The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1471, 1472, 1473 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Like Shannon Sharpe says: Ol’ Goat James.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
man was 1 assist away from another Finals triple dub. Come on role players, hit your shot!!!

Three shy of tying Magic.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has the GOAT longevity. I was wrong about his wheels falling off when his athleticism slows down. His passing , his vision and the way he break down the defense is under appreciated.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Lebron has the GOAT longevity. I was wrong about his wheels falling off when his athleticism slows down. His passing , his vision and the way he break down the defense is under appreciated.

prob gonna look like current Luka when he's not super explosive anymore
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote from Butler on Game 2

"I beg to differ. Nobody picked us to be here. Like I said, we embrace it. We love it. But we know that we can win; we do. But we know that we gotta play perfect, man. We can't not rebound and not get back. So coming into Game 2, all the adversity, backs against the wall, yadda, yadda, yadda -- we're gonna win."

#BannersOverBillboards
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
CRoost wrote:

prob gonna look like current Luka when he's not super explosive anymore

I did not expect Luka to be this good either. But I believe this is as good as it gets for Luka because he has been playing on the high level for awhile now. I was thinking him more of a Rubio who can shoot but his full court speed is underrated. He can still get stronger though.

Lebron might play well until 40 if we can get a good 3rd option on 21.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

"I beg to differ. Nobody picked us to be here. Like I said, we embrace it. We love it. But we know that we can win; we do. But we know that we gotta play perfect, man. We can't not rebound and not get back. So coming into Game 2, all the adversity, backs against the wall, yadda, yadda, yadda -- we're gonna win."

Love this attitude... sounds like Kuzma
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Lebron should go for the kill early in game 2. Take their heart!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

Pretty much all I can think of when reading this....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2aa6974549ff8e84f113d67e80dcbc56/tenor.gif?itemid=17681913
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy running his mouth a little too much.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
My GOAT List as to who I would want if I had to win a playoff series with all players at their peaks:

1. Shaq Diesel
2. Jordan
3, Lebron
4. Wilt
5. Kareem
6. Magic
7. King Kobe
8. Bird
9. Durantula
10. The Dream

That's pretty close to the standard GOAT list.

For me, it's going to depend what era you're playing in, since the rules and style of play have changed over the years.

So rather than who I'd want, I'd put it more in terms of who has performed best in the playoffs/finals.

Hard to leave off Russell and Duncan. But then there are so many greats, it's hard to keep the list to 10. The often-forgotten Moses Malone would be up pretty high too, but not in my top 10.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

10th frickin finals for this guy. He has seen it all. Nobody I would rather have to lead the team right now then this guy.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

So basically, AD and LeBron need to watch out for Crowder or Olynyk headhunting.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

So basically, AD and LeBron need to watch out for Crowder or Olynyk headhunting.

That was my thought.

#BannersOverBillboards
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Crowder already did some dirty crap with that arm bar trash - watch the replay he was trying to injure Lebron. Unfortunately for him Lebron is built like superman.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Kerr thinks LeBron right now is better then Miami LeBron...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1311781885153026048
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wow. That's crazy. And he said way better too.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

So I nicked this picture from the Lakers subreddit.

I dunno guys, I don't think Miami are putting nearly enough players in front of Lebron

https://i.imgur.com/EWN99lp.png
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think a ton of that is because of AD though. Lebron rarely has to go all out anymore or has to play even heavy minutes all season and through these Playoffs. He gets to pick his spots and play elite on both ends. Then at any point versus pretty much any team in the NBA he can takeover and instantly be the best player on the floor at will

Everyone knew AD would be a great fit with him but it still exceeded nearly everyone's expectations and it looks like he is only getting better maturing rapidly (More mentally then anything this season) next to Lebron so look out next season as well! Health is pretty much the only thing that will stop Lebron from playing to 40. He wont be top 5 anymore but still elite imo and will be able to be one of if not the best floor general and passers in the NBA until the day he retires.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Love this attitude... sounds like Kuzma

Same. That is how you'd want all your players to respond after a loss. No excuses or finger pointing. Just get better and believe.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2aa6974549ff8e84f113d67e80dcbc56/tenor.gif?itemid=17681913

Really though, do you expect them to just quit? He did say they have "play perfect" so he knows deep down inside, its not likely.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

composite wrote:
hype wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Really though, do you expect them to just quit? He did say they have "play perfect" so he knows deep down inside, its not likely.

Obviously not, I was clearly joking around since that's there whole image is to never quit and always play hard but it was a stupid idea to add the "we're gonna win" at the end imo. Saying they can still possibly win and they have to play perfect is what he should have left it as.

As a Lakers fan, I love it though. Those are the kind of remarks that will keep the team that much more hungry even after a blowout win a lot like how Murray kept waking Lebron up last series with his show boating and talking. You better be able to back it up because all you're doing is adding more targets to your back.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

His spin move to the basket might be his most reliable and devastating shot ever. But i would contend Miami Lebron was a DPOY level defensive monster.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Y'all got to read some of these comments from that space cadet known as Kyrie Irving...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30018058/see-brooklyn-nets-having-head-coach

"I don't really see us having a head coach," Irving said on Durant's new podcast, "The Etcs." "KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days]."

No way for that not to workout...

And here's my favorite...it must be hard patting himself on the back with such amnesia.

"One thing I've always been comfortable with, I felt like I was the best option on every team I played for down the stretch," Irving said. "This is the first time in my career I've looked down and be like, 'That motherf---er can make that shot too.' And he'll probably do it a lot easier.

"It's not so much deferring, because in past situations where I didn't take the last shot I felt guilty. I want this game-winning shot, but also you want to trust your teammates. Not that I didn't trust my teammates, but I felt like I was the best option."

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

composite wrote:
hype wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Making a declarative statement like the one I bolded is one way to make sure we're all locked in.

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1471, 1472, 1473 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next
Page 1472 of 2090
Jump to: