The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1470, 1471, 1472 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
That jersey is going in the rafters for sure.

+1

#BannersOverBillboards
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

#washedking
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I do like the strategy the Lakers used with Lebron against Herro. When Herro got in the game, they try to get a switch with Herro defending Lebron.

This will make a Herro a liability.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anthony Davis and LeBron James are the first @Lakers
duo to each record 25+ points in the same Finals game since Kobe Bryant (33 points) and Shaquille O'Neal (29 points) in Game 2 of the 2004 NBA Finals.

https://twitter.com/nbastats/status/1311520021802291200

🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1311507505948905473

🏀💪🏀💪🏀💪
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I do like the strategy the Lakers used with Lebron against Herro. When Herro got in the game, they try to get a switch with Herro defending Lebron.

Yup, him and Robinson both have had this happen to them all season too. When there shooting isn't lights out it starts getting ugly real fast.

I even seen some people mentioning during the bubble how it was similar to the Clippers and Lou williams but then obviously Herro went on a tear with his shooting and didn't have nearly as big of mismatches as the Lakers possess.

That's what makes KCP so underrated and valuable. He's an actual solid defender while also being a dangerous scorer in these Playoffs. He wont have any super sexy 30+ point nights like you might see Herro or Lou do sometimes but he more then makes it up by not putting the entire defense at risk like those guys especially late in games.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Thats my Vogel.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

LBJ is still in an energy-saving mode.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
As good as he was today, I feel like he still had another gear if needed

Easily had another gear or 2. For all the defenders Miami was supposed to be able to throw at him, none of them could really make him work or feel any discomfort. He was in total control.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
LBJ is still in an energy-saving mode.

yup yup yup, he's letting AD attack more, this guy is a puppet master
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
That jersey is going in the rafters for sure.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
James pulled down a rebound and was off to the races. In transition he found a cutting Howard, who delivered another nice left-handed pass to Davis along the baseline for a two-handed dunk to give the Lakers their biggest lead of the night at 87-55.

The Heat promptly called a timeout once more.

Davis, Howard and some players on the Lakers’ bench began making the glasses gesture again as they walked to their bench. James didn’t let this celebratory occurrence slide this time.

“Hey, hey! Stop it! Stay locked in!” he shouted at his teammates before entering the huddle. “This s--- ain't over, man.”

Quote:
The Heat were inbounding the ball on the left sideline of their basket with 3:45 left in the contest. The Lakers were up pretty comfortably by 19. Herro was the inbounder with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope assigned to him.

Herro threw the inbound pass to Kelly Olynyk near the free-throw line. The Heat’s Kendrick Nunn, who was guarded by Rajon Rondo, set a back pick on Caldwell-Pope. And for a brief second it caused some confusion because Caldwell-Pope and Rondo both sprinted toward Nunn, leaving Herro unchecked and Olynyk hit the guard with a nice backdoor pass.

All that prevented Herro from an easy layup was James playing free safety, and so the guard dribbled to the opposite side and finessed his way around the four-time MVP for a high-arcing layup off the glass.

A livid James immediately turned to Rondo and yelled, “What the f--- are y’all doing over there? That’s a switch!” signaling that Rondo and Caldwell-Pope should have switched defensively on the back pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/focused-le-bron-james-tells-teammates-to-tone-down-sideline-antics-145806554.html
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

LOCKED IN

3 MORE WIN
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Quote:
James pulled down a rebound and was off to the races. In transition he found a cutting Howard, who delivered another nice left-handed pass to Davis along the baseline for a two-handed dunk to give the Lakers their biggest lead of the night at 87-55.

Davis, Howard and some players on the Lakers’ bench began making the glasses gesture again as they walked to their bench. James didn’t let this celebratory occurrence slide this time.

“Hey, hey! Stop it! Stay locked in!” he shouted at his teammates before entering the huddle. “This s--- ain't over, man.”

Quote:
The Heat were inbounding the ball on the left sideline of their basket with 3:45 left in the contest. The Lakers were up pretty comfortably by 19. Herro was the inbounder with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope assigned to him.

Herro threw the inbound pass to Kelly Olynyk near the free-throw line. The Heat’s Kendrick Nunn, who was guarded by Rajon Rondo, set a back pick on Caldwell-Pope. And for a brief second it caused some confusion because Caldwell-Pope and Rondo both sprinted toward Nunn, leaving Herro unchecked and Olynyk hit the guard with a nice backdoor pass.

All that prevented Herro from an easy layup was James playing free safety, and so the guard dribbled to the opposite side and finessed his way around the four-time MVP for a high-arcing layup off the glass.

A livid James immediately turned to Rondo and yelled, “What the f--- are y’all doing over there? That’s a switch!” signaling that Rondo and Caldwell-Pope should have switched defensively on the back pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/focused-le-bron-james-tells-teammates-to-tone-down-sideline-antics-145806554.html

Leadership.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

He wants it bad. And he has another gear just incase.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Judah wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Leadership.

This is exactly the kinda stuff Kobe would do if his teammates started to get out of line. I think would Kobe would drop a little more F-bombs in there
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

LeBron’s insane putback after the halftime buzzer
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

I really underestimated his leadership skills. It has been impressive watching him lead this team.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

LeBron’s all business. Glad he got the team to be more serious.

https://sports.yahoo.com/focused-le-bron-james-tells-teammates-to-tone-down-sideline-antics-145806554.html
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

have to admit, i was a lebron hater, and i thought his game would deteriorate as his athletic ability diminished. the issue is, his athletic ability didn't deteriorate much at all, and at the same time he got even stronger, so people can't take any bumps from him. what a freak. we've seen him rolled his ankle twice in the playoffs, and both times he got right back up and kept playing. him and Shaq are truly physical freaks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

I think as he ages, he will rely on his strength more than his burst of speed (which is still amazing). I think playing more in the post will come in a few years when his athleticism wanes a bit. It's hard to count this guy out.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Another treat for Laker fans: the 2020 Summer Olympics has been moved to Summer of 2021. That means Lebron wouldn't able to participate in it until after next year NBA Finals. To me, it's quite significant since I want him fresh for as long as possible. If he got us 2 rings, then I don't mind him wearing his body down a bit for our great nation.

I don't know how much the hiatus due to the pandemic has helped him but he definitely seems to have a lot of energy in this playoffs. I would definitely advise him to take it easy starting March of next year if the Lakers were comfortably in playoff standing.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Another treat for Laker fans: the 2020 Summer Olympics has been moved to Summer of 2021. That means Lebron wouldn't able to participate in it until after next year NBA Finals. To me, it's quite significant since I want him fresh for as long as possible. If he got us 2 rings, then I don't mind him wearing his body down a bit for our great nation.

I don't know how much the hiatus due to the pandemic has helped him but he definitely seems to have a lot of energy in this playoffs. I would definitely advise him to take it easy starting March of next year if the Lakers were comfortably in playoff standing.

summer 2021 would be in the middle of the season
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

11 assists away from surpassing John Stockton for the #2 spot in playoffs assists. He’s definitely getting 10+ assists next game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

man was 1 assist away from another Finals triple dub. Come on role players, hit your shot!!!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

My GOAT List as to who I would want if I had to win a playoff series with all players at their peaks:

1. Shaq Diesel
2. Jordan
3, Lebron
4. Wilt
5. Kareem
6. Magic
7. King Kobe
8. Bird
9. Durantula
10. The Dream
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1470, 1471, 1472 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1471 of 2079
Jump to: