The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1292, 1293, 1294 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
danzag wrote:
"I am a Laker. I am definitely a Laker. I feel it. I'm happy as hell to be one."
https://streamable.com/kt62q

I'm 100% behind LeBron and this squad.

LET'S GO LAKERS
#17 INCOMING

Lebron will be a Karl Malone Laker without a title.

Right on cue: VLF AKA "LG's Prince of Darkness"
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

It's crazy to me how Dwight gets nothing but love now. All is forgiven. Even though this dude is the cheesiest, and has the most cowardice history with us. But the guy who's going to be responsible for whether or not we win a chip, who's playing at a very high level, gets so much push back from "Laker" fans. What is his sin? I mean if you can embrace Dwight, you can embrace Lebron.

You're not a Lakers fan if you're not enjoying this season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
It's crazy to me how Dwight gets nothing but love now. All is forgiven. Even though this dude is the cheesiest, and has the most cowardice history with us. But the guy who's going to be responsible for whether or not we win a chip, who's playing at a very high level, gets so much push back from "Laker" fans. What is his sin? I mean if you can embrace Dwight, you can embrace Lebron.

Honestly the storyline of Dwight's 2nd go around makes loving him that much more enjoyable.

I pretty much embraced LBJ from the get go but he's right, he finally feels like a Laker. Makes you realize how long its been since we were with a. true superstar... and the dude is a showman.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Well if someone tries to compare Malone and Lebron together as Lakers they are blatantly trolling and just trying to cause drama which pretty much falls in line with quite a few of VLF's posts.

Lebron is playing out of his mind and is the clear qb and leader on a team thats 21-3 being considered top contenders by most. Nitpick all you want but the guy is a top 3 mvp candidate at nearly 35y/o and passing the expectations of even some of his biggest supporters.

Some people just love to be miserable and find the tiny sliver of bad and dwell on it like its all that matters.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

VLF is a grouchy dude, still moping about the regime takeover. He doesn't bother me actually. I'm more bothered by the zealous player fans who must make sure their idol has the bigger pecker.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
danzag wrote:
"I am a Laker. I am definitely a Laker. I feel it. I'm happy as hell to be one."

LET'S GO LAKERS
#17 INCOMING

The haters are triggered!

Expect to see pages of them whining and crying!

Oh no! Not the dreaded "haters" moniker being invoked....

I hope you realize that some of you bring on the comments yourselves with the over the top James rhetoric. Not those acknowledging James' comment but those that follow chiding the "haters".

Curious what those that worship at the alter of James like to call themselves?

Jamesists? Cult followers? Disciples? I think Minions feels right.

Certainly not Laker fans, that is too broad a group that we all belong to. You are a select few that cling together in your single purpose. Adoration of your own special Gru.

The triggering has began!

The Minions are triggered!

BOOM!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
danzag wrote:

LET'S GO LAKERS
#17 INCOMING

The haters are triggered!

Oh no! Not the dreaded "haters" moniker being invoked....

I hope you realize that some of you bring on the comments yourselves with the over the top James rhetoric. Not those acknowledging James' comment but those that follow chiding the "haters".

Curious what those that worship at the alter of James like to call themselves?

Jamesists? Cult followers? Disciples? I think Minions feels right.

Certainly not Laker fans, that is too broad a group that we all belong to. You are a select few that cling together in your single purpose. Adoration of your own special Gru.

The triggering has began!

The Minions are triggered!

BOOM!

The bolded comments above are examples of discussing posters/fans instead of the topic. Please refrain from this as the insulting nature of these posts begs for a response from those insulted and the entire thread will go south. LG rules still apply to this thread. DISCUSS THE TOPIC, NOT THE POSTERS. Thanks.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
VLF is a grouchy dude, still moping about the regime takeover. He doesn't bother me actually. I'm more bothered by the zealous player fans who must make sure their idol has the bigger pecker.

I'm John Salley-esque in that department . . .
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
danzag wrote:

LET'S GO LAKERS
#17 INCOMING

Please do not take this the wrong way. I'm not looking to disrespect or start something on a James thread.

But in all honesty, what else would you expect him to say. Talk about how he likes the Lakers but his heart will always be a Cav or Heat. I wouldn't even fault him for an emotional allegiance to his home town team in fact.

The man is a world class PR man. His ability to self promote and manipulate the media rivals his ability to control the court.

James has started the season in incredible MVP fashion. I hope he maintains this level all year.

I think you're wrong about this. I live in Cleveland, and watched Lebron up close his whole career besides Miami days. I think Lebron always wanted to be a Laker. Think about it, he could of went anywhere. He came to a bum "explicit" team with the front office in shambles. LeBron has always liked winners, he showed up to an Indians game wearing a Yankees hat. Cleveland fans felt disrespected lol. Dont get me wrong, Miami and Cleveland has their place, especially Cleveland. But I think LeBron has always loved the Lakers. When he was just beginning to really understand the game, at that age, it was the height of the Kobe and Shaq era. I heard the conviction in his voice he chose to come to L.A. And there is no doubt in my mind he wants to win in a Laker uniform so he can be solidified as the GOAT.

If Laker fans say you're the greatest, it means more. Lakers are global.

I tend to agree. Never heard him talk about being a Cav or Heat the way he does about the Lakers. PR might have a lot to do with it but even so, it's natural that a guy who cares so much about his own brand would feel an affinity for the most popular franchise in the league.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Name another player in the league today who could replace LeBron on the Lakers

Depends on who you ask. I've seen some suggest that some of our own bench players could replace Lebron in the starting lineup and we'd be better.

For me and for this team ... maybe Giannis but that's it but it wouldn't be a better version of what we're getting, it would be a different version with unclear results.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Well if someone tries to compare Malone and Lebron together as Lakers they are blatantly trolling and just trying to cause drama which pretty much falls in line with quite a few of VLF's posts.

Lebron is playing out of his mind and is the clear qb and leader on a team thats 21-3 being considered top contenders by most. Nitpick all you want but the guy is a top 3 mvp candidate at nearly 35y/o and passing the expectations of even some of his biggest supporters.

Some people just love to be miserable and find the tiny sliver of bad and dwell on it like its all that matters.

Lebron is a mercenary, same as Malone. I cheered for Malone and also for Lebron, but both are hired guns.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
danzag wrote:

LET'S GO LAKERS
#17 INCOMING

Lebron will be a Karl Malone Laker without a title.

Right on cue: VLF AKA "LG's Prince of Darkness"

i don't get why we are wishing the worst for our best player. Also, this mercenary or hired gun argument is bogus because player movement is the new normal for the NBA today. Was Shaq also a "mercenary" since he wasn't drafted by us? Last time that i checked, his jersey is hanging in Staples and his statue is outside.

Last edited by BadGuy on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

As a Laker player, Lebron is more closer to Wilt than Karl Malone.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Yupe and too bad he is kept around for click and baits
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Who isn't a mercenary? Kobe also asked for a trade several times, is he not a Laker anymore?

LeBron accepted the Lakers' offer when we were a (bleep) team, nobody had the confidence to sign for a team with just questionable young talent besides him. He is one of the main reasons that we are fighting for the championship and not for the 8th seed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
hype wrote:

Lebron is a mercenary, same as Malone. I cheered for Malone and also for Lebron, but both are hired guns.

Malone played for 1 year, was hurt and then retired at the age of 40.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

There are going to be players that are on our team that some don't like. This is nothing new. I didn't like Dennis Rodman on our team. I didn't like Karl Malone on our team. I wasn't a big fan of Glen Rice. It's no big deal as long as we win. We won with Glen Rice and I still don't like him much. If we win with lebron some of us will still won't like him, but that won't stop us from celebrating. Its all about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

I think what ticks us that don't like lebron the most are the people that try to force us to like him. We are entitled to our opinions of people just like everyone else and should never be labeled that childish and overused term of "hater". It's just human nature to be rubbed the wrong way by certain people, all of us are guilty of that in one way or another.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

It all depends if he wins a title here like Wilt or comes up short like Malone. I'm hopeful he can pull it off.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

There are going to be players that are on our team that some don't like. This is nothing new. I didn't like Dennis Rodman on our team. I didn't like Karl Malone on our team. I wasn't a big fan of Glen Rice. It's no big deal as long as we win. We won with Glen Rice and I still don't like him much. If we win with lebron some of us will still won't like him, but that won't stop us from celebrating. Its all about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

I think what ticks us that don't like lebron the most are the people that try to force us to like him. We are entitled to our opinions of people just like everyone else and should never be labeled that childish and overused term of "hater". It's just human nature to be rubbed the wrong way by certain people, all of us are guilty of that in one way or another.

I was down on LBJ b/f he came to the Lakers. You can check the receipts on how I openly rooted against him year after year.

But once he donned the Lakers uniform, I'm 3000% behind him. His success means my team succeeds. I don't think anyone should be forced to love LBJ, but rooting for his failure is rooting for our favorite team to fail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I don’t disagree with your post as a general principle.

But I have yet to see someone that holds your particular view and extend that across to every Laker.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I was down on LBJ b/f he came to the Lakers. You can check the receipts on how I openly rooted against him year after year.

But once he donned the Lakers uniform, I'm 3000% behind him. His success means my team succeeds. I don't think anyone should be forced to love LBJ, but rooting for his failure is rooting for our favorite team to fail.

Agreed as usual, bro.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Who isn't a mercenary? Kobe also asked for a trade several times, is he not a Laker anymore?

LeBron accepted the Lakers' offer when we were a (bleep) team, nobody had the confidence to sign for a team with just questionable young talent besides him. He is one of the main reasons that we are fighting for the championship and not for the 8th seed.

Lebron isn’t a mercenary unless you’re just trying to force jam squish him into that definition on a technicality.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Lebron isn’t a mercenary unless you’re just trying to force jam squish him into that definition on a technicality.

Sign a full 4 yr contract while playing MVP level, who said LeBron is a mercenary
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This

GO LAKERS
GO BRON
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

You'll never hear me say something bad about Bron if Kobe is left out of the discussion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1292, 1293, 1294 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1293 of 2086
Jump to: