OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1. Bosh
2. Odom
3. Love

I think 1/2 did a better job defensively, even if Love is a skilled offensive player. That's why I have those guys over Love.

I agree with this yet I still would choose Odom. I'm probably wrong, but it felt like Bosh kind of disappeared in the playoffs, although he did have a GW in the Finals and the tap out to Allen. He was definitely the superior offensive and defensive player, though.

Yeah. Though when LBJ or Wade was out, Bosh's #s increased as he got more shots attempts, etc. Bosh IMO is a criminally underrated player.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1. Bosh
2. Odom
3. Love

I think 1/2 did a better job defensively, even if Love is a skilled offensive player. That's why I have those guys over Love.

I agree with this yet I still would choose Odom. I'm probably wrong, but it felt like Bosh kind of disappeared in the playoffs, although he did have a GW in the Finals and the tap out to Allen. He was definitely the superior offensive and defensive player, though.

Yeah. Though when LBJ or Wade was out, Bosh's #s increased as he got more shots attempts, etc. Bosh IMO is a criminally underrated player.

Definitely. Got the Love treatment before Love. Everyone liked to think he was an empty numbers guy in Toronto, but at least he was good enough to drag his team to the playoffs. And when Miami was at their best playing some of the best defense the league has EVER seen...well, it revolved around Bosh and his ability to guard the P/R. so, so good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1. Bosh
2. Odom
3. Love

Definitely. Got the Love treatment before Love. Everyone liked to think he was an empty numbers guy in Toronto, but at least he was good enough to drag his team to the playoffs. And when Miami was at their best playing some of the best defense the league has EVER seen...well, it revolved around Bosh and his ability to guard the P/R. so, so good.

People like to talk about KG as a pre-modern day mobile big. But he didn't shoot 3s.

I like to think that Bosh was the pre-modern day mobile big (though KG was a stud). His mobility was amazing. So many games where he's switched to a guard, then runs to the rim to contest a shot and then grab a board. Not too many big men who could do that.

And offensively he had range on his shot.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is our secret weapon for tampering. First guy from our team to communicate with Bron. I heard on ESPNLA the other day that he worked out with Tyson in the summer. Also, didn't he film a commercial with Bron and KD?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Trudell said that Kyle "2K" Kuzma is learning how to pass by playing the video game lol.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

That 3 lmao
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is just gonna have to play better if we're gonna have a shot against certain teams.

I like that he tried to let the game come to him for much of the game but the late aggression didn't pay off, that happens.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Once again he shows he is the #2 option on this team. Tough loss for the team but he battled 37 minutes, 24 points (8-17), 5 assists, 3 reb, 2 stls and 1 blk.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Another great game by Kuzma. Clear number 2, it's not even close
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Once again he shows he is the #2 option on this team. Tough loss for the team but he battled 37 minutes, 24 points (8-17), 5 assists, 3 reb, 2 stls and 1 blk.

He gets a pass on the 3 rebounds in 37 minutes since he was guarding Harden alot.
But anytime your matchup drops a 50 point triple double. It's tough to be happy.
As usual, loved his offense though. He's been overachieving on that side of the ball. He's probably a better scorer than Tatum at this point.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Luke should have ran Kuz 5 more minutes tonight. Instead of having Svi to start the first 5 minutes of the 4th he should have had Kuz out there instead. That stretch really gave Houston momentum to close out the game.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
That 3 lmao

And he was fouled too. Should have been a 4.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

The Kuz - Lebron connection was awful tonight
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is great in putting up numbers but if he is our #2 guy we are not gonna go far... he isn’t consistent enough and tends to disappear in long stretches, we need BI to be the #2 guy if we wanna make a run this year... he has more tools to be the #2 as opposed to Kuzma because he has more variety of ways to score to be the 2nd guy, don’t get me wrong Kuzma has been balling but he simply isn’t a dependable number 2.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Need more rebounds bro, we got outrebounded by 12
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kuzma is great in putting up numbers but if he is our #2 guy we are not gonna go far... he isn’t consistent enough and tends to disappear in long stretches, we need BI to be the #2 guy if we wanna make a run this year... he has more tools to be the #2 as opposed to Kuzma because he has more variety of ways to score to be the 2nd guy, don’t get me wrong Kuzma has been balling but he simply isn’t a dependable number 2.
Totally disagree, you can argue BI can handle the ball better, a better defender, but Kuzma is a lot better than BI when it comes to scoring. BI keeps pounding the ball and the guy needs to really work to get his points. Whereas Kuzma score a lot easier.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't understand, you're saying you have a problem with him inconsistently putting up numbers?
The bolded is untrue.
I agree on this point though, he's not developed enough to be the 2nd option on run in the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Totally disagree, you can argue BI can handle the ball better, a better defender, but Kuzma is a lot better than BI when it comes to scoring. BI keeps pounding the ball and the guy needs to really work to get his points. Whereas Kuzma score a lot easier.

BI does things that a #2 scorer needs

He can draw fouls and get to the FT line better then Kuzma

And yeah Kuzma is a talented scorer but don’t deny what BI can do we are just acting like BI isn’t Important but we have a better chance to consistently win if he is our #2 guy, Kuzma is more of a guy who can play the Bosh role.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And yeah Kuzma is a talented scorer but don’t deny what BI can do we are just acting like BI isn’t Important but we have a better chance to consistently win if he is our #2 guy, Kuzma is more of a guy who can play the Bosh role.

62% from the line .. it would probably be better for the team if he didnt go there
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Sadly I could only listen on the radio to this nightmare of a game. How was Kuz’s defense tonight - any eyeballs on him?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Sadly I could only listen on the radio to this nightmare of a game. How was Kuz’s defense tonight - any eyeballs on him?

He had 2 back to back plays in the 4th quarter where he contested Harden without fouling just after Hart had gotten his 3rd fouling Harden at the 3. But in all honesty, the whole team played defense enough but the refs just kept blowing the whistle on almost every CP3 and Harden flop.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

62% from the line .. it would probably be better for the team if he didnt go there

Kuz was the only one that made all 7/7 of his FTs.

Rest of the team 8/20.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ingram has a .509 TS% for his career. He may do what you think, in the future. But nothing has happened, so far, for you to say that he does those things now.

Realistically, neither are #2's on a title team. At the moment, they are auditioning for whether they can have a large role, once we put a real team around Lebron. And fitting with Lebron is a skill in that regard.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kind of a ludicrous statement. Kuzma is way more advanced at scoring than Ingram. It’s not even close. We need Ingram to be much better. Bottom line is he’s been a disappointment whereas Kuzma has been a nice surprise in terms of expectations.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

He had 2 back to back plays in the 4th quarter where he contested Harden without fouling just after Hart had gotten his 3rd fouling Harden at the 3. But in all honesty, the whole team played defense enough but the refs just kept blowing the whistle on almost every CP3 and Harden flop.

The refs were Sickening The BS calls Harden gets away with Should we even be surprised anymore.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 417 of 880
Jump to: