The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

Kobe’s last post on Instagram and Twitter were about Lebron moving the game forward. The was less than 12 hours before Kobe died. That’s gotta be hard on Lebron. I feel like Lebron will be a different player, different mentality when he comes out. There’s now a weight on Lebrons shoulder and that this season, and what he does for the rest of his career is going to have much more meaning now.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

We don't look at the citizen human side of these stars

LeBron is a big philanthropist and doting Father. I am certain he had met Kobe's family plenty of times. 5 incredibly happy people.. one of them an Idol of his!

He gets to go home and hug his children and wife

>>>James has three children with Savannah Brinson, his high school sweetheart<<

I have never once met Kobe and this is life changing for me.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
How do YOU define another man's right to grieve or not?

God Complex up in this thread

People are in grief, and it's not surprising they project their feelings onto Lebron and others. It's a weird situation when something like this happens to a celebrity that a lot of people feel they know, but don't really know.

This is especially true because the young age that Kobe died at means he has a lot of fans who have never experienced a meaningful person dying on a personal level. The older people -- who have seen parents, partners, friends, and siblings die -- most likely react to this in a different way.

I don't believe in making grief a spectator sport. As far as I'm concern, it's not my business how Lebron or anyone else reacts to this. I don't consider how the Lakers play from this point forward any kind of referendum on how they feel about Kobe.

A horrible tragedy had occurred. I figure everyone should be allowed to deal with it as they need to. There is no need for a scorecard about how anyone -- be in LG posters, NBA players or anyone else -- reacts.
Burner Account
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

People are in grief, and it's not surprising they project their feelings onto Lebron and others. It's a weird situation when something like this happens to a celebrity that a lot of people feel they know, but don't really know.

This is especially true because the young age that Kobe died at means he has a lot of fans who have never experienced a meaningful person dying on a personal level. The older people -- who have seen parents, partners, friends, and siblings die -- most likely react to this in a different way.

I don't believe in making grief a spectator sport. As far as I'm concern, it's not my business how Lebron or anyone else reacts to this. I don't consider how the Lakers play from this point forward any kind of referendum on how they feel about Kobe.

A horrible tragedy had occurred. I figure everyone should be allowed to deal with it as they need to. There is no need for a scorecard about how anyone -- be in LG posters, NBA players or anyone else -- reacts.

+1
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

Kobe's final gift to LG was killing that other thread.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Trey, thanks for bringing the coherence.

This isn't on LeBron at all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Yes. I hope we can unite as Lakers fans behind Kobe. Pretty clear that both Kobe/LBJ loved each other dearly like brothers; so can we.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yes. I hope we can unite as Lakers fans behind Kobe. Pretty clear that both Kobe/LBJ loved each other dearly like brothers; so can we.

+1

All Family
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

PNWlakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

+1

All Family

+2
Stop hating each other or the team because some players were trades or some people hated LeBron when he wasn't a Laker. Let's all root for the Lakers, do it for Kobe, to homage him with the ring.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Watching Tracy McGrady on ESPN right now makes you realize you know NOTHING about their private lives. Back when they were in their primes and doing their thing, I did the same thing as some of you are doing now in the Lebron vs Kobe thread, just hyping up one guy and trashing another. Not knowing that T-Mac and Kobe were like brothers off the court, had sleepovers, etc. Kobe and Lebron don't need you fans to defend their honor by trashing the other. You have ZERO clue what type of relationship off the court they have.

I hope the Lebron vs Kobe thread is locked forever, not just temporarily.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Watching Tracy McGrady on ESPN right now makes you realize you know NOTHING about their private lives. Back when they were in their primes and doing their thing, I did the same thing as some of you are doing now in the Lebron vs Kobe thread, just hyping up one guy and trashing another. Not knowing that T-Mac and Kobe were like brothers off the court, had sleepovers, etc. Kobe and Lebron don't need you fans to defend their honor by trashing the other. You have ZERO clue what type of relationship off the court they have.

Not just that (i.e. a thread being locked).

But that we will truly honor and appreciate the Kobe/LBJ love and not make it about denigrating the other. They're both Lakers fam and I don't see them as anything else but such.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

The best day of my life will be when vanessa and her kids start kinda accepting what happened and the pain is not so fresh.. until then i'll suffer knowing kobe's loves one are suffering.

this really break my heart.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

There's literally nobody on the planet that I would want to lead this group of guys during this time than LeBron. The city is really going to need him, and it might not be fair, but that's what it takes to be great in this city
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Posted in the Kobe thread but here it is again...

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1221930604117286914?s=21

Quote:
One final conversation: LeBron James and Kobe Bryant had phone call late Saturday night after James passed Bryant on the NBA scoring charts, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Several Lakers players listened into call -- in what would be their final memory of Bryant's voice

No wonder he was so emotional on the tarmac after returning (even though some folks here suggested it was a photo op)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Not just that (i.e. a thread being locked).

But that we will truly honor and appreciate the Kobe/LBJ love and not make it about denigrating the other. They're both Lakers fam and I don't see them as anything else but such.

Agree 100%. Seeing a lot of this out there. That no more comparisons, just appreciations. The topic should just be considered banned here going forward.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Quote:
One final conversation: LeBron James and Kobe Bryant had phone call late Saturday night after James passed Bryant on the NBA scoring charts, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Several Lakers players listened into call -- in what would be their final memory of Bryant's voice

No wonder he was so emotional on the tarmac after returning (even though some folks here suggested it was a photo op)

(bleep). Imagine what's going through his mind right now.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

(bleep). Imagine what's going through his mind right now.

That's tough. And there are sillies complaining about him not posting anything on social media right away. Let people mourn. Sheesh.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Trey, thanks for bringing the coherence.

This isn't on LeBron at all.

A thank you from you friend made my day.

Just remember all the amazing people who share today in your Grief and your Love.
Oneness
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

An Amazing Vietnamese Buddhist Monk named Thich Nhat Hanh gives two very important questions to his followers

Do you really know
Are you really sure

Before we decide or react

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. nominated Hanh for a Nobel Peace Prize before he was assassinated.
When Giants Meet -

Taking a moment to listen to Hanh can bring even the beast in you Peace
He is still alive. Recently fell into a Coma and came out at like age 85 iirc.. Followers said it was just a deep meditation

https://tnhaudio.org/
https://www.audible.com/search?searchNarrator=Thich+Nhat+Hanh
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

I agree, we don’t know what kind of a relationship Kobe and Lebron had. I think that people imagine it to be what they want it to be. And I don’t see why that should ever be an issue.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

That killed me...Mcgrady is my favorite player ever..I became a Lakers fan through watching him and Kobe duel it out. This kills me.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is on a MISSION

https://www.instagram.com/p/B72NUtWA0gS/?igshid=1dw7xzq3a7nop
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
LeBron is on a MISSION

https://www.instagram.com/p/B72NUtWA0gS/?igshid=1dw7xzq3a7nop

Freak.
Just that first 3 words and I started tearing up.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@kingjames Verified
I’m Not Ready but here I go. Man I sitting here trying to write something for this post but every time I try I begin crying again just thinking about you, niece Gigi and the friendship/bond/brotherhood we had! I literally just heard your voice Sunday morning before I left Philly to head back to LA. Didn’t think for one bit in a million years that would be the last conversation we’d have. WTF!! I’m heartbroken and devastated my brother!! 😢😢😢😢💔. Man I love you big bro. My heart goes to Vanessa and the kids. I promise you I’ll continue your legacy man! You mean so much to us all here especially #LakerNation💜💛 and it’s my responsibility to put this (bleep) on my back and keep it going!! Please give me the strength from the heavens above and watch over me! I got US here! There’s so much more I want to say but just can’t right now because I can’t get through it! Until we meet again my brother!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

go get it king, we got your back
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1363 of 2082
Jump to: