The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1390, 1391, 1392 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lebron 2 FTs Only. Zion shot 19 FTs.... I think part reason he don’t drive late in games is because he just dont get that respect anymore. I don’t know the reason for it when he clearly is getting fouled.

He'll drive more come playoff time. Why get abused under the bucket all game for a regular season win

Wait, I thought that Lebron was all about giving that fan who paid his hard earned money a show? Now I read he is giving a lesser effort because it is only a hard earned regular season game. Can’t you guys find one narrative and stick with it? I will stick with the idea that at 35, he just can’t blow by guys like he used to.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I invite teams to go small ball against us.

Teams have been pretty successful
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lebron 2 FTs Only. Zion shot 19 FTs.... I think part reason he don’t drive late in games is because he just dont get that respect anymore. I don’t know the reason for it when he clearly is getting fouled.

He'll drive more come playoff time. Why get abused under the bucket all game for a regular season win

Wait, I thought that Lebron was all about giving that fan who paid his hard earned money a show? Now I read he is giving a lesser effort because it is only a hard earned regular season game. Can’t you guys find one narrative and stick with it? I will stick with the idea that at 35, he just can’t blow by guys like he used to.

But objectively he’s not getting foul calls at the rim. He’s getting hacked like crazy and Jrue was all over LBJ last night.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

But objectively he’s not getting foul calls at the rim. He’s getting hacked like crazy and Jrue was all over LBJ last night.

And defenders aren’t getting charge calls when he lowers his shoulder into them and dislodges them when they have position. It’s similar to when Shaq played but Shaq was more deadly at the rim.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

And defenders aren’t getting charge calls when he lowers his shoulder into them and dislodges them when they have position. It’s similar to when Shaq played but Shaq was more deadly at the rim.

He got a bs one against Boston and I cant remember a super star ever going to the rim 10+ times per game yet coming away with 2 FTs. But VCF knows this already clearly.

#BannersOverBillboards
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

The rate of offensive charges vs defensive fouls are always skewed to the latter. And in LBJ’s case it’s ridiculous he doesn’t get the clear fouls at the rim.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

There's no question that he drives less and that's he's lost a few steps. But LeBron hasn't been getting calls for a very long time. If you look at free throw attempts per shots taken in the paint, LeBron has ranked way behind any other star in the game even going back to his Miami days. And if you've watched him play, it's fairly remarkable how few free throws he gets even in those games where he is driving repeatedly. I remember Kyle Korver once said that he always thought that LeBron got calls until he played with him and saw just how much he got hit without a whistle. Jared Dudley said something similar on the Lowe Post recently.

I think the reason for this is fairly straightforward - like Shaq it isn't obvious that people have even hit him due to his strength. Like people will hit him and he'll try to finish through the contact. Compare this with guys that have slight frames that completely change their trajectory when hit. And contrary to his reputation, LeBron also rarely ever flops. I actually think it's about time he started selling contact more given the way the league is officiated these days. And we've just talked so far about shots at the rim. Guys like Lou Williams, Harden, Durant, Westbrook, Chis Paul, Luka, etc get so many free points that LeBron doesn't just by selling contact all over the court- on screens, on jumpers, etc.

Where LeBron has always gotten favorable calls is on the defensive end where he pretty much mauls people one on one when he's engaged and rarely gets called for it. But on the offensive end, the way he attacks with power isn't conducive to drawing free throws and really never has been.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1232544854388957184

Quote:
@ESPNStatsInfo

LeBron James joins Kareem-Abdul Jabbar, Elgin Baylor & Kobe Bryant as the only Lakers with a 40-pt game after turning 35.

LeBron is 18-0 when scoring 30 points in a game this season, the most wins without a loss in 30-pt games to start a season in NBA history.

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Highest ON/OFF court point-differential per 100 poss this season (min 1,200 mins):

13.3 — LeBron James
12.7 — Rudy Gobert
11.8 — Chris Paul
11.7 — Jayson Tatum
11.2 — Bojan Bogdanovic
10.4 — Kawhi Leonard
9.8 — Giannis Antetokounmpo

https://mobile.twitter.com/statmuse/status/1232727989441318912

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
Highest ON/OFF court point-differential per 100 poss this season (min 1,200 mins):

13.3 — LeBron James
12.7 — Rudy Gobert
11.8 — Chris Paul
11.7 — Jayson Tatum
11.2 — Bojan Bogdanovic
10.4 — Kawhi Leonard

Despite this illustration of his value, this forum and the organization will still turn on him if he loses in the playoffs via the FT line.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

13.3 — LeBron James
12.7 — Rudy Gobert
11.8 — Chris Paul
11.7 — Jayson Tatum
11.2 — Bojan Bogdanovic
10.4 — Kawhi Leonard

Despite this illustration of his value, this forum and the organization will still turn on him if he loses in the playoffs via the FT line.

Well, if we lose this year because he can’t hit free throws down the stretch then I don’t know what you would expect from this fan base..
No one is in your face during a free throw. A Goat should be able to come through in those situations, no?
It’s 100% on you, bro. LeBron is balling right now and hopefully he’ll kick it up another notch in the postseason.
We got a Great shot at this thing
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

Good points

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

There's no question that he drives less and that's he's lost a few steps. But LeBron hasn't been getting calls for a very long time. If you look at free throw attempts per shots taken in the paint, LeBron has ranked way behind any other star in the game even going back to his Miami days. And if you've watched him play, it's fairly remarkable how few free throws he gets even in those games where he is driving repeatedly. I remember Kyle Korver once said that he always thought that LeBron got calls until he played with him and saw just how much he got hit without a whistle. Jared Dudley said something similar on the Lowe Post recently.

I think the reason for this is fairly straightforward - like Shaq it isn't obvious that people have even hit him due to his strength. Like people will hit him and he'll try to finish through the contact. Compare this with guys that have slight frames that completely change their trajectory when hit. And contrary to his reputation, LeBron also rarely ever flops. I actually think it's about time he started selling contact more given the way the league is officiated these days. And we've just talked so far about shots at the rim. Guys like Lou Williams, Harden, Durant, Westbrook, Chis Paul, Luka, etc get so many free points that LeBron doesn't just by selling contact all over the court- on screens, on jumpers, etc.

Where LeBron has always gotten favorable calls is on the defensive end where he pretty much mauls people one on one when he's engaged and rarely gets called for it. But on the offensive end, the way he attacks with power isn't conducive to drawing free throws and really never has been.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Well, if we lose this year because he can’t hit free throws down the stretch then I don’t know what you would expect from this fan base..
No one is in your face during a free throw. A Goat should be able to come through in those situations, no?

Lots of guys on the GOAT short list were worst free throwers than Lebron -- Wilt, Shaq, Kareem, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell.

Everyone has chinks in their armor. That's one of Lebron's. Wouldn't shock me if we lose a playoff game because of his free throwing.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

Kobe lost us a playoff game against the Spurs with clutch free throw misses, but he was 19 years old. Not the end of the world.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Lots of guys on the GOAT short list were worst free throwers than Lebron -- Wilt, Shaq, Kareem, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell.

Everyone has chinks in their armor. That's one of Lebron's. Wouldn't shock me if we lose a playoff game because of his free throwing.

Cap was NOT a worse FT shooter than Bron during his championship runs.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Has LeBron ever lost a playoff game because of his free throw shooting? I can recall regular season games but no playoff ones. It’s obviously possible that it could cost them a game, but there are far more likely reasons that the Lakers could drop a playoff game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Cap was NOT a worse FT shooter than Bron during his championship runs.

cap a 72% FT shooter. Lbj is 73%.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

13.3 — LeBron James
12.7 — Rudy Gobert
11.8 — Chris Paul
11.7 — Jayson Tatum
11.2 — Bojan Bogdanovic
10.4 — Kawhi Leonard

It’s 100% on you, bro. LeBron is balling right now and hopefully he’ll kick it up another notch in the postseason.
We got a Great shot at this thing

Easy Bayless, I didn't say "goat".
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Lebron shoots 74.5% in non-Finals playoff games, and 73.9% in the Finals. While this makes it seem like he's unfazed by the bigger stage, he is particularly bad at the line in certain moments. I don't have that data but I've seen a few articles

73.9% & 73-9

Last edited by PenG_ on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

well those are all 7 footers
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lebron shoots 74.5% in non-Finals playoff games, and 73.9% in the Finals. While this makes it seem like he's unfazed by the bigger stage, he is particularly bad at the line in certain moments. I don't have that data but I've seen a few articles

He’s an inconsistent free throw shooter at best. And he’s worse now than he was during those title runs. It’s definitely a concern. It’s also highly unlikely to be the primary or even secondary reason why the Lakers lose playoff games. There are roster flaws (total lack of a secondary creator, nobody to guard a big wing, not enough shooting, etc) and rotation issues (too much Rondo, too few minutes with AD at the five, too few minutes for Caruso, etc) that are far more likely to cost the Lakers against the best teams.

Last edited by Cyberfreak444 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I never said what you claim I said, so nice strawman.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I invite teams to go small ball against us.

Teams have been pretty successful

Before we acquired Morris
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Is FT shooting like pressure putting in golf? In other words, does it get worse with age?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Is FT shooting like pressure putting in golf? In other words, does it get worse with age?

No
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1390, 1391, 1392 ... 2083, 2084, 2085  Next
Page 1391 of 2085
Jump to: