John Ireland just said all indications...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

BTW, the above is not meant to imply that anything is imminent, either. Just remember, whenever you hear anything spoken of in absolute terms, either positive or negative, take it with a grain of salt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't see how the Lakers can't be trying to improve this roster. There HAS to be some kind of deal major/minor whatever brewing. We're just not good enough.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I hate to fan the flames, but I will make an observation: When someone is saying a team "will not" make a deal, what are they saying? They're saying that even though the trade deadline is 10 days away, teams are all talking to each other, and talk increases as the deadline draws near; even though some teams make their final decisions as late as possible about whether to contend now or dump players and re-tool; even though there's about a zillion phone calls left to be made, the Lakers have already decided they aren't going to hear anything they like, and therefore they're going to stand pat.

Must be because the Lakers are currently 52-0 and all 12 of their guys are untouchable.

EXACTLY!!! Thanks Larry!
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

If they want to deal theyre prolly looking for tri experienced guys

From the top of my mind I remember:

Horry
Fish
Madsen
Pargo
Rush

Anyone else?

* LoL I just posted the same thing on 3 threads talking about Laker trade rumors.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

yeah Bob's Big Boy really knows what's going on. Isn't this the same dude that got on CBS 2 sports central and announced the Bender trade this summer?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
Now, I think we are making a move
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

gfunksta wrote:
If Mitchy Boy doesn't make a trade and Kobe leads the Lakers into the playoffs THERE IS NO FREAKIN' WAY KOBE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE THE MVP.

That would be a strong argument. There would have been both personal and corporate success. Most critics want to see both when it comes to an MVP.
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
yeah Bob's Big Boy really knows what's going on. Isn't this the same dude that got on CBS 2 sports central and announced the Bender trade this summer?

Lionel, this deal that you say is going to happen, will it propel us into contender status or just solid 5-8 seed playoff team?

btw, is it for a big man or guard?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

He said it will be for a front-court player and a back-court player if i'm not wrong.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

lionballer7 wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:

Lionel, this deal that you say is going to happen, will it propel us into contender status or just solid 5-8 seed playoff team?

btw, is it for a big man or guard?

If I may interject... even if a trade made us a contender come playoff time, we still couldn't be better than a 5-8 seed this year. Too much ground to make up.

A 5-8 seed this year, plus some [finally] SOLID MLE signings (at least 2 year's worth), could finally give us something to sit back and watch gel.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:

You're right. Those weren't smokescreens we saw when the Lakers were running around telling everyone they wanted to do anything in their power to nab Gerald Green, right? You know, so that they could steal Bynum? That was just them being direct?

Some of you seriously need to stop acting like little children. Dang. You read this forum and I'd swear all of you were 5 friggin years old. "John Ireland said it was true, so I'm going to throw a trantrum! Fire them all, so there!!!" Do you realize how inane of a source that is, first of all, or do you not even care. If someone says it that's enough for you? Does the history of this franchise mean nothing to do? The 2nd year into a rebuild and you've completely forgotten the repeated dynasties this owner has honored our city with? If they don't rebuild in a minute, that's your attitude?

Good grief. Crap attitude. Lack of appreciation. Ingratitude. Terrible fanship. Sometimes it seems like the Lakers organization deserves to move to a city where the fans will actually appreciate all they do to try to win for us, instead of being ready to trash management after so little time spent rebuilding. It's truly sad in here sometimes.

Amen.

Reading these boards can be depressing sometimes. Actually, the negativity has gotten me to the point sometimes where i'm just pissed off and as close as I'll ever get to being embarassed to be a Laker fan.

A lot of "fans" here need a healthy dose of Ritalin and need to cut down on the knee jerk posts. Not get rid of them all -- no fun in that -- just cut down a little.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: John Ireland just said all indications...

gfunksta wrote:
John Ireland just said all indications...

What is a John Ireland?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

the organization probably released that statment cause that dummy peter vecsey wrote about lakers offering odom for frye.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

This just in: the Lakers have not contacted Philip Jackson. Jerry Buss said so......... Meanwhile Jackson has already agreed to a contract.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
This just in: the Lakers have not contacted Philip Jackson. Jerry Buss said so......... Meanwhile Jackson has already agreed to a contract.

Word.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:

But what is said to the media, MUST be true Lionel. Afterall, what purpose does it serve to lie?

As always, keep the info coming, Lionel. I, for one, appreciate it.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Homerism and idiocy runs rampant on any forum dedicated to a specific pro sports team. I don't understand why some of you are surprised.

Focusing back to the topic: John Ireland's agenda is to the best interest of Lakers. I almost regard him as one of Lakers' pr guy. Just ask yourself, what do Lakers gain by publicly stating they are negotiating for a trade?
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

thanks Lionel, much appreciated.
JayInLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Like I said, nothing is going to happen.

Lionel and other insiders haven't said much other than something will happen but never really said when. Maybe they were talking about next year?

I will believe it when I see it....last season with the whole Bender and KG bogus trades, why should we believe otherwise.

Plus, with those so-called insiders, who are their sources? They must not always be reliable because 99.9% of the time, nothing ever happens. I would have to say, some are not good.

That's every pretentious insider's cop-out response. The vauge "something will happen" remark that never really entails anything other than an easy way out of an otherwise unfounded 'editorial'. The only true insiders are those that work with-in the association, not some shmuck that garners information from internet sources like the rest of us.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

They gain nothing. All it does is serve notice to the League that, "AHH HELL!! Here come those freakin' Lakers again."

With Kobe looking like a Prime Michael Jordan out there, who WOULDN'T want to do any and everything to jump in and stop any possible deal that helps the Lakers.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

JayInLA wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Lionel and other insiders haven't said much other than something will happen but never really said when. Maybe they were talking about next year?

I will believe it when I see it....last season with the whole Bender and KG bogus trades, why should we believe otherwise.

Plus, with those so-called insiders, who are their sources? They must not always be reliable because 99.9% of the time, nothing ever happens. I would have to say, some are not good.

That's every pretentious insider's cop-out response. The vauge "something will happen" remark that never really entails anything other than an easy way out of an otherwise unfounded 'editorial'. The only true insiders are those that work with-in the association, not some shmuck that garners information from internet sources like the rest of us.

:roll:
JayInLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
JayInLA wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

You keep sniffing his butt, while those of us with any common sense look elsewhere.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:

JayInLA wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
JayInLA wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

You keep sniffing his butt, while those of us with any common sense look elsewhere.

And when he proves to be right? What will you say then? How will you react?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I can't see the Lakers making any moves but I'm really curious to see what they might be trying to put together.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

You joined in May of 2003, JayInLA, you have to remember Lionel being right about Coach K being contacted? Rudy T resigning and Phil coming back? He called Phil coming back in Feb/March. WAY before ANY media hack even THOUGHT to say that Phil would come back to coach his most hated enemy, Kobe Bryant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: