OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 628, 629, 630 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I knew Kuzma would disappoint when people started talking about him being a 3rd option. What he is, is a guy who can get hot every 3 or 4 games. When that happens, ride it. When he's not shooting well bench him for more well rounded players. He's a role player, that doesn't have to be bad.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Only one egregiously bad defensive play today I can remember. He tagged down on KAT and left a man wide open in the corner when a man was already tagging down low. Other than that, he was solid on D even if guys scored over him a couple of times. Still trying to find his spots on offense, but he didn’t force much and just tried to help the team.

Yeah, we know he can score and his defense has been impressive (for him) so far
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

My point is that when he is on offense he could just be more engaged and passionate about playing. He just goes and stands in the corner knowing he probably won't get the ball. He needs to be slashing and cutting to the basket, setting screens, etc. and he should be pumped when his teammates score, like the rest of the team. He just pouts and shows no emotion or excitement.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
My point is that when he is on offense he could just be more engaged and passionate about playing. He just goes and stands in the corner knowing he probably won't get the ball. He needs to be slashing and cutting to the basket, setting screens, etc. and he should be pumped when his teammates score, like the rest of the team. He just pouts and shows no emotion or excitement.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject:

One of the times he was in the corner he did look to slash to the basket, but Lebron waved him back into the corner. Everybody was on the perimeter on that play but I think it ended up as a Lebron 3 attempt anyway. I think Lebron just likes to see all that space sometimes and Kuz cutting would have ruined it. I don't think it helps that Kuz struggles to get separation on a lot of those cuts, Rondo ignores him a lot of the time

At the moment Kuz is still looking to find his feet, but I think it will come. He can easily score points but he's struggling to do it in the flow of the offense. Still a potential X-factor in the playoffs.

People are looking to trade him but I'm still really not happy with the idea of no back up forwards on the bench other than Dudley
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
One of the times he was in the corner he did look to slash to the basket, but Lebron waved him back into the corner. Everybody was on the perimeter on that play but I think it ended up as a Lebron 3 attempt anyway. I think Lebron just likes to see all that space sometimes and Kuz cutting would have ruined it. I don't think it helps that Kuz struggles to get separation on a lot of those cuts, Rondo ignores him a lot of the time

At the moment Kuz is still looking to find his feet, but I think it will come. He can easily score points but he's struggling to do it in the flow of the offense. Still a potential X-factor in the playoffs.

People are looking to trade him but I'm still really not happy with the idea of no back up forwards on the bench other than Dudley

@3:26

Bad memory.
How could you forget what happen after LeBron waved Kuz back?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
drae wrote:

@3:26

Bad memory.
How could you forget what happen after LeBron waved Kuz back?

Ohhhhhhh, THAT'S why he waved Kuz back
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
What the hell is this guy doing out there?

Guy was seriously playing like he was hungover and could careless. I want him to succeed, but he was completely disengaged tonight. Wasn’t even excited when his teammates did well. Really seems like he is all about himself.

You mean, like Lebron. It was a Sunday game. Remember, the Sundays we got blow up by Raptors & Mavs.

This is a historically bad day for Lakers to play. Remember Odom's Sundays, Metta's sundays, Clarkson sundays, Nick Young sundays, Lonzo's sundays.

For me, he played very good defense salvaging with Caruso the abysmal defense by Cook and Daniels. In offense, he just did not interfere with our 1st option
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

I think our team is deep enough and talented enough that we wouldn't need Kuz to beat the best teams in the league. Lets see if I'm right comes Christmas. Another one of our draft products down the drain.

Imagine if AD didn't ask for a trade, we'd still be having Lonzo as our starting guard right now. Scary. That's why I don't feel bad about trading away our draft picks. Like, if we could get any value back for them, I'm happy.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

at his contract being the 3rd best bench player isnt too bad. Its when hes due for an extension that I think we should trade him
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is like the ***tty flat-line stock that you held for last 10 years, while watching the S&P 500 trippled. Absolutely cannot trade him now. Like the ***tty stock, his POTENTIAL remains.

Kidding aside, I remain very hopeful for Kuz. Thinking of Caruso 10 months ago, and Caruso now, gives me more hope.

Could someone who knows more basketball than I explains WTF happens to his sweet runners/floaters? Seriously why don't we see it anymore? The other day he dribbled into the lane, saw gap to basket, but took the ball back out instead of attacking. As if he was afraid of failure and not be aggressive when he should be.

Last edited by cannga11 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
at his contract being the 3rd best bench player isnt too bad. Its when hes due for an extension that I think we should trade him

That would mean holding him until he trade deadline next season (2020-21).

If his role at the time is a good but not great bench player, they won't get much for him in a trade.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I know everyone is concerned about Kuz, but the guy is simply trying to fit into this radically remade team that was already winning when he returned from injury. Its just going to take time. As soon as he got going a little bit he had the eye injury which is pretty scary. He will be fine. Vogel, James, Rondo and the rest of the chiefs are trying to integrate him at their pace. Not point in upsetting the apple cart when the team is playing so well.

We will need Kuz's scoring.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma has never been an IQ player in the sense that he scans the floor, makes the correct play. Instead, he has been a gun slinger with no lack of confidence.

Right now, Kuzma is overthinking. Hes trying to make reads/reactions but stumbles over his own feet in doing so. He is very self aware and trying not to make mistakes. We dont need that from him.

His confidence level needs to go back to gunslinger mode. Stop overthinking
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Just noticed the title of this thread is "Kuzmania." This is where we used to be with this guy and he was no doubt aware of it. And now Caruso has replaced him as the fan favorite. Even LeBron put up a "the Threeheaded Monster" meme on his IG with AC. Kuz doesn't want to fit in, he wants his old spot back. I don't think he's getting it.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Give him 30 games to get his rhythm.

I think this 5 game road trip will do wonders for him.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

It's not a rhythm thing, it's a volume thing. After AD and Lebron "eat" the offense is equal opportunity. The days of him getting 15 shots a game are gone.

The inconsistent scoring would be fine if he was making an impact in other ways (Playmaking, rebounding, D). Again, not a rhythm thing.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is on a very team friendly contract and when you consider this he is meeting or exceeding his salary.
If he was making over 3M a year than there would be cause for complaint.

If Kuzma just keeps this up as a good role player that gets hot and plays average defense he will be worth his salary.
The same would be said of Howard. He is providing beyond his salary.

To expect a third option for the price you are paying Kuzma is not real.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

It's not a rhythm thing, it's a volume thing. After AD and Lebron "eat" the offense is equal opportunity. The days of him getting 15 shots a game are gone.

The inconsistent scoring would be fine if he was making an impact in other ways (Playmaking, rebounding, D). Again, not a rhythm thing.

They need to run some plays for him to get him going.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

He's the red headed step child right now. Nobody wants to pass to him and for good reason. I just don't trust that Kuzma can contribute much in the playoffs with his low BBIQ and lack of hustle.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Kuzma has never been an IQ player in the sense that he scans the floor, makes the correct play. Instead, he has been a gun slinger with no lack of confidence.

Right now, Kuzma is overthinking. Hes trying to make reads/reactions but stumbles over his own feet in doing so. He is very self aware and trying not to make mistakes. We dont need that from him.

His confidence level needs to go back to gunslinger mode. Stop overthinking

I agree. His first priority is to improve his defense and rebounding. But when it comes to shooting, Kuz should just be a chucker. He shoots better that way.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

He has to do what fisher, fox, Horry, Odom, Bynum, artest did when they were here winning championships and that’s simply do the other things. Both those squads had two top dogs and everyone else played their role and did it very well. If Kuz can come to terms with that and understand it, he can play more loose and not uptight a lot. Let the game come to him not the other way around. We don’t need him scoring 18 a game anymore
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Q: when we're averaging 133 ppg over the last three games, why do we need to get him going?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Q: when we're averaging 133 ppg over the last three games, why do we need to get him going?

Do you expect to average 133 ppg for the season?

If you do, then I could understand your position on the matter.

Me personally? I do not. And i think there is value in having a third option. But you don’t have a third option if you don’t run plays for them.

As far as why, Kuz has a couple moves in particular that allows easy, high percentage looks. That’s generally what we want, and so, I think it would be good to run some of those for him.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Do you expect to average 133 ppg for the season?

If you do, then I could understand your position on the matter.

Me personally? I do not. And i think there is value in having a third option. But you don’t have a third option if you don’t run plays for them.

As far as why, Kuz has a couple moves in particular that allows easy, high percentage looks. That’s generally what we want, and so, I think it would be good to run some of those for him.

The point of my question is that the offense has looked good with guys scoring without having plays run for them, or find other ways to be impactful if they are not. Maybe we don't average 130 all season, but we're a top 5 offense right now. If we have a weakness, it's not having a third guy that can create for himself + others, something that would enable LeBron and AD to catch more rest. Kuzma is not that guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 628, 629, 630 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 629 of 880
Jump to: