OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 554, 555, 556 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboi1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

His jumper kinda reminded of Rasheed Wallace with a little bit more lift cash money all day from three
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersboi1993 wrote:
His jumper kinda reminded of Rasheed Wallace with a little bit more lift cash money all day from three

Sheed was over the head a decent amount; bit more wasted motion in that way..more like a bigman.
imo
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I feel like he was always pressing so hard to show that he was in the same class as BI/Zo (#2 picks). Sometimes it felt so fake and annoying.

He’s been so cringe 😬

Hopefully now he’ll be more tolerable and easier to root for.

Generation gap. Nothing more 'Cringey' to hear people (usually millennial's) refer to a hard worker as a 'Try Hard'.

He doesn't have the natural talent of a lottery pick - NEWS FLASH. But he's working toward it ya'll. Be patient.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I feel like he was always pressing so hard to show that he was in the same class as BI/Zo (#2 picks). Sometimes it felt so fake and annoying.

He’s been so cringe 😬

Generation gap. Nothing more 'Cringey' to hear people (usually millennial's) refer to a hard worker as a 'Try Hard'.

He doesn't have the natural talent of a lottery pick - NEWS FLASH. But he's working toward it ya'll. Be patient.

I think people talking more about him being all over social media as cringe, but its new generation
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He’s been so cringe 😬

I have no patience for a 24 year old, he needs to be a hit now and have a Pascal Siakam like breakout season both offensively and defensively.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Kava wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He’s been so cringe 😬

I have no patience for a 24 year old, he needs to be a hit now and have a Pascal Siakam like breakout season both offensively and defensively.

Now would be a good time, no doubt about it
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Has noticeably improved his shot over the summer & defense continues to improve.

Gave you 18ppg in his second season, playing out of position for some of the season and basically as a non option, while not even making 2mil per.

Is without question the absolute best fit with AD and Bron out of the former young core.

Has the ability to go off on any given night (history shows this)

Has shown he plays with zero fear & WANTS the added responsibility of being not only a Laker, but their third star.

Works his tail off to get better.

All that and you STILL have some Lakers fans complaining.

Just make it make sense.

Just. Make. It. Make. Sense.

Last edited by RashardA on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Haters gonna cricket.

Why would the haters cricket? Because he was 4 - 5 from 3 point?

Nice try. It would be because they watched the video above my original post and saw him not only shooting well, but playing effective defense, therefore, it's not the best time to try to convince people that he sucks.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Haters gonna cricket.

Nice try. It would be because they watched the video above my original post and saw him not only shooting well, but playing effective defense, therefore, it's not the best time to try to convince people that he sucks.

Lol at you thinking I’m trying to convince people that he sucks by the way he did suck last year. Putting up inefficient numbers while forcing himself into being a #2 option that he wasn’t fit for.

If you aren’t familiar with my post history, I suggest you go and read what my posts are all about. I could careless what anyone thinks. This is my opinion and my opinion only, I don’t think highly of Kyle Kuzma, feel free to disagree but I don’t care about convincing you otherwise and as long as this is a laker message board I will voice my opinion without a care in the world how you or anyone else feel about it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

lakersboi1993 wrote:

Can actually see some Sheed in his shot the more I look at it.. even though Sheed still had more wasted motion
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
"People believe Zo/Ingram are better prospects because of their draft spots" is a really dumb thing to say. It is believed that they are based on actual gameplay.

With that being said, Kuz is a Laker, they aren't. We no longer need to do the vs thing. We can simply celebrate Kuz's eventual growth and improvement without comparing him to players that are no longer here.

Draft spots tell you that at least from a developmental standpoint, scouts see a higher ceiling for a then-18 or 19 year old player over an older 22-23 year old prospect. It is a noteworthy thing but not completely dispositive.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Haters gonna cricket.

Lol at you thinking I’m trying to convince people that he sucks by the way he did suck last year. Putting up inefficient numbers while forcing himself into being a #2 option that he wasn’t fit for.

If you aren’t familiar with my post history, I suggest you go and read what my posts are all about. I could careless what anyone thinks. This is my opinion and my opinion only, I don’t think highly of Kyle Kuzma, feel free to disagree but I don’t care about convincing you otherwise and as long as this is a laker message board I will voice my opinion without a care in the world how you or anyone else feel about it.
In case you don't get it, HATER"S"...refers to more than 1 person. You just happened to laugh at the uninformed post that you apparently thought was profound, so in response to it I included you. There are many in this thread who claim Kuz sucks, he has peaked, he'll never improve outside shooting, and more. Meanwhile, I have no intention of wasting time researching your posts because I don't care what you or others think either. I just saw the video as proof and an opportunity to begin to get relief from the ridiculous. Many of us appreciate the lack of bombastic opinions being expressed.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
I hope he does, this is team USA tho. We’ve all seen Carmelo look like the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ on team USA. So I won’t get carried away with what he did this game. He is 24 already, about time he has a breakout season.

Silly to think a player just turned 24 has peaked. As a 23yr old avg last season 2nd year in the league

Kuz 18.7 pts, .456 FG%, 5.5 reb, 2.5 ast

All Star caliber at 23 yrs old

Butler 8.6 pts, .467 fg%, 4.0 reb, 1.4 ast
Lowry 9.1 pts, .397 fg%, 3.6 reb, 4.5 ast
Middleton 13.4 pts, .467 fg%, 4.4 reb, 2.3 ast
Oladipo 16.0 pts, .438 fg%, 4.8 reb, 3.9 ast
Klay 18.4 pts, .444 fg%, 3.1 reb, 2.2 ast
Vucevic 14.2 pts, .507 fg%, 11 reb, 1.8 ast
Aldridge 18.1 pts, .484 fg%, 7.5 reb, 1.9 ast
Kemba 17.7 pts, .393 fg%, 4.2 reb, 6.1 ast

These current all star have not yet blossom, but some want Kuz to be this finish product already. Too much hate and I dont know where its coming from or the source of it.
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Has noticeably improved his shot over the summer & defense continues to improve.

Gave you 18ppg in his second season, playing out of position for some of the season and basically as a non option, while not even making 2mil per.

Is without question the absolute best fit with AD and Bron out of the former young core.

Has shown he plays with zero fear & WANTS the added responsibility of being not only a Laker, but their third star.

Just make it make sense.

DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

Double post

Last edited by DLaker on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
I hope he does, this is team USA tho. We’ve all seen Carmelo look like the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ on team USA. So I won’t get carried away with what he did this game. He is 24 already, about time he has a breakout season.

Silly to think a player just turned 24 has peaked. As a 23yr old avg last season 2nd year in the league

These current all star have not yet blossom, but some want Kuz to be this finish product already. Too much hate and I dont know where its coming from or the source of it.

Thanks for this -- every player has different circumstances, but this list at least provides some benchmarks that justify optimism for the coming season and beyond.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

Just make it make sense.

haha. This is great. Good job
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

I agree it’s silly to think a 24 year old as peaked. Good thing I didn’t say he has peaked then. However, this is his chance to show he can be more than a microwave scorer off the bench. That’s what he’s been relegated to on team USA where there are actual talented players on the team.

As far as the hate goes, it comes with the territory on LG, at least I’m not hating on 19 year olds hoping they fail because the lakers didn’t draft Okafor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

Just make it make sense.

Definitely questionable, DLO would easily be the best fit.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
DLaker wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

I agree it’s silly to think a 24 year old as peaked. Good thing I didn’t say he has peaked then. However, this is his chance to show he can be more than a microwave scorer off the bench. That’s what he’s been relegated to on team USA where there are actual talented players on the team.

As far as the hate goes, it comes with the territory on LG, at least I’m not hating on 19 year olds hoping they fail because the lakers didn’t draft Okafor.

If he is just a microwave scorer (17-19ppg range), isn't that still tremendous value for a 27th pick? (It'll be interesting, however, to see what happens with his extension).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

It’s kind of crazy that we drafted like 5(or more) really good prospects and most at high slots, and I don’t think any are legit good fits with this squad

Zo - maybe the best fit ; but he likes to play fast and Bron doesn’t. And the shooting is too iffy

DLo - maybe the best fit, but doesn’t play defense

BI - 3pt shooting / ISO

Kuz - defense / shooting(?)

Randle - shooting / defense
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah. No true 2 way player who can hit 3s. They don't grow on trees.

But we have AD. He's the unicorn I've wanted for years and he's only 26!
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
DLaker wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

If he is just a microwave scorer (17-19ppg range), isn't that still tremendous value for a 27th pick? (It'll be interesting, however, to see what happens with his extension).

It’s tremendous value if the lakers and the fans don’t overrate him. People talk about him being the 3rd star on a championship team, that’s max player salary territory, is he really that type of player?

I mean he’s not a good rebounder for his size, he hasn’t really shown that he is a floor spacer with his terrible 3 point shooting last year, he’s flat out a terrible defender. So if fans understand and acknowledge him for what he is then he is tremendous value for his draft pick and meager salary. The issue is when fans and Jeanie start overrating him because of the false anecdote that he fits best with Lebron (who is on his last legs by the way) and his perceived mamba mentality where he just chucks shots cos he believes every brick is going in (LA isn’t for everybody lmao )
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah. No true 2 way player who can hit 3s. They don't grow on trees.

But we have AD. He's the unicorn I've wanted for years and he's only 26!

Still can’t believe we got AD!!! The Brow!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
DLaker wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

It’s tremendous value if the lakers and the fans don’t overrate him. People talk about him being the 3rd star on a championship team, that’s max player salary territory, is he really that type of player?

I mean he’s not a good rebounder for his size, he hasn’t really shown that he is a floor spacer with his terrible 3 point shooting last year, he’s flat out a terrible defender. So if fans understand and acknowledge him for what he is then he is tremendous value for his draft pick and meager salary. The issue is when fans and Jeanie start overrating him because of the false anecdote that he fits best with Lebron (who is on his last legs by the way) and his perceived mamba mentality where he just chucks shots cos he believes every brick is going in (LA isn’t for everybody lmao )

Yeah. I never thought he was in Zo/BI's class as a prospect. But I was pleased with how he performed as a 27th pick. Like really pleased. He's found money.

The real question will be how much his extension will be, and whether the Lakers, like they have with basically all their YUTES (except inexplicably JC) will ship him out before that time.

I do think he can be a Rashard Lewis level player where if he hits his absolute peak he may get in an all star game. But, I'm not counting on that and I think he can be a very productive player for us.

people are either (or both) perturbed by his social media life or the fact he's the lone survivor from the YUTES.

I'm just going to root for his success b/c we need him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 554, 555, 556 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 555 of 880
Jump to: