John Ireland just said all indications...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiehardLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
I'm thinking this is a smokescreen. I'm sure John Ireland knows better and is not going to pull a Jack Haley.

what smokescreen? our upper management is too incompetent to use smokescreens. they're a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. screw our upper management
gfunksta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject:

If Mitchy Boy doesn't make a trade and Kobe leads the Lakers into the playoffs THERE IS NO FREAKIN' WAY KOBE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE THE MVP.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

This isn't Mitch guys. This is the Buss family.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Can anyone of our insiders tell us if this thing is a smokescreen or not??
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Can anyone of our insiders tell us if this thing is a smokescreen or not??

Are you serious?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

You don't have take any word of those on internet forums to know the Lakers are active at this trade deadline. It's been reported on in different places...and Mitch even hinted at one of the things he's looking for.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

DiehardLakerFan wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:
I'm thinking this is a smokescreen. I'm sure John Ireland knows better and is not going to pull a Jack Haley.

what smokescreen? our upper management is too incompetent to use smokescreens. they're a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. screw our upper management

You realize that includes the Owner right?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Every GM is active but most important question is will the Lakers get a deal done?
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't think the Lakers will make a move, because they probably won't find something they want and if they do, they won't have the pieces to get it. But, I think anyone saying they aren't pursuing moves is just plain lying. There is NO WAY this team isn't trying to make a move. Now whether they'll be successful at the attempt is another thing all together.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

All indications are that we will either have a 1% chance of getting some reliable insider information before the trade deadline.

Also, all indications were that Carlos Boozer's hamstrings would heal before Rony Turiaf completed his open heart surgery and rehab.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:

You are a wise man.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

DiehardLakerFan wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:

You're right. Those weren't smokescreens we saw when the Lakers were running around telling everyone they wanted to do anything in their power to nab Gerald Green, right? You know, so that they could steal Bynum? That was just them being direct?

Some of you seriously need to stop acting like little children. Dang. You read this forum and I'd swear all of you were 5 friggin years old. "John Ireland said it was true, so I'm going to throw a trantrum! Fire them all, so there!!!" Do you realize how inane of a source that is, first of all, or do you not even care. If someone says it that's enough for you? Does the history of this franchise mean nothing to do? The 2nd year into a rebuild and you've completely forgotten the repeated dynasties this owner has honored our city with? If they don't rebuild in a minute, that's your attitude?

Good grief. Crap attitude. Lack of appreciation. Ingratitude. Terrible fanship. Sometimes it seems like the Lakers organization deserves to move to a city where the fans will actually appreciate all they do to try to win for us, instead of being ready to trash management after so little time spent rebuilding. It's truly sad in here sometimes.

Last edited by LakerJam on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam . . are you saying the Lakers are using a Smokescreen to hide the real story?
Lakerholic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:

I'm hoping this means that the Buss family is trying to make something happen...
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I just don't understand how Phil can leave talent sitting on the bench because they don't know the triangle yet after all these months of practicing it, but he would be willing to insert a brand new player mid-season. It just doesn't sound like Phil. I am starting to think minor or no trade.

Minor being another one of those injured players who never play like McKie or Divac.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
LakerJam . . are you saying the Lakers are using a Smokescreen to hide the real story?

No, I'm saying that if you (not you, specifically, but just in general) are using John Ireland as your source to the Laker plans and intentions, and you're ready to fry the Lakers over what Ireland says, then I've got a nice bridge to sell you.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerJam wrote:

You're right. Those weren't smokescreens we saw when the Lakers were running around telling everyone they wanted to do anything in their power to nab Gerald Green, right? You know, so that they could steal Bynum? That was just them being direct?

The Lakers never said they were going after Gerald Green. At last year's season ticket-holder meeting, Mitch brought up the possibility of drafting a high-school player. He never mentioned any names. People just assumed it was Green because he was the most high profile prep-schooler in the draft. No one even knew who Andrew Bynum was.

If there was any smokescreen it was caused by fan and media speculation.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

IMO Lakers will make a roster move. They HAVE to make the playoffs.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Well, that confirms it. A trade is likely going to go down SOON.

Everytime you hear this kinda thing, something's about to happen.

Sit back and have faith.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Thread that that have ... in the title are...

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
4 Pointer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Getting closer to the deadline and trade questions will come up so management and those in the organization were probably all instructed to say they don't expect a deal, of course they wouldn't say they expected one.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

The Lakers never said they were going after Gerald Green. At last year's season ticket-holder meeting, Mitch brought up the possibility of drafting a high-school player. He never mentioned any names. People just assumed it was Green because he was the most high profile prep-schooler in the draft. No one even knew who Andrew Bynum was.

If there was any smokescreen it was caused by fan and media speculation.

The Lakers were constantly leaking information to media sources that they were hot after Gerald Green. Perhaps you missed it, but that's the truth. They never named him at the Season Tix meeting, but they did leak that info. out there. The Lakers were extremely sneaky in ensuring that Bynum would be there for them at 10. They let other teams believe they were HOT after Green. Yet there he was, available to us at 10 and we didn't take him.

That is the essence of a smokescreen, thus of course they use them.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

Sit back and have faith.

LOL. I actually believe that's very realistic.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Sit back and have faith.

LOL. I actually believe that's very realistic.

Isn't it though? I swear, everytime this sorta thing is said, that's a red flag that something IS about to happen. You'll NEVER hear the GM of a .500 team say "Yeah, we're happy with the team of average talent being just that...average. The season ticket holders sure aren't paying average price though!!! HAHAH...they're getting ripped off!!!"

Expect a trade.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I hate to fan the flames, but I will make an observation: When someone is saying a team "will not" make a deal, what are they saying? They're saying that even though the trade deadline is 10 days away, teams are all talking to each other, and talk increases as the deadline draws near; even though some teams make their final decisions as late as possible about whether to contend now or dump players and re-tool; even though there's about a zillion phone calls left to be made, the Lakers have already decided they aren't going to hear anything they like, and therefore they're going to stand pat.

Must be because the Lakers are currently 52-0 and all 12 of their guys are untouchable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: