OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 608, 609, 610 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Was just listening to the LFR pod where they talk with Aaron Larsuel. Aaron says Kuz is the hardest working player on the team. Impressive.

Not bad for an overrated guy.

Work ethic has never been an issue with any of our young prospects.. They lacked competent guidance.

I'm honestly not sure what kind of work ethic Lonzo has. If I had to guess I'd say not the greatest.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Was just listening to the LFR pod where they talk with Aaron Larsuel. Aaron says Kuz is the hardest working player on the team. Impressive.

Work ethic has never been an issue with any of our young prospects.. They lacked competent guidance.

I'm honestly not sure what kind of work ethic Lonzo has. If I had to guess I'd say not the greatest.

Dude you couldn’t be more wrong. Lonzo showed up to games and practices and even cut a rap album! Priorities!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Dude you couldn’t be more wrong. Lonzo showed up to games and practices and even cut a rap album! Priorities!

You forgot the TV show..
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Lol. I just remember seeing a clip of him and Kuz working on their free throws with one of the coaches last season. Kuz was locked in, 100% focused with his game face on. Zo was goofing off, dancing around and acting like an idiot. When you see something like that and then see how terrible his free throw shooting was, it doesn't really surprise you. A player's work ethic is something you usually hear about without even trying to. Never really heard anything about Zo's.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

1. BI 2. kuz 3. Hart 4. Bonga 5. Wagner 6. Towel boy 7. Zo
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Lol. I just remember seeing a clip of him and Kuz working on their free throws with one of the coaches last season. Kuz was locked in, 100% focused with his game face on. Zo was goofing off, dancing around and acting like an idiot. When you see something like that and then see how terrible his free throw shooting was, it doesn't really surprise you. A player's work ethic is something you usually hear about without even trying to. Never really heard anything about Zo's.

There was a funny meme/stat that Lonzo had released more singles than made free throws last year. Crazy.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It was Kuz #1 actually.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It was Kuz #1 actually.

It was Randle
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It was Kuz #1 actually.

It was Randle

Maybe, but I wouldn’t take that from you all things considered. I was just referencing the pod from Aaron who travels with the team who said Kuz has been the hardest worker. I’m sure Julius worked hard too.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma asked if he thinks he’ll be able to throw down dunks like LeBron’s at age 34: “Me? I can barely dunk now.”
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It was Kuz #1 actually.

It was Randle

It took Randle 2 or 3 years before he got himself into top condition. I remember stamina was an issue as he would gas during games.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject:

Anyone else catch the Kings targeting Kuzma on defense on that next-to-last play? Then Vogel took him out for the last play. Thats good coaching
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Anyone else catch the Kings targeting Kuzma on defense on that next-to-last play? Then Vogel took him out for the last play. Thats good coaching

Vogel has made some very smart decisions this year. Many coaches would not play Caruso, but Frank figured out real quick that Alex brings intangibles that do not show up on the box score.

Kuzma had a decent defensive game though. I do not like him in the clutch against big fowards though. They will eat him alive. He needs to stay on the smaller guys he can use his length against. If not, then need to take him out. Our quicker lineup that can close could be AD, Lebron, Green, Caruso and Bradley (when AB is back) or KCP until AB is back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Vogel has made some very smart decisions this year. Many coaches would not play Caruso, but Frank figured out real quick that Alex brings intangibles that do not show up on the box score.

Kuzma had a decent defensive game though. I do not like him in the clutch against big fowards though. They will eat him alive. He needs to stay on the smaller guys he can use his length against. If not, then need to take him out. Our quicker lineup that can close could be AD, Lebron, Green, Caruso and Bradley (when AB is back) or KCP until AB is back.

AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Can kuzma even play defense against the smaller and even quicker guards? His defensive stance leaves a lot to be desired. I am wondering if he has even be taught about basic defensive fundamentals
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Can kuzma even play defense against the smaller and even quicker guards? His defensive stance leaves a lot to be desired. I am wondering if he has even be taught about basic defensive fundamentals

To his credit, and for what it's worth, he's put more effort than ever on D. It's noticeably more effort. He just doesn't have that dog/killer in him that makes guys like AD, Bradley, Dwight, even LeBron, etc in him that gives them enjoyment in shutting someone down and demoralizing them with suffocating D. But I suppose that's okay.. not every player is perfect. Curry isn't a good defender but he's good enough to not get exposed every play down come June.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It was Kuz #1 actually.

It was Randle

Maybe, but I wouldn’t take that from you all things considered. I was just referencing the pod from Aaron who travels with the team who said Kuz has been the hardest worker. I’m sure Julius worked hard too.

If you have the ability of sight then you know how hard Julius works.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Kuzma wasn’t decent defensively last night, KIROE noted in the game thread that the Kings isolated on him to the point of 10 points in 5 minutes. Luke knew where to attack.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

He can’t guard the quicker guards but he shouldn’t be put in that position.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

He can’t guard the quicker guards but he shouldn’t be put in that position.

I think Kuz has more potential to guard smaller wings. He can concede a cushion to prevent his man from blowing by yet has a deceptively long standing reach + wingspan to close in and challenge a pull up shot.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Kuzma wasn’t decent defensively last night, KIROE noted in the game thread that the Kings isolated on him to the point of 10 points in 5 minutes. Luke knew where to attack.

He is not a great man defender, but he is not allowing players to take easy open shots anymore. When he first came back he was not contesting shots. Now he is a bit more. I do not expect him to be a good defender any time soon because of his history and youth. However if he even contests and shows he is willing to move his feet, for me that is a win. We definitely will need to sub him out when we need lockdown D.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

He needs to cut more and move off the ball, I am seeing a lot of standing around just waiting for the ball
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I was thinking that last night. When it seems like we needed more shooting, he stuck with KCP and Caruso. He's definitely a defensive coach.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

Kuz was getting cooked in the first half. They were attacking him hard. They attacked him too on the Kings last play where Bogdanovic made a layup against him.

He did have some good moments in the 2nd half defensively, against Bogdanovic particularly one time.

Effort is not his problem on defense, rather just poor technique and slow feet/hips.

On rebounding on the other hand, he watches and waits for the ball too often instead of finding a man to box out.

Overall I am glad he's at least getting a rhythm on offense. I was getting nervous that lethalshooter completely broke his shot/confidence.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It was Kuz #1 actually.

nope, don't rewrite narrative cause Kuz is the only one left. Ingram was known as the hardest worker on the team, and stated so by multiple organization members.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 608, 609, 610 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 609 of 880
Jump to: