The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1355, 1356, 1357 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

When Bron breaks Kobe's record he will have done it in 17 years as opposed to it taking Kobe 20.

In my mind he will never reach the Lakers level of appreciation Kobe did even if he brings the Larry O'Brien to Staples.

Kobe spent 20 years with one franchise, this one, an achievement accomplished by few. Kobe's a LAKER through and through. He never donned another jersey.

Props to Bron for the upcoming record.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
troy wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
King James only 17 points away from #3 all time points.
Looks like it will be at Philly, but still hoping for LAC game

Lets hope for Philly. If that Clips game is a Laker "Away" game, no way Balmer stops play to honor Lebron.

Not sure Balmer has a choice. Likely a league mandate for celebrating milestones.

I just want to see him motivated, the team playing with some defensive intensity, and most of all a win against a rival.

Clippers are feeling too comfortable in their games against the Lakers. Starting to develop a sense that they have the advantage and potentially “in the heads” and of the Lakers. Time to put a stop to that. Especially during a milestone moment when everyone is watching.

Since when is third worth stopping a game? First, sure. Not third.

Minny had the class to do so and give Kobe a huge round of applause when he passed MJ.

Philly will show the same class. Passing up all time greats like Kobe for 3rd is a huge accomplishment.

Give him a participation trophy while we are at it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Lets hope for Philly. If that Clips game is a Laker "Away" game, no way Balmer stops play to honor Lebron.

Not sure Balmer has a choice. Likely a league mandate for celebrating milestones.

I just want to see him motivated, the team playing with some defensive intensity, and most of all a win against a rival.

Clippers are feeling too comfortable in their games against the Lakers. Starting to develop a sense that they have the advantage and potentially “in the heads” and of the Lakers. Time to put a stop to that. Especially during a milestone moment when everyone is watching.

Minny had the class to do so and give Kobe a huge round of applause when he passed MJ.

Philly will show the same class. Passing up all time greats like Kobe for 3rd is a huge accomplishment.

Cranky are we not on a beautiful Friday.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Get off my lawn!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

I guess just from another generation where only records were celebrated. Big Cards fan and no one stopped the game when Mac passed the Babe but did when he passed Maris.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

The man has earned the respect for career achievements. I’m assuming he will get the adoration he deserves.

But I’m a simple guy. I just want a damn win!

Preferably against BOTH Sixers and Clips, but if only one... has to be a win against the Clips.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I guess just from another generation where only records were celebrated

Or before the internet.

Times change. The game has changed.

Rocky Balboa voice:

Quote:
guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, [VLF] can change!

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Lol I'm with you on this one VLF. I don't recall Cap getting celebrated every time he passed another dude in the Top 10. I only remember this:

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

And used to beautiful Fridays too, seems like. I enjoyed your comment a lot though.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

When LeBron starts looking for his Mid-range shots and dancing w his dribble he just seems more comfortable.

BTW i saw a bubble chart and Lebron is by far the greatest assist man.. not because of how many his getting but the PPS is insane.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Actually, it is roughly 16.5 seasons. He has not played a full 17 seasons yet.

I made the same mistake
Incredible feat.

By the way, if anyone here wants to attend a watch party in LA on Saturday, give me a shout out. You can taste some epic #LAbron Laker cake

jodeke wrote:
When Bron breaks Kobe's record he will have done it in 17 years as opposed to it taking Kobe 20.

In my mind he will never reach the Lakers level of appreciation Kobe did even if he brings the Larry O'Brien to Staples.

Kobe spent 20 years with one franchise, this one, an achievement accomplished by few. Kobe's a LAKER through and through. He never donned another jersey.

Props to Bron for the upcoming record.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Matt Barnes: It almost looks like he's on cruise control out there, so he's going to be a problem come playoff time

Last edited by drae on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

3-6 in The Finals. Not making the playoffs last season, and 0-2 versus the clippers this season. Those are the only numbers I care about.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Get off my lawn!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/d7/81/7ed781fdba45276602940a5596dfef68.gif
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
3-6 in The Finals. Not making the playoffs last season, and 0-2 versus the clippers this season. Those are the only numbers I care about.

Just like clockwork.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I wanted to buy Lakers v. 76ers tix earlier in the year but didn't. Last Lakers v. 76ers game I went to was Kobe's 1st game of his KFT. That was awesome.

Tickets are now close to $200 for nosebleeds in anticipation of LBJ passing Kobe's scoring mark. Yeah no.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

A chart of the top 25 shot creators in the NBA from ... Kirk Goldsberry:

https://i.redd.it/z3w32hvvqrc41.jpg

Nicked from reddit
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Matt Barnes: It almost looks like he's on cruise control out there, so he's going to be a problem come playoff time

This. He's hardly exerting himself. If anyone understands how to pace the regular season, to the effect of 8 straight Finals, it's LeBron James.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know where to pull conditional on/off stats such as when James is on the floor but Davis is specifically off?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
drae wrote:

This. He's hardly exerting himself. If anyone understands how to pace the regular season, to the effect of 8 straight Finals, it's LeBron James.

He’s hardly exerting himself...really?!

Yet he’s in the top tier of players when it comes to total minutes played, usage, isos and drives to the cup (even though as a team, we dead last).

Just cause he makes it look easy, doesn’t mean dude ain’t gassing himself out.

Top 10 in usage%
https://stats.nba.com/players/usage/?sort=USG_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Top 4 in isos attempts per
https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?sort=POSS&dir=1

Top 15 in drive attempts per
https://stats.nba.com/players/drives/

L4L wrote:
Does anyone know where to pull conditional on/off stats such as when James is on the floor but Davis is specifically off?

Is this what you looking for bro?

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos/nba?TeamId=1610612747&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%2BSeason&PlayerIds=2544,203076&OnlyCommonGames=true
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

L4L wrote:

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy-combos/nba?TeamId=1610612747&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%2BSeason&PlayerIds=2544,203076&OnlyCommonGames=true

Yes! Thanks. I’m not sure if there is any more advanced tool out there? For example, look at specific quarters or only games in the last month etc?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

L4L wrote:

Yes! Thanks. I’m not sure if there is any more advanced tool out there? For example, look at specific quarters or only games in the last month etc?

You gotta toggle the filters in this link. You can trigger all types of conditions such as quarters, time remaining, dates of games played, etc.

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy/nba
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
L4L wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

L4L wrote:

You gotta toggle the filters in this link. You can trigger all types of conditions such as quarters, time remaining, dates of games played, etc.

https://www.pbpstats.com/wowy/nba

Dude, thanks so much.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
A chart of the top 25 shot creators in the NBA from ... Kirk Goldsberry:

https://i.redd.it/z3w32hvvqrc41.jpg

Nicked from reddit

Cool chart, but then I suppose I just like the results.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1355, 1356, 1357 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1356 of 2086
Jump to: