OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Sojo wrote:
If you think Kuz isn't trying on D you ain't watching the game and only reacting to miscues here and there that everyone on this team falls for unfournately.

Disappointed in his scoring? Hell ya but I ain't gonna clown on the effort he's putting on the defensive end, that's for sure.

I can tell you this though, they need to figure out how to get him out of his funk where he tries to makes the "good" pass when he really should go for his own shot. He seems hesitant more than ever before.

The best wayfor him to get out of the funk is for the coach to actually run plays for him. Set some picks just like the play we run with AB and KCP. give him the opportunity to make some plays. If you watch the game we basically don't run plays for Kuz. Get get his bucket from kick out or if he cuts at the right moment. Coach has not incorporated him yet, I believe Vogel will as the season move forward, producing to a better production from Kuz.

They did run a couple of plays for Kuzma last night coming out of TOs, iirc. That’s more than a lot of other Lakers get. With AD and Lebron on the floor, Kuzma needs to find a way to fit in and prove he deserves more.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Sojo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Funny thing is, what if Kuz embraced the Horry role?

Hit 3s, spread the floor, try to be a nuisance on defense (even though Horry wasn't the greatest defender)?

I think Horry/Kuz have some similarities in terms of body build (floating at both forward spots).

This I can certainly see. He's a bit more athletic than Horry (but man Horry was sneaky)

Horry was an incredible athlete. He came into the league as a guy who was a dunk o matic. Kuzma isn’t in the same league athletically as Horry.

THIS. Horry not as good a scorer as Kuzma!? Horry in Houston was a monster. He was way more athletic back then and was more of a go to scorer. Kuzma isn't close to Horry right now. Hopefully, he becomes close.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Don't ever compare Kuz to Horry again, please. Thanks. It's an insult to a man with 7 rings and one of the greatest role players ever.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Did Horry ever create his own shot? Remember when Rob was dominating on offense with his career high 12 ppg?

Anyway, Horry was a way better defender than Kuz will ever be.
But Kuz has Horry on offense IMO. No way can I see Kuz playing like Horry on offense.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Hit 3s, spread the floor, try to be a nuisance on defense (even though Horry wasn't the greatest defender)?

I think Horry/Kuz have some similarities in terms of body build (floating at both forward spots).

Horry came into the league with defensive ability Kuzma will never reach. He played SF in his first couple years but still had Defensive and total rebounding %s comparable to Kuz (playing the 4). Don't even get me started on blocks and steals. It's not close. And this is Horry at the 3.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

He doesn't fit on this team. On a title contender coming off the bench playing 25 minutes, he doesn't do anything well enough to be a main factor.

Shooting: not good enough
Defense: certainly not good enough
Intangibles/IQ: weak

What did he prove early in his career? He can score when shooting in volume on a team with low expectations.

He should be getting easier looks at least playing with some of our passers, but he seems out of his element.

Lakers should trade him for a difference maker. When Bradley comes back, you have 5 guards (Bradley, KCP, Green, Rondo and Carushow) deserving minutes. Package one of the pricier ones (KCP, Bradley, Green) with Kuzma for something of value. A 3 and D forward for instance.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
He doesn't fit on this team. On a title contender coming off the bench playing 25 minutes, he doesn't do anything well enough to be a main factor.

Shooting: not good enough
Defense: certainly not good enough
Intangibles/IQ: weak

What did he prove early in his career? He can score when shooting in volume on a team with low expectations.

He should be getting easier looks at least playing with some of our passers, but he seems out of his element.

Lakers should trade him for a difference maker. When Bradley comes back, you have 5 guards (Bradley, KCP, Green, Rondo and Carushow) deserving minutes. Package one of the pricier ones (KCP, Bradley, Green) with Kuzma for something of value. A 3 and D forward for instance.

If we can trade him on a buy low deal for Steph Curry, we’d be SET in the second half.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Sojo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This I can certainly see. He's a bit more athletic than Horry (but man Horry was sneaky)

Horry was an incredible athlete. He came into the league as a guy who was a dunk o matic. Kuzma isn’t in the same league athletically as Horry.

I'm talking about the old version of Horry.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Sojo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You were also talking about the Horry role.

*sigh*
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Sojo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

*sigh*

Sort of. Body type, floater b/w two forward spots.

Agreed with folks about his defense/clutch shooting, etc.

If Kuz would embrace a lot of things that Horry did, could find an amazing niche role.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

Horry/Kuzma comparisons one of the worst ones I've read on this forum. Might as well compare Shaq to McGee
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Horry/Kuzma comparisons one of the worst ones I've read on this forum. Might as well compare Shaq to McGee

I won't defend that one. I was just noting he's no Rashard Lewis. Of course Horry is a stud, but am trying to find a comp who has a similar body type and a role that Kuz can follow.

I think Kuz thinks he's a 25ppg scorer. Just doesn't have the tools for that.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Sojo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

*sigh*

Sort of. Body type, floater b/w two forward spots.

Agreed with folks about his defense/clutch shooting, etc.

If Kuz would embrace a lot of things that Horry did, could find an amazing niche role.

Well which is it? Haha

Are you looking for player body type? Play style? Or role? Haha.

Playing the Horry role has nothing to do with being like Horry. Danny Green kind of plays the Horry role for us, for example.

Don’t think Kuz is the right person for the Horry role on this squad. Too young. that role is a mindset more than skillset imo.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

I won't defend that one. I was just noting he's no Rashard Lewis. Of course Horry is a stud, but am trying to find a comp who has a similar body type and a role that Kuz can follow.

Horry was an integral and I mean INTEGRAL part of those title teams. Guy was a winner. Not just talking about clutch shots either. Guy did it all. Intangibles were through the roof, Kuzma can't even keep his man in front of him.

Horry for Club Ced Ceballos is one of the all time underrated biggest heists in NBA history courtesy of one Jerry West.

Kuzma reminds me a lot of Ceballos actually.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

His defensive awareness needs much improvement. He lost his man for two easy lobs as soon as he entered (Juancho Hernangomez once and another player). Hopefully he snaps out of it soon, we're going to need that 3rd scorer.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I’ve preached this for two years Bro. That’s more how he was in college IIRC. He played a more well-rounded game. He’s too Hollywood for that role. Perhaps he just needs a little serving of DLo humble pie. Fingers crossed he either steps up and finds some consistency in what he DOES do well or at least has a nice stretch that can rebuild his trade value. I’d love to find a good young guard to trade him for simply due to fit and him playing the same position as our two best players.

SoMe one mentioned Bogdan Bogdanovic from Sactown. Hed be a tremendous get imo.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

I wonder if he misses the good old days when he could score a bunch of points for a losing team: https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/11/30/20989475/lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-bench-role-sixth-man-veteran-leadership
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I’ve preached this for two years Bro. That’s more how he was in college IIRC. He played a more well-rounded game. He’s too Hollywood for that role. Perhaps he just needs a little serving of DLo humble pie. Fingers crossed he either steps up and finds some consistency in what he DOES do well or at least has a nice stretch that can rebuild his trade value. I’d love to find a good young guard to trade him for simply due to fit and him playing the same position as our two best players.

SoMe one mentioned Bogdan Bogdanovic from Sactown. Hed be a tremendous get imo.

(1-10)
PG - Bogdanovic - Trey Burke
SG - Bradley - Caruso
C - Davis - Howard
PF - James - Ryan Anderson
SF - Green - Iguodala

(11-17)
PG - Demetrius Jackson
SG - Zach Norvell Jr. - Payton
C - Devontae Cacok - Antetekounmpo
PF - Travis Wear
SF - Josh Jackson

Last edited by Joe Pesci on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Horry was an integral and I mean INTEGRAL part of those title teams. Guy was a winner. Not just talking about clutch shots either. Guy did it all. Intangibles were through the roof, Kuzma can't even keep his man in front of him.

Horry for Club Ced Ceballos is one of the all time underrated biggest heists in NBA history courtesy of one Jerry West.

Kuzma reminds me a lot of Ceballos actually.

So all we have to do is trade kuz for a Robert Horry type.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:

He was being compared to Klay at one point. A few posters were trying really hard to sell that.

Last edited by kobe_4_mvp on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Would you trade kuz for lonzo right about now?
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Kuz needs to be a volume shooter. We’ve got too many vets ahead of him. He needs one big break out game and maybe that will get his mojo back. He looks hesitant out there. His roll needs to be offensive punch a la Lou will. This will only come if he starts to take more initiative and not care if he gets the evil eye from the vets. Scared money don’t make none
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Kuz needs to be a volume shooter. We’ve got too many vets ahead of him. He needs one big break out game and maybe that will get his mojo back. He looks hesitant out there. His roll needs to be offensive punch a la Lou will. This will only come if he starts to take more initiative and not care if he gets the evil eye from the vets. Scared money don’t make none

Are you more worried about Kuzma’s next contract or the Lakers winning their next championship?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

People who read your OP re: Horry know what you meant. There are people jumping into the middle of the discussion thinking we are comparing Kuzma and Horry. The question is can/should Kuz grow into the ROLE Horry played for us, and I think it's a good question.

I think that might be his sweet spot for this team. Horry was the master of doing the little things. I think Kuz already has the clutch gene, he just needs to put his hard hat on and play more blue collar on defense. Forget about trying to be the 20ppg guy. Seems he's trying to force himself into that 3rd option role.

I think it's a more realistic question than Kuz growing into the Odom role. That is just way outside of his skillset and it'll never happen.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
textbook wrote:

Are you more worried about Kuzma’s next contract or the Lakers winning their next championship?

His next contract of course!

Don’t we need kuzma to be that Lou will scorer off the bench to win the championship?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 624 of 880
Jump to: