OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 567, 568, 569 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
textbook wrote:
The thing that separates kuzma with all the guys we shipped out is confidence. By the way he carries himself, speaks, dresses, and seeks out the all time greats for knowledge, Kuzma thinks he is/going to be an all star. You can't say that about Lonzo or Ingram even though they are both probably more skilled than Kuzma. Kuzma has no shame in his game. IMO that's the key component in being a killer at bball. I think he is going to be great this year. Like, 6th man of the year, possible all star selection great.

Ingram has on several occasions talked about not settling for being a role player or just average and wanting to be elite amongst the elite. Zo has also really started to show a level of confidence and maturity since parting ways with his dad

Yeah. I will miss BI's quite and unassuming ways for sure. Not usually a fan of brashness but bear in mind the psychology behind this all. He was a 27th pick, not heralded at all while BI/Lonzo were highly heralded #2 picks going back to high school. So it seems there's a lot of overcompensation on Kuz's part to try to fit in with the blue chip top picks.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
textbook wrote:
The thing that separates kuzma with all the guys we shipped out is confidence. By the way he carries himself, speaks, dresses, and seeks out the all time greats for knowledge, Kuzma thinks he is/going to be an all star. You can't say that about Lonzo or Ingram even though they are both probably more skilled than Kuzma. Kuzma has no shame in his game. IMO that's the key component in being a killer at bball. I think he is going to be great this year. Like, 6th man of the year, possible all star selection great.

Ingram has on several occasions talked about not settling for being a role player or just average and wanting to be elite amongst the elite. Zo has also really started to show a level of confidence and maturity since parting ways with his dad

Yeah. I will miss BI's quite and unassuming ways for sure. Not usually a fan of brashness but bear in mind the psychology behind this all. He was a 27th pick, not heralded at all while BI/Lonzo were highly heralded #2 picks going back to high school. So it seems there's a lot of overcompensation on Kuz's part to try to fit in with the blue chip top picks.

He also came into the league older and more mature. Look at DLo's transformation how he comports himself at age 23 than he did at age 19.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
textbook wrote:

He also came into the league older and more mature. Look at DLo's transformation how he comports himself at age 23 than he did at age 19.

Sadly even though DLO has matured (what a crazy thought!) over the years, some people who have always hated him and continue to hate him (on a personal level)...have not taken the same path.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

Disagree, Randle and DLO were every bit as confident and better players.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
textbook wrote:

Better is TBD but all 3 seemed to have that trait of wanting it more than most.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Sadly even though DLO has matured (what a crazy thought!) over the years, some people who have always hated him and continue to hate him (on a personal level)...have not taken the same path.

And a lot of the times "maturity" these days means more about how well you play the media game than anything else. Kuz was a seasoned vet at it the minute he walked into league. Dlo, not so much, but now he's much better.

BI and Zo don't really show their personalities off much on camera, besides Zo's involvement with reality TV. But I don't know how you can translate that to a lack of desire to be great. At the end of the day, we mainly see and hear what's conveyed to us through the media and have no idea what's going on behind closed doors or in their heads.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/vinouncorked/status/1180623241121017856?s=21

Get healthy
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

BI and Zo don't really show their personalities off much on camera, besides Zo's involvement with reality TV. But I don't know how you can translate that to a lack of desire to be great. At the end of the day, we mainly see and hear what's conveyed to us through the media and have no idea what's going on behind closed doors or in their heads.[/quote]

80% free throw shooting is my definition of wanting to be great. Lousy ft shooting is not a sign of a player wanting to be great, especially a skill player.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/vinouncorked/status/1180623241121017856?s=21

Get healthy

Can wait till we get Kuz back!!!

With Lebron and AD running pick & roll, pick & pop, screens and several fast breaks..the defense was dazed and confused last game and were so focused on Lebron & AD. Now imagine Kuzma running off the ball cuts with all that going on..its going to be wild!
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
textbook wrote:

I meant all the young guys in the recent trade for Davis. But now that you mention Russell, he became an all star, only proving my point. Randle would of probably also joined him had he of been in the east. There’s an it factor which you have or you don’t. Those that do succeed more imo. Those that don’t still succeed but not to superstar status imo.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

Not impressed with AD playing the 5 based off what the Lakers showed against the Nets. But I think once Kuzma returns, that lineup will look tons better.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Ya its obvious that hes trying to over compensate. Hopefully he balls out because Randel/Dlo have made the laker look dumb for letting them go I can only imagine what ball and BI will do n
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Does Kuzma have enough smarts to stay healthy?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Does Kuzma have enough smarts to stay healthy?

Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
textbook wrote:

I meant all the young guys in the recent trade for Davis. But now that you mention Russell, he became an all star, only proving my point. Randle would of probably also joined him had he of been in the east. There’s an it factor which you have or you don’t. Those that do succeed more imo. Those that don’t still succeed but not to superstar status imo.

I doubt Randle would of been an all star.....in the East.....
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Not impressed with AD playing the 5 based off what the Lakers showed against the Nets. But I think once Kuzma returns, that lineup will look tons better.

Seemed pretty impressive when the Pelicans went on that tear in the regular season and ended up sweeping Portland
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Seemed pretty impressive when the Pelicans went on that tear in the regular season and ended up sweeping Portland

Mirotic was mainly playing the 5.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

Alright. Good to see him landing on his left foot on those jumpers.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Dang so we kept Kuz because he’s confident? Rondo and Kcp are confident too is that why we kept them???
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Prove it.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Dang so we kept Kuz because he’s confident? Rondo and Kcp are confident too is that why we kept them???

a big part of keeping Kuz was his salary. Ball or BI would have killed ability to sign 3rd max.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

a big part of keeping Kuz was his salary. Ball or BI would have killed ability to sign 3rd max.

Yep. It's a shame instead of getting a 3rd max we ended up overpaying KCP. But whatever. Hindsight is 20/20.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

And tell me,.. how did that work out?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

And tell me,.. how did that work out?

Turned out pretty good.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Prove it.

I think AD playing the 5 is the a good idea...I think it hasn't worked yet because we don't have the proper people surround him at the 5..that being Kuzma imo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 567, 568, 569 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 568 of 880
Jump to: