The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1247, 1248, 1249 ... 1284, 1285, 1286  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32947

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.
_________________
πŸ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers πŸ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.


Whatever the reason, LeBron has been leading by example on that end of the court. Keep it up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32947

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.


Whatever the reason, LeBron has been leading by example on that end of the court. Keep it up


Could it be because Kuzma isn't playing center?
_________________
πŸ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers πŸ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.


Whatever the reason, LeBron has been leading by example on that end of the court. Keep it up


Could it be because Kuzma isn't playing center?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32947

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.


Whatever the reason, LeBron has been leading by example on that end of the court. Keep it up


Could it be because Kuzma isn't playing center?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxlu7nYdhU

Or could it be that Lebron actually did play defense before.
But the rest of the team and/or coaching scheme sucked *** on defense?
_________________
πŸ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers πŸ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.


Whatever the reason, LeBron has been leading by example on that end of the court. Keep it up


Could it be because Kuzma isn't playing center?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxlu7nYdhU

Or could it be that Lebron actually did play defense before.
But the rest of the team and/or coaching scheme sucked *** on defense?


Peanut Butter and Jelly?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.


Whatever the reason, LeBron has been leading by example on that end of the court. Keep it up


Could it be because Kuzma isn't playing center?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxlu7nYdhU

Or could it be that Lebron actually did play defense before.
But the rest of the team and/or coaching scheme sucked *** on defense?


Such an amazing youtube channel

He put out a video 3 weeks ago on why Lebron's peaking as a passer right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0TtkYVYJTo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32947

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...


I think it helps that Vogel isn't switching on defense.


Whatever the reason, LeBron has been leading by example on that end of the court. Keep it up


Could it be because Kuzma isn't playing center?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxlu7nYdhU

Or could it be that Lebron actually did play defense before.
But the rest of the team and/or coaching scheme sucked *** on defense?


Such an amazing youtube channel

He put out a video 3 weeks ago on why Lebron's peaking as a passer right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0TtkYVYJTo


Too good!
Reminds me of me. The anticipation part.
_________________
πŸ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers πŸ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Reminds me of me. The anticipation part.




Anyway another interesting stat:

No player in NBA history has ever averaged more than seven points, > seven rebounds and > seven assists in their age-35 season.

LeBron James is currently averaging:
26.1 points,
8.3 rebounds,
a league-leading 11.1 assists
through the Lakers' first 8 games


https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1192861755812274176

Yes, we know, drugs are better these days than they were in MJ's time. And also the pace of the game has sped up with less defense enabling these sorts of statistics.

Still pretty darn good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:

Reminds me of me. The anticipation part.




Anyway another interesting stat:

No player in NBA history has ever averaged more than seven points, > seven rebounds and > seven assists in their age-35 season.

LeBron James is currently averaging:
26.1 points,
8.3 rebounds,
a league-leading 11.1 assists
through the Lakers' first 8 games


https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1192861755812274176

Yes, we know, drugs are better these days than they were in MJ's time. And also the pace of the game has sped up with less defense enabling these sorts of statistics.

Still pretty darn good


Glad you added those variables. But yes, still pretty darn good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:

Reminds me of me. The anticipation part.




Anyway another interesting stat:

No player in NBA history has ever averaged more than seven points, > seven rebounds and > seven assists in their age-35 season.

LeBron James is currently averaging:
26.1 points,
8.3 rebounds,
a league-leading 11.1 assists
through the Lakers' first 8 games


https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1192861755812274176

Yes, we know, drugs are better these days than they were in MJ's time. And also the pace of the game has sped up with less defense enabling these sorts of statistics.

Still pretty darn good


Glad you added those variables. But yes, still pretty darn good


The whole modern 3 point game thing also helps. Doesn't take as much energy to launch 3 pointers ... 4 point line coming when
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 28544

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:

Reminds me of me. The anticipation part.




Anyway another interesting stat:

No player in NBA history has ever averaged more than seven points, > seven rebounds and > seven assists in their age-35 season.

LeBron James is currently averaging:
26.1 points,
8.3 rebounds,
a league-leading 11.1 assists
through the Lakers' first 8 games


https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1192861755812274176

Yes, we know, drugs are better these days than they were in MJ's time. And also the pace of the game has sped up with less defense enabling these sorts of statistics.

Still pretty darn good



People don't realize how rare it is for a player to average 7 rebounds and 7 assists in the same season at any point in their career.

Lets see: Wilt, MJ, Grant Hill, Oscar, Westbrook, Kidd, Magic, Bird, Pippen, Havlicek, Lebron, Fat Lever.

There might be some others, but that's all I can think of. Of that list how many even played to age 35 -- 5 or 6 maybe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17278
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

πŸ‘‘ King
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 43585

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Another great game from LeBron "The King" James.

Brilliant actually.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 688

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Our so called shooters better start knocking down shots. Need to help both Lebron and AD to put away games so they can rest and don’t have to work so much.

Way to take us home tonight Bron...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105927

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

He’s very good at basketball. LBJ and AD combo is πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯.
_________________
#FreeIGGY
#IHaveSpoken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32947

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

If our guys hit 3s, LeBron could play less minutes
_________________
πŸ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers πŸ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If our guys hit 3s, LeBron could play less minutes


I'm hoping this will happen. He looked super tired tonight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32947

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
If our guys hit 3s, LeBron could play less minutes


I'm hoping this will happen. He looked super tired tonight


Couldn't even stand for the post game interview with MT
_________________
πŸ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers πŸ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
If our guys hit 3s, LeBron could play less minutes


I'm hoping this will happen. He looked super tired tonight


Couldn't even stand for the post game interview with MT


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
realking24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2203

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
If our guys hit 3s, LeBron could play less minutes


I'm hoping this will happen. He looked super tired tonight


Couldn't even stand for the post game interview with MT




He’s putting in the effort on D and while carrying our offense at times. That’s got to be exhausting!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
If our guys hit 3s, LeBron could play less minutes


I'm hoping this will happen. He looked super tired tonight


Couldn't even stand for the post game interview with MT




He’s putting in the effort on D and while carrying our offense at times. That’s got to be exhausting!!


It's why I hope Rondo comes back soon. Maybe another playmaker alleviates the burden.

So much rests on Kuz. If he takes a step forward this year it will help A LOT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
realking24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 2203

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
realking24 wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
If our guys hit 3s, LeBron could play less minutes


I'm hoping this will happen. He looked super tired tonight


Couldn't even stand for the post game interview with MT




He’s putting in the effort on D and while carrying our offense at times. That’s got to be exhausting!!


It's why I hope Rondo comes back soon. Maybe another playmaker alleviates the burden.

So much rests on Kuz. If he takes a step forward this year it will help A LOT


Totally agree and I was on the nots play Rondo that much train earlier but I think the Lakers need him now lol. Plus Kuz like you said needs to step it upπŸ‘
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nbacommish17/status/1193019475668324353

Stay healthy Lebron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 17789

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Are we going to load manage Lebron?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1247, 1248, 1249 ... 1284, 1285, 1286  Next
Page 1248 of 1286
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB