Pressure

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kwame54Brown
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Pressure

I got the last part about the rebuilding from somewere on LG,

90% of us Laker fans have not realized how much pressure our Laker players are under. Most of this starting 5 should come off the bench.

Chris Mihm: This guy averaged 6 points per game, in 20 minutes per game out of the Lakers. He came to the Los Angeles Lakers in order to replace Shaq. How can a guy like this replace Shaq? Everyone is saying he has to be good in order for us to win, but how can a guy putting up those numbers be compared to Shaq? On Lakers.com when he was first aquired it said Lakers got Chris Mihm for a replacment of Shaq. He has been doing great for us, I expected him to throw up barely 5 points and 5 boards a game, but he has proved me wrong.

Kwame Brown: Even though he was drafted number one, he doesn't have the skill of a dominate Power Foward. He has shown us signs that he can be really powerful, but we are expecting too much out of him, and making him really nervous. Give Kwame time to adjust without Micheal Jordan up his ass.

Lamar Odom: Lamar is a good player overall just not the right fit in the Lakers. When he was in Miami he was doing very well for himself and making others around him better. In the Lakers he is forced to give up a lot by being a team mate of Kobe Bryant's. Lamar needs the ball in his hands to function correctly, he seems dozed off most of the time when he dosn't and Kobe does something spectacular. I could think of a lot of teams where Lamar would be a better player, bottom line is Lamar is under tremendious pressure here in Los Angeles because so much is expected of him. Lamar just needs to get his head into the game and he should be alright.

Kobe Bryant: This guy is just amazing, but in all his greatness he is not a one man team. He needs to learn to trust his team mates a little more, but how can he when they don't make the open shots they always get when he is double teamed and sometimes even trippled. For him it is hard because he does not have his "long lost buddy" in Shaq. For all its worth Kobe is the greatest player in the NBA as of right now. People complain about how he does not get the amount of assists he should, Kobe has so many "would be" assists its not even funny. Kobe would be averaging 35/9 a game but his team mates aren't worth much. If Kobe had the supporting cast of lets see....a Labron James people would be quick to change their tune about Kobe.

Smush Parker: This undrafted kid out of New York is sometimes a fun player to watch, but most of the time he gets on our nerves. He needs to realize when to go for the steals and gambe when the game is on the line. No one expected him to be what he is now though, he barely played in the NBA before he came here, averaging 3 points per game. He showed us that he has outstanding defense, is not afraid to dunk, and can explode at times. I am really happy with Smush Parker, without him we would be going nowhere because our other point gaurd Aaron Mckie is injured, and 39 years old.

Brian Cook: He was drafted number 24, and was really doubted. He shows us that when he catches fire, a fire truck cant even put him off. At 6'9 he is one of the only big men that can hit long range shots, and he has one of the most quickest shot realeses in the NBA. He started off with barely any minutes, but thanks to Rudy T. he has shown some skill, and got Phil Jacksons respect to get playing minutes. He is trying harder than ever this season to do well so he will get a new contract with the Lakers.

Overall: We are the only team in the league that is in playoff position with one star.
Teams that are not in rebuilding mode that aren't playoff teams currently:

Utah,Golden State,Houston

Teams that are in rebuilding mode that aren't playoff teams currently:

Sacramento, Minnesota, Seattle, Portland, Chicago,Orlando,Boston,Toronto,Atlanta,New York,Charlotte

Teams that are in rebuilding mode that ARE playoff teams currently:

LAKERS

Teams that have been playoff team since week one of this season:

San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, Clippers, Memphis, Detroit, Miami, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Washington, Philadelphia, and LAKERS

All other teams have either alternated between being playoff teams or not; or they've never been in the playoff race thus far. So when compared to the league the Lakers are actually one of this seasons MOST consistent teams thus far.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Theres so many exagerations, I don't even know where to begin with this garbage of a post
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
Theres so many exagerations, I don't even know where to begin with this garbage of a post

Ouch
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Seems like an optimistic assessment. I agree with parts of it.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I actually started a thread that was half-dedicated to Kobe's "would be" assists.

But even I realize saying he'd have 9 apg instead of 4.5 is a pretty big
exaggeration.

Smush showing us he has great defense is a bit of a stretch too (even if
he ain't bad some games, he's subpar more often than not).

Outside of that I think it's a pretty good post.

Maybe "optomistic" like Sage said, but nothin' drastic.
saidodeh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I like this thread. You are right about most players. The only one i do not agree with is Kwame Brown. Kwame is a bust. accept it people. Horrible drafting by the Wizards and horrible way to help him get some skills. The kid is strong and all but no bball skill whatsoever. i like what he is doing lately for the lakers, though. my expectations for him now are sooooooooo low that when he gets like 6 points and 6 boards on 40 % shooting im happy for the great night he just had.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pressure

Kwame54Brown wrote:

Teams that are not in rebuilding mode that aren't playoff teams currently:

Utah,Golden State,Houston

Those teams are in rebuilding mode every season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: