OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
That Houston game illustrates perfectly why Kuz is such a good fit with Lebron.

Are they going to take Tucker off LBJ? Nope.

I'm trying to follow that logic.
Not saying the initial statement is wrong, but the logic to the reasoning has me making the huh face

When Tucker wasn't assigned to Kuzma, that's when he went off. Since we didn't have anyone else to absorb their best defender, they could afford to put Tucker on Kuzma.

But if Lebron were in the game, they would have had to keep Tucker on Lebron meaning Kuzma would have been guarded by the same player(s) that allow him to go off.

So LeBron is a good fit for Kuz.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
We need him to score 60 vs GSW if we want to have close game. Lets go Kuz. Make another record in your career.

With Draymond on him? REALLY tough ask. Last time they played Kuz when 6 from 14 from the field for 19, and that was with Lebron and Rondo demanding most of the Warriors attention

I tend to Rmemeber Kuzma having 25 points on Green last year so it's not like he can't do it ijs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not saying the initial statement is wrong, but the logic to the reasoning has me making the huh face

When Tucker wasn't assigned to Kuzma, that's when he went off. Since we didn't have anyone else to absorb their best defender, they could afford to put Tucker on Kuzma.

But if Lebron were in the game, they would have had to keep Tucker on Lebron meaning Kuzma would have been guarded by the same player(s) that allow him to go off.

That's what I said. LOL.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

The criticism Kuz, a 2nd year player, receives from his own fanbase is ridiculously.
Its as if people are only placated when he doesn't miss a shot, and only just.
This kid wilfully takes a chunk of his and our shots when the offense breaks down, he leads us to a 20 point lead on the road and gets snuffed out by a seasoned defender who arrests multiple year all stars for fun but when one looks at the comments its quite easy to sense a sort of liss from the commentators.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That's what I said. LOL.

He hasn’t learned to be the #1 option yet, to break a double team or to draw foul on manhandler like PJ. 2nd bananas to LeBron with 1:1 defense from 2nd best defender is perfect for him right now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

I think if Kuz can turn into a good defender not a great one but a good one his offense will more than compensate for not being a great defender. If you think about it how many players in the league are great on both sides of the ball. Not very many. I think he can be a third scoring option on a championship contender. With him on the floor with Lebron and possibly KD or KL the offense would be lethal. You add Lonzo to the mix and the offense will be virtually impossible to stop. Remember right now he only has 1.5 years of nba experience and his defense is improving from the start of the season. He's only going to get better.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think if Kuz can turn into a good defender not a great one but a good one his offense will more than compensate for not being a great defender. If you think about it how many players in the league are great on both sides of the ball. Not very many. I think he can be a third scoring option on a championship contender. With him on the floor with Lebron and possibly KD or KL the offense would be lethal. You add Lonzo to the mix and the offense will be virtually impossible to stop. Remember right now he only has 1.5 years of nba experience and his defense is improving from the start of the season. He's only going to get better.

I think there's a difference between being incapable of defending, and preserving energy for the offensive side by playing lax defense. Hopefully Kuz will be the latter.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

I was annoyed that all of our bigs made 33 year old PJ Tucker look like prime era Rodman.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Kuz on his reaction to the Warriors signing DeMarcus Cousins this summer:

"I didn't really have one... I'm a competitor, so I didn't really get scared, or tremble or anything."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1087446395957665795

Kuz talks a mighty big game, but anyone else rather he get bit better before putting out sound bytes like this?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

"I didn't really have one... I'm a competitor, so I didn't really get scared, or tremble or anything."

Kuz talks a mighty big game, but anyone else rather he get bit better before putting out sound bytes like this?

I'd rather he not do it at all. There's no value in it. Be gracious and give them the nice signing, could work out well for both of them, gotta handle our own business quote and move on.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I'd rather he not do it at all. There's no value in it. Be gracious and give them the nice signing, could work out well for both of them, gotta handle our own business quote and move on.

Then he says stuff like this, and I WANT to believe he's joking, and he'll say that he's joking, but I can't help but believe that this is probably what he's thinking:

@LakerFilmRoom asked Kyle Kuzma how his role changes with all of the guys missing time right now, and at first he deadpanned "I get more shots" before giving a serious answer:

"It doesn't really change. No matter what, I'm always trying to be aggressive."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1087432421241278464
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
The criticism Kuz, a 2nd year player, receives from his own fanbase is ridiculously.
Its as if people are only placated when he doesn't miss a shot, and only just.
This kid wilfully takes a chunk of his and our shots when the offense breaks down, he leads us to a 20 point lead on the road and gets snuffed out by a seasoned defender who arrests multiple year all stars for fun but when one looks at the comments its quite easy to sense a sort of liss from the commentators.

Lmao exactly.. the amount of times he is the "bailout guy" getting the ball with like 6 seconds left is more than people realize.

Does he take a bit too many contested shots for my liking sure? Has he messed up with numbers advantages on the break? Yeah. But dude is basically a 20 PPG guy who is that 2nd option we desperately need this season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with it. He's a confident kid. He's getting national recognition right now because he is the best player with Lebron out. He got top billing on ABC game. He's putting up all star numbers. Second in all star voting on the team. He's pretty good. Read Eric Pincus new article about Kuz.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Then he says stuff like this, and I WANT to believe he's joking, and he'll say that he's joking, but I can't help but believe that this is probably what he's thinking:

@LakerFilmRoom asked Kyle Kuzma how his role changes with all of the guys missing time right now, and at first he deadpanned "I get more shots" before giving a serious answer:

"It doesn't really change. No matter what, I'm always trying to be aggressive."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1087432421241278464

He was joking.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Not me. It's pretty good mentality for an athlete in a high level environment. It's the reason he torched Rockets last year for 38 in his rookie season. Doesn't fold during big moments. We're gonna need guys like him in the playoffs.

We've been complaining about his 1 offensive foul per game right? From the same interview -

The dude is self-aware. Not full of himself like what LG tells me he already is. He knows his weaknesses and he's got the best players in the league including the mamba on speed dial to help him improve his game.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

The kid is confident. He has a lot of Kobe characteristics. That's a lot different than being cocky or arrogant. He's the man and leader right now so he needs to project confidence.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The kid is confident. He has a lot of Kobe characteristics. That's a lot different than being cocky or arrogant. He's the man and leader right now so he needs to project confidence.

He's speaking like Kobe, and taking shots like Kobe, the problem is he's not Kobe. Kobe, in a much tougher defensive league, was averaging 9 points more per game at his age for starters. So when you're not a world beater, but talk like you are a world beater, people will start to view you as arrogant
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
32 wrote:

He's speaking like Kobe, and taking shots like Kobe, the problem is he's not Kobe. Kobe, in a much tougher defensive league, was averaging 9 points more per game at his age for starters. So when you're not a world beater, but talk like you are a world beater, people will start to view you as arrogant

I never said he was Kobe and he won't come close to being Kobe in his career. What I said is he has Kobe characteristics.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is the alpha dog on this team out of all the young players.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
32 wrote:

You're making too much out of nothing. He's confident but it's not like he thinks he's the best player in the league already and he's competing with Lebron for touches because he thinks he's the man or something.

He even acknowledges his weaknesses in public. Do you remember Kobe or anyone you'd consider arrogant ever admitting holes in their game?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Lebron needs a Kobe type player and Kuz is that. People blow things out of proportion. Shoot, BI plays like Lebron just does everything half as good.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
32 wrote:

I mean what the heck you expect him to say oh man we scared or that's not fair smh people look for any little thing to complain about I swear .I personally love the mentality I want warriors on my side not scared cowards that have a defeated attuide!He is confident and that's what you want in a player.

Last edited by Lakers great32 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Lebron needs a Kobe type player and Kuz is that. People blow things out of proportion. Shoot, BI plays like Lebron just does everything half as good.

BI tries to score like KD. Using his length in the mid-range and to reach the rim
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
I.mean what the neck you expect him to say oh man we scared or that's not fair smh people look for any little thing to domain about I swear .I personally love the mentality I want warriors on my side not scared cowards that have a defeated attuide!He is confident and that's what you want in a player.

Ideally I'd expect him to say the Warriors went and got someone in FA, it's completely normal. Excited for the challenge of playing them. Next question.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

He's getting all this national attention right now. He's the face of the franchise with Lebron out and now Lonzo out. He has been getting a lot of media interviews. He's still young trying to answer questions. I think he is handling it pretty well for the most part.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 480 of 880
Jump to: