The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
To your first question, if you are going to assume Davis will re-sign , I will assume that George would have signed last season if the Lakers had not chosen to chase James and make George the sidekick. Will Davis like being a sidekick? A signature on a contract will answer that question.

This is nonsensical.

PG13 would never have come by himself. He's shown he's a follower.

Meanwhile AD is actually here, and as you admit, b/c of LBJ. Bad logic my friend.

Folks limiting LBJ's ceiling as a Laker to a team that was a poor fit all around. Why not wait until this season at the very least? The rush to judgment is mind boggling.

I don’t believe the poster was limiting James’ ceiling, just asking why LeBron didn’t show more heart during his introductory season with LA.
Seems like a fair question.

Has nothing to do with the notion that PG13 would have signed here and comparing that with AD.

That’s true. But the post was quite a bit longer than the part you quoted, so I was referring more to what he had written near the bottom.

And that is why i excerpted the part I wanted to discuss.

But then you mentioned the poster limiting LeBron’s ceiling, which seemed to be something he touched on in a different part of his lengthy post. Maybe quote that part too next time to keep things on the level

Last edited by LaLaLakeShow on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Really think anyone at this point trade marking Taco Tuesday shouldn’t be allowed IMO. I think most of us celebrate Taco Tuesday one form or another and Lebron trade marking Taco Tuesday like he made up the term is kind of ridiculous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Really think anyone at this point trade marking Taco Tuesday shouldn’t be allowed IMO. I think most of us celebrate Taco Tuesday one form or another and Lebron trade marking Taco Tuesday like he made up the term is kind of ridiculous

For Real. Such arrogance. That phrase has been around and in common usage for decades. When you’re that disgustingly wealthy cash grabs like this just make you look like a f***ing jerk
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
realking24 wrote:

For Real. Such arrogance. That phrase has been around and in common usage for decades. When you’re that disgustingly wealthy cash grabs like this just make you look like a f***ing jerk

Relax. Think people are taking this was too serious. He and his team can do whatever they want. It's a business. Clam down.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

This Taco Tuesday mess from LeBron isn't surprising. I have zero respect for this dude at all times.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Relax. Think people are taking this was too serious. He and his team can do whatever they want. It's a business. Clam down.

You first

Last edited by LaLaLakeShow on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
This Taco Tuesday mess from LeBron isn't surprising. I have zero respect for this dude at all times.

You gotta hand it to him, he’s got people fooled.
True politician fo’ reeeal 😂
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.

Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.

Yep. Some Laker fans still think they're doing him the favor.

He isn't doing fans any favors.

That is an absurd thing to say. Hes an All Time great who brought along another star to our bumbling organization that can't do anything right except be in Los Angeles. If fans want to let their weird LeBron hangups get in the way of enjoying having one of the GOATs play for their team I feel sorry for them.

Your comments are arguably just as absurd. James coming to the Lakers was not done as any favor to the fans or organization. It was a mutually beneficial and calculated business move by James and the Lakers. The success of the decisions are still to be determined based on winning a championship or not.

James is certainly in the conversation for GOAT but on his last couple Farewell Tour years. He was able to add to his resume the cachet of the Lakers legacy (even with the down years) while adding to his career stats. With the benefit of being near his entertainment business and lifestyle choices.

Not considering last a year a “favor” to the fans. James didn’t get his promised co-star and spent the year coasting on defense and being disruptive instead of a max contract franchise leader as he chose to be with the Lakers.

Also, I would not consider James the main reason Davis is a Laker. The organization had to pay a hell of a price for a one year rental and the hope he signs a contract next summer. To date, which marquee free agent has chosen to play with James? The cap and opportunity has been there but none have chosen to do so.

Both James and the Lakers knew what they were agreeing to. No one was doing a favor for the other. Lakers get the headlines and marketing and James gets a comfortable last stop before he retires. IMO the failure or success is based upon the Championship he is expected to deliver by fans.

That is the only “favor” I want from him and the team.

Chose to be disruptive? What did he do that was disruptive? And I don't even understand what you're getting at with this point about no marquee free agent choosing to play with LeBron. What exactly is your point? It's deceptive to even frame it that way, for one. Why limit the parameters to free agents (though Wade and Bosh would technically count, but I'm sure you wouldn't even count that one)? Kevin Love and AD were traded to Cleveland and LA respectively, both involving recruitment from LeBron. We don't know much about LeBron's role behind the scenes as it pertains to AD, but he and Love had a conversation prior to the MIN-CLE deal that sealed it. Love was not a free agent, but he was a marquee player who willingly signed up to play with LeBron.

And with AD it's essentially the same thing. Not a free agent, but they obviously would've discussed the possibility of playing together prior to the trade since they knew it could get done. The Lakers were on AD's list of preferred teams when he asked to be traded. That is the same thing as choosing to play with LeBron unless you think it slipped AD's memory that LeBron was on the team? But you're going to dismiss the fact that AD chose to play with LeBron just to arbitrarily assert that he wasn't a free agent so it doesn't count? That's pretty asinine. I guess you don't think Paul George chose to play with Kawhi either, right?

Last edited by Judah on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject:

https://i.redd.it/wc53dplei3k31.jpg
https://i.redd.it/lsv3wojbb3k31.jpg
Bron and AD

LeBron hype video from the Lakers IG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1w3WjfgZKc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous. Perhaps, the "culture misappropriation" liberals will finally stand up for a worthy cause and shame him into not filing for the trademark, lol. Also, if I was Tacko Fall (or even Trader Danny), I'd file a trademark for the term "Tacko Tuesday"... then post the following tweet:

Trademark achieved for Tacko Tuesday! 🖕👑🖕

(Don't know if the smileys can be seen proper on the forum, that's two middle fingers flanking a king smiley.)
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

It’ll be fun to watch the USPTO ‘block’ this shot at a trademark.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject:

Living amongst Immortal Men who watching over me on the daily! Blessed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B19vfcOgWVP/?igshid=uoqelufqpl72
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous. Perhaps, the "culture misappropriation" liberals will finally stand up for a worthy cause and shame him into not filing for the trademark, lol. Also, if I was Tacko Fall (or even Trader Danny), I'd file a trademark for the term "Tacko Tuesday"... then post the following tweet:

(Don't know if the smileys can be seen proper on the forum, that's two middle fingers flanking a king smiley.)

Dude, moderate the hate. "Taco Tuesday" is already trademarked - by Taco John's. LBJ's attempt will most likely have the trademark removed and have "Taco Tuesday" put into the public domain so that he (and everyone else) can use the term w/o the threat of a lawsuit.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Dude, moderate the hate. "Taco Tuesday" is already trademarked - by Taco John's. LBJ's attempt will most likely have the trademark removed and have "Taco Tuesday" put into the public domain so that he (and everyone else) can use the term w/o the threat of a lawsuit.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James relishes playing underneath numbers of Kobe and Shaq

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/09/03/lebron-james-relishes-playing-underneath-numbers-of-kobe-and-shaq/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=recirc-most-popular

https://www.instagram.com/p/B19vfcOgWVP/?utm_source=ig_embed
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LeBron James relishes playing underneath numbers of Kobe and Shaq

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/09/03/lebron-james-relishes-playing-underneath-numbers-of-kobe-and-shaq/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=recirc-most-popular

https://www.instagram.com/p/B19vfcOgWVP/?utm_source=ig_embed

THAT’S an article??? Lol God, USA Today is a joke

Plus, this is a guy who has already claimed for himself GOAT status. Does anyone actually believe the words on that Instagram post? Give me a break
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

The LEGOAT JAMES Thread.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Oh c'mon, call things down the middle regardless of who you like or think you need to support. His attempt to trademark this particular term is ridiculous. I don't know enough about Taco John's to comment about that... but I disagree with anyone trademarking anything they didn't come up with or make famous themselves. Anyway, if his attempt is simply to have the term put back into the public domain so he and anyone else can use it, then I'd salute him... but you know that's not what he's doing. LeBron seems the delusional type, about things like this at least... meaning, he probably thinks he made the term famous (or more famous than it is) simply because he uses it often in his tweets and IG posts. He actually wants to trademark the term because he uses it often (!) ... and not because he's connected to Tacos or Mexican food in any way. I don't care if he has future "plans" to open a taco restaurant either... he doesn't have one right now and I'd still be opposed to it even if he did.

PS: I wasn't hating btw... just trying to make a coupla funnies with the smileys and Tacko Tuesday thing.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:57 pm; edited 6 times in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Oh c'mon, grow a backbone and call things down the middle regardless of who you like or think you need to support. This attempt to trademark this particular term is ridiculous. I don't know enough about Taco John's to comment about that... but I disagree with anyone trademarking anything they didn't come up with or make famous themselves. Anyway, if his attempt is simply to have the term put back into the public domain so he and anyone else can use it, then I'd salute him... but you know that's not what he's doing. LeBron seems the delusional type, about things like this at least... meaning, he probably thinks he made the term famous because of his tweets and IG posts.

PS: I wasn't hating btw... just trying to make a coupla funnies with the smileys and Tacko Tuesday thing.

👍
People so quick to throw the word Hate around
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

It's all good. I'm not much of a LeBron fan and can see why it would be interpreted that way because of some of my past posts.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

It's all good. I'm not much of a LeBron fan and can see why it would be interpreted that way because of some of my past posts.

I’m not a fan of his either but that doesn’t mean I have hatred in my heart for the guy. I don’t much respect him and find him to be very two faced. He’s shown enough of this type of behavior for quite a while and I don’t think it’s immoral to formulate opinions on people when taking into account their blatant and self righteous behavior.
But he’s one of the greats and now he’s a Laker, so whuddaya gonna do?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

I’m not a fan of his either but that doesn’t mean I have hatred in my heart for the guy. I don’t much respect him and find him to be very two faced. He’s shown enough of this type of behavior for quite a while and I don’t think it’s immoral to formulate opinions on people when taking into account their blatant and self righteous behavior.

Well, I just don't like him being on the Lakers.

Whuddaya gonna do? Grin and bear it for the next 3 years while dreaming up multiple fantasy trade scenarios and posting them in the Free Agency and Trade thread? That's what I'm doing, lol. Doesn't help much... not yet at least. A trophy will help lots though!

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Grin and bear it for the next 3 years while dreaming up multiple fantasy trade scenarios and posting them in the Free Agency and Trade thread? That's what I'm doing, lol. Doesn't help much... not yet at least. A trophy will help lots though!

Lol. Trade scenarios...I wonder what LeBron could net us, hypothetically. We’re obviously not trading him. But I’d love to know.
In the meantime....Yes to the trophy!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27564556/wade-plans-work-lebron-games

DWade is planning to work out with Lebron before every (home?) game. He says he’s done, but is going to stay in shape just in case...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1162 of 2079
Jump to: