OFFICIAL KYLE KUZMANIA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 516, 517, 518  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2014
Posts: 1491

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Thought he played really hard and competed on defense. Unfortunately, still has a lot of work to do there. A lot of people probably don't realize this but Kuz is a big dude and I don't blame him for not being able to contain some of the faster guards in this league. This guy should be guarding big men down low
_________________
Kobe the God is looking over this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 7082

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Kuz looked like he has more arc on his shots. Maybe it was just my imagination, but I think this could lead to better shooting. 40% from 3 so far. I'll take it! Looked like he was finishing strong tonight too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Took a nice charge.


After Bron got on him on the bench and coached him about rotating... Way to respond young fella.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 19058
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Tonight he grabbed defensive boards, challenged in the paint without fouling, and generated assists. Reminded me of what he looked like before his injury. Proud of the kid. We'll need him to keep it up if we want to make the playoffs.
_________________
Turn your losses into lessons. - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ShowtimeReturns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Posts: 818

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Kuz stepped up this game especially on defense in the 2nd half, he even took a charge! and yelled back at Lebron

I actually liked that he gave it right back to Lebron after he yelled at him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 6182
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Kuz stepped up this game especially on defense in the 2nd half, he even took a charge! and yelled back at Lebron

I actually liked that he gave it right back to Lebron after he yelled at him.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2991

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

KUZMA HIGHLIGHTS
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 60724
Location: 818

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KUZMA HIGHLIGHTS



_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 3954

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

When Kuzma and I talk again, two days after the deadline, his usual enthusiasm is muted. “It was hard,” he says. “You can’t really escape these things. You can’t look at your phone without someone sending you a text. You can’t go on social media […] I felt like the whole team got very tense.” Communication was minimal, he says, including from James

Games were the toughest. “Everyone’s screaming at you, and people forget we’re humans too, that everybody has emotions […] Fans think we’re just part of a circus, here just to entertain them. I get it, I go on social media and laugh too but sometimes people forget the people they’re laughing at are humans.”


https://www.lakersnation.com/kyle-kuzma-lakers-got-very-tense-nba-trade-deadline/2019/02/22/

Been a tough month for them. Now they can play freer again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 2705

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

I have refrained from criticizing Kuzma lately and that’s because it’s a moot point at this juncture, this team is what it is at this point. But going forward, no team can survive a Kuzma and Lebron front court, one has to come off the bench especially if they keep playing defense like this. Look, Kuzma is sexy, I get it. He puts himself out there fooling fans into thinking he’s more than he actually is, but when you watch him closely you’d know better

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1099544160305061888?s=21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 3949

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
I have refrained from criticizing Kuzma lately and that’s because it’s a moot point at this juncture, this team is what it is at this point. But going forward, no team can survive a Kuzma and Lebron front court, one has to come off the bench especially if they keep playing defense like this. Look, Kuzma is sexy, I get it. He puts himself out there fooling fans into thinking he’s more than he actually is, but when you watch him closely you’d know better

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1099544160305061888?s=21


Kuzma landed in the perfect situation for him. He got to be a finisher in an uptempo offense next to an elite level passer.

Take him out of that situation and he's not nearly as good.


That said, he does have a lot of potential. As long as he's on the same team as Lonzo, I only see Kuzma getting better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2382

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Thought he played really hard and competed on defense. Unfortunately, still has a lot of work to do there. A lot of people probably don't realize this but Kuz is a big dude and I don't blame him for not being able to contain some of the faster guards in this league. This guy should be guarding big men down low

He definitely tries hard, but he needs to do some serious training on his footwork and keeping his balance in a defensive stance. Too much hopping around and guessing which way his defender is going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 8438

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
I have refrained from criticizing Kuzma lately and that’s because it’s a moot point at this juncture, this team is what it is at this point. But going forward, no team can survive a Kuzma and Lebron front court, one has to come off the bench especially if they keep playing defense like this. Look, Kuzma is sexy, I get it. He puts himself out there fooling fans into thinking he’s more than he actually is, but when you watch him closely you’d know better

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1099544160305061888?s=21


What's the defensive system we run? The switch everything garbage only works when u have guys like Klay, iggy, Dre and KD.

Not so much when you have guys like kuzma and James. It's the coach's job to understand his personal and then come up with a game plan.

Luke hasn't done squat in 3 years he has been here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1756

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
I have refrained from criticizing Kuzma lately and that’s because it’s a moot point at this juncture, this team is what it is at this point. But going forward, no team can survive a Kuzma and Lebron front court, one has to come off the bench especially if they keep playing defense like this. Look, Kuzma is sexy, I get it. He puts himself out there fooling fans into thinking he’s more than he actually is, but when you watch him closely you’d know better

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1099544160305061888?s=21


What's the defensive system we run? The switch everything garbage only works when u have guys like Klay, iggy, Dre and KD.

Not so much when you have guys like kuzma and James. It's the coach's job to understand his personal and then come up with a game plan.

Like hasn't done squat in 3 years he has been here.


Totally agree with this. Luke’s system is flawed.

Haha but weren’t you were the one who said BI ISO’s on his own and it’s not because Luke has no offensive system whatsoever.

And also...you also said it is BI who chooses not to guard PG or the other best player NOT because Luke is doing a horrible job at assigning matchups.


So i guess for some players it’s cause Luke needs to come up with a better game plan on offense and defense. But for others it’s because they’re selfish or scared to step up defensively. Confusing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1756

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

I like that Kuz is going back at Lebron. Yeah he has his defensive issues but no way Lebron should run his mouth with the effort he gives or lack of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 8438

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
I have refrained from criticizing Kuzma lately and that’s because it’s a moot point at this juncture, this team is what it is at this point. But going forward, no team can survive a Kuzma and Lebron front court, one has to come off the bench especially if they keep playing defense like this. Look, Kuzma is sexy, I get it. He puts himself out there fooling fans into thinking he’s more than he actually is, but when you watch him closely you’d know better

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1099544160305061888?s=21


What's the defensive system we run? The switch everything garbage only works when u have guys like Klay, iggy, Dre and KD.

Not so much when you have guys like kuzma and James. It's the coach's job to understand his personal and then come up with a game plan.

Like hasn't done squat in 3 years he has been here.


Totally agree with this. Luke’s system is flawed.

Haha but weren’t you were the one who said BI ISO’s on his own and it’s not because Luke has no offensive system whatsoever.

And also...you also said it is BI who chooses not to guard PG or the other best player NOT because Luke is doing a horrible job at assigning matchups.


So i guess for some players it’s cause Luke needs to come up with a better game plan on offense and defense. But for others it’s because they’re selfish or scared to step up defensively. Confusing.


Ingram had came a long way. Everybody will agree with this. From being an iso cucker dribble dribbles to quick effecieng scorer.

On defensive end it takes leadership to go ask to guard the opposing best player. Something we saw with Kobe who used to go ask the coach to let him guard opposing best player
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2382

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Has our system changed since last year? We were a great improving team on D last year, and we essentially replaced Randle with Lebron, McGee with Brook. McGee was playing great D to start the year, while Lebron has been coasting, but has there been any structural changes in our D or does it just come down to effort? We've seen flashes of it this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 20038

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Has our system changed since last year? We were a great improving team on D last year, and we essentially replaced Randle with Lebron, McGee with Brook. McGee was playing great D to start the year, while Lebron has been coasting, but has there been any structural changes in our D or does it just come down to effort? We've seen flashes of it this year.

*cough* Lonzo *cough*

And yes, it is scary that an 21-year-old 2nd year player with a concerning injury history has that much of an impact on the team's defense.

Obviously there are other, finer points of failure, too, and I believe GT put out a vid recently on the team's defensive woes before the ASB.
_________________
Banana Head Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 34336
Location: 502 Bad Gateway

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
trablos wrote:
Has our system changed since last year? We were a great improving team on D last year, and we essentially replaced Randle with Lebron, McGee with Brook. McGee was playing great D to start the year, while Lebron has been coasting, but has there been any structural changes in our D or does it just come down to effort? We've seen flashes of it this year.

*cough* Lonzo *cough*

And yes, it is scary that an 21-year-old 2nd year player with a concerning injury history has that much of an impact on the team's defense.

Obviously there are other, finer points of failure, too, and I believe GT put out a vid recently on the team's defensive woes before the ASB.


It's Rondo's increased presence, too. He offers as must defensive resistance as a potted plant. We were better with him wearing a suit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 20038

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
trablos wrote:
Has our system changed since last year? We were a great improving team on D last year, and we essentially replaced Randle with Lebron, McGee with Brook. McGee was playing great D to start the year, while Lebron has been coasting, but has there been any structural changes in our D or does it just come down to effort? We've seen flashes of it this year.

*cough* Lonzo *cough*

And yes, it is scary that an 21-year-old 2nd year player with a concerning injury history has that much of an impact on the team's defense.

Obviously there are other, finer points of failure, too, and I believe GT put out a vid recently on the team's defensive woes before the ASB.


It's Rondo's increased presence, too. He offers as must defensive resistance as a potted plant. We were better with him wearing a suit.

Great point. Rondo has gone from bad to putrid on defense over the course of the season.
_________________
Banana Head Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1756

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

After the loss and our whole team walked off the floor while Kuzma stayed and talked to grizzlies players.

I have no feeling towards it either way but I’m pretty sure Lebron and some teammates didn’t like it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 30879

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is a big part of the problem with his terrible defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 132033
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
After the loss and our whole team walked off the floor while Kuzma stayed and talked to grizzlies players.

I have no feeling towards it either way but I’m pretty sure Lebron and some teammates didn’t like it.


Who cares. I missed most of the first half but a couple of nice shots in the 4th, no defense or rebounding to speak of though.
_________________
All gave some,
Some gave all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 2705

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Kuzma is a big part of the problem with his terrible defense


Him and Lebron make a terrible tandem on that end. I’d excuse him a bit if he was a good rebounder like Love was but he isn’t. He played well offensively tho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 356

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Kuz should move to the bench. Not because he deserves it but because he's the only one capable of being a sparkplug off the bench. Hart has completely disappeared offensively and no one else on the bench is a scorer. Coaches should talk Kuz into embracing an OKC James Harden role. Let him own the 2nd unit just for this final playoff push.

Need some disruption and backcourt D as well now that Zo is still nowhere near coming back from injury and KCP could provide some of it.

We should run a 9-man rotation with Bullock / KCP / BI / Bron / McGee (Deandre Jordan) starting and have a 2nd unit of Rondo / Hart / Kuz / Tyson or Mo until Zo comes back.

Kuz historically is not very good coming off the bench and definitely deserves the starter spot but I'm willing to try anything at this point. Desperate times and all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 516, 517, 518  Next
Page 506 of 518
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB