OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Kuz getting a lot of love from the media this morning as potentially the second star the Lakers are looking for.

He's the #3 guy on a title team, IMO.

I agree.

I like how Broussard (I think it was him) was just about to start the conversation on - "...you know it got me thinking, should the Lakers even go for another max superstar..?" and the other folks on the panel immediately started rolling their eyes, "YES, come on now."

Pretty much my feelings.

If they find a way to get an AD/Kuz/LeBron/Hart/Lonzo lineup, the championship is ours.. I think Magic and LeBron's goal this year was to get the absolute most of BI while making the playoffs. Either you develop him into a star that you keep, or you inflate his trade value and dump him for Davis.

BI doesn't have the value that guys like Tatum or Simmons do, but I don't think he's terribly far off and IMO Kuz is the guy we need to keep between the 2.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Best 5 man lineups (per mins played):

T. Chandler, L. James, B. Ingram, K. Kuzma, J. Hart NetRtg……………...52.9
T. Chandler, L. James, L. Ball, K. Kuzma, J. Hart NetRtg…………………....32.5
J. McGee, K. Kuzma, L. James, B. Ingram, R. Rondo NetRtg……………...29.0
K. Kuzma, L. James, B. Ingram, J. Hart, L. Ball NetRtg…………………......16.1
T. Chandler, K. Kuzma, L. James, B. Ingram, R. Rondo NetRtg…………..10.3

Hon mention:
T. Chandler, K. Kuzma, L. James, B. Ingram, L. Ball, NetRtg……………....3.1

Those aren't the best 5-man lineups. The first lineup's played 12 minutes together, and if we're using THAT low of a sample size then you omitted a Rondo-Lance-KCP-Hart-Zubac lineup that has a +31.2 Net Rating in 19 minutes together. You didn't include the Lonzo/Hart/LeBron/Kuzma/McGee lineup either.

Here are the 4 Lakers lineups that have played the most minutes together. There's a pretty clear conclusion to be drawn here.

https://i.imgur.com/lMjPLV9.png

The Rondo-Lance-KCP-Hart-Zubac lineup clearly won’t be starting so no point including it but if you want to then they will clearly be our 3rd best starting lineup.

The pretty clear conclusion if you look at the lineups objectively is to bench McGee and Ball, they are the only net negative in the starting lineup, if we want to go by our best 5 players.

Not sure why you’re confused our best lineup objectively speaking according to NetRtg and mins played is the lineup of:

C. Chandler
Pf. Kuzma
Sf. Lebron
Sg. Hart
Pg. Ingram

But it’s not that simple is it, I see why you are confused because it doesn’t agree with your narrative of BI bringing the team down and wanting him traded or coming off the bench

TC too old to play more minutes if you want him to be effective. BI is not even a good fit at 2 so forget 1. He can't guard PGs that are quick. His best position is 3.

Those are your opinions, not facts. TC too old but he is leading our team in NetRtg = fact. BI had his best stretch of his career last season playing PG = fact. So don’t pass your opinion as some kind of knowledge because it isn’t according to the stats provided.

We were a 35 win team last season and I was talking about defensive match ups. Taking small sample size and ignoring TC is 36 might be right on paper, but not common sense. Also stop snubbing line ups if you post them like it's as per net rating ranking lol. At least be factual rather than try to mislead folks who won't cross check.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

Those aren't the best 5-man lineups. The first lineup's played 12 minutes together, and if we're using THAT low of a sample size then you omitted a Rondo-Lance-KCP-Hart-Zubac lineup that has a +31.2 Net Rating in 19 minutes together. You didn't include the Lonzo/Hart/LeBron/Kuzma/McGee lineup either.

Here are the 4 Lakers lineups that have played the most minutes together. There's a pretty clear conclusion to be drawn here.

The Rondo-Lance-KCP-Hart-Zubac lineup clearly won’t be starting so no point including it but if you want to then they will clearly be our 3rd best starting lineup.

The pretty clear conclusion if you look at the lineups objectively is to bench McGee and Ball, they are the only net negative in the starting lineup, if we want to go by our best 5 players.

Not sure why you’re confused our best lineup objectively speaking according to NetRtg and mins played is the lineup of:

C. Chandler
Pf. Kuzma
Sf. Lebron
Sg. Hart
Pg. Ingram

But it’s not that simple is it, I see why you are confused because it doesn’t agree with your narrative of BI bringing the team down and wanting him traded or coming off the bench

Not on mins played.

Here’s the link: https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612747

Lineup you mentioned only played 12 total mins together. They are ranked 19th in that list.

it’s up to Luke to play the lineup more, but it is one of our best lineups according NetRtg and mins played.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Kuz getting a lot of love from the media this morning as potentially the second star the Lakers are looking for.

I agree.

I like how Broussard (I think it was him) was just about to start the conversation on - "...you know it got me thinking, should the Lakers even go for another max superstar..?" and the other folks on the panel immediately started rolling their eyes, "YES, come on now."

Pretty much my feelings.

If they find a way to get an AD/Kuz/LeBron/Hart/Lonzo lineup, the championship is ours.. I think Magic and LeBron's goal this year was to get the absolute most of BI while making the playoffs. Either you develop him into a star that you keep, or you inflate his trade value and dump him for Davis.

BI doesn't have the value that guys like Tatum or Simmons do, but I don't think he's terribly far off and IMO Kuz is the guy we need to keep between the 2.

that lineup would definitely cause problems. add in a competent bench and i like our chances as much as anyone, esp if KD leaves GS.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

C. Chandler
Pf. Kuzma
Sf. Lebron
Sg. Hart
Pg. Ingram

TC too old to play more minutes if you want him to be effective. BI is not even a good fit at 2 so forget 1. He can't guard PGs that are quick. His best position is 3.

Those are your opinions, not facts. TC too old but he is leading our team in NetRtg = fact. BI had his best stretch of his career last season playing PG = fact. So don’t pass your opinion as some kind of knowledge because it isn’t according to the stats provided.

We were a 35 win team last season and I was talking about defensive match ups. Taking small sample size and ignoring TC is 36 might be right on paper, but not common sense. Also stop snubbing line ups if you post them like it's as per net rating ranking lol. At least be factual rather than try to mislead folks who won't cross check.

I didn’t snub lineups, I discerned between lineups that clearly didn’t make sense full of bench players that didn’t even include Lebron! Lol that’s common sense
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

C. Chandler
Pf. Kuzma
Sf. Lebron
Sg. Hart
Pg. Ingram

I didn’t snub lineups, I discerned between lineups that clearly didn’t make sense full of bench players that didn’t even include Lebron! Lol that’s common sense

You didn't include Lebron, McGee, Kuzma, Hart and ZO line up that had 10.7 net rating. Yet included TC, Kuzma, Bron, BI and Rondo that had 10.3. So I am not talking about the bench players if you can start addressing the main line up GT pointed out as well . Is it a coincidence that you missed the first line up or 'cos BI would be out of 2 line ups in top 5?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

C. Chandler
Pf. Kuzma
Sf. Lebron
Sg. Hart
Pg. Ingram

Not on mins played.

Here’s the link: https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612747

Lineup you mentioned only played 12 total mins together. They are ranked 19th in that list.

it’s up to Luke to play the lineup more, but it is one of our best lineups according NetRtg and mins played.

Not mins played.

If you’re going to keep defending that lineup that only plays 1:41 min per game on the floor, then you might as well tell Luke to keep playing the lineup of:

LeBron
Kuzma
Hart
Rondo
Ball

^ that lineup has a freakish NetRtg of +75.0 much more than your prefered lineup and play almost the same amount of time 1:30 on the floor together.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

C. Chandler
Pf. Kuzma
Sf. Lebron
Sg. Hart
Pg. Ingram

Not on mins played.

Not mins played.

If you’re going to keep defending that lineup that only plays 1:41 min per game on the floor, then you might as well tell Luke to keep playing the lineup of:

LeBron
Kuzma
Hart
Rondo
Ball

^ that lineup has a freakish NetRtg of +125.0 more than double your preferred lineup, and play almost the same amount of time 1:30 on the floor together.

I actually think that is our best small ball lineup and could be really effective in certain situations.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

You seem to have a difficult time interpreting data.

How so? Please use your expertise and teach me how to interpret this data

If GT can't help you see why omitting lineups and not paying heed to minutes for statistical significance then I suggest you enroll in a community college course to gain the insight you seek.

What I see is someone with an agenda who is manipulating data to fit his agenda rather than using it as a tool for insightful objectivity in decision making.

But that's none of my business at this point so I'll go sip some tea.

#BannersOverBillboards
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

If GT can't help you see why omitting lineups and not paying heed to minutes for statistical significance then I suggest you enroll in a community college course to gain the insight you seek.

What I see is someone with an agenda who is manipulating data to fit his agenda rather than using it as a tool for insightful objectivity in decision making.

Dude here is the link:
https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612747/lineups-advanced/

Educate yourself and explore the data yourself and make of it what you want to. I have no agenda and I didn’t manipulate anything. I posted facts and my interpretation of it. Form your own opinion, be your own person and not a zombie.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Hon mention:

Dude here is the link:
https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612747/lineups-advanced/

Educate yourself and explore the data yourself and make of it what you want to. I have no agenda and I didn’t manipulate anything. I posted facts and my interpretation of it. Form your own opinion, be your own person and not a zombie.

Yep.
Your interpretation sucked.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma played like an All-Star last night, and he's been doing it for the last 5 games. So very impressive. This could be his break out year 0.0
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

@GT is about go be on ESPN710 RIGHT NOW
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

C. Chandler
Pf. Kuzma
Sf. Lebron
Sg. Hart
Pg. Ingram

You came to this conclusion based on a lineup that's played 12 minutes together over 27 games? Really?
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Next step is to figure out how to put points on the board when the timer freezes.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kuzma played like an All-Star last night, and he's been doing it for the last 5 games. So very impressive. This could be his break out year 0.0

But don't we suck at evaluating talent in the draft?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma inspires YMCA youth to give back to their community

A small visit from Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma made a big impact on the youth of Los Angeles.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/12/11/18137115/la-lakers-kyle-kuzma-inspires-ymca-youth-give-back-community-los-angeles-charity
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

The chemistry between Kuz and The King is obvious.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Yep they both wore denim jackets to the Heat game.
I wonder who texted who before the game.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Yep they both wore denim jackets to the Heat game.
I wonder who texted who before the game.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma said he sent a highlight of his behind the backboard shot to Kobe. "Made sure he saw that" lol

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1072959911779229696?s=21
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
pokoy wrote:

wow

that's a bigly opinion
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Can we say Kuz is already better than Kevin Love from last year?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Can we say Kuz is already better than Kevin Love from last year?

All star Kevin love who had a .614 TS% and 18.6% Reb rate?
Not yet.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

It seems like the game has slowed down for Kuz and he's attacking what the defense gives him while being aware of his teammates. He showed flashes of this last season too with the playmaking but now he's really starting to see plays develop sooner and making the right read. The same seems to be happening on defense with his awareness in rotating. He's moving his feet well too on D, no more matador
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 415 of 880
Jump to: