OFFICIAL KYLE KUZMA'S HAIR THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 744, 745, 746, 747  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3892

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
If he hits his 3s, we will be unbeatable.



Shooting coach messed him up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10749
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
Really happy for him to be a positive factor, maybe this is his role going forward.


This is it. He has to be a hustle-based blue collar guy to contribute to a ring. He simply is not talented or intelligent enough to do anything else at this point in his career.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 1812
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

He's had a couple stretches where he played like he did in this game during the season and if we get this version of him in the Playoffs we are extremely more difficult to beat whether his shots are going down or not. When he's locked in and putting in that extra effort he can do a ton of little things on the floor.

Easily one of the best games of the season for him imo considering the opponent and his overall 2 way affect on the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30276

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Two games against good teams where Kuzma stepped it up, not on offense, but on defense and effort. Love it. He’s not hitting his shots, so he’s doing the dirty work like AC. Kuzma keeps playing like this, and any offense we get from him is just a great bonus. Keep it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 185

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

His offense will come back, that is natural to him, but seeing him develop in other areas is really encouraging.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5490
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

That offseason work and playing on the pre-Olympics team helped him. He has worked on doing the lunch-pail stuff like boards and simple defense. I'll take 8-10 ppg, several boards and descent defense every game.
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: Let's do this...the Lakers are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Still a work in progress, but his work on the defensive end has firmly improved his game. Really going to need him to get at least Luke warm in the playoffs from 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 1134

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject:

10 boards, 1stl, 2blks

If he just embraces his role as a utility guy (and not a consistent 3rd option) and knows what comes with it (ie not anywhere close to a max bag) then I hope he keeps flourishing in that role till we find him a team that is a better fit for him. I hope he continues to do the other things well in the postseason and any scoring will be a plus.

Plus, he’s the “hand of the Kang”...

https://streamable.com/oe3p7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
Still a work in progress, but his work on the defensive end has firmly improved his game. Really going to need him to get at least Luke warm in the playoffs from 3.

He can be an Ariza for us. Solid defense, hustle plays, and hopefully in the playoffs can hit the 3 the way Ariza did for us in ‘09
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7894
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
Still a work in progress, but his work on the defensive end has firmly improved his game. Really going to need him to get at least Luke warm in the playoffs from 3.

He can be an Ariza for us. Solid defense, hustle plays, and hopefully in the playoffs can hit the 3 the way Ariza did for us in ‘09

He has defensive ability that he's taking to the next level as he sees how Caruso is beloved for his d, and how the team benefits from nonstop hustle. He's been written off wayyy too early in this thread and now people are starting to get a glimpse of what difference makers look like.


Last edited by lakersboy on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26603

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
10 boards, 1stl, 2blks

If he just embraces his role as a utility guy (and not a consistent 3rd option) and knows what comes with it (ie not anywhere close to a max bag) then I hope he keeps flourishing in that role till we find him a team that is a better fit for him. I hope he continues to do the other things well in the postseason and any scoring will be a plus.

Plus, he’s the “hand of the Kang”...

https://streamable.com/oe3p7


I think he has been embracing it more and more as the season's progressed. There is unfortunately a huge contingent on LG that refuses to even acknowledge it.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12063

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I thought he would need to be the 3rd option 16-18 ppg type for this team, but maybe not. 10-12 pts with his defense at wing and rebounding is just as impactful and a game changer imo.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7894
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
10 boards, 1stl, 2blks

If he just embraces his role as a utility guy (and not a consistent 3rd option) and knows what comes with it (ie not anywhere close to a max bag) then I hope he keeps flourishing in that role till we find him a team that is a better fit for him. I hope he continues to do the other things well in the postseason and any scoring will be a plus.

Plus, he’s the “hand of the Kang”...

https://streamable.com/oe3p7


I think he has been embracing it more and more as the season's progressed. There is unfortunately a huge contingent on LG that refuses to even acknowledge it.
Sounds like the "he thinks he's better than he is" crowd. Fortunately, a lot of reasonable people see beyond the rhetoric and unrelenting, unappreciative dislike.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 61293

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I just realized he led the team in rebounds today. I didn't see that coming.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11860

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma on the Lakers and Clippers meeting in the playoffs. “It’s going to happen. That’s how the league’s going to make money. It’s going to happen.”

https://twitter.com/latimessports/status/1236792566797852672

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9381

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kyle Kuzma on the Lakers and Clippers meeting in the playoffs. “It’s going to happen. That’s how the league’s going to make money. It’s going to happen.”

https://twitter.com/latimessports/status/1236792566797852672



The league has always favored certain matchups in hopes of creating marketing dollars off of potential or prospective rivalries. This isn't anything new.

It's just more prevalent and obvious then ever.
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 1477
Location: SFValley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
If he hits his 3s, we will be unbeatable.



Shooting coach messed him up.


They don't call him lethal shooter for nothing. He kills jumpshots
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2651

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I thought he would need to be the 3rd option 16-18 ppg type for this team, but maybe not. 10-12 pts with his defense at wing and rebounding is just as impactful and a game changer imo.


Still think his shot needs better footwork but this version of Kuz is a championship caliber player.

Played excellent D on KL and GA in limited minutes...producing on the boards...shots will eventually start dropping again with this type of derermination.

He's gonna come through big for us...best 2 games of the year 3rd was in OKC.
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 860

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Does he still do the feet hopping to get his feet set on 3s that he used to do as a rookie?
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Revenge games: Celtics - ✔️, 76ers - ✔️, Bucks - ✔️, Clippers - ✔️, Raptors - TBD, Pacers - TBD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11041

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Despite shooting poorly he played a nice game tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I thought he would need to be the 3rd option 16-18 ppg type for this team, but maybe not. 10-12 pts with his defense at wing and rebounding is just as impactful and a game changer imo.


I was hoping for that as well, but simply put, he’s just not getting that many looks. It’s ok though if Lebron and AD are dominating.

An added value that has been overlooked has been his ability to really step it up when one of the 2 are out though either via injury or load management. We hate to see it, but that’s a very important role that someone needs to be able to fill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 23105
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Despite shooting poorly he played a nice game tonight.


This. I never really expect him to contribute in all 3 areas (offense, defense, rebounding) in the same game. But if he can contribute in 2 out of the 3 areas. I'll be happy.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2651

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Does he still do the feet hopping to get his feet set on 3s that he used to do as a rookie?


Not nearly as much and this was EXACTLY what Phil was working on with him before the Bucks game...with no success.
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 860

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Does he still do the feet hopping to get his feet set on 3s that he used to do as a rookie?


Not nearly as much and this was EXACTLY what Phil was working on with him before the Bucks game...with no success.


Oh really? Man. I hope he can get it down in the last 20 or so games.
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Revenge games: Celtics - ✔️, 76ers - ✔️, Bucks - ✔️, Clippers - ✔️, Raptors - TBD, Pacers - TBD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24674
Location: #Rentfree in Jim's head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I've been really pleased by his D and work on the boards the last few games. This is something i hammered him for early in the season--his shot isn't falling, what is he doing to be effective? He's finally answering the bell. If his shot can start falling in the postseason? He's a wildcard for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 744, 745, 746, 747  Next
Page 745 of 747
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB