah, maybe he's forcing a little bit. Should get more open 3s from LeBron pretty soon
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Kuz looks pretty good to me, his shooting %s aren't that different from last season, I'm not sure what the negative comments are about. Maybe people expected him to become a high end starter already? He is who he is, a very good combo forward scorer. That alone can be very valuable to this team.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

Ingram was 10 times worse in his sophomore season pre season and looked just fine as the season went on.

I suspect it's the same for Kuzma, he worked hard and wants to prove that he's a totally different player but he's forcing the issue.

Once he gets a few regular season games under the belt, I think he'll be aight
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Kuz looks pretty good to me, his shooting %s aren't that different from last season, I'm not sure what the negative comments are about. Maybe people expected him to become a high end starter already? He is who he is, a very good combo forward scorer. That alone can be very valuable to this team.

kinda
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Looks great to me. Kuz was trying some new things to get himself ready for the regular season and still always ended up shooting well at the end of the game.

Can’t wait to see the posts when Kuz goes ham and ppl here shocked because he didn’t do it in the “preseason”.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Yeah I def wrongly assumed Kuzma would be HOF player this year. I bought into the hype. Preseason has tapered my expectations but I fully expect Kuzma to be much better than last season... the preseason just let me realize he needs time to adjust to all of it.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

16ppg in 24mpg and people are complaining about kuz that is while looking out of sync! Give him 32 mpg and he is easily at 20ppg.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

In the game threads you would think Kuz is Zu. I think Kuz actually looks pretty good considering the adjustments he’s making and it’s only preseason. He’ll get back into his rythym real soon.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Typical in this town of pitting one player against another. So BI is a HOF to some and Kuz belongs in the D-league. I listened to those bozos on 710 rag on Kuz all day because they like BI better and don't understand why Kuz is so popular. Of course when Kuz scores 30+ they'll just fall back on how bad he is on defense.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
Typical in this town of pitting one player against another. So BI is a HOF to some and Kuz belongs in the D-league. I listened to those bozos on 710 rag on Kuz all day because they like BI better and don't understand why Kuz is so popular. Of course when Kuz scores 30+ they'll just fall back on how bad he is on defense.

maybe on radio but I've never heard or seen anything like that on TV
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

He is more aggressive, looking to do more like defense and passing the ball this year. But his shot selection and finishing are not as good as last year. Hope he could get more and more comfortable with the new role, new skills and new physicality gradually as the season progresses
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

The defensive improvement we saw toward the end of last season seems to have gone away.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Last game BI played he looked good, finally. I think we're seeing that Kuzma and other young guys aren't flying under the radar anymore. Teams will play Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart tougher, rather than to be surprised by them. We expect shots to fall more consistently for all of them. The rythm will come. Practicing before practice day and night, then staying after practice to work on your game, wears down your legs, and even Svi isn't looking like a great shooter.

When the season starts, Luke will focus more on offense. Fewer players will be learning each other's on court idiosyncrasies. He's worked non-stop in the summer, and now before and after morning and afternoon/evening practices. Soon guys will get a day off now and then and their bodies can recuperate. Shooting will improve for all of them.

Pre season is a time when teams and individuals look bad. They'll figure it things out, and faces in the rotation will change. Kuzma won't be a small ball savior at center, but learning and developing various roles now will be invaluable during the season and in the playoffs.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

He just needed Lonzo to get him going
Getting the ball in space gets him in rhythm I believe.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

His shooting numbers ended up being fine, but he's been missing a lot of gimmes and probably could've put up bigger numbers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The defensive improvement we saw toward the end of last season seems to have gone away.

I don't know if it skipped ur old head but he is trying to play center this preseason

The same preseason where ur boy ad is not playing
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/brkicks/status/1051872063856758784

Quote:
.@kylekuzma will wear the NikeiD Kobe A.D. "Kuzz Kontrol" during NBA Opening Week

Man, those look niiiiiice.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Last game BI played he looked good, finally. I think we're seeing that Kuzma and other young guys aren't flying under the radar anymore. Teams will play Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart tougher, rather than to be surprised by them. We expect shots to fall more consistently for all of them. The rythm will come. Practicing before practice day and night, then staying after practice to work on your game, wears down your legs, and even Svi isn't looking like a great shooter.

When the season starts, Luke will focus more on offense. Fewer players will be learning each other's on court idiosyncrasies. He's worked non-stop in the summer, and now before and after morning and afternoon/evening practices. Soon guys will get a day off now and then and their bodies can recuperate. Shooting will improve for all of them.

Pre season is a time when teams and individuals look bad. They'll figure it things out, and faces in the rotation will change. Kuzma won't be a small ball savior at center, but learning and developing various roles now will be invaluable during the season and in the playoffs.

Huh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 344, 345, 346 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 345 of 880
Jump to: