OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
This game is a prime reason why I hate the whole Kuz is our #2.

He can't guard his own shadow. My god, I've seen Dudley abuse him, Carroll abuse him, DLo had him looking foolish, Dinwiddie was toying with him. They were targeting him all game.

his defense was horrid
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
I thought his defense was average today...actually made some stops like picking the ball off the pass back to D'lo and gaining us a crucial possession.

He's not capable of putting pressure on the passer, and Russell carved us up.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Not fair putting Kuz on DLO, BI is much better equip for that assignment

Luke outsmarted himself with this matchup. They weren't switches either, for the most part.

Kuz made DLO look like the 2nd coming of Hakeem the way he kept flying past on every pump fake DLO made in the post, like dude just stay down lmao even the refs had to bail him out at one point like enuff DLO, you’ve made him look stupid enough.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

The kid played 43 minutes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Atkinson knew Kuzma was a bad defender, D'lo knew Kuzma was a bad defender.

Getting the switch was by design, and Kuzma got abused consistently because of that, and because Luke made no adjustments when he saw that's what they were doing.

They ran the Chris Smoove "Whoever offense on Kyle Kuzma" and Luke never adjusted.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Dudley blow bys- lol
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Luke outsmarted himself with this matchup. They weren't switches either, for the most part.

Kuz made DLO look like the 2nd coming of Hakeem the way he kept flying past on every pump fake DLO made in the post, like dude just stay down lmao even the refs had to bail him out at one point like enuff DLO, you’ve made him look stupid enough.

Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Walked right by him and toyed with him at the rim.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Getting the switch was by design, and Kuzma got abused consistently because of that, and because Luke made no adjustments when he saw that's what they were doing.

They ran the Chris Smoove "Whoever offense on Kyle Kuzma" and Luke never adjusted.

Luke's in-game adjustments are TERRIBLE.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

He can't guard his own shadow. My god, I've seen Dudley abuse him, Carroll abuse him, DLo had him looking foolish, Dinwiddie was toying with him. They were targeting him all game.

You can blame Kuzma on his defense on Dlo.

But Dinwiddle was Zo’s man where he did his most damage.

And Dudley was being guarded by Hart in the 4th where he scored 10 points on mostly layups. Even Hart admitted post game that he made mistakes guarding him.

D-Fish post game commentary was absolutely right, all our guys played bad defense. You can’t put all the blame on one player. Even my boy Zo couldn’t keep Dwinddle in front of him and didn’t have a good defensive game tonight.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
MJST wrote:

daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

You can blame Kuzma on his defense on Dlo.

But Dinwiddle was Zo’s man where he did his most damage.

And Dudley was being guarded by Hart in the 4th where he scored 10 points on mostly layups. Even Hart admitted post game that he made mistakes guarding him.

D-Fish post game commentary was absolutely right, all our guys played bad defense. You can’t put all the blame on one player. Even my boy Zo couldn’t keep Dwinddle in front of him and didn’t have a good defensive game tonight.

Agree man..
Other than a bad turnover or two Zo played a good offensive game but his defense was rather poor against both the Wizards and Nets.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Still a WIP the D.
Everyone has bad defensive games, not a big deal.

Hope he gets into the lab and works on it.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
MJST wrote:

It's true he is terrible in game. I will give him a semi break because of McGee and BI being out. Especially McGee, our defensive anchor.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Not the greatest defense tonight just like the whole team. But if some of you are going to pick out one game then you haven't been paying attention. His defense has been improving. And most of the time his scoring offsets it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

I don't think Kuzma will ever be a good defender, and I think he will be adequate at best. But the best defense I've seen him usually play is when he plays the 3, be it backup or start that is where he's best defensively as opposed to the 4.

Problem with that is, Ingram is better hands and shoulders above Kuzma.

Kuzma more and more because of those defensive shortcomings reminds me of a 6th man.

People said he may be another Clarkson, but I think Lou Williams is a closer comparison when it comes to the explosive offense, but lack of defense.

He'd be a dynamo off the bench and I think that's ultimately where he's best utilized, but as BI is out there isn't much other option.

One thing for sure is, the book's been scouted on his terrible defense, and more teams will seek to take advantage of it as Atkinson did tonight.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

Funny how some of you call someone a young player terrible defender when he is switched on an island against a pretty quick PG with a quick release and great range. Kuzma is used to getting help from his big and didn’t get it this game. It’s a team game. You can’t expect Kuzma to win most of those matchups or most PFs against PGs when you can’t touch guys out on the perimeter.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Funny how some of you call someone a young player terrible defender when he is switched on an island against a pretty quick PG with a quick release and great range. Kuzma is used to getting help from his big and didn’t get it this game. It’s a team game. You can’t expect Kuzma to win most of those matchups or most PFs against PGs when you can’t touch guys out on the perimeter.

He needs to be good enough so other teams don’t scrap the offense to have their PG go 1v1 against him. That’s what happened last night. He’s been better lately but the defense last night was inexcusable.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

The last basket of Dlo remind me on how Jules used to play defense and How Kuz played him. You have a guy that will not blow by you, why did you give him space to set up his jumpshot. Please watch tapes Kuz.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
PengShow wrote:
MJST wrote:

that statement is incorrect, because Luke never has a in-game adjustment to begin with.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
PengShow wrote:
MJST wrote:

that statement is incorrect, because Luke never has a in-game adjustment to begin with.

I agree with this.

a. Luke appears to lose track of how many consecutive minutes a player is in to the point of exhaustion.
b. He makes wholesale random lineup substitutions that don't appear to correspond with what's going on the court.
c. He can't draw up a successful out-of-bounds play or defend against one either
d. His timing for timeouts is atrocious. Unlike Phil Jackson who made players play through to get them used to the system he wants them to play, Luke has no coherent system for the players.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is shooting 30% from 3 and is taking close to 6 a game. At what point do you say... Hey Kyle easy on the threes there buddy?
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

He needs to be good enough so other teams don’t scrap the offense to have their PG go 1v1 against him. That’s what happened last night. He’s been better lately but the defense last night was inexcusable.

He played 43 minutes. Give him a break.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Kuzma is shooting 30% from 3 and is taking close to 6 a game. At what point do you say... Hey Kyle easy on the threes there buddy?

I like kuz.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Opposing teams seem to respect his shot and he has gravity that pulls the defender out.

Plus, he's done more than a few fakes and then hard takes at the rim b/c teams think he will launch a 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 421 of 880
Jump to: