The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1603, 1604, 1605 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

CJ MCcollum:

That Calm app got Bron quick releasing treys.
Let me download this jawn šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVPCh2Gsrhz/?utm_medium=share_sheet
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

It used to be when Lebron and AD were this dominating, the game would be over by the 3rd quarter and the Lakers would win by 20+ easy. How things have changed. It hurt to see Lebron still dominating like a top 5 player and the roleplayers didn't show up. The roleplayers that this fantastic Lakers FO just assembled.

Westbrick's gotta get it together or it's gonna be a waste of another brilliant Lebron's season.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully this dispels the notion that LeBron needs another primary playmaker in his final years. He only needs a couple secondary ballhandlers, i.e. role players. They don't even have to be on the floor with him that often. Those plus some microwave guys like Melo/Monk are more than enough.

Looks like we will be taking on some bad contracts when the inevitable trade happens, and with more nights like the season opener, THT may have to be used to sweeten the deal. Jeez, that would be up to $59 million on the way out.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Anyone knows Lebronā€™s record on season openers? He just seem to always lose his first game.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

Seeing him do that step back in the post is mailman esque.

Him, ad and Russ should work.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Hopefully this dispels the notion that LeBron needs another primary playmaker in his final years. He only needs a couple secondary ballhandlers, i.e. role players. They don't even have to be on the floor with him that often. Those plus some microwave guys like Melo/Monk are more than enough.

Looks like we will be taking on some bad contracts when the inevitable trade happens, and with more nights like the season opener, THT may have to be used to sweeten the deal. Jeez, that would be up to $59 million on the way out.

Dispels after 1 gameā€¦really?

You know what will dispel it? Staying healthy after 82 games.

Folks really looking at the bubble title like having a 4 month hiatus in-season is the new norm.

Before that ā€œregularā€ season with a reCOVIDry window, Bron needed a star perimeter playmaker along with another star frontline player to win titles after an 82 season regular seasonā€¦and that was a much younger Bron too.

What this spells after 1 game is that Vogs didnā€™t utilize Russ more efficiently with Bron playing nearly 37 minutes and having a usage rate of 32 while Russ played 35 minutes and had a rate of nearly half that with 18.

https://go.nba.com/7dxr
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Dispels after 1 gameā€¦really?

You know what will dispel it? Staying healthy after 82 games.

Folks really looking at the bubble title like having a 4 month hiatus in-season is the new norm.

Before that ā€œregularā€ season with a reCOVIDry window, Bron needed a star perimeter playmaker along with another star frontline player to win titles after an 82 season regular seasonā€¦and that was a much younger Bron too.

What this spells after 1 game is that Vogs didnā€™t utilize Russ more efficiently with Bron playing nearly 37 minutes and having a usage rate of 32 while Russ played 35 minutes and had a rate of nearly half that with 18.

https://go.nba.com/7dxr

Agree with this 100%.

I don't care if we go 50-32 but keep everyone healthy and fresh for the playoffs. Then unleash the full might of AD/LBJ minutes-wise. I still think WB will be a major inning's eater for us. Give it time.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

Bron lookin likeā€¦ Bron, incredible
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

Bron looked great - only red flag I would note is he wasn't putting as much pressure on the rim as he typically does. He lived on a bunch of midrange jumpers which he is good at, and was drilling - but that's a shift from his usual bread and butter.

You'd rather him play that style honestly to stay fresh during the season as LONG as when the chips are really down, he can still pressure the rim at will.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Bron looked great - only red flag I would note is he wasn't putting as much pressure on the rim as he typically does. He lived on a bunch of midrange jumpers which he is good at, and was drilling - but that's a shift from his usual bread and butter.

You'd rather him play that style honestly to stay fresh during the season as LONG as when the chips are really down, he can still pressure the rim at will.

Hard to put pressure on the rim when heā€™s sharing the court with so many non-shooters. At basically all points of the game until the very end he had two of Jordan, Howard, Westbrook, and Rondo on the floor with him. The paint is just too clogged. Itā€™s the same reason we barely saw Westbrook drive.

Sure LeBron and AD looked solid but thatā€™s because they hit a bunch of tough shots. Hard to rely on that. This year with Westbrook already hurting spacing, Vogel simply cannot afford to put one more non shooter on the floor like Jordan or Howard or Rondo when the big three are on the court together.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Anyone knows Lebronā€™s record on season openers? He just seem to always lose his first game.

Lebron is 7-12 in season openers, including 0-4 as a Laker.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

GOAT
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Lebron is 7-12 in season openers, including 0-4 as a Laker.

Damn itā€™s worst than I thought. I know on the Lakers he has not won but I thought his record is closer to .500.

Lebron treats the first couple weeks of the season to get in game shape. He tired out in the 4th a bit. But thats more due to him not able to get his usual few minutes break in the middle of the quarter. I really rather have him come back in the 8min mark of the 2nd/4th quarter rather have him start the 2nd/4th just to sit him back halfway in. Specially with Westbrook on this team.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

This is what a fully healthy and rested Lebron looks like. It's sad he has to carry a subpar supporting cast again thanks to the brilliant Lakers FO.

I hope Lebron agrees to an aggressive load management program (maybe playing only every other game?) We all saw what monstrocity a rested KD was capable of in the playoffs. Westbrick and AD should be able to win against weaker opponents. Just focus on making the playoffs and not HCA.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:

This is what a fully healthy and rested Lebron looks like. It's sad he has to carry a subpar supporting cast again thanks to the brilliant Lakers FO.

I hope Lebron agrees to an aggressive load management program (maybe playing only every other game?) We all saw what monstrocity a rested KD was capable of in the playoffs. Westbrick and AD should be able to win against weaker opponents. Just focus on making the playoffs and not HCA.

Lebron prefers his load managing towards more at the end of the seasonā€¦ When they have more of a picture what standings are and where they will be placed even if they drop a few games.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:

"subpar supporting cast"

Is the opposite of what we have. We're one of the deepest teams in the league.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:

"subpar supporting cast"

I think we do have more than enough fire power, defense and half court offense were outmatched, thatā€™s on the coaching staff, 80 games to fine tune
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:

"subpar supporting cast"

I think we do have more than enough fire power, defense and half court offense were outmatched, thatā€™s on the coaching staff, 80 games to fine tune

We controlled the game until the 4th... Team definitely need some fine tuning. Couple of line up adjustments should fix it. Getting Nunn and Ellington back hopefully soon should help our bench scoring.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

Lebron's my guy, but his FG% would be ~40% for the season if that was his shot selection every game. I sure hope we have ways of opening the paint.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Westbrick

I understand that you get a big dose of dopamine every time you type that, but, like other forms of onanism, your dopamine addictions are best kept in private.

Mods can you please have any "westbrick" auto correct to "I'm an attention seeking twat"? Thanks. We're 1 game in and it's getting a bit stale.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

Westbrick, Day-to-Davis, Le-(whatever word you want to use) are harmless. Itā€™s part of being a sports fan.

Asking the mods to censor nicknames on the internet because theyā€™re too mean to millionaires is excessive.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

LEBRON JAMES

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS #23 FORWARD
    MIAMI HEAT #6 FORWARD
    LOS ANGELES LAKERS #23 FORWARD

4X NBA Champion
    4X NBA Finals MVP
    4X NBA MVP
    17X All-NBA
    17X NBA All-Star

RARE COMBINATION OF SIZE, SKILL AND SAVVY.

A contender for the moniker of best NBA player of all time, LeBron James appears to be the rare case of a player seemingly performing in his prime over the course of nearly 20 years. A four-time MVP, four-time NBA champion and four-time Finals MVP, James turns 37 in December, but has averaged at least 25 points in every season except his rookie year (2003-04), in which he won Rookie of the Year.

CAREER

A two-time Olympic gold medal winner with Team USA, Jamesā€™ scoring average of 25 points or more for 17 consecutive seasons is an NBA record that he could extend in 2021-22.

James took the Heat to The Finals in all four of his seasons in Miami alongside Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, capturing two championships (2012, '13). In fact, James has led his teams to the NBA Finals in nine of the last 11 seasons.

During the 2020-21 season, James led all players in NBA All-Star voting for the fifth consecutive season and the eighth time in his career. A three-time All-Star MVP and the All-Star Game's all-time leading scorer (389 points), James earned a starting role in the All-Star game for an NBA-record 17th time in 2020-21.

Last season, he became the third player in NBA history to register 35,000 career-points, joining Hall of Famers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone in that elite grouping. James became the youngest player in league annals to reach that milestone (36 years, 50 days), while also getting there in the fewest number of games (1,295).

James currently ranks No. 2 among active players in triple-doubles (99), behind new teammate Russell Westbrook (184). He is No. 3 in all-time in field goals made (12,903) and No. 1 among active players.

On Jamesā€™ 36th birthday (Dec. 30, 2020), he became the first player to finish in double-figures in scoring for the 1,000th consecutive game, which extended a streak that started back in 2007. Jamesā€™ current streak, which is the longest in the NBA, sits at 1,040 games.

On Jan. 27, 2021, he scored 34 points against Philadelphia to join Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the only Lakers to rack up 30 points or more in back-to-back games after turning 36 years old, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

James produced his 800th career 25-point game back in February to become the first player in NBA history to reach that milestone. James enters the 2021-22 season having scored 25 or more points in 812 games.

James has played a total of 50,054 minutes, the sixth-most minutes played in NBA history, ahead of Hall of Famers Kobe Bryant (48, 643) and Tim Duncan (47,367) and the most among active players. Among active players, Andre Iguodala (38,793) would rank second, followed by Lakers teammate Dwight Howard (38,487).

James logged his 252nd block in the 2021 playoffs against Phoenix to pass Dikembe Mutombo for 10th on the all-time postseason blocks list.

Through the LeBron James Family Foundation and Akron Public Schools, James opened the 'I Promise School' in an effort to close the educational achievement gap in his hometown of Akron, Ohio by providing additional resources and support to students that may be at risk of not graduating from high school. James announced in 2015 that students at the school meeting certain academic requirements would earn free tuition to the University of Akron, and that program later expanded to Kent State University.

https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191720
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

For all the pissing and moaning I'm surprised NO ONE is talking about the play where LeBron literally REFUSED to cross the half court while his team played 4 on 5.

This is the kind of passive-aggressive behavior I loath from LeBron which shows bad leadership. He has a tendency to check out mentally when things aren't going his way.

https://streamable.com/tvmfeg
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
For all the pissing and moaning I'm surprised NO ONE is talking about the play where LeBron literally REFUSED to cross the half court while his team played 4 on 5.

This is the kind of passive-aggressive behavior I loath from LeBron which shows bad leadership. He has a tendency to check out mentally when things aren't going his way.

https://streamable.com/tvmfeg

I have no problem with him resting on offense. If it was the opposite and he didn't come down on defense, that is a completely different story.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

If this team flames out the LeBron James era will be a colossal failure.

One championship during a pandemic that no one outside of Los Angeles honestly respects, would ring kinda hollow.

We didnt even get a parade or entire offseason to soak it in.

This may come off as ungrateful but Im just stating what will be stated by the masses when his run is over here.

Expectations are high in Los Angeles and one title with an * would be underwhelming.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1603, 1604, 1605 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1604 of 2079
Jump to: