OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 458, 459, 460 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Imagine how good Kuz would look in an offense that he didn't have to generate all of his opportunities in..

We've seen how good he can be off ball.. Well, it doesn't matter how good he is off ball if you don't have someone breaking the defense down, or an actual offensive system to break it down.

What we seen from him isn't his fault.

Our pups aren't good enough to consistently break defenses down on their own. They shouldn't be dumped on because they aren't iso aficionados.
kuz generates his opportunities? From what I’ve seen his offense is created by Zo on PNR or Bron on dish and drives or Rondo when he penetrates. Well at least his good offense. Kuz when he tries to generate his own offense, he’s getting blocked, passing to the other team or fast breaks where he goes 1 on 3 and throws a brick.

Agreed. Kuzma can’t create for himself and that’s why it’s been the brandon Ingram show in halfcourt situations lately.

i think it is more that our half court sets are worst in the league (maybe including G league too but dont take my word for it) so the best our staff can come up with is this. which forces us to take difficult shots and commit turnovers. i refuse to believe that this is the best way to run an offense with the players we have

I agree our offense sucks. That still doesn’t take away from the fact that Kuzma is a role player. Granted his role is to score but he does that based on someone else creating for him. Kind of like a 3&D player imo. His next level is defense a creating imo. If he can’t do that I can understand the Clarkson comparisons. Only difference is that Kuzma doesn’t pound the ball.

Kuzma can still be an all star role player don’t get me wrong. Similar to draymon green imo. Yes I think draymon is a role player

I too think of Green as a role player so i get where youre coming from. But i think Kuzma has potential for more. He has room for improvement in rebounding and defending, while on offense hes simply gonna get better through experience, and learning when to make "the right play". He will not be a main playmaker on a contender i think but he should be able to do it a little, which he will imo. Hes already got quite the scoring repertoar for an off ball guy though,

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I didn't see the game but ... 4 from 18? Really? 2 games after his 4 from 20?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Imagine how good Kuz would look in an offense that he didn't have to generate all of his opportunities in..

We've seen how good he can be off ball.. Well, it doesn't matter how good he is off ball if you don't have someone breaking the defense down, or an actual offensive system to break it down.

What we seen from him isn't his fault.

Our pups aren't good enough to consistently break defenses down on their own. They shouldn't be dumped on because they aren't iso aficionados.
kuz generates his opportunities? From what I’ve seen his offense is created by Zo on PNR or Bron on dish and drives or Rondo when he penetrates. Well at least his good offense. Kuz when he tries to generate his own offense, he’s getting blocked, passing to the other team or fast breaks where he goes 1 on 3 and throws a brick.

Agreed. Kuzma can’t create for himself and that’s why it’s been the brandon Ingram show in halfcourt situations lately.

i think it is more that our half court sets are worst in the league (maybe including G league too but dont take my word for it) so the best our staff can come up with is this. which forces us to take difficult shots and commit turnovers. i refuse to believe that this is the best way to run an offense with the players we have

I agree our offense sucks. That still doesn’t take away from the fact that Kuzma is a role player. Granted his role is to score but he does that based on someone else creating for him. Kind of like a 3&D player imo. His next level is defense a creating imo. If he can’t do that I can understand the Clarkson comparisons. Only difference is that Kuzma doesn’t pound the ball.

Kuzma can still be an all star role player don’t get me wrong. Similar to draymon green imo. Yes I think draymon is a role player

I too think of Green as a role player so i get where youre coming from. But i think Kuzma has potential for more. He has room for improvement in rebounding and defending, while on offense hes simply gonna get better through experience, and learning when to make "the right play". He will not be a main playmaker on a contender i think but he should be able to do it a little, which he will imo. Hes already got quite the scoring repertoar for an off ball guy though,

The potential is definitely there. The potential is there for Lonzo to become a scorer too. I just think they compliment each other very well and even if neither develops their weaknesses they can both be all stars by meshing their games. It’s like combined they are the perfect player...actually better than having one star tbh
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Laker Film Room
Kuz's shooting since coming back from injury

4-20
16-24
4-18

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Well he learned from Kobe alright. Keep on shooting even if you're having a bad game.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
Well he learned from Kobe alright. Keep on shooting even if you're having a bad game.
No he learned that from prime Rudy Gay. Kobe even with a bad shooting night would contribute in other ways, whether it would be defense, playmaking or rebounding. Kobe would often have bad shooting nights but still have a good game. Kuz cant do that.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:
No he learned that from prime Rudy Gay. Kobe even with a bad shooting night would contribute in other ways, whether it would be defense, playmaking or rebounding. Kobe would often have bad shooting nights but still have a good game. Kuz cant do that.

The sad part about this is he had the most rebounds on the team with 8, tied with Javale.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:

That’s a good point. I agree.

Kuzma’s not as good a player as Kobe
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:

That’s a good point. I agree.

Kuzma’s not as good a player as Kobe

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I didn't see the game but ... 4 from 18? Really? 2 games after his 4 from 20?

Big difference from Griffin lagging on transition D and letting KUZ leak out all the time and the terrible interior defense of the Pistons to Dereck Favors and Rudy Gobert. It was hard to take much from the Pistons game because they’re so terrible inside. Drummond posts stats, but they’re pretty empty and he gets some occasional blocks but isn’t a good interior defender at all because he doesn’t rotate like Gobert does. Tonight was the benchmark game to see how legit Kuz’s easy scores were, and it wasn’t good. Move on to the next.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject:

I think Kuzma is awesome, he's one of my favorite players on this team. I just would like to see him get more consistent with his performances without such a dramatic drop off or spike in performance. He goes for 41 within 3 quarters, 29 minutes, then comes out and struggles unbelievable. It's pretty unbelievable the differences in performance. If he can get to the point where he's not so starkly different in how he produces he will be a very good player. Hope he continues the work with Kobe in the off-season, hell, I'd like to see it happening throughout the season.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject:

One game wonder. That was all there is to it. Kuzma is like an opportunist. If a defense is flawed, he will exploit it. However, when the defense is solid, he doesn't quite have the necessary skills to score against them just yet. How many uncontested layups did he get against the Pistons?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yuurin98 wrote:
This thread is so cancerous, where were you two when Kuz scored 41?
You two are basically Donald Trump 2.0, is it good to say that when you insult someone while trying to say you're not insulting someone?

Clarkson scored 35 before.

Why is it a bad thing that he's compared to Clarkson?

Clarkson isn't a bad player.

Because Clarkson is a (bleep) defender/rebounder/passer and is doing nothing to help the team if he’s not scoring efficiently? Kuz makes looks an awful lot like that type of player atm tbh. Literally needs forcefed to have an efficient game scoring. The irony is that before the game he talked about how his defense and playmaking has improved so much🙄. Then he goes into Kuzma mode several times on the break and tries doing it alone even though he has someone running with him.

Having an awful game is one thing. But labelling him he is not every (bleep) time he has a bad game and staying quiet when he has good ones is (bleep) ignorant. Go back to kindergarten you 5 year olds.

You may want to go back and read the thread about 3 pages ago. I’m here whether he’s on or off. And I state the same claims then.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

I m telling u, all the hype after 41pt game got to him
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

18 shots isn't a lot for a starter who's the #1 or #2 scoring option with Lebron out.

Not enough credit is being given to the great defense Utah played last night. They were everywhere and forced the Lakers into a lot of half-court offense. It's no secret we struggle playing this way with or without Lebron. Kuz will just have to keep working on his game to try and find other ways to score and get other guys involved when the defense if focused on him.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
I m telling u, all the hype after 41pt game got to him

then next game he will get 42!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Did anyone notice the play where Kuzma got fouled while attempting a layup, by Donovan Mitchell. He was hit in the eye. I don't recall the refs reviewing it to see if it was a flagrant foul. Afterward there was no announcement that it was. Then, with the Lakers having 53 points, Kuzma stood at the free throw line made three free throws with defenders at the line, showing that there wasn't a technical foul. When he finished, they had 56 points. How can refs AND official score keepers miss that?

The announcers never addressed it, and no one else noticed it. I was watching the game with my son and pointed it out to him. I replayed it and he was amazed like I was. What happened? The score was never corrected after that, to indicate that the Lakers were awarded too many points. ???????????????????
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

[quote="lakersfever714"]One game wonder. That was all there is to it. Kuzma is like an opportunist. If a defense is flawed, he will exploit it. However, when the defense is solid, he doesn't quite have the necessary skills to score against them just yet. How many uncontested layups did he get against the Pistons?[/quote]

Agree
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
One game wonder. That was all there is to it. Kuzma is like an opportunist. If a defense is flawed, he will exploit it. However, when the defense is solid, he doesn't quite have the necessary skills to score against them just yet. How many uncontested layups did he get against the Pistons?

Agree

Yeah, this is basically true for any of our young players. Lebron is the only player who can reliably create his own shot.

Whoever we get this offseason, we're going to need someone who excels at creating while on the ball and still be effective off of it.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Kuzma is still better then the guy who we are spoon-feeding to be the #2 guy in 3rd year
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

came up with a new nickname for him: Prince Charles.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Inconsistent just like all the young guys this year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
chickenjoy24 wrote:

And he will keep on shooting on Sunday night.

Yup. He seems to be the only one who tries to step up and shoulder an increased responsibility.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Really looking forward to see how he shoots the next two games at home against Cleveland and Chicago. He should have a field day. Notice his two poor performances this week were on the road against good teams. I expect big games from him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 458, 459, 460 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 459 of 880
Jump to: