The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1346, 1347, 1348 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
He's been amazing every game this season. Actually, he's been amazing his whole career. Eight consecutive NBA final appearances wasn't a fluke. Plus the 180 turnaround from his old and new teams, except for last year cuz the Lakers didn't have a real HC, more like an assistant coach. So yea, he's proven again and again that he is indeed the GOAT.

Kareem says hold my crown.

This feels like old man screaming at the clouds while at the park.

Imagine if Lebron had John Wooden, Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and James Worthy during his career?

Hell, imagine if Lebron played in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s??

How are they going to guard his crossover? How are they going to guard his speed and insane vertical? An before you say it was more physical back then Lebron is built like a Mack truck. You can’t Kevin McHale close line him so easily.

Mentally LeBron not even in the same universe as many of those all time greats. Not buying his heart ...dude runs from the moment far too often for me to call him GOAT like many here so easily do.
All time great? Yes
Better than many other all time greats? Very debatable.

This is the reply I’m looking for.

I’ll admit lakersfever quote of calling him the GOAT is a bit too much but still shines the light on how overlooked Lebron’s greatness is being handled by some Lakers fans.

Some say it’s mental lapses, some say he doesn’t really give a damn about the meaningless regular season as much as the playoffs.

Opinions will vary, and that’s cool. As long as everyone’s view is respected from the onset then no problem, you know?
It’s bizarre that some Laker fans feel that all fans should view every player the same. Some got Magic as greatest Laker. Some Kareem. Others Shaq. For me, it’s Kobe.
Don’t know why fans get so offended when someone disagrees with them.

On the subject of LeBron. If you think he’s the GOAT, go for it.
But don’t tell me it’s a “Fact” or that I have to agree with you.
I will never have any patience for that garbage and will push back every single time.
Unless god himself descends and tells us who the GOAT is, then there’s no such thing as a GOAT. It’s all how you view the game and everyone has their own take on it. Once again, this shouldn’t be a problem.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
He's been amazing every game this season. Actually, he's been amazing his whole career. Eight consecutive NBA final appearances wasn't a fluke. Plus the 180 turnaround from his old and new teams, except for last year cuz the Lakers didn't have a real HC, more like an assistant coach. So yea, he's proven again and again that he is indeed the GOAT.

Kareem says hold my crown.

This feels like old man screaming at the clouds while at the park.

Imagine if Lebron had John Wooden, Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and James Worthy during his career?

Hell, imagine if Lebron played in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s??

How are they going to guard his crossover? How are they going to guard his speed and insane vertical? An before you say it was more physical back then Lebron is built like a Mack truck. You can’t Kevin McHale close line him so easily.

There is no need to imagine, we have seen both careers.

Fair enough.
Respect is due for both greats.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I have been a fan of Lebron since he took the Cavs to the Finals, obviously a fan from afar. His attitude last season made me question that but he’s been great this season.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Unless god himself descends and tells us who the GOAT is, then there’s no such thing as a GOAT. It’s all how you view the game and everyone has their own take on it. Once again, this shouldn’t be a problem.

100% Facts.

An fwiw I don’t think Lebron is the GOAT. An in some ways don’t believe Kobe or Kareem is either. But that isn’t the place for me to discuss in LAbron’s thread.

Everyone mentioned , dominated their respected era. We constantly finds ways to compare them as it mostly just leaves us with some friendly banter.

Magic revolutionized the game of basketball with his playmaking.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

100% Facts.

An fwiw I don’t think Lebron is the GOAT. An in some ways don’t believe Kobe or Kareem is either. But that isn’t the place for me to discuss in LAbron’s thread.

Everyone mentioned , dominated their respected era. We constantly finds ways to compare them as it mostly just leaves us with some friendly banter.

Magic revolutionized the game of basketball with his playmaking.

Definitely. And arguments can be made for all of them as GOAT.
But in the end, that’s all they are. Just arguments.
I guess that bothers some people here. For me, it’s what makes it cool to talk hoops.
If it was all purely science where would the fun be in the sharing of opinions?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I have been a fan of Lebron since he took the Cavs to the Finals, obviously a fan from afar. His attitude last season made me question that but he’s been great this season.

His attitude last season was definitely “zero f’s” given.
It was Magic and Rob’s version of load managing.

It was big reason he signed up. Getting the mulligan in year one with the kids. Bring in AD the next season and go to battle.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It was big reason he signed up. Getting the mulligan in year one with the kids. Bring in AD the next season and go to battle.

Yeah, as a fan of competitors that will never sit well with me.
Can’t pretend that mindset is worthy of respect.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

We were 3rd in the West before his groin took like 40 days off due to injury...not sure how that puts him I. DGAF mode.

If Luke wouldn't have taken us on epic losses to the bottom of the barrel teams while at home then perhaps he comes back and guides the kids into the playoffs...

#BannersOverBillboards
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

We were 3rd in the West before his groin took like 40 days off due to injury...not sure how that puts him I. DGAF mode.

If Luke wouldn't have taken us on epic losses to the bottom of the barrel teams while at home then perhaps he comes back and guides the kids into the playoffs...

Was not impressed by his efforts last season, regardless of team record.
Did not feel like he did a good job as leader of our young squad.
Much better in that regard this year.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Really no difference from when Shaq gained 40 pounds after winning the title in 2000.
Only to come back chubbier and win two more lol

Lebron is doing all he can now.

If You love the Lakers ,
Lebron deserves respect.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Lebron deserves respect as an NBA player but he hasn’t done anything with the Lakers
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Really no difference from when Shaq gained 40 pounds after winning the title in 2000.

If You love the Lakers ,
Lebron deserves respect.

Not all scenarios are created equal.
And that was not cool by Shaq. Just one more reason the narrative of him “carrying” Kobe is so ludicrous.

I respect LeBron’s leadership more this season, in particular the defensive effort he gave in the opening weeks of the season.
Respect is earned, whether you don the Purple and Gold or not.
My love of the Lakers (my all time favorite team in any sport) will never dictate my individual analysis of each player.
To each their own.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron deserves respect as an NBA player but he hasn’t done anything with the Lakers

TBD
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Yes, and it doesn’t have to end in a title, at least IMO. If we get to the WCF and lose to a good team, I will consider it a good season.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If You love the Lakers ,
Lebron deserves respect.

And that was not cool by Shaq. Just one more reason the narrative of him “carrying” Kobe is so ludicrous.

I respect LeBron’s leadership more this season, in particular the defensive effort he gave in the opening weeks of the season.
My love of the Lakers (my all time favorite team in any sport) will never dictate my individual analysis of each player.
To each their own.

Far from a finish product. An championships is what we celebrate since the beginning of time. Sure.

I’m okay with celebrating that Lebron turned this franchise which was in the dumpster into a “top 3” team.

It’s okay to enjoy the small victories. It only makes the big victories that much sweeter.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If You love the Lakers ,
Lebron deserves respect.

To each their own.

Far from a finish product. An championships is what we celebrate since the beginning of time. Sure.

I’m okay with celebrating that Lebron turned this franchise which was in the dumpster into a “top 3” team.

It’s okay to enjoy the small victories. It only makes the big victories that much sweeter.

Nothing wrong with that
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yes, and it doesn’t have to end in a title, at least IMO. If we get to the WCF and lose to a good team, I will consider it a good season.

Obviously nothing's a certainty in the playoffs, but it seems like you'd be safe to bet it on being Lakers vs Clippers. Then who knows what happens from there
#18 next...
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Agreed, no question. Lebron started to grow on me in his second stint in Cleveland. I would say heck yeah, Im a fan, but he is nothing as of right now when it comes to my Lakers. Love his attitude though, and he does really seem like this is a dream come true.

The great thing is, I dont think we have even seen everything he is capable of. Some analysts think he is pushing too hard, man I cant wait for the playoffs. From what I can see, he is going to be able to get to that next level again come playoff time.

I think he has looked better as the season has gone on. Playing time seems to be doing him good.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I thought Lebron actually had a good year last year. It just got derailed by an injury.

He was playing at an MVP level and we were only a couple of games from the top spot in the west last year when he was injured.

A year later, he's playing at an MVP level and we have the best record in the west.

I have no complaints about his tenure here.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

People either love Lebron or nothing short of a banner is gonna change their minds. There doesn’t seem to be any in between.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
People either love Lebron or nothing short of a banner is gonna change their minds. There doesn’t seem to be any in between.

He's a divisive figure, and a lot of people become highly emotional when discussing him.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

He's a divisive figure, and a lot of people become highly emotional when discussing him.

I get that and I’m ok with it.

However some like to put him down in order to prop up others. That’s when this place becomes a bit exhausting.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Lebron was stellar vs the Rockets. Those laser accurate passes. The string drive and finishes at the rim. The alley pop from the KCP. MVP type stuff.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:02 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I thought Lebron actually had a good year last year. It just got derailed by an injury.

He was playing at an MVP level and we were only a couple of games from the top spot in the west last year when he was injured.

A year later, he's playing at an MVP level and we have the best record in the west.

I have no complaints about his tenure here.

Exactly how I seen it as well.. He was obviously in cruise control at the end of last season because of the injury and season being over by the time he returned but before that I thought he was playing damn good overall. He turned up the defense to another entire level this season though and has a better, more consistent and healthy roster not to mention a massive upgrade in the coaching staff.

I used to always root against him for his entire career until about 2-3 years before he came to the Lakers you could tell he was starting to really mature and he gained a ton of respect from me since and has handled being a Laker very well.. Reps tf out of P&G every chance he gets which feels good to have some of the best players doing it again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1346, 1347, 1348 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1347 of 2082
Jump to: