The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2098, 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:
Klutch Sports send out E-Mails to Sportswriters to vote LeBron for MVP but not fellow Klutch client and friend Anthony Davis

@ApexJones22
"WHAT THEY DO!"

Weeks ago, Ric Bucher exposed Lebron and Klutch Sports for sending out emails to media promoting Lebron for MVP.

Today, the audio came out 👇🏿

Imagine being AD, having an MVP/DPOY-caliber season, covering for Lebron's no-defense-playin ass ALL SEASON, and he orders Rich Paul to promote him for MVP instead of you.

You'd think AD would be tired of this dude by now - He stole AD's FMVP in The Bubble, set him up every year to be blamed for not taking the reins when it was him NOT GIVING UP the reins, played selfishly to chase Kareem then abandoned the team while AD carried em to the play-in, then came back in playing selfishly. Now he promotes himSELF over AD. I wonder if Trae Young saw them 🐍 in the grass when he decided to leave for CAA 🤔
https://twitter.com/ApexJones22/status/1788353716409508240

Maximus A. Smith
@pete_nocchio1 5h

Ric Bucher said he received an email from Klutch Sports, they tried to talk Ric into voting for Lebron for MVP. Nothing is legitimate about Lebron, he's a fraud,and he's being exposed. Everything he's ever received has been underhanded, manipulated, and cheap.The desperation
https://twitter.com/pete_nocchio1/status/1788333031029150017

@RicBucher
FWIW: Klutch Agency sent out an e-mail promoting LeBron for league MVP, not AD 🤷‍♂️
https://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/1781449082948788527

Videos in the links. The fact this coming out was followed soon thereafter by Trae Young leaving Klutch for CAA is interesting.

Where there's smoke...

Let's see them try to defend this.

I said it midseason so I'm way ahead of Perkins but the truth is the truth: the longer LeBron plays, and his hubris keeps making him think he's still the man, the more his legacy will be hurt. There are plenty of people waiting in the wings to expose LeBron on many levels and the weaker he looks pulling crap like this (and there is absolutely no defending this), the more likely they'll be emboldened to come after him.

Indeed, time for one of my dad's favorite songs.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Whether we pay Bron what he wants or not, we ain't winning a chip anytime soon.

He's pushing 40.

Bron raises our floor (playoff/playin vs. lotto team).
He doesn't raise our ceiling (playoffs vs. championship).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:08 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

He's pushing 40.

It depends on why you think that. If it’s because you don’t think the org will hire the right coach and don’t think Rob is capable of making the right moves then I’d have to agree, We’re all speculating, nobody knows for sure. But if you are saying it because you don’t think the players are good enough, even with the right coach and additions then it looks like you don’t know what the heck you talking about lol!

The team won enough…when the right rotations were used…such that with good coaching, a better back up C, and a 3&D guard it looks like the Lakers would have as good of chance as any.

Knicks added OG/Divinceno
Boston added Jrue/Porzingis
Indiana added Siakim
Philly added Oubre with vet min and added Heild/Bamba
Miami added Rozier
Dallas added two starters in Gafford and PJ Washington

Any of those would put LAL in the running. AD/LBJ/Dlo scores better than almost every other 3 in the league (Pho?, Philly?), and AR/Rui outscores other 4th/5th options. Give them defense in the backcourt and rebounding in the frontcourt plus a good coach and they’re in there too!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:
Klutch Sports send out E-Mails to Sportswriters to vote LeBron for MVP but not fellow Klutch client and friend Anthony Davis

@ApexJones22
"WHAT THEY DO!"

Weeks ago, Ric Bucher exposed Lebron and Klutch Sports for sending out emails to media promoting Lebron for MVP.

Imagine being AD, having an MVP/DPOY-caliber season, covering for Lebron's no-defense-playin ass ALL SEASON, and he orders Rich Paul to promote him for MVP instead of you.

You'd think AD would be tired of this dude by now - He stole AD's FMVP in The Bubble, set him up every year to be blamed for not taking the reins when it was him NOT GIVING UP the reins, played selfishly to chase Kareem then abandoned the team while AD carried em to the play-in, then came back in playing selfishly. Now he promotes himSELF over AD. I wonder if Trae Young saw them 🐍 in the grass when he decided to leave for CAA 🤔

Maximus A. Smith
@pete_nocchio1 5h

Ric Bucher said he received an email from Klutch Sports, they tried to talk Ric into voting for Lebron for MVP. Nothing is legitimate about Lebron, he's a fraud,and he's being exposed. Everything he's ever received has been underhanded, manipulated, and cheap.The desperation

@RicBucher
FWIW: Klutch Agency sent out an e-mail promoting LeBron for league MVP, not AD 🤷‍♂️

Videos in the links. The fact this coming out was followed soon thereafter by Trae Young leaving Klutch for CAA is interesting.

Where there's smoke...

ApexJones22 probably one of the biggest anti Lebron page on X... That guy dedicated his life on tearing down Lebron...

RicBucher thing is pretty crazy... Would love to see a copy of those emails sent out. Assuming it was sent out to multiple sources or agency. Someone need to come out with a copy specially if Bucher is making those claims.

Also could be Klutch starting to lay the works for a break-up this offseason.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:47 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:

@ApexJones22
"WHAT THEY DO!"

Maximus A. Smith
@pete_nocchio1 5h

@RicBucher

Where there's smoke...

ApexJones22 probably one of the biggest anti Lebron page on X... That guy dedicated his life on tearing down Lebron...

RicBucher thing is pretty crazy... Would love to see a copy of those emails sent out. Assuming it was sent out to multiple sources or agency. Someone need to come out with a copy specially if Bucher is making those claims.

I sure hate that the Lakers are headed for the lottery for the next 4-6 years. Lebron is likely out imo, headed to Philly, Dlo gone too to Orlando. I hope somehow what I’m feeling is wrong. I’m hoping Bud is hired, the core stays, a C is added with a G and the Lakers win a ship next year.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:

@ApexJones22
"WHAT THEY DO!"

Maximus A. Smith
@pete_nocchio1 5h

@RicBucher

Where there's smoke...

I sure hate that the Lakers are headed for the lottery for the next 4-6 years. Lebron is likely out imo, headed to Philly, Dlo gone too to Orlando. I hope somehow what I’m feeling is wrong. I’m hoping Bud is hired, the core stays, a C is added with a G and the Lakers win a ship next year.

There's definitely an agenda being pushed here... I mean since being eliminated. It seems like media is pushing for Lebron to retire, and throwing all type of shades. Guys like Kendrick Perkins who was known to be paid by Klutch media has also changed his tune in recent weeks.

Agenda this week is to put a wedge between Lebron and AD since AD made it known that he will be recruiting hard to bring back Lebron.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 3:51 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

He's pushing 40.

Whatever we do, we ain't winning a championship any time soon based on our limited available assets and the emergence of a few young stars in the West. But economically speaking, Lebron would bring in a lot of money for the Lakers so having him on the team right now would make the most economical sense for Jeanie.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 4:07 am    Post subject:

If that Klutch MVP thing is true, man, Kobe woulda been like me or him, one of us gotta go. We lucky AD a millennial

Last edited by governator on Thu May 09, 2024 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 4:27 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He's pushing 40.

Whatever we do, we ain't winning a championship any time soon based on our limited available assets and the emergence of a few young stars in the West.

We have two options that could get us to a championship.

1) Get a Good Coach and a Good Assistant and a Good Defensive Assistant.

2) Do 1 and trade LeBron to Phoenix for Kevin Durant.

Doing 1 is the most important.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He's pushing 40.

Whatever we do, we ain't winning a championship any time soon based on our limited available assets and the emergence of a few young stars in the West.

We have two options that could get us to a championship.

1) Get a Good Coach and a Good Assistant and a Good Defensive Assistant.

2) Do 1 and trade LeBron to Phoenix for Kevin Durant.

Doing 1 is the most important.

1) How does a "good" coach overcome the matchup issue that we have against Denver? We need to get a quality big and I'm not sure we have the assets to do so.

2) Lebron is still night and day better than KD especially in the playoffs. What is KD even going to do? He's a downgrade from Bron. Don't tell me you intend to keep DLo and let KD play off-ball.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:36 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

1) How does a "good" coach overcome the matchup issue that we have against Denver? We need to get a quality big and I'm not sure we have the assets to do so.

By sticking with the things that works that gets us the leads against Denver and not changing them when Denver tries to go on a run. Just like Finch is doing. A good coach beats Denver 4-1 or 4-0 if they're leading them for 150+ minutes of a series. What we did in Game 4 was sticking to a gameplan instead of letting it break down into LeBronball when Denver went on their run. We did that in Game 2 going completely away from Davis who was torching Jokic and DLO who was torching the Nuggets and went several possessions where neither touched the ball. A good coach doesn't do this. They also don't go away from the pick and rolls that Denver can't defend, and keeps pressuring Jokic on defense.

In Game 4 we did that to close the game, pick and roll, pick and roll, pick and roll, pick and roll, pick and roll. We scored every time and Denver couldn't stop us. When Jokic came up, AD was rolling, if Gordon stepped up, LeBron was on the backside, Denver had no answer. We were also killing Denver in pick and roll in Game 2 and then went completely away from it. A good coach DOES NOT do that. We showed a formula to beat Denver and then didn't stick with it. Darvin Ham does that a lot unfortunately.

lakersfever714 wrote:

2) Lebron is still night and day better than KD especially in the playoffs. What is KD even going to do? He's a downgrade from Bron. Don't tell me you intend to keep DLo and let KD play off-ball.

Why wouldn't you?

The distance between LeBron and KD isn't night and day. Durant can still play defense and can pull up from anywhere and not get stopped the way LeBron can. 2020 LeBron can keep attacking all night, 2024 LeBron has to pick his spots and if he gets the paint cut off he doesn't pull up from mid, he stops and tries to find a teammate, Durant will lift up and shoot, and can be a defender you could put on MPJ.

Durant would also take full advantage of Denver's drop coverage, because if we pick and roll forcing Jokic into drop, Durant gets an easy mid range each time. LeBron doesn't depend on that shot so the Nuggets could defend him differently and expect the drive.

Additionally in the pick and roll Aaron Gordon suddenly can't play off KD at all in the pick and roll and that opens up the paint for more rebounds, Durant is constantly moving off ball vs James who does it sporadically.

And the most important thing, KD is still a 27 PPG scorer on 55% from the field and 41% from three and is 35. LeBron is about to be 40. Who has more in the tank right now?

And yes, KD playing more into a system and finding his spots off ball and not stopping the offense trying to play point guard would be helpful.

It doesn't just benefit DLO, it benefits Anthony Davis too.

Watch how Durant kills them in drop, as well as his off ball movement which Gordon can't stay with him on. LeBron at times likes to rest off ball(he's 39 after all), Durant however is constantly moving.

Now we don't NEED to move LeBron, as a good Coach will find a way to maximize the team and what they do best. But trading him for Durant and ridding ourselves the drama as well as getting a player that likely fits better into a system that was effective for us is always a good option.

Neither LeBron or KD are individually the single-handedly going to carry you to a Championship players they once were, but in the right situation they are very useful and can contribute to winning. What hurts LeBron is his need to want to play point guard when he's long since past being a viable option for that in the majority of the game. Durant wants to go back to system basketball where he has a point guard that can find him in his spots and in a motion offense to maximize him. LeBron can play "point guard" in Phoenix with Beal and Booker. Durant can go back to "system ball" with the Lakers and a real point guard, as well as AD, Reaves, etc. Ultimately its a fit that works for both teams.

On top of that I am also betting on KD having more in the tank than LeBron in these coming seasons.

Ultimately, I think Good Coach solves a lot of our issues. But I'm not averse to swapping LBJ for KD, because I honestly don't think we'd lose anything significant. LBJ is a great and legendary player, but the "difference" he makes individually isn't anywhere near miles ahead of the same "difference" Durant does individually. So it comes down to fit at that point. And Durant fits this team like a glove.

governator wrote:
If that Klutch MVP thing is true, man, Kobe woulda been like me or him, one of us gotta go. We lucky AD a millennial

If LeBron pulled that with either Kobe here or Dr. Buss you'd be hearing whispers of a sign and trade about now.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 am    Post subject:

Trade Bron for a career loser without curry/warriors.

No leadership skills as we saw with okc/nets/suns

Gotta be really clueless to propose a trade like this.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

No you gotta be pretty clueless to think this trade has any chance of approval. KD this year was 10x better than Lebron. You probably didn’t watch him play so have no idea. The only players better than KD this year were Jokic/Embiid/Luka/Shai. Lebron wasn’t even the best on his own team.

Career loser without Curry/Warriors? 2-2 finals record. Only lost that 2nd final because he tore his Achilles and didn’t play beyond one half. Your man Bron is what 4-7? So Bron is a career loser without Hail Mary Ray Allen shot and Kyrie. Let’s add bubble to that list since we’re playing this stupid game.

2-1 finals record h2h. Whooped Bron’s ass two years in a row on the biggest stage. Only time he got the best of him was when KD was super young and Bron was entering his prime.

Man Bron fans are just something else.

Last edited by Snipes on Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject:

If we had a chance to trade LeBron and someone like Rui for Durant and Nurkic we would be crazy not to consider it
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we had a chance to trade LeBron and someone like Rui for Durant and Nurkic we would be crazy not to consider it

Why would Lebron agree on a sign and trade to the Suns for KD? Lebron has nothing to gain by going to the Suns unless its for Bradley Beal.

Last edited by miggz23 on Thu May 09, 2024 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:31 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why would Lebron agree on a sign and trade to the Suns for KD? Lebron has nothing to gain by going to the Suns unless its for Bradley Beal.

You make a good point but the Suns would still be a really good team with Booker and the other solid complimentary players and maybe if there lucky they flip Beal for another good player to help Booker and LeBron
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

No you gotta be pretty clueless to think this trade has any chance of approval. KD this year was 10x better than Lebron. You probably didn’t watch him play so have no idea. The only players better than KD this year were Jokic/Embiid/Luka/Shai. Lebron wasn’t even the best on his own team.

Career loser without Curry/Warriors? 2-2 finals record. Only lost that 2nd final because he tore his Achilles and didn’t play beyond one half. Your man Bron is what 4-7? So Bron is a career loser without Hail Mary Ray Allen shot and Kyrie. Let’s add bubble to that list since we’re playing this stupid game.

2-1 finals record h2h. Whooped Bron’s ass two years in a row on the biggest stage. Only time he got the best of him was when KD was super young and Bron was entering his prime.

Haha Man Bron haters are just something else.

Without curry/warriors kd is a loser. Show me what he did with nets/sun/okc?

😂 At the bolded

Last edited by Bron2AD on Thu May 09, 2024 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You make a good point but the Suns would still be a really good team with Booker and the other solid complimentary players and maybe if there lucky they flip Beal for another good player to help Booker and LeBron

Lebron is turning 40, not 30… If he goes to another team it will be for a team that’s ready to compete. Not another let’s see how far I can take this team.

Also if ya’ll think KD is better than Lebron at this stage. It won’t be a 1 for 1 trade.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He's pushing 40.

It depends on why you think that. If it’s because you don’t think the org will hire the right coach and don’t think Rob is capable of making the right moves then I’d have to agree, We’re all speculating, nobody knows for sure. But if you are saying it because you don’t think the players are good enough, even with the right coach and additions then it looks like you don’t know what the heck you talking about lol!

The team won enough…when the right rotations were used…such that with good coaching, a better back up C, and a 3&D guard it looks like the Lakers would have as good of chance as any.

Knicks added OG/Divinceno
Boston added Jrue/Porzingis
Indiana added Siakim
Philly added Oubre with vet min and added Heild/Bamba
Miami added Rozier
Dallas added two starters in Gafford and PJ Washington

Any of those would put LAL in the running. AD/LBJ/Dlo scores better than almost every other 3 in the league (Pho?, Philly?), and AR/Rui outscores other 4th/5th options. Give them defense in the backcourt and rebounding in the frontcourt plus a good coach and they’re in there too!

We were closer to winning a chip 2 years ago than we were this year. We're trending away from winning a chip. Not towards it.

If we ignore the fact that Denver owns our franchise right now.

Despite having an unexpectedly healthy season from Bron and Brow.
Our record was 8th out of 15 teams in the West this year.
Out of the 30 teams in the league. We were 15th in offensive rating. 16th in defensive rating.

Sure we can improve at coach, and we can improve our roster. But you are greatly underestimating the gap between where we are vs. where we need to be to win a chip.

I hate being a debbie downer. But it is what it is.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

KD at no point was better than Lebron, even now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Dave McMenamin has a new report on the Rich Eisen podcast on the Lakers doing whatever it takes to bring LeBron back
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dave McMenamin has a new report on the Rich Eisen podcast on the Lakers doing whatever it takes to bring LeBron back

LeBron can't go anywhere.

He either goes to Philly and eats up ALL their cap space so its just him Embiid and Maxey and a bunch of vets mins.

Or he goes to OKC and takes a 20M paycut.

Those are his options of straight up signing anywhere. Otherwise he has to re-sign with the Lakers regardless.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I think the real questions mark is the coaching search it has to be someone that LeBron knows he can mesh well with, if he doesn’t like certain moves that the Lakers make this summer he might look elsewhere to finish out his career
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think the real questions mark is the coaching search it has to be someone that LeBron knows he can mesh well with, if he doesn’t like certain moves that the Lakers make this summer he might look elsewhere to finish out his career

I put LeBron's priorities last on that front. LeBron would pick a Coach he can 'mesh' with like JJ Redick, and then JJ having no experience comes back to bite us, we suffer this season and underachieve, and then LeBron will bolt anyway and leave us in a bad situation.

LeBron has no loyalty to teams doing anything for him, so it's best to do whats best for the team instead of whats solely best for LeBron.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

It's Lakers or Warriors... That's about it. Nowhere else make sense when you factor in destination, team mates, money, and chance for a ring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2098, 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2099 of 2101
Jump to: