OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

In a meaningful games (ie. the playoffs) against PFs with strong offensive repitoires, Kuzma's minutes will be limited to 15-18 minutes.

In other games his minutes will be right under 30 minutes (25-29 mins).

Until he learns to become a decent defender, he'll be a role-player who gets 20-25 minutes a game ... and that's fine. He'll still help the Lakers a great deal in that role. They need his offense in that specific role.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
Kuz was getting cooked in the first half. They were attacking him hard. They attacked him too on the Kings last play where Bogdanovic made a layup against him.

He did have some good moments in the 2nd half defensively, against Bogdanovic particularly one time.

Effort is not his problem on defense, rather just poor technique and slow feet/hips.

On rebounding on the other hand, he watches and waits for the ball too often instead of finding a man to box out.

Overall I am glad he's at least getting a rhythm on offense. I was getting nervous that lethalshooter completely broke his shot/confidence.

Dont you think hes old coach knew who was the weak link
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
Kuz was getting cooked in the first half. They were attacking him hard. They attacked him too on the Kings last play where Bogdanovic made a layup against him.

He did have some good moments in the 2nd half defensively, against Bogdanovic particularly one time.

Effort is not his problem on defense, rather just poor technique and slow feet/hips.

On rebounding on the other hand, he watches and waits for the ball too often instead of finding a man to box out.

Overall I am glad he's at least getting a rhythm on offense. I was getting nervous that lethalshooter completely broke his shot/confidence.

The Lakers as a team were "cooked" and "attacked" in the first half. Because this is a Kuzma thread we focus on him but they were getting torched by various Kings. Caruso, a highly regarded defensive player, was getting abused by Bogdanovic iirc on 3 straight possessions. To say that they attacked Kuzma doesn't paint an accurate picture. The Lakers didn't have a consistent solution to control him because he was making ridiculous shots. Also the Kings are one of the top 3 point shooting teams in the league and that's saying more about the Kings and less about bad defense.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:

The Lakers as a team were "cooked" and "attacked" in the first half. Because this is a Kuzma thread we focus on him but they were getting torched by various Kings. Caruso, a highly regarded defensive player, was getting abused by Bogdanovic iirc on 3 straight possessions. To say that they attacked Kuzma doesn't paint an accurate picture. The Lakers didn't have a consistent solution to control him because he was making ridiculous shots. Also the Kings are one of the top 3 point shooting teams in the league and that's saying more about the Kings and less about bad defense.

Yes this is a Kuzma thread, and Caruso isn't immune from criticism.

Caruso is a solid defender IMO because he makes the other guys work, takes charges and all around hustle. He's not a 100% guard the other team's best player and shut them down type of defender.
-Caruso had 3 steals last night. Caruso is tied for 10th in the NBA in steals (1.3stls/gm) playing 20 minutes per game.
-Caruso is 9th in the NBA in total charges drawn

Bogdanovic had a particularly good night against Caruso, but Caruso made him work for it. Bog hit three 3s (1 w/ foot on line) with Caruso right in his face.

Kuzma is in the unfortunate situation in that the other PF on this team is Anthony Davis who is a DPOY candidate, so it's easy to compare Kuzma's defense because they play the same position.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
He needs to cut more and move off the ball, I am seeing a lot of standing around just waiting for the ball

That’s not his game. Kind of surprising. I’ve been off the NBA for a minute. Too much work lately.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Was just listening to the LFR pod where they talk with Aaron Larsuel. Aaron says Kuz is the hardest working player on the team. Impressive.

Not bad for an overrated guy.

Work ethic has never been an issue with any of our young prospects.. They lacked competent guidance.

I'm honestly not sure what kind of work ethic Lonzo has. If I had to guess I'd say not the greatest.

Dude you couldn’t be more wrong. Lonzo showed up to games and practices and even cut a rap album! Priorities!

1. BI 2. kuz 3. Hart 4. Bonga 5. Wagner 6. Towel boy 7. Zo

It was Kuz #1 actually.

nope, don't rewrite narrative cause Kuz is the only one left. Ingram was known as the hardest worker on the team, and stated so by multiple organization members.

BI is the one who doesn't strike me as a pretty boy among the bunch. Worrying about hair, fashion, tweeting, Instagramming, rapping, etc. His game is the brightest right now too.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I see fans are still dumb enough to think that a player who has hobbies outside of basketball has a poor work ethic.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I see fans are still dumb enough to think that a player who has hobbies outside of basketball has a poor work ethic.

Are ppl really bagging on kuzma

Why? He is just finding his game again and is already what he was meant to be.......the 3rd scorer of the team

He is NEVER going to be AD never

AD is one of the top 5 players in the league
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

I think the poster was simply trying to make a point that Bi has in fact been singled out numerous times for being the hardest worker of the kids (they all seemed like gym rats to me tbh) and that he didn’t really fall for the things that a lot of the other kids do. He’s more business than pleasure. I didn’t really take it as the poster was trying to bash.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
AD23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Was just listening to the LFR pod where they talk with Aaron Larsuel. Aaron says Kuz is the hardest working player on the team. Impressive.

Not bad for an overrated guy.

Work ethic has never been an issue with any of our young prospects.. They lacked competent guidance.

I'm honestly not sure what kind of work ethic Lonzo has. If I had to guess I'd say not the greatest.

Dude you couldn’t be more wrong. Lonzo showed up to games and practices and even cut a rap album! Priorities!

1. BI 2. kuz 3. Hart 4. Bonga 5. Wagner 6. Towel boy 7. Zo

It was Kuz #1 actually.

It was Randle

Nah. I’ve not seen anything from his game beside the bully ball. His footwork still leave a lot to be desired of. His shooting still looks like a lotto shot despite extending his range. Defense still need a light bulb thought it was better when he was with us.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

That's my preference. All else being equal in terms of talent, I'll take the dude who isn't making rap albums and filming reality shows over the dude who is. All else being equal, give me the dude who doesn't give a eff about how pretty his head looks over the dude who does.

It's like going to a job interview with tatoos all over your face. You might be the smartest candidate and it would be DUMB for the interviewer to pass up on you, right? But how would he know? Impressions count.

But hey, that's me, I'm dumb.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Anyone else catch the Kings targeting Kuzma on defense on that next-to-last play? Then Vogel took him out for the last play. Thats good coaching

They are switching everything until they had Kuz. Luke basically knew where to attack . That should be a learning experience for Kuz that defensively, he need to get better.

The problem is Kuz need to know personnel. You can’t overreact to every shake and bake if you know where the players strongly side is .
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
He needs to cut more and move off the ball, I am seeing a lot of standing around just waiting for the ball

That is his strength
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
In a meaningful games (ie. the playoffs) against PFs with strong offensive repitoires, Kuzma's minutes will be limited to 15-18 minutes.

Until he learns to become a decent defender, he'll be a role-player who gets 20-25 minutes a game ... and that's fine. He'll still help the Lakers a great deal in that role. They need his offense in that specific role.

Yes, in the first half even though Sac was targeting him on defense, he was the only one able to score. You have to keep him in and take the bad with the good.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Yes, in the first half even though Sac was targeting him on defense, he was the only one able to score. You have to keep him in and take the bad with the good.

Yup just like your Clippers do with Lou.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Way to advance the conversation there, Bud
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Like Ventura ever advanced the conversation.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Like Ventura ever advanced the conversation.

Argue his points..or don’t. Enough with the fu**ing insults, already
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

In the words of Forrest Gump....
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Judah wrote:

That's my preference. All else being equal in terms of talent, I'll take the dude who isn't making rap albums and filming reality shows over the dude who is. All else being equal, give me the dude who doesn't give a eff about how pretty his head looks over the dude who does.

It's like going to a job interview with tatoos all over your face. You might be the smartest candidate and it would be DUMB for the interviewer to pass up on you, right? But how would he know? Impressions count.

But hey, that's me, I'm dumb.

I mean, considering the fact that none of that crap you just went on about had anything to do with my point, yes, I suppose it's possible that you are.

I don't care about the debate you guys were so invested in about which young guy you would "take" or who has the stronger work ethic. You must've thought I was speaking in code or something? I wasn't. The only point I was making was exactly what I said, which is that it's dumb to assume that a player having a hobby outside of basketball (i.e. rapping) has a poor work ethic. That's about as stupid as it gets. Basketball can be their profession and the most important thing they do while simultaneously having hobbies outside of it. People expect these guys to be all about basketball 24/7 and it's just absurd and unrealistic.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

As I was saying that 3 point shot is everything for him in being effective as a 3rd guy.

Liked his defensive effort today. Sometimes he is just out matched physically, but against guys like Parker he really moved his feet and did not let him take anything easy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

It took a while to get into rhythm, but once he did he showed he's our Lou Williams

17 points, reliable 3 point shot, a great dunk IIRC, and 5 rebounds
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Depends on the circumstances, but a lot of times I see teams playing zone and there's no opening to cut to. The iso offense calls for guys to get out of the way, trust that the ball handler will score, and just be ready to to spot up.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
As I was saying that 3 point shot is everything for him in being effective as a 3rd guy.

Liked his defensive effort today. Sometimes he is just out matched physically, but against guys like Parker he really moved his feet and did not let him take anything easy.

Missed a couple of layups but he looks confident with his 3 ball. His D is still work in progress.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Missed a couple of layups but he looks confident with his 3 ball. His D is still work in progress.

If Kuz can improve his D this year we'll be so much better
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 610 of 880
Jump to: