The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1246, 1247, 1248 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
I’d like to see his minutes limited to around 32 a game

That would be amazing.
But no way it happens unless our guards off the bench actually start hitting some shots. Hopefully we can get some blowout wins next week.

Question: Is it better for LeBron to sit out full games here or there or try a different form of load management and just keep his minutes at that 32-33 mark for the year regardless?
Which scenario benefits his health overall, I wonder?

IMO, it's not simply about minutes. But it's the amount of exertion he has to use in those minutes. If he's at 35 mpg, but say 6 of those minutes he can coast because the rest of the team is playing well, I think it's fine. Having him play 35 mpg while having to play like the 3rd quarter of the Bulls game is not something I'd want.

Also, I would not want my guys playing in back to back games. Not that it'll give him more energy for the playoffs, but to give the body rest after a game as to reduce the risk of injury.

Got it
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

That would be amazing.
But no way it happens unless our guards off the bench actually start hitting some shots. Hopefully we can get some blowout wins next week.

Question: Is it better for LeBron to sit out full games here or there or try a different form of load management and just keep his minutes at that 32-33 mark for the year regardless?

IMO, it's not simply about minutes. But it's the amount of exertion he has to use in those minutes. If he's at 35 mpg, but say 6 of those minutes he can coast because the rest of the team is playing well, I think it's fine. Having him play 35 mpg while having to play like the 3rd quarter of the Bulls game is not something I'd want.

Also, I would not want my guys playing in back to back games. Not that it'll give him more energy for the playoffs, but to give the body rest after a game as to reduce the risk of injury.

Also one thing to keep in mind that his minutes will ramp up in the playoffs. So last thing you want to do is cut his minutes too low during the regular season. Your body will take a lot of adjustments and getting used to play those type of heavy minutes. I think which can also lead to injuries. Example Curry, Durant, and even Kawhi started breaking down in the playoffs last year. He was just fortunate Warriors had more injuries.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

If Bron is rested during the season at times, I'd prefer it be against scrub teams. I'd rather he always play against other elite teams if not injured.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

He's gotta get a game or two off.

I think they're waiting until Kuz can sort of get back to his 18-20ppg level play so there's a 2nd shot finisher.

Who is more important right now to load manage? 34 year old LBJ or AD?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

That would be amazing.

There is a lot of debate about that in the medical community. From what I've read, the feeling seems to be that taking off a whole game is more beneficial to the body than playing fewer minutes over a series of games.

There is also a sense that minutes spent playing in an actual game are different than minutes practicing or lifting weight since they all have different stressors. However, no one really knows for sure.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

That would be amazing.

There is a lot of debate about that in the medical community. From what I've read, the feeling seems to be that taking off a whole game is more beneficial to the body than playing fewer minutes over a series of games.

There is also a sense that minutes spent playing in an actual game are different than minutes practicing or lifting weight since they all have different stressors. However, no one really knows for sure.

Yeah, I can theorize the benefits both ways. Hard to know..
God, I miss the days where it was just “My guy dunked on your guy, he’s better!” Lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

That would be amazing.

God, I miss the days where it was just “My guy dunked on your guy, he’s better!” Lol

Remember when you thought Dominique Wilkins was better than Larry Bird?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

That would be amazing.

Remember when you thought Dominique Wilkins was better than Larry Bird?

Hahahahahaha!! Vaguely
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

Now Larry Bird, that would be interesting. He was so beset by injuries at the end of his career, he would be load managing like crazy, right?

LBJ's durability going into his 17th year is pretty insane.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

That would be amazing.

Don't worry. 95% of the discussions on LG (or most social media boards) will always be at the "my guy dunked on your guy" level.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Per NBA PR, if LeBron scores at least 20 against the Heat tomorrow he will become the third player ever with 1,000 20-point games

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1192512649155629056

The win is the most important thing though. If we rack up enough wins we have a nice cushion so we can rest our stars
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
epak wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

That would be amazing.

Don't worry. 95% of the discussions on LG (or most social media boards) will always be at the "my guy dunked on your guy" level.

Whew..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Per NBA PR, if LeBron scores at least 20 against the Heat tomorrow he will become the third player ever with 1,000 20-point games

The win is the most important thing though. If we rack up enough wins we have a nice cushion so we can rest our stars

It's just so crazy that a guy that passes so well, also has so many points.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
drae wrote:

I guess it's a bit easier when you're blessed with the physical capabilities to just blow by people. I think he started as a really good football wide receiver before concentrating on basketball and I think it shows. Just that burst football players need to have.

I don't know what to make of this … https://streamable.com/tphco
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:

I guess it's a bit easier when you're blessed with the physical capabilities to just blow by people. I think he started as a really good football wide receiver before concentrating on basketball and I think it shows. Just that burst football players need to have.

Well, it obviously means he’s the GOAT right?? 😉
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:

[redacted] 😉

Physically gifted is right.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:

[redacted] 😉

Physically gifted is right.

😇
Hey now, I didn’t say Mamba’s name
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

This thread is so much cleaner now. Yes.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Now there’s no excuse
You wanna talk Kobe v LeBron? We got you covered fam
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

And now I don’t have to hear the same 3 or 4 dudes use the disagreements about Kobe/LeBron to whine and insult everyone Lol
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Is it really?... 😂
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The question is how many days till the LBJ v. Kobe thread passes this one in page count? I give it 10 days.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The question is how many days till the LBJ v. Kobe thread passes this one in page count? I give it 10 days.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Where there’s a will, there’s a way

I've heard of a Will Smith. But not a Way Smith.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

I'm still surprised at how much he's buying into playing defense. He's locked in. Man if we can just get Iggy...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1246, 1247, 1248 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1247 of 2086
Jump to: