The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1360, 1361, 1362 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Saw the video of LBJ crying on tarmac

Convenient since the team was informed during the flight.

Crying in his wife’s arms..

Let’s not gang up on VLF, y’all. Not today, not anyday. Ok. It’s just a statement, probably in jest , Internet makes things come across as harsh as possible.

VLF is just a pos and insufferable troll.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Let’s not gang up on VLF, y’all. Not today, not anyday. Ok. It’s just a statement, probably in jest , Internet makes things come across as harsh as possible.

Not today bruddhas
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Not today bruddhas

Totally agree. His comments are typical.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Not today bruddhas

Just ignore him when he's being an arsehole
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
governator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Not today bruddhas

Yeah, kind of sickening to still display that on a day like this tbh.. Someone that can say that so easily is def. someone we need to just ignore for a bit on here. Don't feed the miserable negative trolls.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
governator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Not today bruddhas

Then no one would ever reply
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
drae wrote:
governator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Not today bruddhas

Then no one would ever reply

TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Chilling to see Kobe's last post on Twitter directed at LBJ...in hindsight, the wording sounds so ominous and has a sense of finality as he passes the torch to Lebron.

Kobe Bryant

Verified account

@kobebryant
24h24 hours ago
More
Continuing to move the game forward @KingJames. Much respect my brother 💪🏾 #33644
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
There is literally no other acceptable outcome. I believe he has it in him. Do it for Mamba and Gigi.

Same goes for AD. You wanted to be a Laker? Now show us.

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
This has to have Lebron totally freaked out. He passes Kobe in all time scoring in a 20 point loss, then Kobe dies.

He knows what he's has to do...

He has to bleed purple and gold. He has to be willing to die for this team. Championship or die. Period.

Yes, I'm using the word "die" figuratively.

Watch him play in honor of Kobe
I feel we are about to see something very special

I can’t believe his girl was with him when the helicopter went down
That news hit me even harder, if that was even possible

Stop with this freaking nonsense. THIS IS NOT EVEN ABOUT BASKETBALL.

And all you're doing is setting LeBron, AD, and the team up for unbearable criticism by making it about that. STOP. You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
There is literally no other acceptable outcome. I believe he has it in him. Do it for Mamba and Gigi.

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
This has to have Lebron totally freaked out. He passes Kobe in all time scoring in a 20 point loss, then Kobe dies.

He has to bleed purple and gold. He has to be willing to die for this team. Championship or die. Period.

And all you're doing is setting LeBron, AD, and the team up for unbearable criticism by making it about that. STOP. You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Though i was in the same boat i have to agree with you here. I was wrong myself for saying that coming from a lot of anger. But the more i watch videos of him and Kobe the more i realise these 2 were family and most likely had that kind of love. I'd be surprised if Lebron even keeps it together for the season. This is bigger than basketball. I just hope Lebron and the team can come together mourn and remember Kobe by putting it all out there on the court. Win or lose if we do that it's enough.

Season has lost all joy for me though. I just dont see the point in it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I don’t mind if Vogel and Lakers use this to fuel them to try and win.
At some point those guys have to move on, as will everyone else.
Can’t fault them for that. If they feel they want to win one for Kobe and city of LA/Laker nation world wide who are all devastated, that’s totally fine.

But me personally .... as excited as I was for this season. Just thinking of watching a Laker home game makes me want to cry or not watch. You just think of Kobe, the times he had on the court. So it won’t be the same for me. I just can’t.

For the players though they all have to move on, and as much as they loved Kobe, they don’t have the same affinity for Lakers and Kobe like us fans do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Tuesday will be an emotional night. Kobe was probably going to be there to pay tribute to Lebron for passing him in scoring. Lakers probably had something planned for Lebron. Now what do they do? Hard to honor Lebron for passing Kobe when Kobe just passed

This has been a very long day filled with sadness. It actually got worse as the day went on and it's really starting to sink in.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Tuesday will be an emotional night. Kobe was probably going to be there to pay tribute to Lebron for passing him in scoring. Lakers probably had something planned for Lebron. Now what do they do? Hard to honor Lebron for passing Kobe when Kobe just passed

This has been a very long day filled with sadness. It actually got worse as the day went on and it's really starting to sink in.

Same here. Is only getting worse.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:

Lebron shouldn't even be playing..Hell he should be mourning his damn brother he lost. These two were close man. I dont see him playing tuesday and he shouldn't It's crazy what we except out of athletes. These guys are not in a warzone they cant just accept and move on. Everyone close to Kobe should be able to process this and deal with it. I dont see anything good coming out of Lebron playing with this in the back of his head. (bleep) is messed up as it is. Cant even believe there were games today. NBA family my ass Silver.
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cant even believe there were games today. NBA family my ass Silver.

I understand your point. I really do.
As a Lakers fan, one side of me was like, "Since Kobe passed so suddenly, there shouldn't be any games." (Some players and ex-players said the same thing)

But the other side of me was like...

There are people out there that have waited and spent their hard earned money to see either Dame Lillard, or Kawhi, or Zion live, and to have it all ruined by a player they are not even a fan of? In some cases, this might garner hate towards Kobe even though it wouldn't be his fault.

I really feel that by them playing the games today, this really honored who Kobe really was. A fierce competitor, the man who played through broken fingers even in the finals, the same man who went to the freethrow line and shot those shots when he tore his achillies. I really feel by doing it this way, a lot of people that were haters of Kobe garnered new respect for him and in my view, he may be vaulted up higher on the GOAT list

TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Daikatana wrote:
Quote:
Cant even believe there were games today. NBA family my ass Silver.

I understand your point. I really do.
As a Lakers fan, one side of me was like, "Since Kobe passed so suddenly, there shouldn't be any games." (Some players and ex-players said the same thing)

But the other side of me was like...

There are people out there that have waited and spent their hard earned money to see either Dame Lillard, or Kawhi, or Zion live, and to have it all ruined by a player they are not even a fan of? In some cases, this might garner hate towards Kobe even though it wouldn't be his fault.

I really feel that by them playing the games today, this really honored who Kobe really was. A fierce competitor, the man who played through broken fingers even in the finals, the same man who went to the freethrow line and shot those shots when he tore his achillies. I really feel by doing it this way, a lot of people that were haters of Kobe garnered new respect for him and in my view, he may be vaulted up higher on the GOAT list

I understand where you're coming from and i agree for the most part. I got league pass so tend to watch a lot of different games outside of Lakers. And what i saw today was athletes bawling their eyes out on the court. I saw Tyson Chandler cry his heart out, Pj Tucker cry his heart out Austin Rivers etc etc...This was a day of mourning. I understand NBA is a business and fans have paid i truly do. But man this is Kobe Bryant everybody knows him even people who've never seen him play. You've got people from all over the world bawling their eyes out right now because of who he was. I listened to Mike Breen more or less saying he doesn't want to comment the game today i heard his voice crack as he was talking about Kobe. It wasn't a day for NBA in my opinion. But thats just my opinion. I know i could never watch a game after hearing this..Hell i tried watching but hearing Breen trying his best to hold it together did it for me.

But in the end you're right my feelings are just mixed.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Its inevitable. Regardless this will turned into "win this one for Kobe"
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I feel for Lebron, he just passed his idol and now this. This will always be a bittersweet thorn in his side.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

For the past decade or so, the world has always asked Lebron what his thoughts were on anything and everything. The fact that he is now a Laker, that just surpassed the greatest Laker of all time in points the night before, and now the world is waiting to hear from him when he is probably at the most devastating point in his career... man.

Man, I feel for Kobe’s family and all of Lakers Nation, but I also feel for Lebron. Kareem is too old to be around these days. Shaq, Pat, and West have his own things going on. Magic quit on the team. Unfortunately, Lebron is now the face of the Lakers in the wake of Kobe’s death. Kobe stepped into the role of Mr. Laker so beautifully. Such a shame.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
For the past decade or so, the world has always asked Lebron what his thoughts were on anything and everything. The fact that he is now a Laker, that just surpassed the greatest Laker of all time in points the night before, and now the world is waiting to hear from him when he is probably at the most devastating point in his career... man.

Man, I feel for Kobe’s family and all of Lakers Nation, but I also feel for Lebron. Kareem is too old to be around these days. Shaq, Pat, and West have his own things going on. Magic quit on the team. Unfortunately, Lebron is now the face of the Lakers in the wake of Kobe’s death. Kobe stepped into the role of Mr. Laker so beautifully. Such a shame.

To be quite honest LeBron is the ONLY player today that can handle it.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I haven’t been around a lot today and I probably won’t be around for a bit. I just want everyone to know that 3000 miles away people, who in a town (Pittsburgh) who don’t even care about basketball are devastated. Everyone my age (late 30’s early 40’s) see this as the biggest sports loss in their lives.

The older generation compares it to Clemente’s death in the early 70’s. I wasn’t around for that so I can’t compare. All I know is that this hits me like a family member is gone. I don’t even care about the game right now. This just sucks.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Agreed.

Even Giannis de-activated both his twitter and instagram. He's probably crushed to the core.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

I hope we can all take in LBJ into the Lakers family. Kobe did. Everyone is hurting, even LBJ.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I dont think he can to be honest. They were like brothers. I'd be surprised if i see Lebron playing the next couple of game. He shouldn't to be honest. He should mourn his friend. Anybody here ever lost someone they care about should know how devastating that feeling is.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I have no doubt in my mind that Kobe would have wanted to see everyone play today just let it remind everyone that no matter who you are or what you do it can all be taken away in an instant. Embrace the life you have and love the people around you.

It's all about the individual regarding playing after a tragedy (no right or wrong way to handle such a brutal situation.. just like i fully understand and respect Kyrie not playing) but I know many actually prefer to play because it's something you can steer that frustration and bowl of emotions at instead of letting the thoughts and emotions constantly take you over, especially so soon after.

The pain wont be gone in 2 days and it sure as hell wont be gone in April either. I'm glad Lebron has a couple days before he has to decide what he wants to do though.

For me, and i'm sure many others Lakers basketball is not going to mean much for awhile win or lose but it's still that last link we as fans have to Kobe and i'm sure once some time passes it will drag me back in and i'll be rooting for this years team more then I have for any team in a longggg time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1360, 1361, 1362 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1361 of 2079
Jump to: