The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1460, 1461, 1462 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Our younger guys need to step up though, at least get them to bring the ball up the court. Save Bron's legs!

Maybe I'm just a tad jealous seeing every other teams left in the bubble having their young guys go supernova lol

Herro, Murray, Tatum
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject:

All things considered. Another great performance from LeBron. What he's doing at his age is truly remarkable, and i hope he has 5 more of these games left during this run to bring us home #17 Also, appreciated how he stepped up when AD went down.
WeAreWorthy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject:

I like.

"I don't reserve any energy," James said. "I'm on the floor, I give it all I got. If I need a break, I ask for a break. Coach has done a good job of getting me out throughout the course of the game. I don't look at it as a reserve tank. I've got pretty good energy when I'm on the floor all the time.

"It's winning time and I don't have a chance or time to be feeling tired. I'm tired now. That's when I'm tired, when it's zeros on the clock. That's when I'm tired. I'm not tired during the game."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29966842/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-shuts-jamal-murray-winning
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject:

Throughout the playoffs whenever the Lakers get into close games Lebron has really stepped up his defense. His age is showing in terms of his stamina you can see him huffing and puffing but he's playing hard and having a big impact on both ends of the court.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject:

I dont know if it's the groin or just the mileage, but he is definately lacking athleticism.

he had jamal murray on the block few times in that 4q and didn't do nothing to back him down or just power through him.

in open space.. he can still get up. but in a crowd under the rim? puh..
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
I dont know if it's the groin or just the mileage, but he is definately lacking athleticism.

he had jamal murray on the block few times in that 4q and didn't do nothing to back him down or just power through him.

I’m worried about the knee to thigh, he settled for a lot of long jumpers last night, looked like he got no legs (Bron standard of course).. an extra rest day would do good
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

I don't think LBJ is fatigued.

But I do think he's having a bit of trouble keeping up with some of the younger Denver legs. He just can't go 0-60mph as fast as he used compared to some of the younger guys. It happens as you age. But it's still amazing to see his prowess at this age. Truly amazing.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:

Screams groin injury to me, let's hope that hasn't flared up again or he can heal it up prior to the Finals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

It's also called being 35, perimeter oriented, logged tremendous mileage and games.

I do think a key to unlocking him more is having him play on the elbow where he could back down his defender or pick apart the team with his passing. Right now we are just a bit too congested for that. Maybe in a closing lineup with AD at the 5.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

So glad we have Lebron on our team. Just incredible how he still asks to check the other team's best scorer when it truly matters, and doing it successfully.

This is what Kobe would have done 10 times out of 10 too.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

I think he's hurt for sure. On paper, he should dominate this matchup. He was insane against Portland and Houston, but he noticeably looks off in this series. We really need to close this out in Game 5 and maximize rest. Allowing Denver to extend this series when Murray seems to be getting better and better by the game and Lebron the opposite is a recipe for disaster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

This is why he pursued AD. If LBJ had to do the scoring load of AD, we'd be in trouble.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I think he's hurt for sure. On paper, he should dominate this matchup. He was insane against Portland and Houston, but he noticeably looks off in this series. We really need to close this out in Game 5 and maximize rest. Allowing Denver to extend this series when Murray seems to be getting better and better by the game and Lebron the opposite is a recipe for disaster.

He did tweek his ankle in game 2 and has been listed as dealing with an injured groin.

But I listening to his interview on Breonna Taylor...his heart is clearly hurting and the bubble is taking its toll on him. Brother really cares and I'm praying for him

He's showing signs of feeling alone...some clinical depression. It would be good to simply tweet him to let him know we're with him.

I'm an older black dude and I've read the Breonna Taylor case findings...she didn't deserve to die, but her boyfriend did fire first, the police had a legit warrant, and she had some very questionable continued involvement with her ex.

I think that forcibly entering a person's home to serve a warrant is tough. One 1 hand I get that police want to catch people in the act to preserve evidence for trial. On the other hand I wonder why in this case they couldn't stake her place out overnight and catch her on her way to her car...

I think we're all done with 2020 and the decisions of our elected officials...covid, bubbles, racial injustice, all the fighting, all of it.

Bron carries a lot on his shoulders...his family, the Lakers, the NBA, his educational initiatives, his social initiatives, business.

Brother is tired.

Here's to hoping we can prop him up so he knows he's not alone.

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Our younger guys need to step up though, at least get them to bring the ball up the court. Save Bron's legs!

Maybe I'm just a tad jealous seeing every other teams left in the bubble having their young guys go supernova lol

Herro, Murray, Tatum

No surprise, we got rid of all our young guys. A different approach.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
lakerboy wrote:

Screams groin injury to me, let's hope that hasn't flared up again or he can heal it up prior to the Finals.

Nah. When he had the groin issues, he couldn’t defend at all. He was moving well on D last night.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Herro, Murray, Tatum

And look how it turned out for us
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Herro, Murray, Tatum

(We are up 3-1 and 1 game away from the Finals).
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

Just made my 1st tweet through my school...hope some of y'all will reach out to Bron today so he can feel the love from the faithful.

26 9 and 8, 17 years in, and that's an off night for the dude that got us AD and has us 1 game away from playing for 17 for Kobe.

Used to hate one this brother...glad to admit I was damn wrong about him....he works to make our world a better place. I love him for all he does.

#BannersOverBillboards
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

Make no mistake though. LBJ is the heart and soul of this team. He's our engine, even if AD is our best scorer. I think AD needed this kind of leadership and drive from LBJ to unleash him.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Denver has a good defense and more athletes than they get credit for. They are completely selling out against LBJ and blocking him from the paint. On any drive he initiates from the top of the key there are at least two defensive players in immediate help position, in addition to the primary defender on LeBron. Por and Hou were trash. LBJ is playing pretty well all things considered. What I do not like - and what is not a function of Denver’s D but Lebrons decisionmaking - is the pace he plays at and his decision to pound the ball and wait for the D to commit before he makes one pass - only one pass - for our final shot of the possession. Unacceptable in my opinion. He either needs to move the ball and then himself or go quicker to force the D to commit so we have a chance to move the ball and get a better shot than the one LBJ creates off of his initial pass.

We saw it multiple times last night in the 4th. He’d dance at the top of the key, move in a couple inches, make Murray bite and then kick it to AD in the corner for a three. (Brick.) compare that with a play later where he did the same thing but rather than commit to making a play from the ball side he swung it to Kuz in the corner, who then had a jump pass to AD which creates free throws.

Pace is everything, ball movement and player movement are everything - and e simply need more of it.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Damn right Phil!

https://twitter.com/lakersoutsiders/status/1309622802245394432?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

There are 2 types of defenders. Defenders with active hands like Kawhi, and players who can lock you down.

Guess which one Lebron can be

Clips in link:

https://twitter.com/JoeyARamirez/status/1309559793808359424
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Herro, Murray, Tatum

You're a fan of the Clippers though who did the same ...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Damn right Phil!

https://twitter.com/lakersoutsiders/status/1309622802245394432?s=21

Keep coach Handy at all cost
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

LBJ took 14 free throws in a game = big headline news

Harden/Dame/Murry or any other flopping guards take 20 a game = .......hearing crickets
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1460, 1461, 1462 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1461 of 2079
Jump to: