OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Shaq on First Take:

"It would be nice if the Lakers get another superstar. However, there's a guy on their team that has all-star potential. That's Kyle Kuzma. He definitely has to take advantage of playing with LeBron and AD, he has to be the 3rd all-star."
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Shaq on First Take:

"It would be nice if the Lakers get another superstar. However, there's a guy on their team that has all-star potential. That's Kyle Kuzma. He definitely has to take advantage of playing with LeBron and AD, he has to be the 3rd all-star."

Damn, Kuzma is like Bill Clinton in Family Guy. He can make anyone sleep with him!
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
So, Kuzma ended up outlasting Ingram, Ball, Russell, Randle, Nance, Clarkson, Hart, etc. of all the Lakers young guys since 2014.

Yup. A big reason is his cheap contract

Plus, you know, he can do things like drop 41 points in just three quarters against a team.

DB FOR THE WIN!

YES!

#BannersOverBillboards
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
So, Kuzma ended up outlasting Ingram, Ball, Russell, Randle, Nance, Clarkson, Hart, etc. of all the Lakers young guys since 2014.

Yup. A big reason is his cheap contract

Plus, you know, he can do things like drop 41 points in just three quarters against a team.

DB FOR THE WIN!

YES!

Combination of both.
Not just about money as Josh Hart wasn't kept.
Not just about skill, as BI and Zo weren't kept.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

Kuzma, you'd better be taking 500 short-corner 3's a day, you are gonna feast with all those open looks!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Kuzma, you'd better be taking 500 short-corner 3's a day, you are gonna feast with all those open looks!

If he gets back to being a 37% 3 point shooter (like his rookie yr) and improves his team defense and hits the boards harder he will be borderline all star talent. All things that are reasonable for him to improve on with a better coaching staff now and 2 HOF teammates with Bron/AD
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I like Kyle but I would've preferred him to go before Ingram. I think Ingram will be a better all-around player. You can't teach his length, especially on defense. He really could be the poor man's Durant. He will also show up down the stretch of games.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
I like Kyle but I would've preferred him to go before Ingram. I think Ingram will be a better all-around player. You can't teach his length, especially on defense. He really could be the poor man's Durant. He will also show up down the stretch of games.

Ingram never stood a chance. He cost too much $
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Shaq on First Take:

Damn, Kuzma is like Bill Clinton in Family Guy. He can make anyone sleep with him!

Shaq has been in love with Kuz for a while now.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

If he gets back to being a 37% 3 point shooter (like his rookie yr) and improves his team defense and hits the boards harder he will be borderline all star talent. All things that are reasonable for him to improve on with a better coaching staff now and 2 HOF teammates with Bron/AD

Honestly, I'm not optimistic about him accomplishing these goals, but I really hope he proves me wrong.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Honestly, I'm not optimistic about him accomplishing these goals, but I really hope he proves me wrong.

Why not? He will be in a much better offensive and defensive system under Vogel, he has a dedicated shooting coach now, and he will have easier opportunities with AD here.
lesluthor
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

He has an alpha dog mentality...playing with 2 superstars who both command double teams, Kuz will have a field day shooting uncontested 3's and cutting to the basket for easy deuces.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject:

Whether we get a big 3 or not. Teams are gonna pick and roll Kuzma to death. It's the nature of the beast. He's an easy target when compared to Bron or AD.

I never worry about his offense. But watching Paul Millsap wear him like a sweater and grab offensive rebound after offensive rebound this year made my blood boil.
Good news is, before he got injured this year, he turned a corner and started hitting the defensive glass with purpose. Hope he can build on that this upcoming season.

The defense is what it is though. He struggles to guard his man without fouling. Most I can reasonably hope for is him improving enough to be league average.

If he wants to close games on a championship team. He needs to hit open shots (completely do-able) and defend (iffy). That's what TOR and GS have had at every position (for their closing 5) on championship teams.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Shaq on First Take:

So does Kobe, Jeannie...they even had him represent us on the lottery.

He shot poorly but that can change.

What will never change is his confidence.

I never saw any of our pups attempting to dunk on Embiid, AD and the Freak.

Never saw anyone push Bron to position.

Never saw anyone not pass to Bron for the go ahead basket and make it himself.

Never saw anyone not pass to Bron on the break and dunk the ball himself.

The guy is a dog.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Whether we get a big 3 or not. Teams are gonna pick and roll Kuzma to death. It's the nature of the beast. He's an easy target when compared to Bron or AD.

I never worry about his offense. But watching Paul Millsap wear him like a sweater and grab offensive rebound after offensive rebound this year made my blood boil.
Good news is, before he got injured this year, he turned a corner and started hitting the defensive glass with purpose. Hope he can build on that this upcoming season.

The defense is what it is though. He struggles to guard his man without fouling. Most I can reasonably hope for is him improving enough to be league average.

If he wants to close games on a championship team. He needs to hit open shots (completely do-able) and defend (iffy). That's what TOR and GS have had at every position (for their closing 5) on championship teams.

Well Hollins doesn’t believe in switching every time so that helps Kuzm
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Shaq on First Take:

The guy is a dog.
I was watching The Jump yesterday and Scotty Pippen was very high on Kuzma as well.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I also expect the Lakers to pick up another guy who can be a starting center, weather McGee or whoever. AD will play a combo of C/PF, so Kuzma is probably going to play more of a combo of PF/SF and may even be more of a sixth man than a permanent starting PF.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

I love Kuz and hope he is working on his game. Some think he is already at or close to his ceiling. We need him to step up this season whether we get another star or not.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Shaq on First Take:

The guy is a dog.

Kuz is an alpha dog
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I also expect the Lakers to pick up another guy who can be a starting center, weather McGee or whoever. AD will play a combo of C/PF, so Kuzma is probably going to play more of a combo of PF/SF and may even be more of a sixth man than a permanent starting PF.

Yea I don’t want him starting games but I want him finishing games with AD at center but I want Brook to come here and start games.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I love Kuz and hope he is working on his game. Some think he is already at or close to his ceiling. We need him to step up this season whether we get another star or not.

If Kuz can become an efficient shooter again and play even average D, his ceiling is exponentially higher IMO

And I think Kuz knows how big this year is for us, and him. He wanted to be a star and now he's going to be a 3rd/4th guy and a title team.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/KarriKuzma/status/1141454305867784192?s=19

What is iiiiiiit?!?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Lol, Kuz trolling the Lakers fanbase with those 2 tweets xD

"The first tweet has 6 sets of eyes, the second only 3, what does it mean!!!???"
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

At least hes not kissing Linda, Jeanie or brons ass in these tweets. Nice for a change
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lol, Kuz trolling the Lakers fanbase with those 2 tweets xD

"The first tweet has 6 sets of eyes, the second only 3, what does it mean!!!???"

easy.

they were 6 left...Bron, AD, Kuz, Mo, Bonga and JJ.

now only 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 527 of 880
Jump to: