The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1458, 1459, 1460 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
I guarantee you he wants to win more than anyone. His age is showing. Playoff games every other day is taking its toll. Gonna be 36 soon.

His age is showing? He's still the best player in the game at 35. Games every other day, but no travel involved is huge.

Watch his 2018 playoff run. He’s not playing at that level. You could make the argument that he’s facing better competition now but this Lakers team is several times better than that Cavs team as well. He hasn’t looked like the playoff Lebron I was expecting...still great....but not the world eater he once was.

Yes....bc he is 2 years older
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers not having a set half court offense (Vogel as advertised) is taking a toll. It’s basically give the ball to LeBron and get out of the way. He gets tired that he starts settling for 3 pointers and fade-aways. Then he has to chase Murray, Milsap, Grant on the other end.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Lakers not having a set half court offense (Vogel as advertised) is taking a toll. It’s basically give the ball to LeBron and get out of the way. He gets tired that he starts settling for 3 pointers and fade-aways. Then he has to chase Murray, Milsap, Grant on the other end.

That's why I hope Kidd will find some job elsewhere and we will hire good offensive assistant .Vogel is not known as offensive coach. It was expected.
I can see Rondo in the future taking this role. He will be great I think.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
I guarantee you he wants to win more than anyone. His age is showing. Playoff games every other day is taking its toll. Gonna be 36 soon.

His age is showing? He's still the best player in the game at 35. Games every other day, but no travel involved is huge.

Watch his 2018 playoff run. He’s not playing at that level. You could make the argument that he’s facing better competition now but this Lakers team is several times better than that Cavs team as well. He hasn’t looked like the playoff Lebron I was expecting...still great....but not the world eater he once was.

Yes....bc he is 2 years older

To be fair, he had 30 points on 61% shooting to go along with 10 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals. He wasn't aggressive though, with only 2 FT attempts.

Still, his numbers would be considered elite for any player of any generations standards.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject:

He was also surrounded by much better shooting two years ago in Cleveland. That team obviously was short on talent, but offensively, they fit Lebron's own strengths well. With better spacing, he can still wreck teams - don't get it twisted.

Nuggets and other teams have realized that it's best to clog the paint against us to help neutralize AD and Lebron, and force our inconsistent shooters to come through.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
He was also surrounded by much better shooting two years ago in Cleveland. That team obviously was short on talent, but offensively, they fit Lebron's own strengths well. With better spacing, he can still wreck teams - don't get it twisted.

Nuggets and other teams have realized that it's best to clog the paint against us to help neutralize AD and Lebron, and force our inconsistent shooters to come through.

Get the ball down the floor before the Nuggets can clog the paint.
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Jordan won at this age- so can lebron. The problem I have is that he obviously coasts games due to cockiness. I understand he is preserving himself endurance wise but he has been lack luster in the fourth quarter. If he played like his life depended on it.. it would be LAL 3-0 currently. He didn’t play 100% period.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is a rhythm player at this point in his career (and always kinda has been)- it's not easy for him to just turn it on after an extended bench breather, especially when it comes to attack mode. Wish Vogel would feature him and AD more often for extended stretch just to put the pressure on the Nuggets. The Microball disjointed lineupups should be shelved.

He stepped it up in the fourth when we got transition plays off the zone D, but we've consistently struggled when its just LBJ or AD dribble dribble in the half court. Cleaning up the turnovers and not letting them get to the stripe so much should help. We are at our best with quick hitting plays earlier in the shot clock. Bogging down the shot clock plays into Denver's hands.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

The fourth quarter proved what we all thought, he’s pacing himself. I think he scored 13 in the fourth. He was our best player tonight. The only guy to rebound consistently and end defensive possessions. He also came out with good energy. The rest of the team did not. He had had a sense of urgency these last two games because he knows the Nuggets are a dangerous come from behind team, and because he wants to get a big lead early. My issue is turnovers. It’s been killing us. His second half ball protection was much better..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject:

Just seemed like his mind wasn't there last night, especially the first half. Looked like he was drifting a bit. Came alive a bit at the end but it was too late.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Agreed. He's no longer at the level he was at physically for those Heat and Cavs title runs. Still damn good, but it's clear he's lost a step.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just seemed like his mind wasn't there last night, especially the first half. Looked like he was drifting a bit. Came alive a bit at the end but it was too late.

That's the model he's used all year. If we hit our shots, we win this game. Other than his 5 turnovers in the first half, I don't see the relevance in questioning the effort of the guy who had 10 of our 25 rebounds.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's the model he's used all year. If we hit our shots, we win this game. Other than his 5 turnovers in the first half, I don't see the relevance in questioning the effort of the guy who had 10 of our 25 rebounds.

Well that's the point. 5 turnovers in the 1st half showed his mind wasn't there. Lots of careless turnovers. He woke up later in the game but we just do not have the offensive firepower for him to cruise in the 1st. Something just wasn't there last night.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

I went back through Lebron's earlier, much younger years like 2012. In that pivotal 7 game series against the Celtics, Lebron averaged 46 minutes! His age is definitely showing in needing all this rest.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

As good as he is, 35 years of age is 35 years of age.

We have a really tight window. This is the only season the Lakers can win with him as 1A/1B with AD imo.

Going to need another star to win a chip in 2021 and beyond tbh.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

Playoff LeBron needs to return in game 4 for the full game. Not just the 4th quarter when we're down by 20 and most of the team is mentally checked out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
Jordan won at this age- so can lebron. The problem I have is that he obviously coasts games due to cockiness. I understand he is preserving himself endurance wise but he has been lack luster in the fourth quarter. If he played like his life depended on it.. it would be LAL 3-0 currently. He didn’t play 100% period.

There is no excuse, he took last season off and is coming off of 4.5 months rest. While his 100% is no longer what it was three years ago, there is no reason he should be coasting. Maybe less minutes with more effort would be an answer.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

LBJ seemed distant last night. Denver got into a rhythm against us in the 4th quarter of game one. The tide shifted to them and carried through game 3. Now it's time for FV to crank up the D and set the tempo of the game. Break as often as possible.
Denver is an odd team but they out quicked us, out shot us, played good D and rebounded well. Dont want to see this series get tied up.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Robblake wrote:

There is no excuse, he took last season off and is coming off of 4.5 months rest. While his 100% is no longer what it was three years ago, there is no reason he should be coasting. Maybe less minutes with more effort would be an answer.

That has obviously been the model. His defensive effort is twice what it was in those last couple Cavs playoff runs.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

I wonder if that ankle he tweaked in game 1 is bothering him. It looked minor, but I've hardly ever seen LeBron twist his ankle at all. And of course as you get older it takes longer to recover from injury. I don't know, but he hasn't looked the same since then.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Lebron's per 36 minutes over these 13 playoff games is 27/11/9 on 55% shooting.

This is about Lebron playing fewer minutes than ever, not his production.

Lakers fans are so spoiled it's hilarious.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Robblake wrote:

Lol he isn’t coasting. It doesn’t matter how much rest he got during the year. He’s 35 with the most miles on his body than anyone in history at the same point. His body literally can’t go 100% for long periods anymore. The biggest decline with him is his stamina. But with all that mileage and age, it is to be expected.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

If we had 2 days off between games I think you would see James at his best. With only 1 day off, at his age, I think it's tough - he was out of gas that last 3 mins, I think he was pacing himself early so he could finish strong and the lead got away to 20+.

If we can stay in striking distance or have the lead going into the 4th then I think you will see LBJ turn it up to get us to a 3-1 lead.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully the rest of the team steps up so we can have Lebron to close out the 4th strong. Will need everything we got for this Denver team
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I have complete faith in The King.

He is taking us to the Promised Land....this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1458, 1459, 1460 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1459 of 2086
Jump to: